Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:09:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916351 times)
webbrowser

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:34:31 AM

I suspect that most of the manufacturers need to turn to self-mining, simply because that's still better than sitting on the product.

The question is - for how much longer?

I suspect self-mining will only really remain an option for those with market-beating power efficiency and/or a deal with high deployment/low tariff farms such as datatank.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:43:37 AM

What is the low voltage efficiency like on the BE200, how competitive would it be if every miner is underclocking to save power?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sharky101

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

I suspect that most of the manufacturers need to turn to self-mining, simply because that's still better than sitting on the product.

I suspect self-mining will only really remain an option for those with market-beating power efficiency and/or a deal with high deployment/low tariff farms such as datatank.

I'd put money on DataTank and AM have done some kind of deal. We're now reaching the realms where efficiency is key. DataTank have the efficiency technology and AM the chip experience. Also with the uncertainties of China's stance on bitcoin in general, it's good to know that a shipping container can be relocated in a couple of days.

If friedcat is truly the business person we all expect him to be, he would have seen the mining squeeze coming and formed alliances as appropriate.

The biggest threat to AM at present is the sheer lack of shareholder confidence. In my opinion this is an easy problem to solve, it only needs a few words from friedcat little and often. I don't think shareholders are unreasonable expecting this. Friedcat doesn't need even need to divulge anything commercial sensitive. He just needs to be seen to be proactive and that his plan of action is pushing ahead.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:14:26 PM

I'd put money on DataTank and AM have done some kind of deal. We're now reaching the realms where efficiency is key. DataTank have the efficiency technology and AM the chip experience. Also with the uncertainties of China's stance on bitcoin in general, it's good to know that a shipping container can be relocated in a couple of days.

If friedcat is truly the business person we all expect him to be, he would have seen the mining squeeze coming and formed alliances as appropriate.

The biggest threat to AM at present is the sheer lack of shareholder confidence. In my opinion this is an easy problem to solve, it only needs a few words from friedcat little and often. I don't think shareholders are unreasonable expecting this. Friedcat doesn't need even need to divulge anything commercial sensitive. He just needs to be seen to be proactive and that his plan of action is pushing ahead.

I really hope FC pass by this and give us a free "everything is ok" hug.
sharky101

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:29:11 PM

I really hope FC pass by this and give us a free "everything is ok" hug.

I think a dividend would say more. That said I don't expect one for a number of months (feel free to surprise us FC), there is just too much competition. If we wipe some of that competition out maybe there will become room to make some dividend spends. At present everything should be reinvested for mass gen4 production.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

The biggest threat to AM at present is the sheer lack of shareholder confidence. In my opinion this is an easy problem to solve, it only needs a few words from friedcat little and often.

I don't see how shareholder confidence is a threat to the company. AM is not looking to do another IPO or asking for support from shareholders in any way so if people want to dump shares cheap it's really not a problem for anyone but the seller. Customers don't care if shareholders get fed or not and there are lots of folks who would love to get a piece of the action for cheap. We are in a big crunch, AM doesn't have to destroy all of the competition, just weed out all the weak ones and pre-order garbage out there. The new Cointerra offering is just begging to fail like so many others. Pre-orders and other garbage needs to end, but good companies running tight ships should survive the AM assault.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:12:35 PM

The biggest threat to AM at present is the sheer lack of shareholder confidence. In my opinion this is an easy problem to solve, it only needs a few words from friedcat little and often.

I don't see how shareholder confidence is a threat to the company. AM is not looking to do another IPO or asking for support from shareholders in any way so if people want to dump shares cheap it's really not a problem for anyone but the seller. Customers don't care if shareholders get fed or not and there are lots of folks who would love to get a piece of the action for cheap. We are in a big crunch, AM doesn't have to destroy all of the competition, just weed out all the weak ones and pre-order garbage out there. The new Cointerra offering is just begging to fail like so many others. Pre-orders and other garbage needs to end, but good companies running tight ships should survive the AM assault.

You are forgetting that many shareholders have been very helpful in the sales (and also this) thread - both by helping with technical problems / other requests and also silencing the trolls. And that is absolutely necessary looking at the quality of AM's sales rep.

I can only speak for myself: I have not lost any confidence in AM but I am more than annoyed with the silence. At least a free hug from time to time (w/o disclosing any info that might help competitors with their strategic decisions) would paint a completely different picture.

Imho this venture can only turn out in 2 ways for the shareholders: 0 or moon. Of course there is the 3rd possibility to get out right now. But I for myself will not. Let the ship either sink or learn flying; I will stay on board.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:10:42 PM

You are forgetting that many shareholders have been very helpful in the sales (and also this) thread - both by helping with technical problems / other requests and also silencing the trolls. And that is absolutely necessary looking at the quality of AM's sales rep.

I can only speak for myself: I have not lost any confidence in AM but I am more than annoyed with the silence. At least a free hug from time to time (w/o disclosing any info that might help competitors with their strategic decisions) would paint a completely different picture.

Imho this venture can only turn out in 2 ways for the shareholders: 0 or moon. Of course there is the 3rd possibility to get out right now. But I for myself will not. Let the ship either sink or learn flying; I will stay on board.

if it doesnt go to the moon and even taking into account they've paid out more than people invested in the IPO. AMs failure would be a sign that every company on the securities forum is a failure. which all have been besides AM

ok
silverfuture
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:44:38 PM

Agreed more communication is strongly desired and many shareholders are more than happy to lend assistance wherever needed. It's really up to Friedcat and there's not much we can do but ask and wait or sell. 

silverfuture
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:45:47 PM

if it doesnt go to the moon and even taking into account they've paid out more than people invested in the IPO. AMs failure would be a sign that every company on the securities forum is a failure. which all have been besides AM

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/everyones-a-scammer/

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:59:29 AM

Grin
I see we have a new blockeruptor
Its called the Prisma
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791827.0;topicseen

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:13:33 AM

Grin
Its called the Prisma

Good to see that AM and FC are still working.  Although the name of Prisma makes me think of the NSA PRISM...
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:19:42 AM

Grin
Its called the Prisma

Good to see that AM and FC are still working.  Although the name of Prisma makes me think of the NSA PRISM...

Thanks I hadn't yet thought of that one
First thing to my head was the Asicminer Plasma

__
Prisma is a satellite project led by the Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) which consist of two satellites that fly in formation.
Satellites are on the way to the moon Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisma

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
webbrowser

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:59:25 AM

Brief
ASICMiner Prisma is based on a proprietary X48 design for BE200. It greatly reduces power
consumption of the device per GH/s compared to the X24 design.

Power consumption: ~0.67 W/G board-wise. On-wall power consumption relies on PSU
efficiency. (typically 1050-1100 W per full device, 0.75-0.78 W/G)

Nice. I wonder how they managed to squeeze improve power efficiency by ~25% compared to the X24 design.

But even though this further destroys the mining competition, it probably requires nerves of steel to continue investing in miners at this time.

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:22:05 AM

Agreed more communication is strongly desired and many shareholders are more than happy to lend assistance wherever needed. It's really up to Friedcat and there's not much we can do but ask and wait or sell. 

I think the trend of minimal information and infrequent updates is well enough established that you can't expect things to change, now.

You have to be happy to invest based on the trickle of information you currently do get.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:35:27 AM

I should know. I paid 4 BTC for AM shares a year or so ago .....

Didn't you lose all your AM shares when your havelock account got hacked, or did I get people mixed up?

Yes lost them all. Havelock gave me back 50%
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:42:35 AM

I should know. I paid 4 BTC for AM shares a year or so ago .....

Didn't you lose all your AM shares when your havelock account got hacked, or did I get people mixed up?

Yes lost them all. Havelock gave me back 50%

What? gave you back from what ? did they caught part of the BTC or shares that were stolen or what
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:34:09 AM

If FC can keep pulling rabbits out of his hat like this prisma my investor confidence is no threat. If I were the competition I would feel the threat. I'd be very soon out of work! Kill it!
I'm not even worried. Anticipating divs not even so much. It impresses me the prisma's power efficiency. Over at the hardware thread it's like you can hear the applause and champaign popping.
btcbot

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:52:24 AM

Is this a new website?  

http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-channel-name-home

Grin

EDIT: and a new Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/ASICMinerANN

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:54:52 AM

No. There's already a project for translating it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768327.msg8848001#msg8848001
Pages: « 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: