Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206263 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:14:56 PM

So whats been going on with the price lately on bittrex seen a spike down to 4 sat so am guessing that someone made a dump on their with their stock wasn't quick enough to buy more tho Sad Holding my coins for the future and hopefully to use in shops if come to accepting it and a better value in price.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 09:46:32 PM

So whats been going on with the price lately on bittrex seen a spike down to 4 sat so am guessing that someone made a dump on their with their stock wasn't quick enough to buy more tho Sad Holding my coins for the future and hopefully to use in shops if come to accepting it and a better value in price.

yeah or might have been someone who accumulated when we were just at 1-2sat

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 09:49:12 PM

i should have a new game faucet up soon.. win doged for..  well.. i dont want to say too much..

a few of our lucky chat users got picked to beta test it today though  Cool

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:52:02 PM

Wait, we are getting 7 BTC of volume and you are worried?  I'm not sure what the issue is here other than distribution is happening at a nice low price; which is not even an issue but an advantage.  More features are being added so value is not going down anytime soon.  I can only say that the game I beta tested today was pretty awesome.  Haven't seen anything like this before.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:53:45 PM

Omg 4 sat!!! Jesus u wish I was you I would have put 2 btc straight into it. Now back at 6. Wow what a missed opportunity ; ( I always miss out on the quick money

To peel or not to peel.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:56:35 PM

Omg 4 sat!!! Jesus u wish I was you I would have put 2 btc straight into it. Now back at 6. Wow what a missed opportunity ; ( I always miss out on the quick money

I wasn't able to get my orders filled at 4 sat either.  Pretty bummed, those would of been nice percentages to gain right there, especially with the slump in BTC recently.
idosedthekoolaid

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 10:03:31 PM

Wait, we are getting 7 BTC of volume and you are worried?  I'm not sure what the issue is here other than distribution is happening at a nice low price; which is not even an issue but an advantage.  More features are being added so value is not going down anytime soon.  I can only say that the game I beta tested today was pretty awesome.  Haven't seen anything like this before.

I  also tested the game you mention today. It is FUN!! Everyone is in for a treat! Great music too, and my type of game! I <3 arcade games, not so much on all these newfangled games with zillions of players and items and industries and DnD rules etc.

I honestly need to take a class in managing time productively from this crazy ass developer. He's found the secret to it all, whatever it may be. SRSLY.

Great, working, full-featured software just falls out of his hair or something, maybe. IDK, but I sure hope he stays out of whatever kind of car Michael Hastings drove....

<3  

Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Patience.

<3

idosedthekoolaid

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 10:06:27 PM

i should have a new game faucet up soon.. win doged for..  well.. i dont want to say too much..

a few of our lucky chat users got picked to beta test it today though  Cool

Just to emphasize a point I just effin' made, BEST. FAUCET. EVAR. (yet)

As always, thanks very, very much for all your hard work. I know it is a labor (labour if you're Merbles) of love but it is very much appreciated and encouraging and all kinds of other good, happy, glittery things.

<3
idosedthekoolaid

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 10:11:22 PM

My assumption (could be totally wrong) was that someone might be liquidating their crypto holdings ASAP in a panic watching BTC flashfreakout and knowing that most of their other cryptos had to pass through BTC on their way to becoming fiat, in order to cut their losses in the event Gavin And. and crew had sent the BTC bus straight to the depths of hell.

Seemed like several cryptos were being sold for unusually low sats at the same time, but I haven't played duelling graphs to see if that's BS or not.

<3
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:19:20 PM

My assumption (could be totally wrong) was that someone might be liquidating their crypto holdings ASAP in a panic watching BTC flashfreakout and knowing that most of their other cryptos had to pass through BTC on their way to becoming fiat, in order to cut their losses in the event Gavin And. and crew had sent the BTC bus straight to the depths of hell.

Seemed like several cryptos were being sold for unusually low sats at the same time, but I haven't played duelling graphs to see if that's BS or not.

<3

Hard to know with the amount of things that are going on currently with Bitcoin being one and then all the stuff about XT and then the other news and more news it gets confusing. Am just holding for the prices to go back up as this is whoever is selling BTC at this is selling at a loss.

Anyone know if theirs any  sites accepting DOGED to play games or buy stuff or still awaiting such services?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:40:52 PM

<3

Hard to know with the amount of things that are going on currently with Bitcoin being one and then all the stuff about XT and then the other news and more news it gets confusing. Am just holding for the prices to go back up as this is whoever is selling BTC at this is selling at a loss.

Anyone know if theirs any  sites accepting DOGED to play games or buy stuff or still awaiting such services?

I don't think any exist yet, maybe soon tho.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:38:52 AM

<3

I don't think any exist yet, maybe soon tho.

Someone posted this a few pages back.. wheel game http://dogedwheel.crypto-co.in/

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 04:23:07 AM

http://dogecoindark.net/radio

rick's live on the air doing coin give aways!

gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:46:34 AM

I  also tested the game you mention today. It is FUN!! Everyone is in for a treat! Great music too, and my type of game! I <3 arcade games, not so much on all these newfangled games with zillions of players and items and industries and DnD rules etc.

I honestly need to take a class in managing time productively from this crazy ass developer. He's found the secret to it all, whatever it may be. SRSLY.

Great, working, full-featured software just falls out of his hair or something, maybe. IDK, but I sure hope he stays out of whatever kind of car Michael Hastings drove....

<3  

Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Patience.

<3

What game I want to try

To peel or not to peel.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:53:15 AM

How are doged people feeling about all the bitcoin core v. xt controversy? Supporting bigger blocks? Believing all the tor blacklisting bullshit? Just curious what other darkdoges thoughts on the subject are...
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 06:20:00 AM

How are doged people feeling about all the bitcoin core v. xt controversy? Supporting bigger blocks? Believing all the tor blacklisting bullshit? Just curious what other darkdoges thoughts on the subject are...

personally i think tor blacklisting, and the fact that it uses clearnet is just silly/pointless.

idosedthekoolaid

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:25:34 PM

personally i think tor blacklisting, and the fact that it uses clearnet is just silly/pointless.

agreed.  also i don't understand why they couldn't work out some sort of experiment with testnet to test ideas about blocksize? or crunch some simulations?

* idosedthekoolaid shrugs

bitcoin-xt feels funny to me. i smell rats, or pigs. or something like that.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 02:07:19 PM

agreed.  also i don't understand why they couldn't work out some sort of experiment with testnet to test ideas about blocksize? or crunch some simulations?

* idosedthekoolaid shrugs

bitcoin-xt feels funny to me. i smell rats, or pigs. or something like that.

there's alot more to it than just block size.. greed/power is a driving factor as well..

idosedthekoolaid

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 02:22:54 PM

Oh lessee here... that faucet screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/TSRRpm4.jpg

<3 it's awesome

don't forget to show the subreddit some love, guys. and the i2p IRC chat Smiley

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:44:55 PM

I'm syncing xt now. I support larger blocks, and this is the only client out there now with larger blocks (possibly to be) implemented, and though I'm not a tor user (torista? torrador?), the tor blacklisting seems to be way overblown. It doesn't blacklist anyone, it's just an attempt to mitigate ddos attacks on nodes that apparently tend to originate from tor - see this reddit explanation:

The "transaction blocking" or "Tor blocking" "blacklisting" as variously claimed by FUD-spreader (or confused people) is an anti-DDoS measure that only activates when connections are saturated, i.e. when you're attacked and your node will go dark anyway if you don't do something. Which one will you like, de-prioritizing Tor nodes and hobble along, or just go down in the spirit of fairness?
To be fair the implementation is a bit ham-fisted and not really that effective (can be circumvented with minor effort), but to call it "blacklisting" is just dishonest. If you read Mike's reply originally posted by /u/liliIllill[1]  (below), XT actually includes some bugfixes that improve your node's ability to survive non-responding peers and still relax tx.
The "de-anonymizing" part is where XT fetches a list of Tor exit nodes for the de-prioritization described above (from the Tor project itself!). Allegedly it "exposes what your node is doing". But in fact:
As Mike repeatedly pointed out, you already broadcast to the world, loud and clear, that you run a Bitcoin node at your place by putting it on the internet and relaying tx. Fetching a list from the Tor project doesn't change that.
If you're behind a proxy, the fetching doesn't happen. Nope, it doesn't destroy your efforts to stay private.
You can manually disable the whole de-prioritization list thing (and hence stop fetching) in a single line if you really, really hate it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3hrey7/hot_topic_of_the_day_discuss_the_tor/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: