Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:41:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901265 times)
sergeyzol

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:49:20 PM

Atheists are free and therefore there is no reason for hatred.

Then why hate religion?

Do you hate people who rape 8 years old kids, over and over?  Or steal money from poor or handicapped?

You should hate religion for the same reason.

I also hate atheist who do those things. Should I just hate the human species then?

raping a 8yr old kid should not involve a religion, those people should be hated and castrated no matter the religion status, and  I've never read that it says that raping kids is ok, unless it's Islam where Muhammad was married to a kid... But the person can be, a christian, atheist, pagan,etc.. Religion doesn't follow mental illness, but mental illness follows religion.

Tell it to the Catholic priests.  Church harbors and defends pedophiles, it has been doing it for hundreds of years.

Fucking altar boys has been strictly Catholic thing to do.

Cases pedofelia do happen among Catholic priests, but we also know cases when Muslims are zoofeliya. Which is worse? All these cases indicate that any religion is nonsense. But Islamism is the worst nonsense because aggressive.

I don't know about that, I kind of like buddhism, no gods and siht more like spiritualism on a personal level, helping you becoem a better person. Better person towards yourself and towards others.
Buddhism is one of the most aggressive religions. but it was not always so. Buddhism has a very wide distribution in India. Previously, there were many religious conflicts. Any religion provokes conflicts.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:54:07 PM

Then why hate religion?

Do you hate people who rape 8 years old kids, over and over?  Or steal money from poor or handicapped?

I also hate atheist who do those things. Should I just hate the human species then?

raping a 8yr old kid should not involve a religion, those people should be hated and castrated no matter the religion status, and  I've never read that it says that raping kids is ok, unless it's Islam where Muhammad was married to a kid... But the person can be, a christian, atheist, pagan,etc.. Religion doesn't follow mental illness, but mental illness follows religion.

Tell it to the Catholic priests.  Church harbors and defends pedophiles, it has been doing it for hundreds of years.

Cases pedofelia do happen among Catholic priests, but we also know cases when Muslims are zoofeliya. Which is worse? All these cases indicate that any religion is nonsense. But Islamism is the worst nonsense because aggressive.

I don't know about that, I kind of like buddhism, no gods and siht more like spiritualism on a personal level, helping you becoem a better person. Better person towards yourself and towards others.

Well, at least we know you are not an atheist. After all, you don't know if God exists or not. Atheists claim He doesn't. But they don't know it for sure. So, they are liars. You would rather ignore the question altogether.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:55:18 PM

@BADecker  merry Christmas!  Merry, meaning of course : cheerful,
                                                                                                      cheery,
                                                                                                      in high spirits,
                                                                                                      high-spirited,
                                                                                                      bright,
                                                                                                      sunny,
                                                                                                      smiling,
                                                                                                      lighthearted,
                                                                                                      buoyant,
                                                                                                      lively,
                                                                                                      carefree,
                                                                                                      without a care in the world,
                                                                                                      joyful, joyous, jolly,
                                                                                                      convivial,
                                                                                                      festive,
                                                                                                      mirthful,
                                                                                                      gleeful, happy, glad, laughing
  Smiley
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 10:15:06 PM

@BADecker  merry Christmas!  Merry, meaning of course : cheerful,
                                                                                                      cheery,
                                                                                                      in high spirits,
                                                                                                      high-spirited,
                                                                                                      bright,
                                                                                                      sunny,
                                                                                                      smiling,
                                                                                                      lighthearted,
                                                                                                      buoyant,
                                                                                                      lively,
                                                                                                      carefree,
                                                                                                      without a care in the world,
                                                                                                      joyful, joyous, jolly,
                                                                                                      convivial,
                                                                                                      festive,
                                                                                                      mirthful,
                                                                                                      gleeful, happy, glad, laughing
  Smiley

And a Merry Christmas to you, in the sense of celebration, not in the sense of God. You are such a fun gal.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 12:59:48 PM

Anyone who claims that they are not religious but make judgments about religious topics (eg: truth of the Bible, non-existence of God, morality of adultery, etc.) has made a religious statement. Belief in naturalism by atheists is their faith.

stats

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:40:53 PM

Anyone who claims that they are not religious but make judgments about religious topics (eg: truth of the Bible, non-existence of God, morality of adultery, etc.) has made a religious statement. Belief in naturalism by atheists is their faith.

Actually, anyone who seeks questions about truth is seeking knowledge - not religion.
Drowzy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:26:39 PM

Religious people are always trying to prove they are better than you. Here we have one of them calling us inferior. Same shit as ISIS only non violent.. Its no wonder religion has caused so much suffering world wide. Its followers look down upon other religious beliefs as well as non believers. Completely the opposite of what their holy books teach them.

You sir need more church and less bitcointalk it seems..
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 02:31:46 PM

Not really.  Just like

criticising hunting will not make you a hunter

or criticizing prostitution will not make you a prostitute

BTW, naturalism is not a faith, it is a worldview.  By DEFINITION, no faith is required to have this position.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:54:59 PM

Actually, anyone who seeks questions about truth is seeking knowledge - not religion.

As usual, you forgot to look up the definitions.    Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:01:10 PM

Not really.  Just like

criticising hunting will not make you a hunter - Will make you a religious critic of hunting.

or criticizing prostitution will not make you a prostitute - Will make you a religious critic of prostitution.

BTW, naturalism is not a faith, it is a worldview.  By DEFINITION, no faith is required to have this position. - By nature of mankind, faith is required in everything, because nobody knows what will happen in the next second. We live by faith. If we didn't, we would go crazy with fear.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:07:17 PM

Religious people are always trying to prove they are better than you. Here we have one of them calling us inferior. Same shit as ISIS only non violent.. Its no wonder religion has caused so much suffering world wide. Its followers look down upon other religious beliefs as well as non believers. Completely the opposite of what their holy books teach them.

You sir need more church and less bitcointalk it seems..

People who try to be non-religious are always proving that they are hypocritical, or at least weak thinkers. Here we have someone claiming that someone else is calling non-religious claiming people inferior, when the opposite is true. The non-religious claiming person is calling himself and the rest of his kind inferior.

In the spirit of keeping the non-religious claiming people NON-inferior, one must agree with them, at least in this instance. So they ARE inferior, by their own claim.

Tongue

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:02:16 AM

Not really.  Just like

criticising hunting will not make you a hunter - Will make you a religious critic of hunting.

or criticizing prostitution will not make you a prostitute - Will make you a religious critic of prostitution.

BTW, naturalism is not a faith, it is a worldview.  By DEFINITION, no faith is required to have this position. - By nature of mankind, faith is required in everything, because nobody knows what will happen in the next second. We live by faith. If we didn't, we would go crazy with fear.

Cool

I think people who need answers for everything need God concept to fill in the gaps in their knowledge.  I am not afraid to say: "I don't know" instead of "God did it".
You are finally catching on a little. They call these kinds of people scientists.

I don't believe in any Gods, ghosts or any supernatural phenomena.   I don't know what is going to happen next, but I'm not afraid.
Obviously, you are SAYING that you don't believe. But the fact that you adamantly say that there is no God, when you don't know for a fact that there is no God, shows that you are setting yourself up as god, higher than any God or potential god... especially in view of all the evidence and facts that show God, that I and many others proclaim. So, you are quite mixed up, and need some spiritual or psychological guidance.

I must be a different human subspecies, I have a missing 'faith' gene :-)

Don't pick on yourself like that. You aren't some kind of a different subhuman species. The fact that God is maintaining order and stability in everything, gives us all a feeling of false security. But if we didn't have it, there would be no pleasure or joy or laughing or fun in life. And God wants us to have these things... according to the ways that are beneficial for us, that He shows us in His Word, the Bible.

Cool

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:00:37 AM

Then why hate religion?

Well, at least we know you are not an atheist. After all, you don't know if God exists or not. Atheists claim He doesn't. But they don't know it for sure. So, they are liars. You would rather ignore the question altogether.

Cool

Well, to be honest, I've never considered myself an atheist, I do like buddhism because as I said because of it's impact on your body and spirit. I don't know if god exists or not, maybehe does, maybe he doesnt, maybe he exists but left the Earth to ourselves.. who knows, but the situation right now is point to non existance of god of any kind.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:43:06 AM

Then why hate religion?

Cool

Well, to be honest, I've never considered myself an atheist, I do like buddhism because as I said because of it's impact on your body and spirit. I don't know if god exists or not, maybehe does, maybe he doesnt, maybe he exists but left the Earth to ourselves.. who knows, but the situation right now is point to non existance of god of any kind.

You keep ignoring the evidence and the proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Cool

stats

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 05:00:50 AM

As usual, you forgot to look up the definitions.    Cool

Definition of what?

Religion: noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

noun
noun: naturalism
(in art and literature) a style and theory of representation based on the accurate depiction of detail.
"his attack on naturalism in TV drama"
the philosophical belief that everything arises from natural properties and causes, and supernatural or spiritual explanations are excluded or discounted.
"this romanticized attitude to the world did conflict with his avowed naturalism"
(in moral philosophy) the theory that ethical statements can be derived from non-ethical ones.

I do not believe in a supernatural power "especially a god or gods" therefore I question those who do. This gives me knowledge.

Learn to read!

btcmylove

Activity: 317

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 05:07:58 AM

In fact, the existence of God does not matter, it is common sense, logic, based on the two reasons, based on rational morality. Maybe religion is not necessary, but faith is indispensable. Even if there is no God, a God must be made.
Indijanos

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:32:25 AM

In fact, the existence of God does not matter, it is common sense, logic, based on the two reasons, based on rational morality. Maybe religion is not necessary, but faith is indispensable. Even if there is no God, a God must be made.

and due to lack of knowledge and fear of the unknown, a God was made.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:56:23 AM

As usual, you forgot to look up the definitions.    Cool

Definition of what?

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

noun
(in art and literature) a style and theory of representation based on the accurate depiction of detail.
the philosophical belief that everything arises from natural properties and causes, and supernatural or spiritual explanations are excluded or discounted.
"this romanticized attitude to the world did conflict with his avowed naturalism"
(in moral philosophy) the theory that ethical statements can be derived from non-ethical ones.

I do not believe in a supernatural power "especially a god or gods" therefore I question those who do. This gives me knowledge.

Learn to read!

Now YOU learn to read. From Dictionary.com, at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7. religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion:
a religion to one's vow.

Note number 6 in the definition. The more you attempt to make atheism to not be a religion, the more you force it into the realm of religious activity according to number 6. Other aspects of the atheism religion fit the definition of religion as well.

Consider. A few things that prove that God exists are listed here:
There are many more when you search for them.

Since God exists, you are setting yourself up as god over God when you say He doesn't. In order to set yourself up against the God of the universe in a meaningful way, you have to be very strong willed. Your strong will is your religion according to number 1 of the definition.

Since you are unwilling to admit to the truth when it is stuck right in front of you, and especially when your actions prove that you are doing the exact things that you are saying you are not doing (maintaining a religion with yourself), you are a liar, and shouldn't be trusted in anything.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 01:43:32 PM

Definition of what?

noun

Learn to read!

Now YOU learn to read. From Dictionary.com, at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:

to enter religion.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:

a religion to one's vow.

Note number 6 in the definition. The more you attempt to make atheism to not be a religion, the more you force it into the realm of religious activity according to number 6. Other aspects of the atheism religion fit the definition of religion as well.

Since God exists, you are setting yourself up as god over God when you say He doesn't. In order to set yourself up against the God of the universe in a meaningful way, you have to be very strong willed. Your strong will is your religion according to number 1 of the definition.

Since you are unwilling to admit to the truth when it is stuck right in front of you, and especially when your actions prove that you are doing the exact things that you are saying you are not doing (maintaining a religion with yourself), you are a liar, and shouldn't be trusted in anything.

Cool

God does not exist.  We have many unknowns.  God is not any of them.  God is well understood.  It is an imaginary friend, can be reduced to an emotion people experience.

Religion thought Earth was flat and was at the center of the universe.  Today we know that is not the case. 

Religious people were burning people alive for stating what they observed in the real world.  Talk about insanity.

You post some nonsense, as your proof?  You are delusional. 

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:03:14 PM

Definition of what?

noun

Learn to read!

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

to enter religion.

a religion to one's vow.

Cool

God does not exist.  We have many unknowns.  God is not any of them.  God is well understood.  It is an imaginary friend, can be reduced to an emotion people experience.

Religion thought Earth was flat and was at the center of the universe.  Today we know that is not the case. 

Religious people were burning people alive for stating what they observed in the real world.  Talk about insanity.

You post some nonsense, as your proof?  You are delusional. 

There you go again, contradicting the scientific proof I have shown in the links above.

On top of it, you claim that religion thinks. Are you believing in metaphysics when you make this claim?

Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and a whole bunch of other religious atheists were way more practical. They didn't wast time on burning people at the stake. The just shot them.

However, thanks for posting your stuff. But I should be gentle with the weak minded.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: