Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:25:00 PM

I used the upload legacy function for the 0.4.3 version I think.  But all my coins aren't backed up by my seed.  So I downloaded the newest version, wrote down my seed, and made a new address to send my coins to.  I then opened the 0.4.3 wallet but it says my coins aren't there anymore.  Is that because they weren't part of the HD wallet with the seed? Anything I can do?

I'm trying to get to the 0.4.3 wallet that I loaded my coins into and send them to my new address in the new wallet.  That way they will be backed up by the seed for the new wallet.  However, all my 0.4.3. wallets say 0 peers and 0 coins

When you load a legacy wallet,  you get a ton of new addresses, and the legacy coins don't get backed up to the seed. To get the coins backed up to the seed, all you need to do is send your entire balance to yourself using a new address from the wallet. If it says 'transaction too large', send a smaller transaction, and then send increasingly larger transactions until you are sending the whole balance.

At some point in the (probably not near) future, we'll be adding a button or feature that automatically moves all of the coins to a seed address.

OS X: still no wallet.json (latest version - 0.4.eight). This is a problem for me.

On the 'Sia' executable, right-click and there should be an option like "open pacakge contents" or something. Click on that, and then follow the folder structure to app/Sia/wallet/wallet.json.

======

Because this forum is just 1 thread, it's hard for me to follow along and be sure that I'm answering everybodies questions. Especially if you feel like your question hasn't been answered satisfactorily, it will be easier for me and the other people helping out if you ask the question at https://forum.sia.tech.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:27:17 PM

I'll just post this again just in case..

How To Migrate Coins from 0.3.3.x Wallets

0a. Don't run 0.3.3.x software. Doing so risks triggering bugs that can destroy coins.
0b. Create backups of everything before loading anything. Don't delete any backups until you are 100% sure that the coins have been properly recovered.
1. Find the wallet.dat file that has the coins. Make sure that you grab the most recent one - backups may not contain all of the coins. (It's okay to try loading both the most recent one and the backup one)
2. Load the wallet in to the 0.4.x software. In the GUI, there's a 'load legacy wallet' button you can use. With siac, you can use the 'siac wallet load 033x' command.
3. When asked for a password, provide the password for the 0.4.x wallet. The 033x wallet is unencrypted, you are being asked for a password so the 033x wallet can be encrypted.
4. repeat for every wallet and backup that you find. It's okay to load the same wallet multiple times, and to load the wallets in any order.
5. After loading all of the files, restart Sia. Make sure that 'siad' closes all the way, you may need to kill it in the task manager.

As long as you follow step 0a and 0b correctly, you have no risk of losing coins, even if you mess up on the later steps.

So.. tried to use this migration option..   (yes, it was synced)

restarted the client and now I get this:   (pc restart doesn't help)  

Taek (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:32:35 PM

What version is that? An earlier version (maybe... 0.4.6 and earlier?) had a bug in the UI where sometimes the config file would get set to 'undefined'. You can usually fix it by deleting 'config.json'. This bug has been fixed in the most recent version, 0.4.8
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:10:07 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 06:37:57 PM by mishax1

https://i.imgur.com/8O0TQXZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/IbmPXhN.png

What version is that? An earlier version (maybe... 0.4.6 and earlier?) had a bug in the UI where sometimes the config file would get set to 'undefined'. You can usually fix it by deleting 'config.json'. This bug has been fixed in the most recent version, 0.4.8
looks like Sia UI version: 0.4.6-beta Sia version: 0.4.4   (https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.4.6-beta , your link from the OP)
Downloaded the wallet the same day I published the error.

So I deleted the config.json and opened the wallet, it seems to be locked (?!), whats the password ?? it's empty anyway..   so I tried to load the legacy wallet and still getting this error

Same error happens on 0.4.8  Roll Eyes
Taek (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:08:13 PM

We're currently doing an AMA on ZapChain! Come check it out:

https://www.zapchain.com/a/l/we-are-the-founders-of-sia-a-decentralized-token-based-storage-system-participate-as-a-user-host/Ql91m5Ikwd
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:02:47 AM

wow I like!  Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
in-cred-u-lous

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:40:27 PM

The Siacoin faucet at SiaPulse.tech is open. You first need to install Sia, and announce your computer as a host. Then, wait an hour or so, and head over to the faucet for some complimentary Siacoins to upload your own files to the Sia network!
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:01:26 PM

looks like Sia UI version: 0.4.6-beta Sia version: 0.4.4   (https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.4.6-beta , your link from the OP)

So I deleted the config.json and opened the wallet, it seems to be locked (?!), whats the password ?? it's empty anyway..   so I tried to load the legacy wallet and still getting this error

Same error happens on 0.4.8  Roll Eyes
strange : I have done successfully the following :
- download the new UI, synchronise
- create a new wallet with a password generated (of course you need to note this one)
- upload legacy wallet (if asked, give the previous password, even if you legacy wallet is not password protected).
- done : after a few seconds, the balance of the legacy wallet appears.

Remark  : you need to use the latest wallet.dat of you legacy wallet (previous saved ones may not include latest adresses used by latest transaction : this is the same for bitcoin).
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:38:44 PM

I wasn't even aware of ZapChain, nice concept. Some nice Q&A in that discussion, I'd recommend people check it out for sure.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:34:54 PM

Same error happens on 0.4.8  Roll Eyes
strange : I have done successfully the following :
- download the new UI, synchronise
- create a new wallet with a password generated (of course you need to note this one)
- upload legacy wallet (if asked, give the previous password, even if you legacy wallet is not password protected).
- done : after a few seconds, the balance of the legacy wallet appears.

Remark  : you need to use the latest wallet.dat of you legacy wallet (previous saved ones may not include latest adresses used by latest transaction : this is the same for bitcoin).

perfect.
robinson5

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:54:55 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 12:53:56 PM by robinson5

Hey everyone.  Having a problem here if anyone could help out that would be great!

I used the load legacy wallet in 0.4.3 but didn't send my coins to a new address.  So I realized they are not backed up by that seed but instead still in one of my wallet.dat files.

I downloaded the new 0.4.8 wallet and hit load legacy wallet.  I have a ton of wallet.dat files (really need to be better organized) on my computer and have loaded all of them into the 0.4.8 wallet but my balance still reads 0.  I want the coins to appear so I can hit new address and send them all to the new address, that way all my coins will be backed up by the seed.

Did I somehow mess up by using the load legacy wallet for 0.4.3 with my wallet.dat and now am trying to do it again with this version? My coins did appear in 0.4.3 so I know one of my wallet.dat files worked for me to get the coins.  But now all my 0.4.3 versions and under just show 0 peers and 0 sia and also don't work.  So I'm not sure what to do to hopefully get my coins back or why I don't at least still see them in the 0.4.3 version as they were there at some point.  Worried I somehow lost them all in the update.

I did save multiple wallet.dat backups and saved them all over my computer because of the problem with the backups being overwritten.  So I don't see how I could have lost all my coins

Thanks!

Edit: After locking and closing the 0.4.8 wallet and killing siad in activity monitor I reopened the wallet and unlocked it and saw all my coins are there.  I've noticed actually for most things to take affect in the UI you need to lock the wallet and kill siad before reopening it.

I also am having trouble sending coins.  Lets say I had 500 coins and tried to send 100.  After confirming the transaction balance will still read 500 coins and pending balance will be -100.  I waited a while and nothing happened.  Also tried locking, closing the wallet, killing sia, and reopening the wallet.  Then my balance is back to 500 and pending balance is back to 0.  There is nothing appearing in my list of transactions either.

Anyone know what's up?
Taek (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:53:36 PM

Hey everyone.  Having a problem here if anyone could help out that would be great!

I used the load legacy wallet in 0.4.3 but didn't send my coins to a new address.  So I realized they are not backed up by that seed but instead still in one of my wallet.dat files.

I downloaded the new 0.4.8 wallet and hit load legacy wallet.  I have a ton of wallet.dat files (really need to be better organized) on my computer and have loaded all of them into the 0.4.8 wallet but my balance still reads 0.  I want the coins to appear so I can hit new address and send them all to the new address, that way all my coins will be backed up by the seed.

Did I somehow mess up by using the load legacy wallet for 0.4.3 with my wallet.dat and now am trying to do it again with this version? My coins did appear in 0.4.3 so I know one of my wallet.dat files worked for me to get the coins.  But now all my 0.4.3 versions and under just show 0 peers and 0 sia and also don't work.  So I'm not sure what to do to hopefully get my coins back or why I don't at least still see them in the 0.4.3 version as they were there at some point.  Worried I somehow lost them all in the update.

I did save multiple wallet.dat backups and saved them all over my computer because of the problem with the backups being overwritten.  So I don't see how I could have lost all my coins

Thanks!

Did you remember to restart siad after loading the legacy wallets?
robinson5

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:13:07 AM

Hey everyone.  Having a problem here if anyone could help out that would be great!

I used the load legacy wallet in 0.4.3 but didn't send my coins to a new address.  So I realized they are not backed up by that seed but instead still in one of my wallet.dat files.

I downloaded the new 0.4.8 wallet and hit load legacy wallet.  I have a ton of wallet.dat files (really need to be better organized) on my computer and have loaded all of them into the 0.4.8 wallet but my balance still reads 0.  I want the coins to appear so I can hit new address and send them all to the new address, that way all my coins will be backed up by the seed.

Did I somehow mess up by using the load legacy wallet for 0.4.3 with my wallet.dat and now am trying to do it again with this version? My coins did appear in 0.4.3 so I know one of my wallet.dat files worked for me to get the coins.  But now all my 0.4.3 versions and under just show 0 peers and 0 sia and also don't work.  So I'm not sure what to do to hopefully get my coins back or why I don't at least still see them in the 0.4.3 version as they were there at some point.  Worried I somehow lost them all in the update.

I did save multiple wallet.dat backups and saved them all over my computer because of the problem with the backups being overwritten.  So I don't see how I could have lost all my coins

Thanks!

Did you remember to restart siad after loading the legacy wallets?

Yes Edit: After locking and closing the 0.4.8 wallet and killing siad in activity monitor I reopened the wallet and unlocked it and saw all my coins are there.  I've noticed actually for most things to take affect in the UI you need to lock the wallet and kill siad before reopening it.

I also am having trouble sending coins.  Lets say I had 500 coins and tried to send 100.  After confirming the transaction balance will still read 500 coins and pending balance will be -110.  I waited a while and nothing happened.  Also tried locking, closing the wallet, killing sia, and reopening the wallet.  Then my balance is back to 500 and pending balance is back to 0.  There is nothing appearing in my list of transactions either.

Anyone know what's up?

Edit again: Today I tried to send coins again and it said balance 200 and pending balance -210.  I looked at my transaction list and noticed for every transaction I tried to send it yesterday it has -10 so it looks like my transaction fees were going through (and are only now appearing) but I can't send any actual money.  Anyone know what I should do? Thanks!
Taek (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:51:43 AM

I also am having trouble sending coins.  Lets say I had 500 coins and tried to send 100.  After confirming the transaction balance will still read 500 coins and pending balance will be -110.  I waited a while and nothing happened.  Also tried locking, closing the wallet, killing sia, and reopening the wallet.  Then my balance is back to 500 and pending balance is back to 0.  There is nothing appearing in my list of transactions either.

Anyone know what's up?

Edit again: Today I tried to send coins again and it said balance 200 and pending balance -210.  I looked at my transaction list and noticed for every transaction I tried to send it yesterday it has -10 so it looks like my transaction fees were going through (and are only now appearing) but I can't send any actual money.  Anyone know what I should do? Thanks!

It will say pending until the transaction gets confirmed. If you restart siad, the transactions will get dropped from the transaction pool. We're planning on adding persistence for that at some point. If the transaction fees are going through, it means the money is also going through, the two are happening in the same transaction. Are you trying to send coins to yourself?
tzpardi

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:22:42 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2015, 12:00:04 AM by tzpardi

This is a fantastic idea and a very sensible use case, congratulations to the developers!
According the Electron web site at https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome-electron you the Sia app use Electron and NodeJs. Is the Electron base application source open and available?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:09:01 AM

This is a fantastic idea and a very sensible use case, congratulations to the developers!
According the Electron web site at https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome-electron you the Sia app use Electron and NodeJs. Is the Electron base application source open and available?

http://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI

{ BitSpill }
robinson5

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:43:36 AM

Anyone know what's up?

It will say pending until the transaction gets confirmed. If you restart siad, the transactions will get dropped from the transaction pool. We're planning on adding persistence for that at some point. If the transaction fees are going through, it means the money is also going through, the two are happening in the same transaction. Are you trying to send coins to yourself?

So I can't quit siad until the transaction is confirmed? Generally how long does it take for it to stop saying pending -110S?

And about the fees, I have four transactions that are just -10S with none of the money I sent going through.  Then today another transaction appeared that's -110 so one did work.  The address listed is not the one I sent to though which is strange.  Maybe some fees went through without the transaction because I was quitting siad? Didn't realize I had to wait for all the confirmations before I could close the wallet.

And yes I'm trying to send coins to myself does that change how I should do things? Thanks!
Merick

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:21:17 AM

Question in regards to siac (CLI)

siac wallet seeds

This command shows me my seed information ( i.e. password)  It also shows an indicator for Addresses Remaining,  What exactly is this telling me. 

My current Address Remaining = -90074,  Any reason why it is negative?

The GUI for 0.4.8 has been acting rather sluggish for me, hence why I started looking at the CLI.  When I use siac wallet addresses I get a list of addresses that goes past my scroll buffer.  I have had a few transactions with Poloniex and I have uploaded a few files to the cloud but I didn't think I had that many transactions.  The siac wallet transactions shows me all of the transactions and based on the block explorer they appear to be related to the files I uploaded.

When I navigate the Sia GUI the wallet section is unresponsive.  I cannot get the UI to show me a new address or list any of my transactions.  It looks like the long list of transactions and addresses I have is chocking the GUI, everything looks to be working fine on the CLI.  Every other section in the GUI works fine.

Kubuntu 14.04
Sia 0.4.8

Thank You
Taek (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:57:18 PM

So I can't quit siad until the transaction is confirmed? Generally how long does it take for it to stop saying pending -110S?

And about the fees, I have four transactions that are just -10S with none of the money I sent going through.  Then today another transaction appeared that's -110 so one did work.  The address listed is not the one I sent to though which is strange.  Maybe some fees went through without the transaction because I was quitting siad? Didn't realize I had to wait for all the confirmations before I could close the wallet.

And yes I'm trying to send coins to myself does that change how I should do things? Thanks!

You can quit it, it only gets dropped from your local transaction pool, but everyone else will have the transaction. If you restart siad though, then you might run into issues.

It sounds like the coins went through. I'm not sure what's indicating to you that the send was unsuccessful, but if you paid the transaction fee you are probably safe.

Question in regards to siac (CLI)

siac wallet seeds

This command shows me my seed information ( i.e. password)  It also shows an indicator for Addresses Remaining,  What exactly is this telling me. 

My current Address Remaining = -90074,  Any reason why it is negative?

The GUI for 0.4.8 has been acting rather sluggish for me, hence why I started looking at the CLI.  When I use siac wallet addresses I get a list of addresses that goes past my scroll buffer.  I have had a few transactions with Poloniex and I have uploaded a few files to the cloud but I didn't think I had that many transactions.  The siac wallet transactions shows me all of the transactions and based on the block explorer they appear to be related to the files I uploaded.

When I navigate the Sia GUI the wallet section is unresponsive.  I cannot get the UI to show me a new address or list any of my transactions.  It looks like the long list of transactions and addresses I have is chocking the GUI, everything looks to be working fine on the CLI.  Every other section in the GUI works fine.

Kubuntu 14.04
Sia 0.4.8

Thank You

If you have a negative number of addresses remaining, it means that you've exceeded the deprecated limit of 2500 addresses per wallet seed. That's probably because you've uploaded a ton of files. Right now Sia is very inefficient with its address management, but you don't need to worry too much (though, startup is probably slow). The GUI is being unresponsive on the wallet page when you try to load the transactions and the addresses because there are too many of them. It should eventually finish loading but may take 10+ minutes =/. We're planning on adding pagination at some point soon. Also, the number of transactions and addresses created by the wallet during file uploading will be drastically reduced.

Sorry for the rough usability experience. For the most part, just ignoring the transactions and the addresses is probably sufficient for now.
robinson5

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:50:17 PM

And about the fees, I have four transactions that are just -10S with none of the money I sent going through.  Then today another transaction appeared that's -110 so one did work.  The address listed is not the one I sent to though which is strange.  Maybe some fees went through without the transaction because I was quitting siad? Didn't realize I had to wait for all the confirmations before I could close the wallet.

You can quit it, it only gets dropped from your local transaction pool, but everyone else will have the transaction. If you restart siad though, then you might run into issues.

It sounds like the coins went through. I'm not sure what's indicating to you that the send was unsuccessful, but if you paid the transaction fee you are probably safe.

I have 4 -10 S transactions in my wallet and then I tried again another day and now transactions are going through (with I'm assuming the 10S).  But they are appearing as the whole number that I sent.  Not sure how I could have had 4 transactions as only fees go through or maybe it's just a minor GUI error.  Either way it's only 40 S Smiley And it seems to be working fine now.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: