Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zedux

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:28:58 PM

Nummi in Latin which means just coin or cash but was also the name of the money in circulation and was used by the Roman and Byzantine empires.

Could even use the same symbols check out interesting read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_coinage

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
endoffiat

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:30:18 AM

I say that this coin will create it's own legacy under any name. i think the most important thing is to get away from Doge.

maybe COGS is not the right name, although i think it is catchy. the only problem i see is lack of other names to choose from.

people must remember that finding an original name in crypto is no mean feat, SO many coins have come and gone that original names are Gold.

we all need to realize that THE NAME THAT IS CHOSEN DOES NOT NEED TO BE THE GREATEST NAME EVER THOUGHT OF, IT NEEDS TO BE ORIGINAL.

As soon as people look at this coin without the word Doge in it, only then will they take the coin more seriously.

so i believe that the time is NOW, to start rebranding as a lot of people have bought DOGED to get out of CRYPTSY.

Only the buyers From Cryptsy who research this coin a bit will be holding it. others just used it to get out of there and sell straight away at loss.

i have spoken to 2 people that sold at a loss, and asked them if they looked into the coin. they both said NO. they just heard DOGED withdrawals were working.(and fast too)

I mainly like COGS because it is an original name. if a better original name was brought up, then that could be used.

Somebody saying they don't like COGS should be putting forward names then. Angry no point saying i don't like something, unless i have an alternative. Grin

lets K.I.S.S  Wink

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:41:03 AM

not sure how to vote?

COGS with XCG ticker is nice!!

I don't think newbies can vote.

I'm not really a fan of the name change. I do kind of like that COGS doesn't exude the anonymity aspect of the coin, and I think it's a pretty good name, but rebranding from something silly to something anonymous focused to something more generic hasn't really helped ducknote --> darknote --> digitalnote (or one might argue xcoin --> darkcoin --> dash). Dogecoindark would go from something silly and something anonymous to something more generic, but still, kind of the same. At this point in the coin's existence, changing the name just makes it seem like there is something to hide, imo.
sorry  jwinterm but DOGECOINDARK was never silly. anonymous yes, but never silly. dogecoin is a silly coin,

I was only talking about the name. The name has Doge in it, so the name has a "silly" aspect to it. The name has Dark in it, so it has an anonymous aspect also.

I like COG(S), but I don't think it would hurt to wait a week or three and see if anyone comes up with something miles better. I kind of like Nummi also, but I think Cog(s) better at the moment. I don't have any great ideas to offer. Maybe mash-up Anoncoin and the soon-to-be Decred: Anoncred(s). Meh.
daggerpunt

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:04:12 AM

In Japanese the word shinobi means "to steal away; to hide" and — by extension — "to forbear", hence its association with stealth and invisibility. How does Shinobit sound to ya'll?

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 05:25:28 AM

In Japanese the word shinobi means "to steal away; to hide" and — by extension — "to forbear", hence its association with stealth and invisibility. How does Shinobit sound to ya'll?

now that, i actually dig. alot. or just shinobi(s)

i played quite a bit of shinobi as a kid. i miss that game.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
daggerpunt

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:47:32 AM

Damn. I didn't know it used to be a sega game. I'm glad you like it though. Maybe we could add some more names to the poll.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 06:23:43 AM

Damn. I didn't know it used to be a sega game. I'm glad you like it though. Maybe we could add some more names to the poll.

added!

Zedux

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:16:10 PM

added!

maybe could wait to see what wins adding it now means most people already voted. shino(bi) just 'bi' means coin and money in chinese. RMB renmin (people's) bi (money)

daggerpunt

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:58:25 PM

Is there no way to change your vote?

take_off

Activity: 396

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:55:29 PM

shinobi

great name

roles off the tongue nicely and is also gives an opportunity
for some great japanese (ninja) style graphics which would give a fresh new look aswell
telematico

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:20:49 PM

shinobi

+1
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:26:25 PM

Given the poll results so far, does anyone agree that more time should be spent on finding the best name?

Maybe those interested could submit 3 ideas each by a particular date, or something like this. Even then, the final name wouldn't need to be one of those, but it could help trigger more ideas from people. It just seems a bit rushed to me, and re-branding is not something that should be done on a whim.
daggerpunt

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:54:04 PM

Given the poll results so far, does anyone agree that more time should be spent on finding the best name?

Maybe those interested could submit 3 ideas each by a particular date, or something like this. Even then, the final name wouldn't need to be one of those, but it could help trigger more ideas from people. It just seems a bit rushed to me, and re-branding is not something that should be done on a whim.

I most certainly agree with you.

It's impossible for everyone to agree on one thing, but I do honestly believe that if someone comes up with a name that truly "pops", then 2/3 of the people will be down with it. How do you feel about a 2/3 majority on any changes DEV?

A_McGriff

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:16:58 PM

I vote for

COGS

(dont know how to select the poll option)  Huh

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 08:17:34 PM

It's impossible for everyone to agree on one thing, but I do honestly believe that if someone comes up with a name that truly "pops", then 2/3 of the people will be down with it. How do you feel about a 2/3 majority on any changes DEV?

yeah, i think everyone, or a majority, will all side with a name at some point, and ill keep my eye on it..

A_McGriff

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:25:07 PM

yeah, i think everyone, or a majority, will all side with a name at some point, and ill keep my eye on it..

I'm at CES right now and i prefaced and explained the situation we have here with the rebranding to a couple friends at CES, and from their outsider view they thought COGS was a great name.

It represents us as a COG in the fabric of our society (eventually when people are using COGS like dollars).

And i think we should have a policy that there is no one acronym associated with COGS. Just like the coin itself, COGS has it's own meaning for everyone.

My tech friends also agreed that there should be no mention of it's darkness in the name as that immediately creates shade.

What's up DOGEDDEV?? Hope all is well brother.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 12:49:31 AM

things are good mcgriff, thanks for asking =]

i can always reset the voting on here and just keep adding names as they come up, then set a date we start voting.

endoffiat

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:59:29 AM

I'm at CES right now and i prefaced and explained the situation we have here with the rebranding to a couple friends at CES, and from their outsider view they thought COGS was a great name.

It represents us as a COG in the fabric of our society (eventually when people are using COGS like dollars).

And i think we should have a policy that there is no one acronym associated with COGS. Just like the coin itself, COGS has it's own meaning for everyone.

My tech friends also agreed that there should be no mention of it's darkness in the name as that immediately creates shade.

What's up DOGEDDEV?? Hope all is well brother.

That is exactly the way i feel A_McGriff

COGS are a critical part of everything in life. it also rolls off the tongue. people get an instant mental image when they hear the word COGS.

It is simple yet says a lot. people associate the word COGS with precision, and machinery running well etc. nobody thinks of anything bad when they hear COGS.

Opertum, MEANS veiled in Latin? Huh

Nubibus MEANS shrouded. Huh

Nummi in Latin which MEANS just coin or cash but was also the name of the money in circulation and was used by the Roman and Byzantine empires. Huh

shinobi MEANS "to steal away; to hide". in Japanese Huh

why is it so important to come up with a name for a coin that means something else, especially shinobi it means to "steal away or hide" WHAT Huh

something to do with steal away or hide is as shady as it gets IMHO. i would never look at a coin that means steal away or hide. just sounds suspicious

COGS needs no explanation to any person in any language what so ever. COGS are a universal word. (it is so simple that it is almost brilliant)

Why does the word BITCOIN sound so good to so many people HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

BECAUSE IT IS ORIGINAL. AND IT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING ELSE. a bitcoin only means a bitcoin, so people can then interpret that in their own way.

there i had my little hissyfit   Cheesy

Your the best DOGEDARKDEV. loving all of your work. i really do believe that if COGS is not right name. then leave it as Dogecoindark. people are looking Now.

endoffiat

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:02:08 AM

not sure how to vote?

COGS with XCG ticker is nice!!

I don't think newbies can vote.

I'm not really a fan of the name change. I do kind of like that COGS doesn't exude the anonymity aspect of the coin, and I think it's a pretty good name, but rebranding from something silly to something anonymous focused to something more generic hasn't really helped ducknote --> darknote --> digitalnote (or one might argue xcoin --> darkcoin --> dash). Dogecoindark would go from something silly and something anonymous to something more generic, but still, kind of the same. At this point in the coin's existence, changing the name just makes it seem like there is something to hide, imo.
sorry  jwinterm but DOGECOINDARK was never silly. anonymous yes, but never silly. dogecoin is a silly coin,

I was only talking about the name. The name has Doge in it, so the name has a "silly" aspect to it. The name has Dark in it, so it has an anonymous aspect also.

I like COG(S), but I don't think it would hurt to wait a week or three and see if anyone comes up with something miles better. I kind of like Nummi also, but I think Cog(s) better at the moment. I don't have any great ideas to offer. Maybe mash-up Anoncoin and the soon-to-be Decred: Anoncred(s). Meh.

hey jwinterm. my apologies for taking that the wrong way. now i understand what you meant Wink

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 02:07:30 AM

good conversation happening.

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: