Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:13:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790361 times)
Strannik-74

Activity: 348
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:30:01 PM

are there side and end views of this setup? ...

im impressed ...

#crysx

Photos taken during assembly

That's bad ass.

Got to love it when you can mine so compacted and not overheat or burn out the power cable or extension lead; or burn the walls.  Is that a paint pot just outside?

2 years mining fine, no problems , plug and forget = )

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:24:57 PM

Private Spreadcoin miner for sale with sourcecode. (0.1BTC)
NVIDIA maxwell GPU's pm for details

and yes ...
it was THIS private miner that i was using for all the nvidia cards when i was mining spreadx11 ...
#crysx

You should get your rigs up and running.

A gtx970@5MHASH is producing 4.27$ a day wich is more than mining etherum. a 750ti is doing 1.6$

well - the place ive recently applied for has been approved ...

its not exactly what i want - and is limited in a few ways - but will restart thefarm back on the track of growth again ...

it will also allow me more time ( and generate more funds ) to find the perfect place for the development of thefarm based on thegrid - which im now developing ...

so i agree with you sp ... i should - and will - get thefarm back up and running - but it cant happen for about another two weeks ...

i have also been developing / designing the unique cooling system also - and will need these new premises to continue ...

spreadminer-spmod9 runs nicely on the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards ( i have sold quite a few of those - but still have a few left ) - but ive never tested the miner on the gigabyte 980ti g1 / extreme ...

maybe its time to - while i still have the beast with me ... its just a pain to mine with this algo - as i have to coninually change miners EVERY TIME i wish to mine something else ...

had it been all in the same miner - that would be a different story ... maybe an inclusion in ccminer-tpruvot176 fork that you have been working on? ...

what do your gigabyte 980ti g1 pull in hashwise - stock? ...

#crysx

I don't think version 9 is tuned for the 980ti. You need to play with the -X parameter to find the proper setting. The 980ti might do around 8mhash.

@Sp - How are you getting 5000mh/s on the GTX 970?  I am using your version 9 and can only get at most 4100 mh/s.

Strannik-74

Activity: 348
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:22:48 AM

@Sp - How are you getting 5000mh/s on the GTX 970?  I am using your version 9 and can only get at most 4100 mh/s.

Overclock

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 02:02:55 PM

are there side and end views of this setup? ...

im impressed ...

#crysx

Photos taken during assembly

That's bad ass.

Got to love it when you can mine so compacted and not overheat or burn out the power cable or extension lead; or burn the walls.  Is that a paint pot just outside?

2 years mining fine, no problems , plug and forget = )

very nice ...

though im curious as to how your cooling works with the gpus so close together ...

i use the same motherboards but gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards ... with the gigabyte 980ti g1 and extreme cards also ... farmamd is completely down and all cards are boxed at the moment ...

my setup is very different and not so compact and use nothing but aluminium and steel with 'customboard' compressed fire retarded shelves - purely due to the heat dissipation ( which im currently working on and developing a much more efficient cooling system ) and temperatures these machine get to ...

its impressive nonetheless ... especially the compactness ...

great work ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 02:15:43 PM

though im curious as to how your cooling works with the gpus so close together ...

If you look carefully in the last photo you will spot the pedestals of 4 big fans.  Smiley

I guess he just blasts his installation full frontal from one side.

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 02:21:47 PM

If you look carefully in the last photo you will spot the pedestals of 4 big fans.  Smiley

that would only cool a percentage of the heat dissipated - as the heat is actually blown out to the extremities of the cards ( either end ) ...

what ever was done - its obviously worked ...

but my curiosity gets the better of me - always ... as pedestal fans cannot be the only things cooling this setup - they are just not powerful enough ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 03:00:59 PM

If you look carefully in the last photo you will spot the pedestals of 4 big fans.  Smiley

that would only cool a percentage of the heat dissipated - as the heat is actually blown out to the extremities of the cards ( either end ) ...

what ever was done - its obviously worked ...

but my curiosity gets the better of me - always ... as pedestal fans cannot be the only things cooling this setup - they are just not powerful enough ...

#crysx

I used two similar fans in my bitcoin setup, they are very strong... if you position them correctly it should do the job.
It then also depends how the whole room is ventilated ofcourse. (how the accumulated hot air actually leaves the room, and how colder air is reintroduced)

So:
1) every GPU has a fan
2) big 60 Watt Fans pointed at the whole installation.
3) room ventilation

All those things have to come together if you plan to operate such a setup for years.

von der

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:15:47 PM

I like your project. I will be following it!
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:44:56 PM

I wonder... is mining spreadcoin worth the electricity?

For me it seems the project which started as ultimate "spread the coin", became the ultimate "concentrate coins"

No pools, actively killing attempts to make pools.
All this achieved is removing small miners from the project, concentrating the hashrate into 3-4 big farms. Who can use "private" miners

Please explain me where am I wrong...
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 06:01:05 PM

For me it seems the project which started as ultimate "spread the coin", became the ultimate "concentrate coins"

All this achieved is removing small miners from the project, concentrating the hashrate into 3-4 big farms. Who can use "private" miners

This coin is about decentralization. Pools pose a threat to decentralization, that's why we are actively fighting them.

We are and want to stay a GPU coin as long as possible.

It's pretty easy right now to mine a few SPR even if you have an "average" GPU.

Now, the best way to fight the big GPU farms is to mine with even that 1 GPU you own!

If you need a pool first before you start contributing whatever small hardware you have, then it's not something we can help you with.

restless
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:14:05 PM

I regularly followed the project during 2015 - exactly because of claimed decentralization. And mined wth several cards. So I don't need pool.
The project needs to address this problem
Pool or single miner - whats the difference?
Which is easier to abuse?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 06:24:52 PM

Actually there are / were pools.. But they never added them to the OP and most miners (but their own farms / own miners) lost interest and stopped mining.

I have all the sources for the pools and if anyone has interest I can publish that all on github, it's actually pretty easy to start a pool as the only thing which is "the problem" here is that you have to sign the block with the privkey - all you need is a signed/encrypted miner and a encrypted connection to the pool (https) and you're all good. Actually https / encrypted connections are never a bad idea for any kind of data communication, even normal mining could and maybe should be done over encrypted connections.

That "decentralization" concept is funny here, i've monitored the network over a certain time while I was implementing the pool software and whilst every blocks is mined to a different address (because in solo-mining / to-your-wallet-mining your wallet generates a new address for every found block) they are broadcast / relayed by a few IP's which indirectly implies that there only 3-4 "bigger" farms mining this. Of course when you look at the block explorer you say "hey wow, every block is solved by a different miner with it's own address" - which is totally wrong Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:07:58 PM

With all due respect (you have very extended knowledge and skills)
the "pool" you got set up is a workaround the decentralized nature of spreadcoin.

YES - it is a "pool" mining, and NO - there is no "breach" in spreadcoin's design,
which is meant to prevent/limit whatever pool mining. Let's not do semantics -
you proved there is a workaround for pool-like mining.
You might say: "It's not pool-like, it is pool mining" and technically you will be right,
but personally signing each miner's miner is an overkill just to prove a point.
Also you eliminate miner's choice of software, and while many people might be ok with that,
I (and many others I'm sure) will not use this, just because I'm left with no choice.

I already regret for this reply, since all "pool related" replies just have to be left without response.
I encourage georgem to put a link in the OP with detailed SPR pool discussion.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 07:35:10 PM

With all due respect (you have very extended knowledge and skills)
the "pool" you got set up is a workaround the decentralized nature of spreadcoin.

YES - it is a "pool" mining, and NO - there is no "breach" in spreadcoin's design,
which is meant to prevent/limit whatever pool mining. Let's not do semantics -
you proved there is a workaround for pool-like mining.
You might say: "It's not pool-like, it is pool mining" and technically you will be right,
but personally signing each miner's miner is an overkill just to prove a point.
Also you eliminate miner's choice of software, and while many people might be ok with that,
I (and many others I'm sure) will not use this, just because I'm left with no choice.

I already regret for this reply, since all "pool related" replies just have to be left without response.
I encourage georgem to put a link in the OP with detailed SPR pool discussion.

Just one sentence:

After all - it doesn't matter

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:33:27 PM

The Spreadcoin network is currently very small. The total network hashrate is only 439 Mh/s. That's tiny.
It's because of the low price but it was in the Gh/s region and probably will be sometime in the future...

It all depends on the price really - people mine what's profitable.

So currently yeah, it's safe to say that only a handful of people are mining all the coins, they are not exactly big farms by any means (which is why Ocminer aptly used quotation marks around the word bigger).

If, and when service nodes come so will the interest for the coin. Interest would push the price which would push the hashrate and the number of miners up as well causing a big and healthy network.

Not your keys, not your coins!
restless
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:24:06 AM

Please explain me why pool in which many small miners take part and receive proportional to hashrate award, is worse than solo mining, where smaller players risk mining for days - for nothing?
How 4 bigger miners are better for decentralization?
You can't. Its mathematics and statistics.

Last night I started mining with 2 750 - wallet in sync, 5-7 active connections to network.
At the morning I got some blocks (very close to statistically expected). All of them rejected, because "network did not receive them"

Lets troubleshoot... I'm waiting for advice.... then I'll lose another 24h beating the dead horse

For me I proved that no pools is bad - 0 mined coins, I have to lose more time troubleshooting network problems.
micdvd85

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

BAM

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:39:35 AM

Please explain me why pool in which many small miners take part and receive proportional to hashrate award, is worse than solo mining, where smaller players risk mining for days - for nothing?
How 4 bigger miners are better for decentralization?
You can't. Its mathematics and statistics.

Last night I started mining with 2 750 - wallet in sync, 5-7 active connections to network.
At the morning I got some blocks (very close to statistically expected). All of them rejected, because "network did not receive them"

Lets troubleshoot... I'm waiting for advice.... then I'll lose another 24h beating the dead horse

For me I proved that no pools is bad - 0 mined coins, I have to lose more time troubleshooting network problems.

Before I started mining this coin I had 0 experience in the mining world. I heard about bitcoin a couple times but knew nothing... So I searched forever to try to figure out how to mine anything and it took me 2 days to figure out how to mine Litecoin and X11 coins. Once I saw this it took me less than the sync time to figure it all out. I have been mining off and on since the very end of Feb with 2 GTX 980's and I have just under 10,000 SPR. That is pretty amazing for solo mining a coin that gives 5 per block as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a "big" miner and I definitely don't have a "farm." When you have something like Dash for example, 2 pools control I think like 80% of the network. So if you want to cripple the coin all you have to do is take down the 2 computers controlling those pools and bam, 80% of the network gone... Those pools act as a centralized point in the network, or, a central point of failure.

As far as your network problems I cannot say, I have never once had a problem submitting a block that I have solved at all and the only thing I had to do was follow the wonderful Youtube video that walks you through everything step by step to set everything up. I think my windows firewall did ask at the beginning to let Spreadcoin through and I had to accept it but I cannot remember for sure.

Well, that is just my 2 cents... I'm sure if I was wrong anywhere in this post everyone will be correcting me.
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 12:43:10 PM

I'm also a small miner and I enjoy being part of the SPR network. Of course, everyone is waiting on Service Nodes.

One thing I wanted to say: I doubt there are 4 whale miners only. Don't judge SPR mining on an overnight adventure. Let it run uninterrupted for a week, a month, a few months, you will see accumulation. The network hash rates go up and down so if you stay plugged in, you will receive rewards unexpectedly when network hash rates dip and you're still mining. Of course this will change as soon as the hash rate jumps to a few GH, but right now it's a good time to solo mine.

About the rejected blocks: I never had them so I couldn't answer the reason why you have those. And yes, I am on SPR just because they resist the P&D pool audience. This is not a coin to simply dump when you need money, it's an investment in innovative technology (when georgem completes the Service Nodes) and stay with it to support growth and expansion.

Simply stay with it is my suggestion!

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
micdvd85

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

BAM

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:12:14 PM

One thing I wanted to say: I doubt there are 4 whale miners only.

I am right with you on that. I will say that there are a couple people who do solve a lot of blocks but for the most part I would say it's pretty diverse. But even if there was 4 or more big whales, how is that any different from a pool? I tried to mine Dash in the biggest pool of the time when they had over 50% of the total network (coinmine) and there was one whale who had almost 50% of the pool. After a whole day of non-stop mining I had maybe .0002 Dash while that whale of the pool cleaned house. So I honestly fail to see how pools are helping the small miners anymore than no pools at all. The only thing pools help is themselves with the fees they charge.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:24:41 PM

i'm also finding block regularly, and i have few gpu mining, yes soem times you can be unlucky, and get a 10 hours straight without block or more, but it is expected with solo mining
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: