Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool  (Read 146937 times)
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:00:49 PM

I see a problem with PR1.42
If i set Restart after an idle time, then the miner keeps on restarting only.
The only way to mine is make restarting to 0 or disabled.
Win 7, 64 bit.
Any other face same problem with PR 1.42 ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zale

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:14:54 PM

Am I blind? I can't find the source code anywhere.
smackdaddy

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:13:32 AM

Great little app.

You know what would make it even better? If it also bound to a network port, providing a simple http-based interface, enabling people to remotely connect and determine miner status, statistics, change pools, etc.
lvlrdka22 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:06:52 AM

running into a problem on one of my machines. when mining on more than one gpu i get really erratic gpu usage jumping around from 70% to 99%. Only with PR, I run the regular phoenix miner with no problems.
One way is to make sure that the launch parameters in pr.log matches the arguments in your batch file.

I am mining at deepbit. What do i have to imput @server then? pit.deepbit.net?

And i want to use this settings. VECTORS BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false AGGRESSION=12 -k phatk WORKSIZE=256

So i have to uncheck fastloop, check hd5xxx, check phatk, write 12@agression and write "VECTORS WORKSIZE=256" at the extra flags?
Not sure on the server name for deepbit, but rest look fine.

I see a problem with PR1.42
If i set Restart after an idle time, then the miner keeps on restarting only.
The only way to mine is make restarting to 0 or disabled.
Win 7, 64 bit.
Any other face same problem with PR 1.42 ?

It could be that the client is getting hammered with idles, or if server connection is a little erratic (e.g. flaky internet, DDoS, server bandwidth almost saturated, etc.). Those are the only cases that could cause it to keep restarting.

Am I blind? I can't find the source code anywhere.
Hm, there are only 3 types of files included, .exe, .au3, and .png. Take a rough guess Wink.

Bleh, having a tough time figuring out the ADL DLL. This will probably take a while.

AOCLBF 1.75: POCLBM/Phoenix GUI (Build-In OC Tool).
Barely Clocked: Clock Speed/Voltage/Fan Speed Tweaking.

If I helped, I helped!

http://bit.ly/iWgHPC
FRanz33

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 03:34:59 AM

Hey your doing great man. How about making vectors a check box instead of in the extra argument section. hell same for aggression and work size. they could be drop boxes like the affinity box maybe? what do you think PR 1.5??
karuso

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:24:17 AM

Hey your doing great man. How about making vectors a check box instead of in the extra argument section. hell same for aggression and work size. they could be drop boxes like the affinity box maybe? what do you think PR 1.5??

Word.

And you should also be able to select the miner you're at like in the guiminer.
bullox

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 08:10:05 PM

Is there some sort of setting to NOT print out these client stats on top of everything else?  I really like the easy config and backups and whatnot, but having the client spam on top of everything is not what I want.
patica

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:48:33 PM

PR works fine with one client & one video-card. But I have some pc's with 2-3 vga's and when I start PR on them, after 2-3 hours I have a freeze. Settings are:

client #1 - primary pool 1, backup pool 2
client #2 - primary pool 2, backup pool 1

client #1 - primary pool 1, backup pool 2
client #2 - primary pool 2, backup pool 3
client #3 - primary pool 3, backup pool 1

HD5xxx ON, fastloop Off, phatk ON, AGG 13, VECTORS WORKSIZE=128, affinity - core 0
HD5850, 900/300 MHz, Win 7 64 bit, Driver 11.4 + OCL 2.4

With these settings all of cards have no problem to work with phoenix+phatk in cmd. But PR freeze even on 850/300 MHz.

And last - can you put button "Start minimized" under "Startup" button?
... and password invisible with ******* Smiley
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:52:08 AM

can u make the color of the temperature showing in device finder from grey to RED or GREEN or BLUE.
Grey is very hard to see.
I opened devicefinder.au3 with notepad, but don't know how to change from grey to any color i want.
can u please tell or change file yourself.
It will be much appreciated.
vborets

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:09:39 AM

Hi!

Good job, and could you add a button to exchange places settings the primary and backup servers?

not convenient to keep changing .INI files

Thank you!
5tr1k3r

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:16:59 AM

Wow, what a great tool! Thank you!

Two things:
— There are some moments when OSD is constantly blinking almost every second (no matter is click-through on or off), which is kinda annoying. Didn't figure out what causes this. Windows 7, aero disabled.
— I'm sure you know that device finder doesn't really show the correct device numbers Smiley

And minor things:
— It would be good if password was stored like this: "*************".
— Maybe would be also good to let the user to hide OSD when he needs to. Like, some checkbox "show OSD" or something.
— Desktop lag is more significant compared to the usual phoenix with the same settings.
5tr1k3r

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:34:37 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 05:55:50 PM by 5tr1k3r

Oh, and some more: is it possible not to switch focus to the new phoenix window? I mean, can it be done without losing focus to the application I'm currently in? Sorry for weird words, don't know how to correctly say that.
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:44:02 AM

I think I've discovered the reason why Phoenix Rising has started to put out such low hashrates compared to before. Checking the PR.log file the default argument is now missing the VECTOR flag.

Manually adding VECTOR into the "other flag" field brought hashrate back up to its original levels. If you could have it automatically add that flag in the next version that'd be great. Or a check box?
5tr1k3r

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:21:41 PM

I think I've discovered the reason why Phoenix Rising has started to put out such low hashrates compared to before. Checking the PR.log file the default argument is now missing the VECTOR flag.

Manually adding VECTOR into the "other flag" field brought hashrate back up to its original levels. If you could have it automatically add that flag in the next version that'd be great. Or a check box?
I think he actually told about it a couple of times Smiley
Checkbox's good. Autovectors - not good, I think, because I would want to set all flags by myself.
5tr1k3r

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:28:27 PM

Sorry for almost-quadruple-posting, but this is really important.
How long does it take to switch to the backup pool? I can't figure it out myself.
Considering some pools are experiencing ddos nowadays (especially deepbit), it becomes crucial to switch to another, backup pool at the right time.
Once I noticed that switching happened after one minute of idling. But now it takes much longer for some reason.
I would really appreciate if you, lvlrdka22, let users change this amount of time in settings.
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:55:38 PM

Wow, what a great tool! Thank you!

Two things:
— There are some moments when OSD is constantly blinking almost every second (no matter is click-through on or off), which is kinda annoying. Didn't figure out what causes this. Windows 7, aero disabled.
— I'm sure you know that device finder doesn't really show the correct device numbers Smiley

And minor things:
— It would be good if password was stored like this: "*************".
— Maybe would be also good to let the user to hide OSD when he needs to. Like, some checkbox "show OSD" or something.
— Desktop lag is more significant compared to the usual phoenix with the same settings.
The blinking part is when its redrawing the text. It might be hardware acceleration-prone, not sure. I can turn down the refresh rates a bit so the blinking isn't as severe.
I'll get around to those eventually, still messing with ADL Undecided.

Or, and some more: is it possible not to switch focus to the new phoenix window? I mean, can it be done without losing focus to the application I'm currently in? Sorry for weird words, don't know how to correctly say that.
Yeah, it's not as seamless as I liked, even when launching phoenix without the cmd window ever showing. I can set it to retrieve last-active application, and reactivate that after launching though.

Sorry for almost-quadruple-posting, but this is really important.
How long does it take to switch to the backup pool? I can't figure it out myself.
Considering some pools are experiencing ddos nowadays (especially deepbit), it becomes crucial to switch to another, backup pool at the right time.
Once I noticed that switching happened after one minute of idling. But now it takes much longer for some reason.
I would really appreciate if you, lvlrdka22, let users change this amount of time in settings.
If miner idles (hashrate~0 or phoenix hasn't sent out text updates, which it does every time it refreshes hashrate/accepted/rejected, etc.) more than the set time and not responsive to pings.
I'll eventually add an option to use x accepted shares in y minutes, unless someone has better ideas.

I did finally figure out how to initialize ADL (finally!).

If I helped, I helped!

5tr1k3r

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:07:22 PM

The blinking part is when its redrawing the text. It might be hardware acceleration-prone, not sure. I can turn down the refresh rates a bit so the blinking isn't as severe.
Maybe it would be a nice idea to redraw the text when it actually needs to be redrawn (right now it redraws even without any needs)? When some stats have actually changed — accepted/rejected shares counter has increased or mhash/s performance has changed (with the given accuracy, like, 300 became 299 or so).

If miner idles (hashrate~0 or phoenix hasn't sent out text updates, which it does every time it refreshes hashrate/accepted/rejected, etc.) more than the set time and not responsive to pings.
I'll eventually add an option to use x accepted shares in y minutes, unless someone has better ideas.
I guess that the problem is this: a pool is responsive to pings, but however (for any reason) it cannot offer you any mining work, so miner is idle. And your program decides to keep trying to mine here and not making an attempt to switch pools. Am I right on this? Smiley

I did finally figure out how to initialize ADL (finally!).
Well, that's truly great Smiley
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:22:56 PM

Maybe it would be a nice idea to redraw the text when it actually needs to be redrawn (right now it redraws even without any needs)? When some stats have actually changed — accepted/rejected shares counter has increased or mhash/s performance has changed (with the given accuracy, like, 300 became 299 or so).
Yeah, I'll need to make another global constant then Lips sealed, which I really don't want to do. I'll just make it refresh every half/one second or something.

I guess that the problem is this: a pool is responsive to pings, but however (for any reason) it cannot offer you any mining work, so miner is idle. And your program decides to keep trying to mine here and not making an attempt to switch pools. Am I right on this? Smiley
Yeah, still can't figure out a better way of checking if pool is down or not. So, it's either ping or checking for share acceptance rate, unless someone comes up with a better idea, preferable one that doesn't need separate implementations for different pools.

If I helped, I helped!

smackdaddy

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:20:52 PM

Yeah, still can't figure out a better way of checking if pool is down or not. So, it's either ping or checking for share acceptance rate, unless someone comes up with a better idea, preferable one that doesn't need separate implementations for different pools.

I vote share acceptance rate, after all that's the true measure of the value of the mining process.

So, if it's share acceptance rate and not network reachability, how do you decide when to switch back to the primary pool? Perhaps in that scenario of handling failover, you would be able to set a time until the primary is tried again (similar to the current setting), and a configurable period of time during which the primary must accept a share or it goes back to the secondary.

You know what I'd really really love more than anything else for this program? A simple button to force a client to switch from primary to backup or backup to primary. Right now, I do it by swapping ini files.

The other thing I would love would be if the program remembered where your OSDs live. Having to reposition them every time is frustrating.
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:00:39 AM

I vote share acceptance rate, after all that's the true measure of the value of the mining process.

So, if it's share acceptance rate and not network reachability, how do you decide when to switch back to the primary pool? Perhaps in that scenario of handling failover, you would be able to set a time until the primary is tried again (similar to the current setting), and a configurable period of time during which the primary must accept a share or it goes back to the secondary.

You know what I'd really really love more than anything else for this program? A simple button to force a client to switch from primary to backup or backup to primary. Right now, I do it by swapping ini files.

The other thing I would love would be if the program remembered where your OSDs live. Having to reposition them every time is frustrating.
Share acceptance rate probably will take longer to be able to determine if pool is up or not though, since you'll need to go on primary pool for a few minutes at least to determine if shares are accepted or not.
If you guys are fine with that, then sure. The side effect is that it wouldn't be feasible to have it check if primary is up say every 5 minutes anymore.

I suppose that it's time I upload 1.43, where I fixed some stuff (forgot what, but I did fix them Cool) and made Save Settings button save current position of OSDs.

Also, fun stuff Cheesy:

Oh, pretty much have everything in the ADL DLL figured out, finally. I should be able to throw together a very rough GPU clock tool soon.

If I helped, I helped!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: