Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:49:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901262 times)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 02:04:06 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2019, 04:32:27 AM by sirazimuth

https://youtu.be/Z2agGEqgigA

Gonna leave this here.

That was epic dude! thanx.
Ya know... I love how religious retards are always depicted having that cliché ridiculous dopey sounding southern drawl accent.

You misunderstand with your video. God authorizes everything... the righteous for salvation, and the wicked for a day of judgment.

Why does God authorize everything? Because He made things righteous, gave himself to mankind to make the wishes of mankind into reality. It was mankind that started to use unrighteous wishes, not God.

God does things with His strength. This is why He doesn't change from doing the things that people wish for Him to do, even when the things are evil... even though He hates the evil.

Ultimately this universe will be destroyed as though it never existed. The last an ungodly person will see of this universe is when he/she dies. The next thing he will see is the judgment.

A righteous person, at death, will receive a temporary spiritual body, with which he will be able to see the good of the universe, but won't be affected by the bad.

When God finally destroys the universe and replaces it with the new universe, the ungodly will go into the destruction of this universe, but the godly will go into the new universe where evil will never be able to happen again.

This stuff is in the Bible, though not all of it in one place.

Cool

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 08:58:58 AM

Hmm, I think they will only see how insane you are.

It's hard for me to understand why an eternal, all knowing, all powerful being would even care about us, denying or not his existence.

You are literally saying a child rapist and murderer that kills 1 million children and rapes them but accepts god is better than a guy who has no money but still gives 90% of his money to charities but denies god.

What happened to all the, you should not kill, rape etc etc? I guess those laws are useless because as long as you accept god, you are fine.

The essence of our evil lies not only of the crimes we commit and facilitate but also the crimes we would commit and facilitate if we had the power to make them happen.

A murderer who kills and repents may indeed be less evil then a man who denies God and lives an outwardly unassuming life. We do not know the secret hearts of men God does.

Here is a story about a man who has killed 1,200 of his fellow human beings. You will be hard pressed to find someone who has taken more lives. He now clearly regrets his actions and is doing what he can to make amends.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/former-abortionist-i-regret-performing-abortions

Who do you suppose God would be unable to admit into an afterlife this killer of 1,200 who has clearly changed and regrets his actions or a man that has murderered no one but continually wishes for greater power so he can finally actualize his frustrated ambition to torture and murder?

At the end of the day who we are is more important then what we have done. Who we are is determined by our core beliefs.

We have it on good authority that the most important core beliefs are 1) Love God and 2) Love you neighbor as yourself.

Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:35:28 AM

It's hard for me to understand why an eternal, all knowing, all powerful being would even care about us, denying or not his existence.

You are literally saying a child rapist and murderer that kills 1 million children and rapes them but accepts god is better than a guy who has no money but still gives 90% of his money to charities but denies god.

What happened to all the, you should not kill, rape etc etc? I guess those laws are useless because as long as you accept god, you are fine.

The essence of our evil lies not only of the crimes we commit and facilitate but also the crimes we would commit and facilitate if we had the power to make them happen.

A murderer who kills and repents may indeed be less evil then a man who denies God and lives an outwardly unassuming life. We do not know the secret hearts of men God does.

Here is a story about a man who has killed 1,200 of his fellow human beings. You will be hard pressed to find someone who has taken more lives. He now clearly regrets his actions and is doing what he can to make amends.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/former-abortionist-i-regret-performing-abortions

Who do you suppose God would be unable to admit into an afterlife this killer of 1,200 who has clearly changed and regrets his actions or a man that has murderered no one but continually wishes for greater power so he can finally actualize his frustrated ambition to torture and murder?

At the end of the day who we are is more important then what we have done. Who we are is determined by our core beliefs.

We have it on good authority that the most important core beliefs are 1) Love God and 2) Love you neighbor as yourself.

''Who do you suppose God would be unable to admit into an afterlife this killer of 1,200 who has clearly changed and regrets his actions or a man that has murderered no one but continually wishes for greater power so he can finally actualize his frustrated ambition to torture and murder?''

That's only assuming that the man who hasn't murdered anyone is waiting to have more power to start murdering people, which is not the case in my example and I believe most people. In fact, if you wanted to kill someone, you could, right now, without needing any kind of power, anyone can murder anyone at basically any point with just a weapon, even your own hands. The example I gave is a good man, that was good his entire life vs a bad man who murdered people but then repented. In our society, we consider the second one the worst one. He killed people that we can't bring back, in fact, he took their freedom, what if they didn't repent or weren't believers when they were murdered but would have been if they still lived?

Now you might say the classic, but god knows everything, well then, why all this?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 01:35:25 PM

A murderer who kills and repents may indeed be less evil then a man who denies God and lives an outwardly unassuming life. ...

I think your moral compass is skewed.

If I live my selfless life helping others, caring for poor and needy, never harmed anyone, I am eviler than a murderer just because I think that the fictional characters are fictional?

Who thought you such garbage?  Ask for a refund.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 02:16:24 PM

''Who do you suppose God would be unable to admit into an afterlife this killer of 1,200 who has clearly changed and regrets his actions or a man that has murderered no one but continually wishes for greater power so he can finally actualize his frustrated ambition to torture and murder?''

That's only assuming that the man who hasn't murdered anyone is waiting to have more power to start murdering people, which is not the case in my example and I believe most people. In fact, if you wanted to kill someone, you could, right now, without needing any kind of power, anyone can murder anyone at basically any point with just a weapon, even your own hands. The example I gave is a good man, that was good his entire life vs a bad man who murdered people but then repented. In our society, we consider the second one the worst one. He killed people that we can't bring back, in fact, he took their freedom, what if they didn't repent or weren't believers when they were murdered but would have been if they still lived?

Now you might say the classic, but god knows everything, well then, why all this?

Are people going to die? Yes. Do people need to be killed to die? No. People simply die of old age. Modern science is doing all it can to find ways to extend the lives of people in meaningful ways. They have failed, so far. The Hunzas, and the people of Vilcabamba, still outlive most people on average... and without all the science.

The point? Saving the essence of life, the soul.

God didn't make people so they should die. Death was induced by the devil, and accepted by the people. God is saving the people through Jesus work on the cross. But because of what people are, they can still reject salvation.

What is salvation? It is the saving of the spiritual essence part of us that says "I am." What is it saved for? Resurrection to a new universe. Who gets saved? Those who believe in God and Jesus salvation. Why only those? Because by rejecting God, people reject the only thing that holds them alive at all. Science can't hold them alive. And even when it can a touch, science can't stop the destruction of the universe when that happens.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 02:20:18 PM

A murderer who kills and repents may indeed be less evil then a man who denies God and lives an outwardly unassuming life. ...

If I live my selfless life helping others, caring for poor and needy, never harmed anyone, I am eviler than a murderer just because I think that the fictional characters are fictional?

Who thought you such garbage?  Ask for a refund.

Your thinking is skewed. Any imperfection is a killer... not only the imperfection of people killing people. The idea is to be saved out of the imperfection. That is what God does through repentance from unbelief in God and Jesus salvation, be it an imperfect killer, or a person who is imperfect in any other way.

An atheist is dumber than the demons. The demons at least know that God exists, even though they are locked into their position of being against God.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 04:05:45 PM

Your thinking is skewed. Any imperfection is a killer... not only the imperfection of people killing people. The idea is to be saved out of the imperfection. That is what God does through repentance from unbelief in God and Jesus salvation, be it an imperfect killer, or a person who is imperfect in any other way.

An atheist is dumber than the demons. The demons at least know that God exists, even though they are locked into their position of being against God.

Cool

Why did God create Atheists dumber than demons?  To punish them in the hereafter? 

Your Honor, I submit to you the proof that God had malicious intent.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 04:41:00 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2019, 05:07:03 PM by CoinCube

You may indeed do all those good things now. Maybe you are the utterly selfless individual Astargath was imagining upthread.

In that event it is unquestionable that you are going good in the here and now and should be commended for it. However that’s not the most important question when discussing an afterlife. More important then what you have done so far is what you would do if given tremendously more power then you currently have and an eternity of time to work with.

What fundamental core belief do hold that will keep you on the path of good. After eons of serving the poor and needy what would prevent you from ever becomming bored and deciding one day to glorify and serve yourself with your great power instead of using it to serve others?

The answer of course is that it is the genuine acceptance that we are the stewards not the owners of God’s creation that our accomplishments are a reflection of his glory not our own. That willing subjugation is what prevents the self from becomming destructive.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 06:43:38 PM

You may indeed do all those good things now. Maybe you are the utterly selfless individual Astargath was imagining upthread.

In that event it is unquestionable that you are going good in the here and now and should be commended for it. However that’s not the most important question when discussing an afterlife. More important then what you have done so far is what you would do if given tremendously more power then you currently have and an eternity of time to work with.

What fundamental core belief do hold that will keep you on the path of good. After eons of serving the poor and needy what would prevent you from ever becomming bored and deciding one day to glorify and serve yourself with your great power instead of using it to serve others?

The answer of course is that it is the genuine acceptance that we are the stewards not the owners of God’s creation that our accomplishments are a reflection of his glory not our own. That willing subjugation is what prevents the self from becomming destructive.

Subjugation to the Bronze Age way of thinking can bring you to destruction in a New York minute.

Fictional characters remain fictional, no matter what you or I believe.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 08:16:55 PM

Subjugation to the Bronze Age way of thinking can bring you to destruction in a New York minute.

Actually the opposite is true. Rejecting God is what brings destruction down upon you. It is not the destruction of a vengeful entity but the tragedy of foolish self destruction. Most people don’t understand the foundation their society was built upon and what is necessary to sustain it.

Your error is your focus. Your seem to think that the important question is what exists out there apart from you.
That is certainly an interesting question but ultimitally secondary.

The important question is what exists inside of you. What is there at your essence that can be built upon.
God is something transforms you a necessary foundation.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7862

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 08:20:34 PM

So god is a fictional character?

I personally know that I don’t know that igod  is fictional.
I also personally know that I don’t know that god is real.

Since I simply don’t know which is true and that is the real truth for me I don’t choose to believe in either one.

I live my life as if it is real and it matters what I do to myself and the rest of the people that seem to be in the same spot that I am in.

I also wonder if god believers were given something extra to have that belief.
I also wonder if atheists were given something extra to have that belief.

I hope one day I will be able to know which to believe but if I don’t no biggie.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 08:31:32 PM

Actually the opposite is true. Rejecting God is what brings destruction down upon you. It is not the destruction of a vengeful entity but the tragedy of foolish self destruction. Most people don’t understand the foundation their society was built upon and what is necessary to sustain it.

Your error is your focus. Your seem to think that the important question is what exists out there apart from you.
That is certainly an interesting question but ultimitally secondary.

The important question is what exists inside of you. What is there at your essence that can be built upon.
God is something transforms you a necessary foundation.

99% of the human body is composed of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_of_the_human_body

When you die, the atoms in your body end up in something else.

BTW, it is not 'God' who is transforming you, it is you who is transforming you, but you deluded yourself to think it is 'God'.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 08:35:14 PM

So god is a fictional character?

I personally know that I don’t know that igod  is fictional.
I also personally know that I don’t know that god is real.

Since I simply don’t know which is true and that is the real truth for me I don’t choose to believe in either one.

I live my life as if it is real and it matters what I do to myself and the rest of the people that seem to be in the same spot that I am in.

I also wonder if god believers were given something extra to have that belief.
I also wonder if atheists were given something extra to have that belief.

I hope one day I will be able to know which to believe but if I don’t no biggie.

Of course.  The God character is only in fictional books.  You will not find God character in your science or history book.
Only religious fairy tales (aka scriptures) present this character.

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:43:59 PM

Most atheists aren't really atheists. It's not that they don't believe in God they just have something against God. They're actually theist that don't agree with what God has done, is doing and will do.
They are ignorant of who God is because they either never read His word or don't know it or have accepted somebody's cursory biased interpretation of it.
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." -Hosea 4:6
Then there are those that have ears and don't hear. In other words, they claim to be on the side of reason and logic and yet refuse to listen, read or hear any dissenting views.
"They have ears, but cannot hear."-Psalm 115:6
These are a few of the inconsistencies and downright hypocrisies of atheism. Jesus did not argue, he spoke and those that wanted to hear, heard and those that loved him followed him.
There's no point in arguing with those that have already made up their minds, no matter what you say.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 10:20:47 PM

Here is a video on this topic that I enjoyed watching. It’s one of my favorite essays by of C.S. Lewis’s narrated and put to video.

Man or Rabbit by C.S. Lewis
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fR1vSxNEQ

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 10:27:49 PM

BTW, it is not 'God' who is transforming you, it is you who is transforming you

Those are not mutually exclusive possibilities.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 11:45:59 PM

Why do you need a new word for it?  If it is energy that is within us, call it that and be done with it.

Why continue to use this intricate mythology around the concepts that are well understood today?

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 12:40:42 AM

Why do you need a new word for it?  If it is energy that is within us, call it that and be done with it.

Why continue to use this intricate mythology around the concepts that are well understood today?

Not sure I am following you? What new word?

We bring God into this world via our faith and subsequent actions. In the process we transform both ourselves and the world. We are the ones doing the work but the work and transformation is only possible because of God.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 12:57:55 AM

Why do you need a new word for it?  If it is energy that is within us, call it that and be done with it.

Not sure I am following you? What new word?

We bring God into this world via our faith and subsequent actions. In the process we transform both ourselves and the world. We are the ones doing the work but the work and transformation is only possible because of God.

I meant to say another word: God.  Energy is energy.  You don't need an ancient nomenclature to describe energy.  People who wrote scriptures did not know what energy was so they came up with some magical description of the world.  They did not know what planet they were on, what is the function of Sun, what was in their bodies, what the sky they saw was etc.  

What transformation are you talking about?  Are you 'transforming' right now?

Can you post the before and after pictures from your transformation?  What exactly did you transform?  Please be specific.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 01:14:15 AM

What transformation are you talking about?  Are you 'transforming' right now?

Can you post the before and after pictures from your transformation?  What exactly did you transform?  Please be specific.

Maybe a computer science analogy will be easier for you to follow? When you download an operating system onto a computer what kind of transformation is that? Physically the change is unobservable the computer and hard drive look exactly the same. Nevertheless the functional changes and the effect on the behavior of the system is profound.

Choosing God is the human version of this general type of transformation a revision to the core operating system. Nearly completely unobservable yet at the same time fundamental.

Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: