Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879155 times)
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 07:29:11 AM

RChain is going to launch with AMP as the native token, and then developed further to allow validators (block verifiers, extending the Blockchain) to choose to stake and accept fees in other currencies. Note that it is not yet certain that creating a Blockchain capable of accepting multiple currencies is possible.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altty

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:30:55 AM

RChain is going to launch with AMP as the native token, and then developed further to allow validators (block verifiers, extending the Blockchain) to choose to stake and accept fees in other currencies. Note that it is not yet certain that creating a Blockchain capable of accepting multiple currencies is possible.

This is what I was hoping to hear! AMP to the MOON!
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 07:35:20 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 09:25:29 AM by Elokane

We have always been, and still are, committed NOT to profit from the social network itself. We believe basic social organization and communication should not be attached to any profit motivation. This will always be the case, regardless of whether the entity supporting the development of the Synereo platform and its social layer is for- or non-profit.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
jimmco

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:09:04 AM

i hope you guys can release a new alpha demo video in the coming days cos that vancouver presentation was a disaster. full of bugs, hardly anything worked.
It was not that bad. I know how tricky it is to show working demo of early version of any non-trivial piece of software. Dev handled all the issues very well, kudos! On the other hand I can imagine how much effort production version can take. Most optimistically 2017 might be that year. I'd like to see more competing projects in this area, this sea can take more than just two fishes (Synereo and Steem).
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 08:34:15 AM

We'll get a nicer demo video up later in the week, without all of the local network errors that plagued the live demo.

<br>
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:44:24 AM

i hope you guys can release a new alpha demo video in the coming days cos that vancouver presentation was a disaster. full of bugs, hardly anything worked.
It was not that bad. I know how tricky it is to show working demo of early version of any non-trivial piece of software. Dev handled all the issues very well, kudos! On the other hand I can imagine how much effort production version can take. Most optimistically 2017 might be that year. I'd like to see more competing projects in this area, this sea can take more than just two fishes (Synereo and Steem).

I believe the market is huge in this area and even Steemit is still the only active one till date because Synereo is not active yet and there is a new project on the block PostBase. Hope one of them truly get this right because I don't see the Steemit model being sustainable on the long run because the distribution seems rigged

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Altty

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:50:39 AM

I believe the market is huge in this area and even Steemit is still the only active one till date because Synereo is not active yet and there is a new project on the block PostBase. Hope one of them truly get this right because I don't see the Steemit model being sustainable on the long run because the distribution seems rigged

The market is massive. When referring to a decentralised social network the possibilities are endless. Complete P2P with no middleman using your data against you.

Synereo is making a decentralised web. I am just wrapping my head around what it means now. All we have come to know if a web where all our info is used against us, and the corporations taking the majority of profits. P2P= more effecient and the global markets always move towards efficiency and profitability.
Delawer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:12:04 AM

I would say to the people not to worry and trust in the team. There were too many events and it is very difficult that all goes perfect. When some errors arise it is possible to learn and probably is not that easy to launch a decentralized node and social platform that works at once for the people. I was yesterday in a car's presentation and one's handbrake just didnt work... is a bit a shame, but it does not mean it cant be improved or solved. The efforts dont stop, trust a bit and have patience. One's Synereo flag is the Reo, and is also present in people; is not all about the amps.
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:39:15 PM

That that we have always been, and still are, committed NOT to profit from the social network itself. We believe basic social organization and communication should not be attached to any profit motivation. This will always be the case, regardless of whether the entity supporting the development of the Synereo platform and its social layer is for- or non-profit.

Sounds great, fingers crossed.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:06:35 PM

loving the outlook of this coin.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
NOjust

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

good news, why price so dump?

Altty

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:08:27 PM

I think many have sold AMP here to buy in official sale.
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:16:27 PM

that doesn't make sense... even with the bonus, still cheaper at today's price. i dont know why, but the market didnt received well this alpha presentation.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:05:25 PM

Hi,

Do you have an online wallet  to store my synereo and if not where is the link to install my windows wallet?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
alexjonescrypto

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:13:06 PM

Hi,

Do you have an online wallet  to store my synereo and if not where is the link to install my windows wallet?

AMP is an OMNI asset. You can download a wallet here http://www.omnilayer.org/
loveofmylife

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:16:05 PM

that doesn't make sense... even with the bonus, still cheaper at today's price. i dont know why, but the market didnt received well this alpha presentation.

In my view it's over for Synereo. There is no believe anymore in this coin

Yep, anyone who believes this coin must be a faggot, they will definitely have morw ico, and dumo their 1.5 billion shit to everyone.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:18:19 PM

Distribution was misleadingly 'rigged' to a degree yes but Steemit's fundamental problem is that it is not economically viable at all. They have no business model. They are diluting Steem holders at like 0.2% a day to fund content creators.

So they are attracting users by diluting speculators and hoping those user numbers will consistently attract more speculators... But without a plan/model for monetising/generating income from users it's just a ponzi that will/is declining as the speculators dry up.

(Even looking at Redditesque sites that do have revenue, paying users for content is not feasible and Reddit in particular is still in the red, costs more to run than they earn, without paying for content.)

The Synereo model is slightly more plausible, directing advertising revenue to FB type users means users could get up to circa $50 per annum sustainably. However given the way they conducted their most recent funding round, my expectations for this project and the people involved are much lower too.
CryptoBillboard

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:34:18 PM

Distribution was misleadingly 'rigged' to a degree yes but Steemit's fundamental problem is that it is not economically viable at all. They have no business model. They are diluting Steem holders at like 0.2% a day to fund content creators.

So they are attracting users by diluting speculators and hoping those user numbers will consistently attract more speculators... But without a plan/model for monetising/generating income from users it's just a ponzi that will/is declining as the speculators dry up.

(Even looking at Redditesque sites that do have revenue, paying users for content is not feasible and Reddit in particular is still in the red, costs more to run than they earn, without paying for content.)

The Synereo model is slightly more plausible, directing advertising revenue to FB type users means users could get up to circa $50 per annum sustainably. However given the way they conducted their most recent funding round, my expectations for this project and the people involved are much lower too.

You are right that Synereo needs to address the distribution issues. This is clear, I would say the sooner the better. I am like many who want to invest but cannot if this is not addressed now.

I do hold the team in high regard. I think they are bright and have the right intentions. Also think if they were not doing this second funding now the project would die. How could it last with a pathetic 120k in funding from original ICO. I actually think this is smart to do.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:45:27 PM

You are right that Synereo needs to address the distribution issues. This is clear, I would say the sooner the better. I am like many who want to invest but cannot if this is not addressed now.

I do hold the team in high regard. I think they are bright and have the right intentions. Also think if they were not doing this second funding now the project would die. How could it last with a pathetic 120k in funding from original ICO. I actually think this is smart to do.

Yeah the second funding round was needed, but exactly as I predicted on the date they announced it...

While the decision to time an additional fund-raising round with a major release was the correct one, price-fixing it was not. These periods are traditionally very speculative and volatile & hence attract large volumes from traders and speculators.

By price-fixing such a large quantity of AMP over the entire Alpha release period they have removed the volatility and profit motive which attracts so many new speculators and investors around major release times.

In practical terms you will see what were million dollar and rising daily AMP volumes dramatically shrink, (even when including off-exchange sales) and with it the demand for their second round AMP.

So it's a strategy that will likely end in them being able to sell only a fraction of the AMP they would have otherwise been able too and at a much lower price than the market may have paid. In fact speculative 'Alpha release' capital already invested in AMP may exit too, thus decreasing the current price. (Again ironically they would probably come to the incorrect conclusion they they price fixed too high in this case and not realise it was the act of price-fixing which caused it.)

So as you've seen, volumes two weeks before Alpha were hitting $1.5 million plus daily and rising. As predicted they shrunk dramatically, to less than 13% of that today  (when they should have been exploding due to Alpha release and speculation) the result is they have sold a lot less AMP & for a lot less than they could have had they not price fixed. AMP is now and longer term a much smaller, less liquid & lower value market than it otherwise would have been, as a direct result of their funding approach.
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 06:09:19 PM

Hi,

AMP is an OMNI asset. You can download a wallet here http://www.omnilayer.org/

Using a bitcoin blockchain asset for fund raising before a blockchain was a genius move! Synereo starts with all the assets and there's no dilution for securing the blockchain.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: