Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206274 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitLeap

Activity: 1232
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:20:47 PM

yeah none of the names really got enough momentum behind them, but changing the name isn't up to me, that's up to the community.

if everyone came up with a list and agreed on a name, of course i'd rebrand.

im no tyrant!

nah that's not that important it can even backfire the important thing is the coin is very solid network is very strong and it only keeps getting better  Smiley

Dev what are your thoughts on blockchain based marketplaces?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:21:47 PM

Just passing by to check if everything is going well.

The price touched the 2 satoshi level a week ago, so i thought something bad happened here?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 09:28:01 PM

Just passing by to check if everything is going well.

The price touched the 2 satoshi level a week ago, so i thought something bad happened here?

the reason for that was because of cryptsy.. there has been/still is a big panic as they have not been giving people their withdraws in many coins.

i know for a fact no one is receiving btc, ltc, and dash payouts, and they are banning people from chat who ask about it.

people have been cashing out their btc in doged there, and taking a loss n selling it on trex. just means cheap coins for everyone on trex for the time being..

pretty sure cryptsy is going to be sued for it, as ive heard people have been waiting over a month for btc payouts, and i personally have been waiting over a week for my btc withdraw.

so basically, if you have coins there, join the lawsuit, or wait forever/possibly get screwed over and get nothing eventually.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 09:29:03 PM

yeah none of the names really got enough momentum behind them, but changing the name isn't up to me, that's up to the community.

if everyone came up with a list and agreed on a name, of course i'd rebrand.

im no tyrant!

nah that's not that important it can even backfire the important thing is the coin is very solid network is very strong and it only keeps getting better  Smiley

Dev what are your thoughts on blockchain based marketplaces?

blockchain based marketplaces sound cool, that would make marketplaces alot more secure, that's for sure.

milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 03:11:56 PM

Coin seems to be crawling now? Cant even confirm mined blocks from yesterday.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 07:12:29 PM

When installing the electrum client I don't have a config file. What are contents of it please. And file is just named config? Thanks in advance.

which client are you installing? we have an electrum client for tor, i2p, and regular clearnet..

here are the 3 configuration files for each, they can be found in the root directory of whichever electrum flavor you have:

https://github.com/doged/electrum-doged/blob/master/electrum-doged.conf.sample

https://github.com/doged/electrum-doged-tor/blob/master/electrum-doged.conf.sample

https://github.com/doged/electrum-doged-i2p/blob/master/electrum-doged.conf.sample

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 07:13:53 PM

Coin seems to be crawling now? Cant even confirm mined blocks from yesterday.

hmm, no.. blocks seem to be moving fine.. our http://darkchain.link explorer lost its p2p connection, i just restarted it, but you can always use https://www.blockexperts.com/doged

which pool are you mining on?

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 10:20:28 PM

When installing the electrum client I don't have a config file. What are contents of it please. And file is just named config? Thanks in advance.

which client are you installing? we have an electrum client for tor, i2p, and regular clearnet..

here are the 3 configuration files for each, they can be found in the root directory of whichever electrum flavor you have:

https://github.com/doged/electrum-doged/blob/master/electrum-doged.conf.sample

https://github.com/doged/electrum-doged-tor/blob/master/electrum-doged.conf.sample

https://github.com/doged/electrum-doged-i2p/blob/master/electrum-doged.conf.sample

Thank you. This coin looks interesting and undervalued for one with such a responsive dev.

no problem, just get rid of the .sample part =]

and thanks, i believe we are undervalued as well, however, looking at a long chart, our market cap has been through an upward trend.

endoffiat

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:40:38 PM

one thing I thought about, is that if the blockchain tech & wallet tech are interesting enough to some big hands (big companies) there could always be a rebrand of doged to something more professional. I really like this community, and the doged moniker, but it's more or less up to the developer if he ever decided to go that route- if anything like that ever happened or was discussed.

in any case, this coin is going places, that's for sure. i have taken a few mill off the marker. great job dogedev. keep it up!!

A couple of times I have suggested looking at a name change - but the DOGED community did not get behind it. Either way I am happy as DogedDev is a Legend!

I've suggested in the past to change the name to just DOGED specially after Palmer left Dogecoin the project is not what it was and many think of DogecoinDark as a spin-off while DOGED has surpassed it imo and taken a completely different path. Unfortunately many see DogeCoinDark name as a satire and have zero knowledge of what it really is! DOGED is a great coin great features and just keeps on expanding virtues very few coins in all of cryptoworld can say they achieved.
Hello DOGED community. have not posted in a while, but i do think that maybe the word Doge in the name of this awesome coin is holding it back a little. Some people must think that Dogeanything is just a doge spin off, and not even attempt to look at the coin for that reason alone. but those of us that have been here since DOGED launched know how active this Dev is, how helpful this Dev is, how dedicated this Dev is, put's other Dev's to shame  Smiley
But i thought i might add my 2 cent's worth with a few names.
TORNETCOIN   COVERTCOIN  HUSHCOIN  DARKNETCOIN  UNTRACECOIN  Some way of letting people know that this is a much more discreet coin for those who like that fact.
but also to let people know that this coin has an active,helpful,dedicated Dev. And a very upbeat and positive community to boot.
DCYPHERCOIN as mentioned above sounds pretty cool. I do think that marketing plays a big factor in the success of any coin, and marketing of a coin really depends on the community "US" .Maybe if we all come up with some possible marketing ideas we can get this coin really noticed.
Idea 1 maybe start a new thread about  ACTIVE,HELPFUL,DEDICATED DEV'S and their coins. that would narrow things down to a small handful of Dev's, and of course our Dev
would get mentioned as number 1  Wink Grin again just my 2 cents worth

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:45:43 PM

Probably Dogecoindark is one of the most undervaluated coins, have a great developer, a great community, really price should be in about 50 satoshis per dogecoindark, let's see what happens in 2016
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 11:54:06 PM

Probably Dogecoindark is one of the most undervaluated coins, have a great developer, a great community, really price should be in about 50 satoshis per dogecoindark, let's see what happens in 2016

yes, i have a ton more stuff to release this year. our OP will double, which is rather mind blowing even to me =]

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:27:56 AM

Definitely undervalued but I really like the cheap coins right now =D
CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 04:17:19 AM

one thing I thought about, is that if the blockchain tech & wallet tech are interesting enough to some big hands (big companies) there could always be a rebrand of doged to something more professional. I really like this community, and the doged moniker, but it's more or less up to the developer if he ever decided to go that route- if anything like that ever happened or was discussed.

in any case, this coin is going places, that's for sure. i have taken a few mill off the marker. great job dogedev. keep it up!!

A couple of times I have suggested looking at a name change - but the DOGED community did not get behind it. Either way I am happy as DogedDev is a Legend!

I've suggested in the past to change the name to just DOGED specially after Palmer left Dogecoin the project is not what it was and many think of DogecoinDark as a spin-off while DOGED has surpassed it imo and taken a completely different path. Unfortunately many see DogeCoinDark name as a satire and have zero knowledge of what it really is! DOGED is a great coin great features and just keeps on expanding virtues very few coins in all of cryptoworld can say they achieved.
Hello DOGED community. have not posted in a while, but i do think that maybe the word Doge in the name of this awesome coin is holding it back a little. Some people must think that Dogeanything is just a doge spin off, and not even attempt to look at the coin for that reason alone. but those of us that have been here since DOGED launched know how active this Dev is, how helpful this Dev is, how dedicated this Dev is, put's other Dev's to shame  Smiley
TORNETCOIN   COVERTCOIN  HUSHCOIN  DARKNETCOIN  UNTRACECOIN  Some way of letting people know that this is a much more discreet coin for those who like that fact.
but also to let people know that this coin has an active,helpful,dedicated Dev. And a very upbeat and positive community to boot.
DCYPHERCOIN as mentioned above sounds pretty cool. I do think that marketing plays a big factor in the success of any coin, and marketing of a coin really depends on the community "US" .Maybe if we all come up with some possible marketing ideas we can get this coin really noticed.
Idea 1 maybe start a new thread about  ACTIVE,HELPFUL,DEDICATED DEV'S and their coins. that would narrow things down to a small handful of Dev's, and of course our Dev
would get mentioned as number 1  Wink Grin again just my 2 cents worth

Not bad suggestions for name, but I would suggest leaving "COIN" out of any name.

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 09:16:51 AM

Hello DOGED community. have not posted in a while, but i do think that maybe the word Doge in the name of this awesome coin is holding it back a little. Some people must think that Dogeanything is just a doge spin off, and not even attempt to look at the coin for that reason alone. but those of us that have been here since DOGED launched know how active this Dev is, how helpful this Dev is, how dedicated this Dev is, put's other Dev's to shame  Smiley
TORNETCOIN   COVERTCOIN  HUSHCOIN  DARKNETCOIN  UNTRACECOIN  Some way of letting people know that this is a much more discreet coin for those who like that fact.
Idea 1 maybe start a new thread about  ACTIVE,HELPFUL,DEDICATED DEV'S and their coins. that would narrow things down to a small handful of Dev's, and of course our Dev
would get mentioned as number 1  Wink Grin again just my 2 cents worth

Not bad suggestions for name, but I would suggest leaving "COIN" out of any name.
"scrypt"
the name and algo

not bad too - scrypt.... nice1

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:46:39 AM

Naming the coin scrypt would lead to nothing but confusion with the algorithm.

Dcypher sounds kinda cool but not sure it'd actually fit the project.

Alternatively drop the entire "dogecoindark" moniker and become simply "doged" feel free to keep a big dog theme but it takes a slight step away from the whole dogecoin vibe.

{ BitSpill }
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:31:06 PM

Naming the coin scrypt would lead to nothing but confusion with the algorithm.

Dcypher sounds kinda cool but not sure it'd actually fit the project.

Alternatively drop the entire "dogecoindark" moniker and become simply "doged" feel free to keep a big dog theme but it takes a slight step away from the whole dogecoin vibe.

If there is a rebranding (and I'm a fan of not using the word coin in the name), IMHO such an effort would benefit by focusing on a name that will be widely understood as signifying a currency/store of value for everyone and not a currency/store of value solely for use by nerds or privacy geeks ( privacy etc should obviously be a core/distinguishing feature - it just doesn't need to be communicated along with the name if it risks turning people off since encryption etc is becoming overly politicized right now).
bitLeap

Activity: 1232
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:04:10 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 01:17:43 AM by bitLeap

If you're a fan of this educational video you'll like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqUr7PSRO8
A layperson doesn't know even what an algo is anyway. Then DOGE confuses with DOGED, too, and we're not seeing any real benefit from that association (or more like lack of association) as well.
Mr Felt is right on the money. Making it clear it is a currency/store of value is high priority. This accomplishes it without using the word "coin" and fits the target market as an already useful term for money. And his second point about turning people off, it can accomplish privacy without the bad vibes over the politics of being encrypted (i.e. calling it dark)

When Darkcoin changed the name to Dash it lost a bit of momentum but later it proved the right decision Dash is a brand better accepted now and now even adds value to the coin. If DOGED DogecoinDark had a re-branding definitely the coin would benefit from it in the long run that's for sure but had to be done with the help from people with a very high profile in marketing. I'm all for it we don't have nothing to lose done properly and would only benefit the entire project investors and the community keeping in mind this is one of the top projects in all cryptoworld.

My three shots  Grin
Lock
Guard
Sensitive

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:06:41 AM

Am I the only one that still likes the name DogeCoinDark?  I don't see any need for a rebrand, honestly.  It's the perfect name for introducing a serious issue like privacy to a fun crypto like Doge.
Yolo123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:27:52 AM

I agree with the name change. Dogecoindark kills it imo, Doge is what comes in mind with this name. DOGED is good but not catchy the verbal sound is ouf. These are some suggestion Secrecy, SecretCoin, HiddenCoin...

I bought buy some DOGED earlier this year, felt like it was a good project.
nubbins7

Activity: 566

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:02:41 AM

How about "PayRiteCurrency" aka PRC Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: