Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool  (Read 146944 times)
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 05:11:57 PM

I see a problem with version 1.74.
Adding new client causes all other old clients to loose HD5xxx, Fastloop, phatk, Aggression settings.
Even checking the check boxes again & save setting has no use.
Only way to solve is to edit the aoclbf.ini file manually & change 0 to 1.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OldChap

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:52:52 AM

Would one of you guys, that has this running properly, be kind enough to post a screenshot of the filestructure. That is to say one that shows which files should be in the same place as this .exe file.

I seem to be able to run this but it does not engage the card so maybe I am missing some file or it is in the wrong place.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:10:26 PM

Would one of you guys, that has this running properly, be kind enough to post a screenshot of the filestructure. That is to say one that shows which files should be in the same place as this .exe file.

I seem to be able to run this but it does not engage the card so maybe I am missing some file or it is in the wrong place.
Download phoenix 1.50 from phoenix page. Extract it to a folder. It will have phoenix.exe, phoenix.ini & kernel folder.
just copy the aoclbfxxx.exe, aoclbfxxx.au3, foreman.ico.
you can able to run aoclbf, then give mining details. It will create aoclbf.ini, aoclbf.log, clocks.ini...
screenshot

EDIT:
Since you said its not engage the card, you may have not installed OpenCL properly.
google GPU caps viewer. It will tell clearly whether you have installed OpenCL or not.
OldChap

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:24:15 PM

Currently running on guiminer so I assumed that open CL would be good.Huh I will double check my folder now and compare to yours.

Thanks for the help
huayra.agera

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:23:47 PM

There is a new version of poclbm and they implemented a new syntax, I hope you can update aoclbf with their syntax since I've tried your foreman app with the new poclbm and it's not working. Thanks!

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy
OldChap

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 12:49:58 AM

Ok tried a fresh install on a different machine and even though some of the files you have (as above) are missing in mine, I now have one rig with one card up.

Somehow I expected the OSD to be bottom right...but top left works too. I will try out the extended features tomorrow.

Again dishwara, thanks for the help.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:45:13 AM

Ok tried a fresh install on a different machine and even though some of the files you have (as above) are missing in mine, I now have one rig with one card up.

Somehow I expected the OSD to be bottom right...but top left works too. I will try out the extended features tomorrow.

Again dishwara, thanks for the help.
Just drag the OSD to bottom right & after u dragged click save settings.
If that fails, exit aoclbf & edit aoclbf.ini manually.
Add this line to last, after

device=1. Cypress
extraflags=
gpus=0
mintemp=
maxtemp=

Code:
[OSD1]
osdx=1426
osdy=678

x & y are pixels. Select depending on your monitor pixels. I have 1600*900 as resolution.
Rino

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:19:28 AM

aoclbf guesses device numbers wrong on my system so ... reporting it.
i have #0 cpu and #1-3 gpus, aoclbf guesses gpus at #0-2
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:51:23 PM

Apparently one of the people who was testing my MtGox trading thing accused me of including a keylogger, so I won't be adding/releasing it.
There is a new version of poclbm and they implemented a new syntax, I hope you can update aoclbf with their syntax since I've tried your foreman app with the new poclbm and it's not working. Thanks!

Bleh fine.
aoclbf guesses device numbers wrong on my system so ... reporting it.
i have #0 cpu and #1-3 gpus, aoclbf guesses gpus at #0-2

OpenCL has an option to read GPU list only, which is what it does.

AOCLBF 1.75: POCLBM/Phoenix GUI (Build-In OC Tool).
Barely Clocked: Clock Speed/Voltage/Fan Speed Tweaking.

If I helped, I helped!

http://bit.ly/iWgHPC
BrianH

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:15:05 PM

Adding new client causes all other old clients to loose HD5xxx, Fastloop, phatk, Aggression settings.
Same problem.

All kinds of issues with mine.

-Using two 6950s, HD5xxx+, Fastloop, phatk and aggression settings are greyed out.
-Run/Stop is greyed out on the first client.
-Clicking run on the second does nothing, but causes a massive memory leak and the client is unable to close.

In short, I have never been able to get it working, so I am not sure what normal operation looks like. Is there any way to see how many Mhash/s each card is producing?

lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:13:10 PM

@lvlrdka22
I like the preview, not too interested in the trade thing personally, but OSD at the bottom looks a lot better than current one, Personally I would still prefer it in a summary tab and a total hash rate output would be great also. Also it would be nice to squeeze in an option for update time this does infact reduce MH/s when you are calling the function which gets temps ect.. so having an option to set how often it updates would come in useful. Great job keep up the excellent work.
Eh, that's what it looks like when color depth is set to 16 bit (an old game I play requires that).

i'm using TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.5.4 to get the data from the three sensors of each card.

As AOCLBF seems to get the correct data for my hd5850, it seems my 5770 temperature data is somehow displayed wrong by AOCLBF (man, a rename would be awsome as well Wink)

any idea, why this is happening?

It reads the first temperature (which is what GPU-z says is the core temperature, at least for my 5850s). Been too lazy to add the option to choose other temperature sensors.

Same problem.

All kinds of issues with mine.

-Using two 6950s, HD5xxx+, Fastloop, phatk and aggression settings are greyed out.
-Run/Stop is greyed out on the first client.
-Clicking run on the second does nothing, but causes a massive memory leak and the client is unable to close.

In short, I have never been able to get it working, so I am not sure what normal operation looks like. Is there any way to see how many Mhash/s each card is producing?
Not sure what happened, but apparently these things got lost when I added POCLBM parsing, for absolutely no reason at all (that I can see).

AOCLBF 1.75: POCLBM/Phoenix GUI (Build-In OC Tool).
Barely Clocked: Clock Speed/Voltage/Fan Speed Tweaking.

If I helped, I helped!

http://bit.ly/iWgHPC
pandemic

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:26:30 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2011, 04:10:00 PM by pandemic

Well, this was working really well with CCC 11.7. I had my 5830 overclocked to 955.

I'm trying to resolve the CPU issue with CCC 11.6 so I uninstalled the drivers and loaded CCC 11.2.

For some reason now I'm having two issues.

1). In AOCLBF, when I overclock past 900mhz, I get "error setting clocks! Probably BIOS limit reached.
2). Even with the current default clocks, I press 'run' and it just idles at 0 mh/s

It appears that with 11.7, you can overclock a card higher in AOCLBF. I reinstalled 11.7 and now I can clock back at 955mhz.

still idle though, not sure what can be causing that.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:16:02 PM

Well, this was working really well with CCC 11.7. I had my 5830 overclocked to 955.

I'm trying to resolve the CPU issue with CCC 11.6 so I uninstalled the drivers and loaded CCC 11.2.

1). In AOCLBF, when I overclock past 900mhz, I get "error setting clocks! Probably BIOS limit reached.
2). Even with the current default clocks, I press 'run' and it just idles at 0 mh/s

It appears that with 11.7, you can overclock a card higher in AOCLBF. I reinstalled 11.7 and now I can clock back at 955mhz.

give aggression 12 or something instead of "Aggression"
pandemic

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:22:43 PM

give aggression 12 or something instead of "Aggression"

core: 955mhz
mem:300mhz
VDDC:1163 (stock)
Fan: 85%
Temp: 58-62c
Vectors, HD5xxx+, fastloop, phatk, agression=12, worksize=512

AOCLBF 1.75 with phoenix 1.50
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:16:29 PM

Since you installed 11.7, then 11.2 then again 11.7, some files may be corrupted, particularly OpenCL. Check out opencl is installed by using GPU caps viewer.
If it says & still you cant mine with directly using phoenix or poclbm or diablo miner, then better uninstall ati drivers fully, ONLY AFTER THAT, use driver sweeper to completely remove all the AMD by analyse & clean. You can do it in safe mode, so that it removes all drivers.
Then install again.
Also before doing that all, u can re install, AMD APP only, some times that too solves problem.

I have, in one HDD, after all the above steps still i cant mine. Only way seems for me is format.
I used 11.6 & 11.7 .
pandemic

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 06:48:39 PM

Since you installed 11.7, then 11.2 then again 11.7, some files may be corrupted, particularly OpenCL. Check out opencl is installed by using GPU caps viewer.
If it says & still you cant mine with directly using phoenix or poclbm or diablo miner, then better uninstall ati drivers fully, ONLY AFTER THAT, use driver sweeper to completely remove all the AMD by analyse & clean. You can do it in safe mode, so that it removes all drivers.
Then install again.
Also before doing that all, u can re install, AMD APP only, some times that too solves problem.

I have, in one HDD, after all the above steps still i cant mine. Only way seems for me is format.
I used 11.6 & 11.7 .

Seems like that's exactly the issue. I just uninstalled and reinstalled 11.4. It works but the CPU is still huge and I can't overclock to 955mhz. Tried 11.2 earlier and it crashed. So it's looking like I'm going to uninstall and then go back to 11.7. Hopefully they resolve that CPU issue in the master release
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 12:31:08 PM

This is a really annoying UI. The text fields actually get sent as parameters if you don't click on them. Really?
hennessy

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 12:47:06 PM

This is a really annoying UI. The text fields actually get sent as parameters if you don't click on them. Really?

Appreciate the work and time the developer has put into this software. Don't forget that he offers it for free. If you want to criticize, do it constructively...
um0rion

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 09:26:49 PM

Ive got a feature request that I think would be pretty nice. Every now and then a site gets DDoS'd. If that site is your startup miner, it'll look for it, then wait the alotted time and retries, then switch the backup. A lot of times a site could be down for days. I have 1 popular pool (More likely to get DDoS'd, and a smaller pool as backup.

Would it be possible to: have a button to switch primary/backup pools on every miner, OR, have checkboxes to designate which of two pools to use as startup/backup? They're there now to say "do this on startup" and "use a backup pool" but maybe just use a simple check for the startup, and let the unchecked pool be the backup server by default? If you havent specified a backup pool and the main one goes down, you arent going to be mining anything, so if a pool goes down and searches for a null pool, the effect will be the same. Just my thoughts.

My main issue with this is that I have a windows system with 4x cards, and a pool like bitcoins.lc assigns worker names and passwords that are random. Clearing all the fields then re-entering them in the backup slot is time consuming, and if I ever want it the other way around, Ive got to spend another 10 minutes to swap them back.

OH ALSO: There seems to be a new and improved phatk kernel, can we get this implemented?
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=25860.0
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 09:41:31 AM

Appreciate the work and time the developer has put into this software. Don't forget that he offers it for free. If you want to criticize, do it constructively...
I did do it constructively, I said the text fields get sent as parameters which is not the correct functionality, the default values should be sent, not the text
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: