Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:38:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:46:06 PM

I think we are on the VERGE of something Wink great!

on the verge of destruction if that's the name. There's no way to sell coins to laypeople with a name like that.
"They'll be like WTF is Verge? Isn't that like a soda or something? it sounds like purge which is vomit, no thanks"
even DOGED is better than verge.
And now COG without the S makes no sense for marketing either.

that makes 0 sense.

i like verge, and i think most do so far as well

at first, i was pretty against the name change, but i've had alot of time to think about it.. dogecoin is a sinking ship, i hate to say it.. that coin got me into crypto, but let's face it.. the dev/creator left.. there is no modern tech in it, and the price/volume/community just keeps getting smaller. i think it's about time we are recognized for what we are, unique. NO other coin comes close to the privacy we offer and the amount of resources for said privacy, as well as overall use. im looking forward to making the rebrand happen for everyone, and to have us recognized as something different than the rest.

verge not very good i think

in french a verge is a cock
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 03:50:51 PM

on the verge of destruction if that's the name. There's no way to sell coins to laypeople with a name like that.
"They'll be like WTF is Verge? Isn't that like a soda or something? it sounds like purge which is vomit, no thanks"

that makes 0 sense.

at first, i was pretty against the name change, but i've had alot of time to think about it.. dogecoin is a sinking ship, i hate to say it.. that coin got me into crypto, but let's face it.. the dev/creator left.. there is no modern tech in it, and the price/volume/community just keeps getting smaller. i think it's about time we are recognized for what we are, unique. NO other coin comes close to the privacy we offer and the amount of resources for said privacy, as well as overall use. im looking forward to making the rebrand happen for everyone, and to have us recognized as something different than the rest.

it's used in english quite a bit to mean "the edge" or "brink".. im not too concerned about its french meaning, although it does add more masculinity to french users, i suppose ;]

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:57:37 PM

I must admit you have a very cool radio!
Few live talking listened and only i can say awesome!
How is this radio is financed?

It is cool.  There are some good shows and the music is usually solid.

EDIT - what is the plural of verge?  that'll 8.47 verges, please?
1. verge sounds like vericoin, vertcoin, and BigVern from cryptsy =[
2. the consumer has no idea what the product is by seeing the name
3. It literally means mollusk penis

LOL we dont want bigvern

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:58:57 PM

that makes 0 sense.

I live in france and I never knew this. Well that rules out that idea then

To peel or not to peel.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 04:00:55 PM

that makes 0 sense.

I live in france and I never knew this. Well that rules out that idea then

lol it hasnt been used in a few hundred years.. i think VERGE is the winner =]

besides, with that meaning, it only adds to the power of the name!  Cheesy

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1107

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:44:09 PM

besides, with that meaning, it only adds to the power of the name!  Cheesy

I don't like VERGE for a few reasons, but personal opinions aside, how is VERGE the winner with 40% of the vote? In some of the previous rounds I think other names had over 70% support.

Some reasons not to like besides less than 50% support from people who voted:
Hard to get search traction or short handles for promotion with things like: http://www.theverge.com/ , https://twitter.com/verge?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor , https://www.facebook.com/verge

Seems mostly unrelated to crypto or currency, and sounds similar to other scamish monosyllabic coins such as SPREAD, SWING, DASH, etc.

No clear plural.
g0ldm0ney10

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 04:51:06 PM

I don't like VERGE for a few reasons, but personal opinions aside, how is VERGE the winner with 40% of the vote? In some of the previous rounds I think other names had over 70% support.

Hard to get search traction or short handles for promotion with things like: http://www.theverge.com/ , https://twitter.com/verge?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor , https://www.facebook.com/verge

Seems mostly unrelated to crypto or currency, and sounds similar to other scamish monosyllabic coins such as SPREAD, SWING, DASH, etc.

No clear plural.

I agree with this, don't like VERGE, but I can't seem to vote, it won't allow me too.  I think COGS with the S is the best from my opinion.  I can see people using COGS for everything, but not VERGES or VERGEES?  Just my opinion.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:05:06 PM

I love VERGE. Take this one
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:14:23 PM

I love VERGE. Take this one

yep!

g0ldm0ney10

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 05:26:50 PM

Oh I see that VERGE is going to be it!  Rebranding is starting in 1 week!!  so it is a VERGE coin?  Or is it just the VERGE or vergecurrency?  How do you see it Dev for a bunch of Verge coins or is it Verge currencies?  VERGES?  So things could cost a part of a VERGE?  Or I will give you 10 VERGES for that TV?  is it VERGE or verge?  The twitter handle is in lower case or does it matter?

Just wanting to know more now how all this will work?  Exciting!!  Grin

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 06:01:42 PM

Oh I see that VERGE is going to be it!  Rebranding is starting in 1 week!!  so it is a VERGE coin?  Or is it just the VERGE or vergecurrency?  How do you see it Dev for a bunch of Verge coins or is it Verge currencies?  VERGES?  So things could cost a part of a VERGE?  Or I will give you 10 VERGES for that TV?  is it VERGE or verge?  The twitter handle is in lower case or does it matter?

Just wanting to know more now how all this will work?  Exciting!!  Grin

yeah im excited. VERGE will be the name, but for social media, verge currency.. a bunch of them i think would still be verge.. send me some verge, how many verge do you want, i have a million verge.. etc.. =]

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:04:46 PM

that makes 0 sense.

Voting against as well due to similar weirdness to name.  Its ok and it "could" be ok, but I prefer CoGs personally.
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:13:55 PM

No clear plural.

Yep.  People should think about their standards for choosing a name.  I think it has to be a noun referring to a thing, and it shouldn't be easily confusable w/ something else (e.g., did you know verge has subscription points, wow - I just made that up).  A name has to fit within common understandings of money or nobody will use it beyond a pump and dump.  Look at the history of money and the successful cryptos, the names are short and sweet.  they don't try to be clever or cute.  they are boring - its what people expect.  they try to last a long time, not be a fad or trend. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_circulating_currencies

RE: features of this coin - The privacy features are awesome.  Focusing on that will draw a lot of unwanted scrutiny and hornets "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2216.msg29280#msg29280".  I think it would be very cool and unique to make the privacy features w/ this coin the best kept open secret in cryptocurrency (like the first rule of fight club).

Lastly, and to be completely honest, I'm a little disappointed and frustrated with how the voting and process therefor have panned out recently.  Please read my prior posts if you haven't yet voted or made a decision, there you'll find some things to think about in choosing a name.  Beyond that, I probably won't chime-in with feedback anymore on this topic since its not generating interest, but I will be thinking hard about and researching project management and cryptocurrency communities for some side projects I have going.  I may share some of that work if it looks like this thread starts attracting more folks interested in formulating pillars or benchmarks for sustainable, long-term success in areas beyond the solid developing work.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 06:26:15 PM

im making an executive decision to pick verge.

vergecurrency.com, .info, .org, and .net are now ours.

Mr Felt

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:41:10 PM

I respect that, you've put the most time and resources into this project.  Will you at least answer the question Jwinterm and I have posted - what is the plural of Verge? Does that plural version sound good when you say it - can you imagine a cashier saying it to when they ring up purchase?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 07:13:58 PM

I respect that, you've put the most time and resources into this project.  Will you at least answer the question Jwinterm and I have posted - what is the plural of Verge? Does that plural version sound good when you say it - can you imagine a cashier saying it to when they ring up purchase?

usually with words like this, plural is the same, verge. "that will be 100 VERGE" "how many VERGE do you have?" "i just bought a million VERGE" etc

Mr Felt

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:29:49 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 07:42:16 PM by Mr Felt

I respect that, you've put the most time and resources into this project.  Will you at least answer the question Jwinterm and I have posted - what is the plural of Verge? Does that plural version sound good when you say it - can you imagine a cashier saying it to when they ring up purchase?

usually with words like this, plural is the same, verge. "that will be 100 VERGE" "how many VERGE do you have?" "i just bought a million VERGE" etc

Thanks, glad it was investigated.*  Good luck w/ the re-branding effort. I'm a little worried about the choice, but I'll be rooting for its success nonetheless.  I'd be happy to give some feedback along the way if sought (just PM me).

*From https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/verge

From Middle French verge ‎(“rod or wand of office”), hence "scope, territory dominated", from Latin virga ‎(“shoot, rod stick”), of unknown origin. Earliest attested sense in English is now-obsolete meaning "male member, penis" (c.1400). Modern sense is from the notion of 'within the verge' (1509, also as Anglo-Norman dedeinz la verge), i.e. "subject to the Lord High Steward's authority" (as symbolized by the rod of office), originally a 12-mile radius round the royal court, which sense shifted to "the outermost edge of an expanse or area."

Noun[edit]
verge ‎(plural verges)

Etymology 2[edit]
Latin virgō.

Noun[edit]
verge f (plural verges)

female virgin (female person who has never had sexual intercourse)

Noun[edit]
verge f ‎(oblique plural verges, nominative singular verge, nominative plural verges)
A_McGriff

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:49:58 PM

VERGE   Grin       i believe i was the 5th vote on that. I think it's a great name. CryptoCurrencyNetworks idea? Kudos to who came up with that. I got some VERGE to send you

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 07:59:55 PM

Thanks, glad it was investigated.*  Good luck w/ the re-branding effort. I'm a little worried about the choice, but I'll be rooting for its success nonetheless.  I'd be happy to give some feedback along the way if sought (just PM me).

*From https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/verge

From Middle French verge ‎(“rod or wand of office”), hence "scope, territory dominated", from Latin virga ‎(“shoot, rod stick”), of unknown origin. Earliest attested sense in English is now-obsolete meaning "male member, penis" (c.1400). Modern sense is from the notion of 'within the verge' (1509, also as Anglo-Norman dedeinz la verge), i.e. "subject to the Lord High Steward's authority" (as symbolized by the rod of office), originally a 12-mile radius round the royal court, which sense shifted to "the outermost edge of an expanse or area."

Noun[edit]
verge ‎(plural verges)

Etymology 2[edit]
Latin virgō.

Noun[edit]
verge f (plural verges)

female virgin (female person who has never had sexual intercourse)

Noun[edit]
verge f ‎(oblique plural verges, nominative singular verge, nominative plural verges)

i dig it. and if people want it to refer to the meaning of it in the 1400's, thats fine by me. virgin girls and penis only adds more machismo  Cheesy

but yeah, i like the english definition, plus it just sounds good.

verge1
vərj
noun
an edge or border.
"they came down to the verge of the lake"
synonyms:   edge, border, margin, side, brink, rim, lip; More
verb

approach (something) closely; be close or similar to (something).
"despair verging on the suicidal"
synonyms:   approach, border on, come close/near to, be tantamount to; tend toward, approximate to, resemble
"a degree of caution that verged on the obsessive"

while being a cryptocurrency, our private network puts us on the outer edge of internet traffic, away from the mainstream where ip's are leaked everywhere and everything is easily traced/hacked.

i think its important especially of late, that people start paying more attention to how they use the internet, and to start trying to use more privacy enabled software, for everything they do.

and btw, yes all coins will be fine. we arent resetting the blockchain or anything.. the network is staying the same, and we'll have a brand spankin new nicer looking wallet =]

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 08:00:25 PM

VERGE   Grin       i believe i was the 5th vote on that. I think it's a great name. CryptoCurrencyNetworks idea? Kudos to who came up with that. I got some VERGE to send you

yeah that was a great name choice. im glad alot of people voted.

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: