Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:37:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790357 times)
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 05:08:40 AM

Guys my VPS has gone down and it's going to be deleted. I don't really mind since servicenodes haven't come out yet.

I asked coins101 what he wanted to do with it but he hasn't responded.
I just got a "third and final warning" email.

hi mate ...

what is the vps used for? ...

do you need to save it - or the data / project contained it? ...

if so - let me know what and maybe we could work something out ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 01:07:06 PM

Guys my VPS has gone down and it's going to be deleted. I don't really mind since servicenodes haven't come out yet.

hi mate ...

#crysx
I really don't need to save it.
It is probably wiser to wait a while until servicenodes actually get released.

I may have used it as a server for a game my friends were playing, since it wasn't being used for anything else.. Smiley
crysx

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 03:45:55 PM

hi mate ...

#crysx

I may have used it as a server for a game my friends were playing, since it wasn't being used for anything else.. Smiley

well - let me know if you change your mind - as i have a few that can be used ...

i dont want to lose any of mine either - so i know what you may be tossing up with the vps ... but if its not important at all - its all good ...

i thought i would offer anyway ... we have all been around for a while now ... and help is only a short distance away if you need it ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 06:12:06 AM

hi mate ...

#crysx

well - let me know if you change your mind - as i have a few that can be used ...

i dont want to lose any of mine either - so i know what you may be tossing up with the vps ... but if its not important at all - its all good ...

i thought i would offer anyway ... we have all been around for a while now ... and help is only a short distance away if you need it ...

#crysx
Thanks crysx, hey did you make a new account or am I imagining things?
crysx

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 10:10:16 AM

hi mate ...

#crysx

#crysx
Thanks crysx, hey did you make a new account or am I imagining things?

i had to mate ...

i stuffed up the password for the chrysophylax account - then ended up getting banned from the forum because i couldnt remember the answer to the secret question ... being banned meant i had NO access to the forum ...

reported it to theymos ( as instructed ) then a few weeks later to every mod i could find ...

they are about as helpful as tits on a bull ... and about as responsive ... i have yet to hear from theymos or badbear - and have NO response at all from any other mod ... the admins i have heard from 'cant do anything' as theymos and badbear are the only two that CAN do anything at all regarding unbanning and unlocking accounts ... but do you think they have even responded in three months? ... not a chance! ... they dont give a damn about any of the issues ... even though my account was NOT hacked - it was an error on MY part ... but STILL nothing ...

no response - no interest - no resolve ...

so a new profile - and start all over again from newbie - even though i was on hero going on to legendary ...

hence why im starting our own public forum ...

the moderators here that are in power have no intention to do anything about it ...

i just contacted mprep a day ago - and see what he can do ... he seems to be the only moderator that is responding in ANY way ...

though i doubt he can do anything anyway ...

so does that answer your question Smiley ...

#crysx

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 10:16:47 AM

Quote from: crysx link=topic=1045373.msg14854818#msg14854818
i had to mate ...

i stuffed up the password for the chrysophylax account - then ended up getting banned from the forum because i couldnt remember the answer to the secret question ... being banned meant i had NO access to the forum ...

reported it to theymos ( as instructed ) then a few weeks later to every mod i could find ...

they are about as helpful as tits on a bull ... and about as responsive ... i have yet to hear from theymos or badbear - and have NO response at all from any other mod ... the admins i have heard from 'cant do anything' as theymos and badbear are the only two that CAN do anything at all regarding unbanning and unlocking accounts ... but do you think they have even responded in three months? ... not a chance! ... they dont give a damn about any of the issues ... even though my account was NOT hacked - it was an error on MY part ... but STILL nothing ...

no response - no interest - no resolve ...

so a new profile - and start all over again from newbie - even though i was on hero going on to legendary ...

hence why im starting our own public forum ...

the moderators here that are in power have no intention to do anything about it ...

i just contacted mprep a day ago - and see what he can do ... he seems to be the only moderator that is responding in ANY way ...

though i doubt he can do anything anyway ...

so does that answer your question Smiley ...

#crysx
Oh that's a shame.

I know the only way I have ever gotten a response from Theymos was by having the subject as "Forum Exploit", but that was because I actually did find one. Maybe that might help.

Good luck.
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 01:24:20 PM

On paper DASH has an inferior model to SPR because of the proof of bitcoin node plans to create incentivized Bitcoin nodes.

DASH is currently trending towards $10. Someone around here speculated that SPR could be valued at 10% of BTC. The more that DASH trends towards $10 and towards 4,000 Master Nodes the more the estimate of each SPR being worth 10% of BTC shows some credibility.

SPR was my hedge that DASH will never replace Bitcoin. I just can't understand that with such a great opportunity the dev team around here seem happy to let this huge potential slip through their fingers without putting up a fight.

This isn't just about the price of each SPR being worth $45 but the ability of the SPR dev team and the community to influence Bitcoin development because SPR could become so fundamental to the future stability and success of Bitcoin. SPR could be a layer two project for Bitcoin which could attract talented devs to help expand this project. The SPR devs would also be asked to speak at major conferences, if they wanted to, which would be great for this project. Being valued at 10% of BTC might be just the tip of the iceberg.  

There are many of us that believe this project has so much potential. When the devs make announcements about updates and releases the price of SPR picks up. When there is silence for weeks and months, the price trends much lower. Confidence is what is missing and that just requires engagement from the devs. I look at this project sometimes and just shake my head in disbelief that such a great opportunity is seemingly being wasted for the sake of better communications that can build a strong community.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 05:35:57 PM

On paper DASH has an inferior model to SPR because of the proof of bitcoin node plans to create incentivized Bitcoin nodes.

DASH is currently trending towards $10. Someone around here speculated that SPR could be valued at 10% of BTC. The more that DASH trends towards $10 and towards 4,000 Master Nodes the more the estimate of each SPR being worth 10% of BTC shows some credibility.

SPR was my hedge that DASH will never replace Bitcoin. I just can't understand that with such a great opportunity the dev team around here seem happy to let this huge potential slip through their fingers without putting up a fight.

This isn't just about the price of each SPR being worth $45 but the ability of the SPR dev team and the community to influence Bitcoin development because SPR could become so fundamental to the future stability and success of Bitcoin. SPR could be a layer two project for Bitcoin which could attract talented devs to help expand this project. The SPR devs would also be asked to speak at major conferences, if they wanted to, which would be great for this project. Being valued at 10% of BTC might be just the tip of the iceberg.  

There are many of us that believe this project has so much potential. When the devs make announcements about updates and releases the price of SPR picks up. When there is silence for weeks and months, the price trends much lower. Confidence is what is missing and that just requires engagement from the devs. I look at this project sometimes and just shake my head in disbelief that such a great opportunity is seemingly being wasted for the sake of better communications that can build a strong community.

Look, I'm the guy who has to develop all those things. Some of them being really hard scientific problems I have to solve.

You are the guy who can dream about 10% price of BTC etc, making wild comparisons and assumptions and make them sound like facts and truths.
I can't be bothered with that.

It is because of guys like you (investors with overblown assumptions) that I was often pressured to make announcements about updates, when in reality it was (and is) just too early for that.

It's tricky...

All I can say at this point is:
Good things are ahead of us, and I'm here to stay and work on Spreadcoin/Servicenodes.

I'm still working on a solution to find a stable relationship between my dayjob and my favorite hobby (spreadcoin).
Next week on monday (23rd) I'll meet with my most important customer to set my schedule for the rest of the year.
That should clarify lots of things.

Stay tuned!

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 05:36:50 PM

BTW, now is the opportunity to buy.  Cool

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:21:03 PM

That's the spirit  Grin
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 06:27:46 PM

That's the spirit  Grin

I know it's the last thing you want to hear, but...

STAY TUNED!  Wink

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Servicenodes should be hosting these things in the future

https://blog.blockchain.com/2016/05/16/announcing-the-thunder-network-alpha-release/
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:56:39 PM

I would like to propose an important consideration to the development of Spreadcoin.  With ETHs movement to become a foundation rather than another cryptocurrency is it a mistake to back Bitcoin? Should Spreadcoin instead attempt to align with ETH rather than Bitcoin?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:10:53 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2016, 02:22:53 PM by coins101

I would like to propose an important consideration to the development of Spreadcoin.  With ETHs movement to become a foundation rather than another cryptocurrency is it a mistake to back Bitcoin? Should Spreadcoin instead attempt to align with ETH rather than Bitcoin?

Good point!

let me find those links.....hodl on

So...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.msg14178532#msg14178532

What this means is that, in time, you should be able to choose which blockchain you want to support and then its a matter of finding the right time and possible team to build datasets off a particular blockchain

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qyExM5c1Ws7eUEj3J_gJ76zFe2WQaLdqJHMbJIJ_jng/edit#slide=id.gfc9fd0880_0_5

First things, first...the constant moving forwards towards ServiceNodes. Hail Hydra.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 02:33:29 PM

... Hail Hydra.

Well said.

It's not up to us to decide like a unified block who we want to be affiliated with.

Rather every "node" gets to decide which chain best fits its individual needs.

Decentralize everything.

njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:18:59 PM

I would like to propose an important consideration to the development of Spreadcoin.  With ETHs movement to become a foundation rather than another cryptocurrency is it a mistake to back Bitcoin? Should Spreadcoin instead attempt to align with ETH rather than Bitcoin?

Good point!

let me find those links.....hodl on

So...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.msg14178532#msg14178532

What this means is that, in time, you should be able to choose which blockchain you want to support and then its a matter of finding the right time and possible team to build datasets off a particular blockchain

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qyExM5c1Ws7eUEj3J_gJ76zFe2WQaLdqJHMbJIJ_jng/edit#slide=id.gfc9fd0880_0_5

First things, first...the constant moving forwards towards ServiceNodes. Hail Hydra.

I see. This is an interesting project. I'm definitely invested for the long-haul.
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 04:30:28 PM

From the above link: "This means that ServiceNodes can build datasets on millions of property transactions through to billions of Internet of Things devices transacting with each other every day"

Can someone elaborate on this part: "to billions of Internet of Things devices"?

I find this highly interesting, how does the Service Node network connect to IoT transactions?

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:51:47 PM

From the above link: "This means that ServiceNodes can build datasets on millions of property transactions through to billions of Internet of Things devices transacting with each other every day"

Can someone elaborate on this part: "to billions of Internet of Things devices"?

I find this highly interesting, how does the Service Node network connect to IoT transactions?

Well, in simple terms, IoT can equal your boiler booking a service and paying for it without you needing to get involved (well, apart from letting someone in to your house).

For a boiler to conduct a financial transaction like booking and paying for a service, it needs its own money. Then it needs an ability to contract with the service provider: if you give me a service, I'll pay you.

If you scale that to the average house, you might find hundreds of chips in all sorts of devices that can contract with the world. Scale that up to millions of homes and you get billions of chips all able to order parts, push out data about their status, when they need to be replaced, etc, etc.

Now, all these transactions will end up on a blockchain. Blockchains are data repositories. Data repositories can be searched with business intelligence tools. Business intelligence tools are designed to provide meaningful data, often in graphical format to allow users to pick-out useful patterns of information.

So, lots of servicesnodes running blockchains > IoT devices depositing transaction details on those blockchains > data tools to scan those blockchains > Servicenodes charging to access datasets > servicenode owners getting paid.

Put in those terms, its rather simple, really.
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 10:48:22 PM

Now, all these transactions will end up on a blockchain.
Interesting explanation.

How would these transactions end up on the block chain?

Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:58:56 AM

Now, all these transactions will end up on a blockchain.
Interesting explanation.

How would these transactions end up on the block chain?

I think the only way is for IoT devices to have light clients. Then its just a matter for using one of the bitcoin OP codes to create contracts.

Oh, they need wifi too, I guess  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: