Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901265 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:09:29 AM

Well, a significant number of atheist's don't hate religion, after all a religion is nothing more than a set of beliefs, traditions and rituals, what it really bothers some atheist are religious people with the attitude of: I know better than you how you should live your life or go you'll burn in hell.

Nobody should hate religion. Religious folks should respect atheism for what it is, a religion. Atheists should not condemn those other religions that are trying to save them; they should welcome and respect those who want to save people, even if their method is misinformed.

Atheists are people living their religion. Their religion might be vastly different than some other religions. The reason they live their religion as they do is, they think their religion is right. If they didn't think their religion was right, they would live their life in some other way, according to some other religion.

If the particular form of religious atheism some atheists live, happens to suggest that they don't care enough about other people, so that they feel that other people can live their life with the religion of THEIR choice, however foolish that choice of religion might seem, perhaps those atheists simply aren't very caring in an area of their lives that some others would deem an important way to care about people of other religions.

If the religious atheism of some atheists allows or demands that they openly ridicule, laugh at, or scorn people of other religions, they are acting similar to the way some people of other religions act toward them about their atheism religion.

Nobody but a vegetable lives in a religious vacuum... and maybe not even they.

Smiley

While i agree partially with what you wrote, the part that i bolded about your post is something that simply put, does not conform with the real world.

Some people hate religion, countrys, cultures,etc. Even if that hate is mistaken they still do it. And there is nothing we can do about it.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:10:27 PM

Well, a significant number of atheist's don't hate religion, after all a religion is nothing more than a set of beliefs, traditions and rituals, what it really bothers some atheist are religious people with the attitude of: I know better than you how you should live your life or go you'll burn in hell.

Nobody should hate religion. Religious folks should respect atheism for what it is, a religion. Atheists should not condemn those other religions that are trying to save them; they should welcome and respect those who want to save people, even if their method is misinformed.

Atheists are people living their religion. Their religion might be vastly different than some other religions. The reason they live their religion as they do is, they think their religion is right. If they didn't think their religion was right, they would live their life in some other way, according to some other religion.

If the particular form of religious atheism some atheists live, happens to suggest that they don't care enough about other people, so that they feel that other people can live their life with the religion of THEIR choice, however foolish that choice of religion might seem, perhaps those atheists simply aren't very caring in an area of their lives that some others would deem an important way to care about people of other religions.

If the religious atheism of some atheists allows or demands that they openly ridicule, laugh at, or scorn people of other religions, they are acting similar to the way some people of other religions act toward them about their atheism religion.

Smiley

While i agree partially with what you wrote, the part that i bolded about your post is something that simply put, does not conform with the real world.

Some people hate religion, countrys, cultures,etc. Even if that hate is mistaken they still do it. And there is nothing we can do about it.

Since you made reference to the bolded part above, does that mean that you think that some people SHOULD hate religion? Or were you only stating that you believe it is impractical to think that the world could ever exist without some people hating religion?

A person who hates religion has a religion of hate against religion. This means that he hates himself or his own beliefs, though probably he doesn't realize it.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:14:50 PM

I hate extreme believers (extremists) that want to convince other people or even threaten/murder them if they don't become one of their followers. Those monsters have nothing to do with religion.

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:30:06 PM

I hate extreme believers (extremists) that want to convince other people or even threaten/murder them if they don't become one of their followers. Those monsters have nothing to do with religion.

Hate is an extreme emotion. In fact it is so extreme that it becomes something greater than simply emotion. How close are you to wanting to destroy yourself because your hate is directed at the same kind of thing that you, by your own admission, are?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:58:35 PM

Hate is an extreme emotion. In fact it is so extreme that it becomes something greater than simply emotion. How close are you to wanting to destroy yourself because your hate is directed at the same kind of thing that you, by your own admission, are?

Smiley

It doesn't have to become greater, it's already great. Don't you hate pedophiles? Murderers of innocent children/people? Or you just don't like them? Or do you like them?  Your comment makes no sense at all, unless you're sick like them. And please define the word monster. I respect each and everyone, except for the humans killing innocent in the name of God.

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:37:47 PM

Smiley

Since you made reference to the bolded part above, does that mean that you think that some people SHOULD hate religion? Or were you only stating that you believe it is impractical to think that the world could ever exist without some people hating religion?

A person who hates religion has a religion of hate against religion. This means that he hates himself or his own beliefs, though probably he doesn't realize it.

Smiley

Do I believe that some people should hate religion? The answer is no.

People have feelings, and those feeling must be directed at something, even if the direction that those feelings take is a mistaken one.

As an example, sometime ago I read an article about a trend in Japan, in which young men “marry” digital characters. While this will seem odd (at best) the truth of the matter is that people feel love, and that love is going to be directed at someone or something and we are unable to control where other people are going to direct their feelings.

Hate is the same. Hate is a feeling that is there and is going to be directed at someone or something and we are unable to control where other people are going to direct their feelings.

I hope that this clarifies my posture.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:18:44 PM

Smiley

Smiley

People have feelings, and those feeling must be directed at something, even if the direction that those feelings take is a mistaken one.

As an example, sometime ago I read an article about a trend in Japan, in which young men “marry” digital characters. While this will seem odd (at best) the truth of the matter is that people feel love, and that love is going to be directed at someone or something and we are unable to control where other people are going to direct their feelings.

Hate is the same. Hate is a feeling that is there and is going to be directed at someone or something and we are unable to control where other people are going to direct their feelings.

That's the problem with atheism. Atheism tends to look in the wrong places for answers.

Look to God, because God provided for people in the earth in every way that we need. He will provide in the future, and has provided for future provisions even though we don't see it.

Atheists can't do this... look to God. They don't understand What and Who God is for them.

Smiley

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:55:08 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 09:37:13 PM by popcorn1

Smiley

Smiley

That's the problem with atheism. Atheism tends to look in the wrong places for answers.

Look to God, because God provided for people in the earth in every way that we need. He will provide in the future, and has provided for future provisions even though we don't see it.

Atheists can't do this... look to God. They don't understand What and Who God is for them.

Smiley
NO WE DON.T WE WANT PROOF THEN WE BELIEVE
i got a lift off a dragon last night to the shops..do you believe me WHY NOT Undecided :-\its the truth Roll Eyes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFKByGuxETc

science not god good watch
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:36:41 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
NO WE DON.T WE WANT PROOF THEN WE BELIEVE
i got a lift off a dragon last night to the shops..do you believe me WHY NOT Undecided :-\its the truth Roll Eyes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFKByGuxETc

science not god good watch

Oh how silly you are. Atheists can't even understand proof when it is shoved right into their faces. If they could, they would stop being atheists.

Smiley

Cash BTC

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:51:40 PM

Have a read here:
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism
Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:56:45 PM

Maybe because they do not believe on the existence of God? Well, that's only what i can think of though Undecided
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:03:39 PM

Maybe because they do not believe on the existence of God? Well, that's only what i can think of though Undecided

If they don't believe in God, then religion should seem stupid to them, and they shouldn't care. The only thing they should hate is when others mistreat others, but that's hating people sinning, not actually hating a religion. If an atheist hates a religion, they have some misplaced anger.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:00:52 PM

I'm an atheist but don't necessarily hate religion. I think a lot of atheists characterize religion by its most ignorant believers
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:13:04 PM

If they don't believe in God, then religion should seem stupid to them, and they shouldn't care. The only thing they should hate is when others mistreat others, but that's hating people sinning, not actually hating a religion. If an atheist hates a religion, they have some misplaced anger.
one day god might be forgotten about..you can make sure HE never does and this is how..
AND I AM ONE WHO WANTS GOD TO BE FORGOTTEN WE ARE GODS ALL HUMANS

www.getr3d.com

YOU MUST BUY
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:15:23 PM

one day god might be forgotten about..you can make sure HE never does and this is how..

www.getr3d.com

YOU MUST BUY

You don't believe in God right? So why would you call humans gods?
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:47:06 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 09:23:18 PM by popcorn1

www.getr3d.com

YOU MUST BUY

a god is something you worship well worship yourself not something in your imagination ..
i am god you are god upset me and i can become a devil ..
we are all god and devils ..
preachers are poor mans bosses it makes them think they have power over the poor..
now if i become a vicar i have a following it makes me feel good to have so many people listen to the bullshit i talk about..
if i was in power i would stop all churches and any place of worship..
 and i would say to the preachers
 we now own these building for our children to learn code sport music art science maths languages all for free..
knowledge is the key to life it makes no sense to worship something that is not there
100 years from now they will look back and think those religious people where crazy..
not so long ago we burned witches  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy now we look back at this and think humans were stupid in them times..
the same will happen with jesus and every other religion..
we are going to have so much war in the name of religion everyone will be begging for religion to go..
i already see this happening right now..
religion argues over nothing  Undecided Undecided Undecided
i hate the idea of religion it makes no sense in the 21st century soon as its forgotten about the better it will be..
we will have to think of some other excuse to go to war SICK SICK SICK OF IT ALL
the jews hate the muslims the muslim hate the jews the christians getting persecuted by both the jews and the muslims..LET THE WAR BEGIN mind you its already started.. loads will die and then we will say no more religion we have had enough... Wink Wink..
plus if you look at iran muslim nation
even there people are starting to say faith my faith not fact Wink

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:19:54 PM

www.getr3d.com

YOU MUST BUY

a god is something you worship well worship yourself not something in your imagination ..

Well, you know I'm Christian, so I would say to worship anything other than God is blasphemous, especially ourselves. By your own admission humans can be evil, we are sinful creatures, and we need a redeemer (Jesus).  I believe anyone who chooses to worship themselves, is really worshiping sin, and embracing that sin and calling it good.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:30:21 PM

www.getr3d.com

YOU MUST BUY

Well, you know I'm Christian, so I would say to worship anything other than God is blasphemous, especially ourselves. By your own admission humans can be evil, we are sinful creatures, and we need a redeemer (Jesus).  I believe anyone who chooses to worship themselves, is really worshiping sin, and embracing that sin and calling it good.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeq2Utm0nU  is this you
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:32:18 PM

www.getr3d.com

YOU MUST BUY

Well, you know I'm Christian, so I would say to worship anything other than God is blasphemous, especially ourselves. By your own admission humans can be evil, we are sinful creatures, and we need a redeemer (Jesus).  I believe anyone who chooses to worship themselves, is really worshiping sin, and embracing that sin and calling it good.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeq2Utm0nU

Lol. No stoning anyone. Just saying I wouldn't ever worship a human personally. Wink
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:37:52 PM

www.getr3d.com

YOU MUST BUY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeq2Utm0nU

Lol. No stoning anyone. Just saying I wouldn't ever worship a human personally. Wink
have you ever watched the movie sure you must of  Cheesy Cheesy
if you have not  .. the life of brian ..its called

but this is how the muslims are acting now..
first the jews acted like this then the christians NOW ITS THE MUSLIMS..
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: