Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:30:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901264 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:58:15 AM

I follow the Bible completely because of these two things.

Cool

So do you do this:

Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19

And how many Slaves do you own?

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46

As you have stated you follow your Bible completely, surely you can answer these 2 simple questions. Or, do you prefer to only follow the parts which appeal to your sense of well being?

Certainly I can answer these two questions directly. But like as there are some things that you wouldn't answer directly, even so there are things that I am not going to answer. Rather, let the answer be as I have already stated.

The Bible tells us that on his own, nobody can follow the Bible completely and accurately. I follow this teaching, so, I follow the Bible completely and accurately by not following it completely and accurately.

Jesus followed the Bible perfectly. When He died on the cross, He took the punishment for all my inabilities and inaccuracies. Now (since His resurrection), He offers His perfection to me. So now, I can follow the Bible accurately and completely through Jesus, no matter how I follow it.

The result is eternal salvation for me because I accept the perfection Jesus is offering to me. People who do not accept the perfection of Jesus will receive eternal damnation.

I don't know who these people are, one way or the other. I don't know if you follow Jesus in your heart even though, in this forum, you might state that you don't. But if you do accept Jesus, there will come a time that you WILL state such, formally, or else you will lose your salvation.

Cool

Just out of curiosity, can you direct me to the exact wording in your bible which says "nobody can follow the Bible completely and accurately". This is not something I believe to be in there. However, I am happy to be proven wrong on this occasion.
http://biblehub.com/romans/3-23.htm >>> Romans 3:23 >>> for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

http://biblehub.com/psalms/14-3.htm >>> Psalm 14:3 >>> All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Now if you say that this isn't talking about following the Bible, you are wrong. It IS about following the Bible and the Law of God, which is in the Bible.

I think you have misread your holy book and placed your own interpretation onto it. Of course by doing so you have broken yet another rule of your bible:
2 Peter 1:20-21 "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things"
I think that you assume that because you say something about me, that you are right, when you are not necessarily right.

Therefore, this would imply that your bible is the word of your God and as such should be followed completely.

As you do not follow it completely by your own admission: "by not following it completely and accurately" any statements you make and have made are now worthless and null and void.
That's the nice thing about having a God Who has provided salvation for all who believe in Him.
http://biblehub.com/john/6-28.htm >>> John 6:28 >>> Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
http://biblehub.com/john/6-29.htm >>> John 6:29 >>> Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

Jesus followed God's Word (the Bible) completely and perfectly. He applies this perfection to those who believe in Him.

Please make up your mind if you intend on following your Bible completely or if you believe yourself to be mightier than your God and can pick and choose which parts you follow. Once you decide, if you can please let us know so we know which one of your many personalities we are dealing with that would be most helpful.

Have a nice day!  

I follow the Bible completely and perfectly, even when I DON'T follow it completely and perfectly, because I do the work of God. As noted above, the work of God is to believe the one He has sent, namely Jesus. Jesus applies His complete and perfect following of the Bible to me because I believe in Him.

However, I see YOU have made your mind up already. You don't care to believe in God or the Bible. If you did, you would know that the things that I am saying are right.

Change while you have time. Eternity is long, and you won't enjoy the pains of Hell.

Cool

For all of your "dribble", nowhere is the wording "nobody can follow the Bible completely and accurately". Therefore, you are making your own assumptions on what Your Bible is saying.

This is why the Bible is a fallacy, a good story book and nothing more. You are no different than those before you who have translated and re-written the book to suit their own agenda.

Please follow the words of your bible. You tell us that it is all powerful, yet you do not follow it. If this is the case, I suggest Lord of the Rings, it has a much better story line.

Change while you have time. Eternity is long, and you won't enjoy the pains of Hell.

Cool

For the record, this is not a threat to me..... no such thing as hell! But if there is...... sounds like a great place to be.... lots of company!

Since I have shown that I DO follow the words of the Bible, even when I don't, but you are unwilling to even read what I write, remember these things in the time of great trouble that is coming on you. Remember the things I wrote. Perhaps the Lord will be merciful enough to you that He will give you the chance to turn before it is too late for you.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:12:42 AM

By the definition - atheists doesnt hate religion, and those who hate religions are called antytheists. Thats a very distinct difference. Because if you are trully an atheist you just dont give a shit about any theistic aka dogmatic believes. Dogmas are as far from you as a snow are from an africans. And from my perspective its the believers of dogma, who implies thru the psychological mechanism of projections, their hatred towards the atheists. So the subject should be - why Religious people hate atheists, and why the atheists even bother?

Of course atheists don't hate religion. They have their own, loosely knit religion called atheism.

Antitheists are simply atheists who aren't sure about their religion. That's why they fight. They think that if they can do away with theism, their religion will become real and true.

Many atheists have dogmas within their atheism religion.

Actually, it is atheists who are hating themselves. They are setting themselves up as judges, judging that there is no God, when they do not know that there is no God. They do it because they hate God. But by setting themselves up as something greater than God, by going so far as to say that He does not exist when they don't know it, they are making themselves out to be gods above God. Then they oppose themselves by remaining atheists.

Religious people of religions other than atheism don't hate atheists. Rather, the other religions are trying to show the atheists, who have fallen for lies just like the people who believe the Nigerian email scams, that their religion is completely ridiculous. Atheists are so blinded by self hate that they think that it is the people of other religions that are hating them, when others are trying to save them.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:18:11 AM

By the definition - atheists doesnt hate religion, and those who hate religions are called antytheists. Thats a very distinct difference. Because if you are trully an atheist you just dont give a shit about any theistic aka dogmatic believes. Dogmas are as far from you as a snow are from an africans. And from my perspective its the believers of dogma, who implies thru the psychological mechanism of projections, their hatred towards the atheists. So the subject should be - why Religious people hate atheists, and why the atheists even bother?
Religions themselves are spreading enmity and hatred towards atheists and other religions. Attempts to shift the responsibility for the hostility of atheists is untenable.

It should be realized that atheism is also a religion that is spreading hatred and enmity against other religions.

Cool

Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:32:25 AM

Religions themselves are spreading enmity and hatred towards atheists and other religions. Attempts to shift the responsibility for the hostility of atheists is untenable.

It should be realized that atheism is also a religion that is spreading hatred and enmity against other religions.

Cool

Those are antytheists like Dawkins. He is antydogmatic in his own eyes because he believes in evolution which is a set of doghmas. Atheism is not a believe system but evolutionary theory is. Just like human made global warming. Those 2 things are extremely dogmatic and unscientific.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:38:10 AM

Cool

Those are antytheists like Dawkins. He is antydogmatic in his own eyes because he believes in evolution which is a set of doghmas. Atheism is not a believe system but evolutionary theory is. Just like human made global warming. Those 2 things are extremely dogmatic and unscientific.

I would agree with this, except for one thing. Over the years Dawkins has figured out ways to fight theism. He has memorized and written them down. He has become very dogmatic in his own way.

Cool

stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:03:55 AM

Since I have shown that I DO follow the words of the Bible, even when I don't, but you are unwilling to even read what I write, remember these things in the time of great trouble that is coming on you. Remember the things I wrote. Perhaps the Lord will be merciful enough to you that He will give you the chance to turn before it is too late for you.

Cool

How ironic that you choose to ignore your god's commands when it suits you!

James 1:22 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

I wonder how your god will feel about you disobeying his words and making your own decisions based on his words?

Samuel 12:15 "If you will not listen to the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the command of the LORD, then the hand of the LORD will be against you, as it was against your fathers.

I'm guessing Badecker that you not following the word of your God completely..... you are screwed!

Oh well..... it won't be so bad... if your God turns out to be real, you will have me for company for eternity! How bad can that be?
MiSKLaCH

Activity: 417
Merit: 253

I hate everyone, equally.

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:14:38 AM

Oh well..... it won't be so bad... if your God turns out to be real, you will have me for company for eternity! How bad can that be?

You, Sir, made my day!!!  Grin Grin Grin

I hate everyone, equally.
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:17:37 AM

You, Sir, made my day!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Happy to help!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:51:46 PM

Cool

James 1:22 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

I wonder how your god will feel about you disobeying his words and making your own decisions based on his words?

Samuel 12:15 "If you will not listen to the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the command of the LORD, then the hand of the LORD will be against you, as it was against your fathers.

I'm guessing Badecker that you not following the word of your God completely..... you are screwed!

Absolutely! I entirely do what the word says. I do it through Jesus, my Savior, who said that the work of God is to believe in the One God sent, namely Jesus.

Your reminder that I do what God says in his Word, even if it is through my proxy, Jesus, gives me renewed peace. And if and when I make mistakes in life, it is Jesus Who deals with me in grace and mercy and forgiveness.

Now, YOU. Do you have Jesus in your heart? Do you believe in Him? Because if you don't, you are doomed to Hell... unless you change and believe.

I won't be in Hell with you. But, you will be in too much pain, roasting there for you sin, to even take note of anyone else. And especially you and a few more in this forum, because you have great opportunity to change through my urging, but don't change. Those people who have had little chance to change in life, will receive little pain in Hell.

Wake up before it is too late. If you live a hundred years in this life, it might seem long. But it is short compared with eternity. And, you don't know when your life will end. You might live for another hundred years, but you might die later today. You just don't know. Turn now.

Cool

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:06:45 PM

Cool

Absolutely! I entirely do what the word says. I do it through Jesus, my Savior, who said that the work of God is to believe in the One God sent, namely Jesus.

Your reminder that I do what God says in his Word, even if it is through my proxy, Jesus, gives me renewed peace. And if and when I make mistakes in life, it is Jesus Who deals with me in grace and mercy and forgiveness.

Now, YOU. Do you have Jesus in your heart? Do you believe in Him? Because if you don't, you are doomed to Hell... unless you change and believe.

I won't be in Hell with you. But, you will be in too much pain, roasting there for you sin, to even take note of anyone else. And especially you and a few more in this forum, because you have great opportunity to change through my urging, but don't change. Those people who have had little chance to change in life, will receive little pain in Hell.

Wake up before it is too late. If you live a hundred years in this life, it might seem long. But it is short compared with eternity. And, you don't know when your life will end. You might live for another hundred years, but you might die later today. You just don't know. Turn now.

I can't help but find this thread pleasantly cathartic, especially when BADdecker posts. Hahaha  Cheesy 

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:01:09 PM

I have met quite a number of Atheist and even some that were even very vast in matters of religion but at a point they just decide to stop the believe but I think the reason they hate religion ( especially those who had been a believer) is because they now have much reasons provided and explanations to the "supernatural" they once hold dearly and they felt "my intelligence has been insulted all this while" and that is the most annoying thing to happen to anyone...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:40:26 AM

Cool

I can't help but find this thread pleasantly cathartic, especially when BADdecker posts. Hahaha  Cheesy 

Since the dictionary definition of the word "religion" shows that atheism is a religion, you need to realize that the topic question is misleading.

Cool

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:20:02 AM

I have met quite a number of Atheist and even some that were even very vast in matters of religion but at a point they just decide to stop the believe but I think the reason they hate religion ( especially those who had been a believer) is because they now have much reasons provided and explanations to the "supernatural" they once hold dearly and they felt "my intelligence has been insulted all this while" and that is the most annoying thing to happen to anyone...

I do not believe in any god but I don't consider myself an atheist, since I follow the philosophy of buddhism and it helps me. But I do believe in ghosts, tbh and in paranormal at all. I spend a lot of time on 4chans /x/. But those people who says something  stupid trying to be above everyone else and just being cringey are cancer.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:20:15 AM

Antitheists

Good distinction!

Now these Crusaders can start an all-new thread to harass and bully and call people names, all in the name of their god.

That's all they've done here.
morgand

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:39:34 AM

A : with out
theist : belief in the existence of a God or Gods

in my opinion, Atheist: they dont hate Religion, they dont even care about it. They are free doing anything because they believe theres no Heaven,Hell,God or afterlife thing. CMIIW
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:42:08 AM

Because if you are trully an atheist you just dont give a shit about any theistic aka dogmatic believes.NOT TRUE?..

I am an atheist and yes i didn't give to shits about theistic aka dogmatic believes then one day out the blue this happened..

Two Muslim men jailed after brutally attacking couple becaue they ...
two-muslim-men-jailed-after-brutally-attacking...
31 Aug 2016 - When the two Arab men noticed ham on the couple's pizza they told them they ... After being accused of eating the ham, which is forbidden.. They then began to beat her male friend before security staff helped them..PARIS

Now you bet i care about religion as an atheist it could save your life..
I.E don't eat ham pizza in Blackburn or Luton Wink..

So why the hate?..You only get battered for eating ham pizza..Whats the problem?..
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:44:22 AM

I am a "Christian" but hate religion. This sums up my views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:51:03 AM

I am a "Christian" but hate religion. This sums up my views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

So there ya go~

END OF THREAD

Atheists don't hate religion.  Christians do!   Grin
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:59:48 AM

So there ya go~

END OF THREAD

Atheists don't hate religion.  Christians do!   Grin

Exactly! Religion is all just all just a bunch of rules and judgment,  I even hate the stigma of being considered a "Christian."
So many Christians overlook this in the Bible. "'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
I am so, so sorry on behalf of judgemental and legalistic Christians. I simply adore everyone unconditionally; gay, straight, white, black, muslim, atheist, etc. I love everyone and I love Jesus because he loved me with an unconditional love even when I hated him; truly giving me hope and new life.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:04:53 AM

I am an atheist and this sums up my views..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc81Un8ltS4

Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: