Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:43:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790357 times)
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:26:54 AM

@pokeytex how are things since the loss of your coins? hope all is faring better now

LOL - I have been reading these posts for some time and I have to say - they all make me laugh!  Keep up the good work and progress Georgem - pokeytex

I am slowly getting back on my feet.  I have been mining the hell out of Decred and VCash to try to get back some coins.  Also, I have hopped on and off the SPR chain to beef up my wallet a little bit.  Thank you for asking.

Your resilience and attitude in the face of that recent coin theft you suffered is truly impressive.
I like many other folks here wish you much luck with your comeback.
BTW Big decred fan here too..right behind Spreadcoin!

Thank you and to @rhinomonkey for the kind words.  I was on the fence about quitting and then I thought "that is not me".  I get back on the horse.  :-)

Abou Talha

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:31:45 AM

@pokeytex how are things since the loss of your coins? hope all is faring better now

LOL - I have been reading these posts for some time and I have to say - they all make me laugh!  Keep up the good work and progress Georgem - pokeytex

I am slowly getting back on my feet.  I have been mining the hell out of Decred and VCash to try to get back some coins.  Also, I have hopped on and off the SPR chain to beef up my wallet a little bit.  Thank you for asking.

Your resilience and attitude in the face of that recent coin theft you suffered is truly impressive.
I like many other folks here wish you much luck with your comeback.
BTW Big decred fan here too..right behind Spreadcoin!

Thank you and to @rhinomonkey for the kind words.  I was on the fence about quitting and then I thought "that is not me".  I get back on the horse.  :-)

Decred, Spread and Quatloo. Don't forget to mine some Quatloo : they are very cheap.
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:24:32 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 04:48:11 AM by rhinomonkey

I was thinking a little bit about some of the initial data analysis service nodes could do - perhaps prior to some of the grander ideas or later down the road as a fun-ish project - and I think it would be rather interesting to analyze bitcointalk traffic / posting patterns. Maybe even formulating a method for determining leading indicators to and or predicting price movement. It could be based on frequency of posts in a particular forum topic, keywords that have been posted, and even taking other more disparate data from different sources - such as recently published articles, twitter trends, etc. It could provide value to traders or people on bitcointalk looking for cool coins to follow.

I've been thinking about this all day.

I guess the USP that we will have is ServiceNodes hosting Bitcoin full nodes. Very few people will be able to get hold of that data or replicate it, even though its open source, so we can set the market rates for the data.

Anything else, anyone can do. So it becomes a race to the bottom in terms of fees you can charge. Someone would quickly do it for free - just because they can.

Looking back at my initial thought process, I didn't see it as much of a means of driving revenue. I saw it more as a means of getting the word out about Spreadcoin & our services. Building something for the crypto community, which will help with something everyone (I think to some degree at least) cares about - making money in this space. I imagined a sort of buzz and dialogue about different coins under a somewhat constant updating stream of data feeds - like the Poloniex troll box - except instead of being driven 100 percent by coin shillers, there is some degree of backing to the analyses (although maybe there could be a troll box under the data lol). Of course others could probably replicate it, but it could be a great way to get people to see that the data we are providing is useful and valuable. Even if it wasn't an initial project, it might just be something fun to do in the future to flex (and get some tinder dates?  Wink ).

Honestly, I didn't think much about how proprietary data drives the value of the resulting analytics. Though it makes complete sense. If we are able to build a strong network, find a way to obtain useful and valuable data from BTC and then produce a user-friendly portal to utilize/consume that data, we have essentially cornered the market, while being decentralized! If anyone attempts to copy the process, they would need to be able to produce a stronger & more valuable network - needing to incentivize people on the network to run a greater than or equal amount of (Bitcoin) nodes to the number Spreadcoin has. And who would initially join a smaller network if revenues aren't nearly as inviting? It seems to me, as you have probably alluded to before, that once this little snowball starts rolling, it will grow and grow, attracting more development, new ideas and a whole slew of other great things!  Cool

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:49:22 PM

I was thinking a little bit about some of the initial data analysis service nodes could do - perhaps prior to some of the grander ideas or later down the road as a fun-ish project - and I think it would be rather interesting to analyze bitcointalk traffic / posting patterns. Maybe even formulating a method for determining leading indicators to and or predicting price movement. It could be based on frequency of posts in a particular forum topic, keywords that have been posted, and even taking other more disparate data from different sources - such as recently published articles, twitter trends, etc. It could provide value to traders or people on bitcointalk looking for cool coins to follow.

I've been thinking about this all day.

I guess the USP that we will have is ServiceNodes hosting Bitcoin full nodes. Very few people will be able to get hold of that data or replicate it, even though its open source, so we can set the market rates for the data.

Anything else, anyone can do. So it becomes a race to the bottom in terms of fees you can charge. Someone would quickly do it for free - just because they can.

Looking back at my initial thought process, I didn't see it as much of a means of driving revenue. I saw it more as a means of getting the word out about Spreadcoin & our services. Building something for the crypto community, which will help with something everyone (I think to some degree at least) cares about - making money in this space. I imagined a sort of buzz and dialogue about different coins under a somewhat constant updating stream of data feeds - like the Poloniex troll box - except instead of being driven 100 percent by coin shillers, there is some degree of backing to the analyses (although maybe there could be a troll box under the data lol). Of course others could probably replicate it, but it could be a great way to get people to see that the data we are providing is useful and valuable. Even if it wasn't an initial project, it might just be something fun to do in the future to flex (and get some tinder dates?  Wink ).

Honestly, I didn't think much about how proprietary data drives the value of the resulting analytics. Though it makes complete sense. If we are able to build a strong network, find a way to obtain useful and valuable data from BTC and then produce a user-friendly portal to utilize/consume that data, we have essentially cornered the market, while being decentralized! If anyone attempts to copy the process, they would need to be able to produce a stronger & more valuable network - needing to incentivize people on the network to run a greater than or equal amount of (Bitcoin) nodes to the number Spreadcoin has. And who would initially join a smaller network if revenues aren't nearly as inviting? It seems to me, as you have probably alluded to before, that once this little snowball starts rolling, it will grow and grow, attracting more development, new ideas and a whole slew of other great things!  Cool

One of the things it should do is devalue the nodes of those that have lots of nodes on the network in order to track users for KYC purposes.

Their nodes will see less data and we'll either put them out of business or they'll need to invest more money in generating more nodes to overcome our nodes which will be more attractive to SPV users in particular because they'll be lots of them; they'll be faster if hosted properly; and they'll be where users are (we can use our own data to target regional growth).

Either way, they will need to compete with an army of ServiceNodes.

Don't forget people:

You are ServiceNodes.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:45:21 PM

A bit old, but a pretty stark example of data acquisition threatening privacy and a slew of other things...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/23andme-is-terrifying-but-not-for-the-reasons-the-fda-thinks/

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:40:10 AM

Still no update?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:50:26 AM

A bit old, but a pretty stark example of data acquisition threatening privacy and a slew of other things...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/23andme-is-terrifying-but-not-for-the-reasons-the-fda-thinks/

This is just as stark:

FBI hacks into terrorist’s iPhone without Apple

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/03/28/apple-justice-department-farook/82354040/

And the investment in quantum computers that can break encryption is also picking up pace.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:56:27 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 01:39:15 PM by coins101

Still no update?

Yeah, there is:  

I got a new leather sofa to go with my new projector over the weekend.  Watched the England match last night on my living room wall.  It was fantastic (well, not England losing because Holland had an extra man on their side).

Don't need a 'big' tv anymore. the 40inch TV now looks like a tablet sized monitor compared to the projector.

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:08:24 PM

This is just as stark:

FBI hacks into terrorist’s iPhone without Apple

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/03/28/apple-justice-department-farook/82354040/

And the investment in quantum computers that can break encryption is also picking up pace.

Has there been much speculation on how they actually did it? In most of the articles I've read they simply say "it is unclear how the FBI unlocked the phone at this time." There has to be some expert who has speculated on how they did it. It's not like a password breaking unicorn magically appeared and did it for them --- at least I don't think that's what happened lol.

I'm glad that they didn't have to go into a legal spat to get Apple to fuck up the OS and weaken security. Though, they have revealed they are willing to go that far, so hide yo kids, hide yo wife..... encrypt your stuff...

My respect for Tim Cook has increased after this ordeal.

Edit: Not sure what's more frightening, the DOJ's decision to bring the case against Apple, or the people who supported it.

MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:16:15 PM

"it is unclear how the FBI unlocked the phone at this time."

They were able to get help from an Israeli company to bypass the limitations of password retries. After that they put a password cracker on it and cycled through until they found the password. Nothing to do with encryption, just a bug in the login procedure. And apparently only an iPhone 5C running a version of iOS 9 software.

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:19:24 PM

Still no update?

Yeah, there is:  

I got a new leather sofa to go with my new projector over the weekend.  Watched the England match last night on my living room wall.  It was fantastic (well, not England losing because Holland had an extra man on their side).

Don't need a 'big' tv anymore. the 40inch TV now looks like a tablet sized monitor compared to the projector.

You forgot to mention Shadow Puppets... can't do that with a TV  Grin

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:40:50 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 04:57:03 PM by Bimmerhead

Spreadcoin sell side is pretty thin on bittrex. Anyone here looking to get out of more than20 BTC amount of SC?
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:12:50 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 08:37:29 PM by rhinomonkey

Spreadcoin sell side is pretty thin on bittrex. Anyone here looking to get out of more than20 BTC amount of SC?

Hey,

I don't know about everyone, but I think I speak for more than a few individuals when I say that we are waiting and hodling for the upcoming updates / releases. Best of luck finding a large seller, though.

Starting in late December until I think early / mid-February, someone was buying large portions of SPR per day. This is, of course, a viable buying strategy, but you will push the price up each time. And then you will have to wait for miners to put in sell orders. I think this is definitely preferable to having no SPR, and also preferable to putting up a buy wall or doing a 20 BTC market buy lol

Also, welcome! I don't remember seeing you here before   Smiley

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:36:08 PM

"it is unclear how the FBI unlocked the phone at this time."

They were able to get help from an Israeli company to bypass the limitations of password retries. After that they put a password cracker on it and cycled through until they found the password. Nothing to do with encryption, just a bug in the login procedure. And apparently only an iPhone 5C running a version of iOS 9 software.

Interesting. Sounds like it was easy enough for them to do. I wonder if that company keeps their methods secret or if the US Govt. knows how to effectively do this in the future now... Although, I'm sure Apple will patch that issue regardless.

dominuspro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 07:21:53 PM

I can sell You 10000SPR for 20BTC  Grin
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:44:06 PM

Hey,

I don't know about everyone, but I think I speak for more than a few individuals when I say that we are waiting and hodling for the upcoming updates / releases. Best of luck finding a large seller, though.

Starting in late December until I think early / mid-February, someone was buying large portions of SPR per day. This is, of course, a viable buying strategy, but you will push the price up each time. And then you will have to wait for miners to put in sell orders. I think this is definitely preferable to having no SPR, and also preferable to putting up a buy wall or doing a 20 BTC market buy lol

Disregard what I said. Looks like 207k is about to be put up soonish. Just got moved to trex

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:59:24 PM

Hey,

Disregard what I said. Looks like 207k is about to be put up soonish. Just got moved to trex

Looks like the deal got done.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:31:28 AM

Hey,

Looks like the deal got done.

Still waiting on the transaction.

I foresee a future for the seller akin to what happens in this clip lol.

Jumping from the Interceptor to the Dauntless (Spreadcoin to Bitcoin) only to see the Interceptor sail away  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-xImaQga30

njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:18:51 AM

Do you guys ever think SPR will be in the same league as ETH?
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1024

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:50:16 AM

Do you guys ever think SPR will be in the same league as ETH?

not without some proper changes that make people more interested to invest in it, there was a suggestion about implementing a decentralized exchange in this coin, you have a "decentralize everything coin" but still lack  some features that are centralized right now

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: