Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:58:03 AM

Mac sorry

ah, have you created a DogeCoinDark.conf in your data directory? (~/Library/Application Support/DogeCoinDark/)

if so, or if not, add some nodes to it

connect=104.236.47.63
connect=178.62.72.112
connect=104.131.121.96
connect=128.199.56.110

I didn't create it no. also not really sure how to create one I am afraid. Do I just make it in text editor and name it .conf?

yep! name it DogeCoinDark.conf and it should go in the same directory as your wallet.dat file
Thanks.
and just a normal text editor will work? I dont need Vim or anything that compiles/ links or what ever  it does?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 01:05:39 PM

Mac sorry

ah, have you created a DogeCoinDark.conf in your data directory? (~/Library/Application Support/DogeCoinDark/)

if so, or if not, add some nodes to it

connect=104.236.47.63
connect=178.62.72.112
connect=104.131.121.96
connect=128.199.56.110

I didn't create it no. also not really sure how to create one I am afraid. Do I just make it in text editor and name it .conf?

yep! name it DogeCoinDark.conf and it should go in the same directory as your wallet.dat file
Thanks.
and just a normal text editor will work? I dont need Vim or anything that compiles/ links or what ever  it does?

no, normal text editor is just fine =]

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 11:47:18 PM

almost done with the new qt wallet.. have a great weekend everyone, and a fun/safe halloween!

Leperkhanh

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:04:36 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 01:51:04 PM by Leperkhanh

hey new to the mining game and was thinking about this being my first coin to mine and hopefully keeps it stable some. I do like the way the developer seems to be active and interactive with the community still. I do have a couple of questions though as I am new to this:

1. If i were to run 100mh/s by next week and most likely more later, should i try to spread out the pool? cause i see that binpool seems to be the most popular pool out for Doged right now, or should i just join that pool since there doesnt seem too be too much traffic on other pool sites.

2.Should i be holding my coins in the exchange if i want the value of the coin to be stable? cause i know alot of people just mine this and trade for BTC ( i do not know if this actuallly hurts the vaule of Doged when people keep trading everything they mine away).

3. What can we really do as miners to support the dev and possibly make this coin start catching some traction.

I am really new to this field. Of course, i will keep reading the forums more to learn how everything works, but any answers so i dont have to research about all my questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Leper

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 02:34:56 PM

hey new to the mining game and was thinking about this being my first coin to mine and hopefully keeps it stable some. I do like the way the developer seems to be active and interactive with the community still. I do have a couple of questions though as I am new to this:

1. If i were to run 100mh/s by next week and most likely more later, should i try to spread out the pool? cause i see that binpool seems to be the most popular pool out for Doged right now, or should i just join that pool since there doesnt seem too be too much traffic on other pool sites.

2.Should i be holding my coins in the exchange if i want the value of the coin to be stable? cause i know alot of people just mine this and trade for BTC ( i do not know if this actuallly hurts the vaule of Doged when people keep trading everything they mine away).

3. What can we really do as miners to support the dev and possibly make this coin start catching some traction.

I am really new to this field. Of course, i will keep reading the forums more to learn how everything works, but any answers so i dont have to research about all my questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Leper

well, let me help answer some of those questions  Cool

1. i would suggest using mastermining, since they are the second largest pool, and sometimes larger than binpool. with 100mh/s, it really doesnt matter what pool you join. you could even join goldmin.es and you will find blocks. spreading the hash is good, and helps protect the network. i cant imagine there would be a difference in the amount of blocks you find/coins you get on a pool with a hashrate like that..

2. no, its never really recommended to leave coins on an exchange, and if you are looking for it to increase in value, keeping it off the exchange is the best idea. also for safety, it's best to not keep coins on an exchange, because they get hacked sometimes.

3. as miner/believer in DOGED, just mine and hold a bit.. this is a long term coin, that gains value over time.

donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:13:00 PM

Thanks,
Leper

well, let me help answer some of those questions  Cool

1. i would suggest using mastermining, since they are the second largest pool, and sometimes larger than binpool. with 100mh/s, it really doesnt matter what pool you join. you could even join goldmin.es and you will find blocks. spreading the hash is good, and helps protect the network. i cant imagine there would be a difference in the amount of blocks you find/coins you get on a pool with a hashrate like that..

2. no, its never really recommended to leave coins on an exchange, and if you are looking for it to increase in value, keeping it off the exchange is the best idea. also for safety, it's best to not keep coins on an exchange, because they get hacked sometimes.

3. as miner/believer in DOGED, just mine and hold a bit.. this is a long term coin, that gains value over time.

Dev - You never disappoint with your hard work. Any plans to implement a POS model? Wish I can earn some coins by holding in wallet.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 09:07:37 PM

Thanks,
Leper

Dev - You never disappoint with your hard work. Any plans to implement a POS model? Wish I can earn some coins by holding in wallet.

thanks man! i love what i do, and plan on evolving doged as time continues. if mining ever becomes an issue, (which isn't foreseeable right now)

then yes we'd go pos, pow/pos, and/or merge mine... neither would be difficult to implement.. i would ultimately leave that decision to the community

on a "majority rules" basis.. but that is at least another year or two out.. there will be some big changes coming soon though.. in a couple days i have a meeting

with the developers of i2p, about $doged being bundled into their privacy software. im pretty excited about the idea of us being on hundreds of thousands of

privacy fans across the world  Cool

donnyespo

Activity: 827

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:24:41 PM

Thanks,
Leper

thanks man! i love what i do, and plan on evolving doged as time continues. if mining ever becomes an issue, (which isn't foreseeable right now)

then yes we'd go pos, pow/pos, and/or merge mine... neither would be difficult to implement.. i would ultimately leave that decision to the community

on a "majority rules" basis.. but that is at least another year or two out.. there will be some big changes coming soon though.. in a couple days i have a meeting

with the developers of i2p, about $doged being bundled into their privacy software. im pretty excited about the idea of us being on hundreds of thousands of

privacy fans across the world  Cool

cool man, looking forward to the future updates!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:49:30 AM

Thanks,
Leper

privacy fans across the world  Cool

Ah you tell me this when I sold all my coins apart from 10 mill. Anyway I took a gamble that I can buy back lower in a week or so. Probably won't work out for me. It never does

To peel or not to peel.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 03:48:36 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 06:34:53 PM by Dogedarkdev

Ah you tell me this when I sold all my coins apart from 10 mill. Anyway I took a gamble that I can buy back lower in a week or so. Probably won't work out for me. It never does

well, we were never meant to be a short term pnd  Cheesy

like i said a year ago, i'll say it again, we'll still be here in a year and still see a nice gradual organic increase in value.

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:39:50 PM

like i said a year ago, i'll say it again, we'll still be here in a year and still see a nice gradual organic increase in value.

Its refreshing to hear. I still love this coin and hope it has a great future. I think what really is needed is to be accepted on some market place. Not that  I am condoning illegal activity because I am SURE you can buy legal stuff on there too. I only sold some of my DOGED because I had some good tips on another coin which will be happening soon and couldn't miss.

What is the goal for say 2 years of this coin?

To peel or not to peel.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 12:59:24 PM

Its refreshing to hear. I still love this coin and hope it has a great future. I think what really is needed is to be accepted on some market place. Not that  I am condoning illegal activity because I am SURE you can buy legal stuff on there too. I only sold some of my DOGED because I had some good tips on another coin which will be happening soon and couldn't miss.

well, tomorrow i have a meeting with i2p, and the result should be doged being bundled into the i2p software, hopefully becoming the standard currency of private networks.. also there are other private networks launching soon, and i plan on building a doged network on them as well.. we will continue to expand our radio station, and have more shows, inculding a new security/privacy based talk show, (with music and special guests from the infosec world).. also more halvings, producing less coins, and of course, expanding our resources.

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:22:38 PM

well, tomorrow i have a meeting with i2p, and the result should be doged being bundled into the i2p software, hopefully becoming the standard currency of private networks.. also there are other private networks launching soon, and i plan on building a doged network on them as well.. we will continue to expand our radio station, and have more shows, inculding a new security/privacy based talk show, (with music and special guests from the infosec world).. also more halvings, producing less coins, and of course, expanding our resources.

I am not sure how I2P works to be honest. How would DOGED be potentially the standard currency work? Would you not still need specific sites to accept the coin? this sounds like an amazing thing however I have no idea how it would work. I understand TOR just about.
If DOGED was bundled in with I2P then how would you use it?

If you have time to explain many thanks Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 02:36:08 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 03:10:01 PM by Dogedarkdev

I am not sure how I2P works to be honest. How would DOGED be potentially the standard currency work? Would you not still need specific sites to accept the coin? this sounds like an amazing thing however I have no idea how it would work. I understand TOR just about.

of course i do, its what im here for!

i2p is similar to tor, in that is a private encrypted network. unlike tor, the network never even asks for the users ip, and it has end to end encryption, where tor is encrypted in the middle.

for instance, when i read the admin database for our tor web wallet, i see ip addresses of tor nodes, not the user however. on our i2p web wallet admin database, i see nothing at all for users ip's, not even i2p nodes.

also, i2p changes nodes 3 times every 14 seconds, where tor changes nodes 3 times every ten minutes. i2p is quickly growing, as people are seeing it as a much more reliable private network than tor. we have an i2p website, different than our .net website, where everything is on i2p, including all the source code from our github. it is on an i2p based git repository. we will have an icon on the desktop of the i2p console, and as markets open on i2p, we will be the currency of choice since we are so well integrated into i2p already. (i2p nodes for core wallet, i2p web wallet, i2p electrum server, i2p git repository, i2prc tipbot, etc)

edit: here is how to use i2p with our wallets. remember you must initially sync from i2p in order for it to be effective, and never take your wallet off of it.

http://dogecoindark.net/i2pdarknet.html

and we also have other i2p resources, check out our OP!

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:30:35 PM

of course i do, its what im here for!

i2p is similar to tor, in that is a private encrypted network. unlike tor, the network never even asks for the users ip, and it has end to end encryption, where tor is encrypted in the middle.

for instance, when i read the admin database for our tor web wallet, i see ip addresses of tor nodes, not the user however. on our i2p web wallet admin database, i see nothing at all for users ip's, not even i2p nodes.

also, i2p changes nodes 3 times every 14 seconds, where tor changes nodes 3 times every ten minutes. i2p is quickly growing, as people are seeing it as a much more reliable private network than tor. we have an i2p website, different than our .net website, where everything is on i2p, including all the source code from our github. it is on an i2p based git repository. we will have an icon on the desktop of the i2p console, and as markets open on i2p, we will be the currency of choice since we are so well integrated into i2p already. (i2p nodes for core wallet, i2p web wallet, i2p electrum server, i2p git repository, i2prc tipbot, etc)

edit: here is how to use i2p with our wallets. remember you must initially sync from i2p in order for it to be effective, and never take your wallet off of it.

http://dogecoindark.net/i2pdarknet.html

and we also have other i2p resources, check out our OP!

I learn so much here really cool stuff

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:59:55 PM

So been away for a few weeks anything on the up rise with DOGED anything new other than the down trend on price than going up? Any new changes to wallet or services come online while away?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 12:53:21 AM

So been away for a few weeks anything on the up rise with DOGED anything new other than the down trend on price than going up? Any new changes to wallet or services come online while away?

read above lol

also, the new wallet is launching soon. we were also added to uberpay and the walletgenerator.net site.

also we were accepted in the main coinomi android app, so hopefully we are added to shapeshift soon.

CryptoRekt

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 03:27:45 PM

read above lol

also, the new wallet is launching soon. we were also added to uberpay and the walletgenerator.net site.

also we were accepted in the main coinomi android app, so hopefully we are added to shapeshift soon.

Unless you have had a direct line to someone @ Shapeshift.io i would not bet anything on getting accepted there. Ive been trying to reach out to them for like 5 months to see about getting Doged added.

Not to sat you wont be able too its just personally i am not optimistic.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
VDechand

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:51:08 PM

I see a problem to add DOGED to a coinexchangelist. The Admin see the low price of DOGED and go away... he don´t see the good product or the good DEV...  Sad
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 06:33:40 PM

I see a problem to add DOGED to a coinexchangelist. The Admin see the low price of DOGED and go away... he don´t see the good product or the good DEV...  Sad

what coin exchange list? we are on coinwarz, coinmarketcap, coingecko, bitmakler and many others..

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: