Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool  (Read 146937 times)
huayra.agera

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:46:19 AM

Just wanted to report the Temps are now reporting properly for multi-card config.
Maybe you can make PR save the OC and fan settings and only apply when we hit Run. Oh btw, a Single RUN button to run specified clients (checklist maybe) would be great, like a main page or something. Thanks a bunch for the work.  Smiley

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:23:30 PM

Man this has come a long way.. the jump from 1.45 to 1.62 is amazing.

So here comes a potential problem and fix :

I've noticed that closing PR 6.2 does not revert the clock settings till a restart, for a headless miner this is fantastic, since many other utilities screw up the fan settings if a monitor is disconnected/resolution changed, I have a fe windows-boxes that this util works excellently for..

Though for a gamer this is terrible, since they may forget to revert the settings and could potentially cause a hard freeze by running an intensive game. I have noticed that certain extreme overclocks work fine for mining, but I nearly burnt a card (required a bios flash) from my carelessness by forgetting to reset the clocks to default values.

So maybe adding an option to retain settings or revert them on close would be nice.

I currently have to record my preferred values manually, then re-enter them every time I launch PR.

Again, thanks so much for the work you have done, the work you coders do for all of us is fantastic, I have all four of my boxes aimed at Eligius 24/7 as gratitude.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:04:38 PM

Just wanted to report the Temps are now reporting properly for multi-card config.
Maybe you can make PR save the OC and fan settings and only apply when we hit Run. Oh btw, a Single RUN button to run specified clients (checklist maybe) would be great, like a main page or something. Thanks a bunch for the work.  Smiley
Yeah, I'm thinking about saving OC settings.

Man this has come a long way.. the jump from 1.45 to 1.62 is amazing.

So here comes a potential problem and fix :

I've noticed that closing PR 6.2 does not revert the clock settings till a restart, for a headless miner this is fantastic, since many other utilities screw up the fan settings if a monitor is disconnected/resolution changed, I have a fe windows-boxes that this util works excellently for..

Though for a gamer this is terrible, since they may forget to revert the settings and could potentially cause a hard freeze by running an intensive game. I have noticed that certain extreme overclocks work fine for mining, but I nearly burnt a card (required a bios flash) from my carelessness by forgetting to reset the clocks to default values.

So maybe adding an option to retain settings or revert them on close would be nice.

I currently have to record my preferred values manually, then re-enter them every time I launch PR.

Again, thanks so much for the work you have done, the work you coders do for all of us is fantastic, I have all four of my boxes aimed at Eligius 24/7 as gratitude.
I think I added the "Default" button for 1.62, which reverts everything to BIOS settings, including clocks and voltage in idle mode. Fan doesn't reset though, and it won't be unless some other program assigns a new fan profile.

AOCLBF 1.75: POCLBM/Phoenix GUI (Build-In OC Tool).
Barely Clocked: Clock Speed/Voltage/Fan Speed Tweaking.

If I helped, I helped!

http://bit.ly/iWgHPC
LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:29:31 PM

I think I added the "Default" button for 1.62, which reverts everything to BIOS settings, including clocks and voltage in idle mode. Fan doesn't reset though, and it won't be unless some other program assigns a new fan profile.

You did, though then you still must remember to hit that, then manually re-enter your settings every time you re-open the app after resetting to defaults.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
Endeavour79

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 10:53:49 PM

Hi, maybe a silly question.. But how do I move or predefine the OSD position? I don't see anything when using alt+tab or task manager..
Win7 x64

Cheers
End

NSW, Australia - Rigs, Mining, Pools - Local help needed? Send me a message!
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:29:45 AM

Hi, maybe a silly question.. But how do I move or predefine the OSD position? I don't see anything when using alt+tab or task manager..
Win7 x64

Cheers
End
Click+drag. With Aero on, clicking anywhere on the OSD works (I think), but without Aero, you must click on the text.

If I helped, I helped!

c_k
Donator

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:57:09 AM

Running 1.7b and loving it Smiley

Can we get an option to run minimised upon opening?

I have a shortcut to the app in my startup folder.

Infact, an option for running at startup in the app would be good too Cheesy

Cheers!

FRanz33

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:42:58 AM

Does running the shortcut as minimized work for you? because it doesnt for me. just starts up open anyways  Cry
Departure

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:33:20 AM

Yeah an auto start mining option at startup would be awsome for headless boxes
huayra.agera

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:30:06 AM

Hi! I checked this thread : http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19169.new#new
It seems it is very stable and there is no loss in performance. Maybe you can integrate? How I really wish I have some coding skills.  Grin

Kuber

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:04:39 PM

Hi! I checked this thread : http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19169.new#new
It seems it is very stable and there is no loss in performance. Maybe you can integrate? How I really wish I have some coding skills.  Grin

Second that, would be awesome!
5tr1k3r

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:34:14 PM

I thought phoenix developers fixed this freezing bug recently. Didn't they?
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:42:37 PM

1.7c. Added POCLBM parsing. Let me know if anything is broken, as per usual.
Renamed the thing.

If I helped, I helped!

huayra.agera

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:12:49 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2011, 07:23:31 PM by huayra.agera

Now that was very quick! Downloading and testing right away. Cheesy

Update: the poclbm with phatk fork from fpgaminer is working properly with your frontend.  Grin

Is the OC now being saved? Great work!

c_k
Donator

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:17:47 PM

Excellent work with integrating support for poclbm client with phatk kernel, many thanks!  Grin

Kuber

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:16:15 PM

Getting problems, won't run poclbm. Won't start any miner - strange.
Just downloaded 1.7c, put poclbm files in same directory and run aoclbf 1.7c.exe.
Text fields as usual.. but when I hit "Start" nothing happens, neither with or without flags. GUIminer poclbm runs without problems..

Maybe I'm just to tired at the moment, but am I doing anything wrong?

Update:
Oh, well, now i got this : Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
Even if i delete the *.ini, either it does nothing or it crashes.
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:45:30 PM

Since nobody complained about temperature monitor thing.

1.7. Saves clock settings and can apply them on startup.

Hm, check the log file or try a fresh copy of it?

If I helped, I helped!

Kuber

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 10:33:02 PM

Hm, check the log file or try a fresh copy of it?

Attempt Nr.2:

Downloaded poclbm here -> http://github.com/downloads/m0mchil/poclbm/poclbm_py2exe_20110428.7z
Downloaded aoclbf 1.7

Put aoclbf files in poclbm dir.
Run aoclbf 1.7.exe
1 client, login, server settings - nothing else.
Choose GPU0 worksize 128 (testing with 5770)

--> Run

http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/tjwcl7kk/errorJPG.JPG

Sad
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:08:51 PM

1.71. Really added POCLBM parsing this time. Didn't know it had different output from Luke-Jr's (and the one with phatk) version.

If I helped, I helped!

5tr1k3r

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:41:11 PM

Here goes feedback:

If the link between OpenCL GPU list and OS Index is correct (if setting an OpenCL Device automatically selects the corresponding GPU correctly)
Yes, it works fine, GPU is correctly selected. Though it might be difficult for somebody to remember core codenames.

If ADL detects the same number of GPUs as OpenCL (if the OpenCL Device list has same number of GPUs as number of tabs for controlling GPU clocks).
Everything's good here too, same amount of tabs. If you're interested, adapter and OS indexes are the same for each card.

I made an insight on temperatures monitoring and found out something.
I have 5770 and 5850. According to GPU-Z (and some other sources), there are three temp sensors in each card. My sensors values for 5770: 71, 83 and 77. For 5850: 76, 82, 81.
Your monitoring seems to show values of the first sensors, which detect the temperature of a display controller. And these are the lowest values of all three.
MSI Afterburner has one general graph for each graphic card, they are called simply GPU1 temp and GPU2 temp. GPU-Z also has additional GPU temp graph for general GPU temp monitoring. I was surprised to know that both programs use different sensors to show general graphic card temperatures. It's the second sensor for 5770 and the first sensor for 5850. So temps they are showing are 83 and 76 respectively.
Anyway, last paragraph was kinda offtopic. I was just trying to elaborate what sensors are best to use. I propose second ones, they are showing the highest temperatures of the graphic cards. I could finally throw away that afterburner temps from my tray.

About drop-down menu after "Pause mining when GPU ..." — I happen to have three options for this: 0, second 0 and 3. Though I have two cards o,o

About clocks tab: I didn't quite get why do I have to click "Clock speed" every time I want to apply changes Smiley Same for "Fan speed". What about "Save settings" concept?

I think, "BFI_INT" would be more informative and appropriate than "HD5xxx+".

Huh, looks like I'm done for now Cheesy Thanks for impressive work.

Update: oh, sorry, forgot to tell the version, it's 1.7c.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: