Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:42:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270080 times)
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:14:27 PM

There must be a time that you must sell your coins of course. Other wise you cant make profit and have no money.
So that will be not good. If you sell it than you can make later some profit and that will be good.
bankingbtc

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:51:44 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

of course you should never sell your bitcoin because you will kill price even lover, if you would keep them for while you will get more money later  if you'll sell them later, always trust in bitcoin, even after larger falls they always rise to top
Daifotis

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:08:27 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Selling at least part of your BTC near the top of huge rallies (to buy back cheaper) can be an extremely profitable approach.
Also, as fiat gets weaker paying attention to the BTC/gold prices will give valuable clues about the "real price" of Bitcoin.

Yes. Many people wants profit that's why they are making moves when there's a big rally. And even at $1000 many will take profit so how come to $10,000. The $10,000 will never happened. Majority of bitcoin users are here to profit and not to take deeply the bitcoin technology.
honeyhtet

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:12:11 PM

Selling at a good price would be a win-win situation IMO, holding the BTC always might not be the best decision.
Piltover

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:28:15 PM

You should never sell your bitcoins because the price is gonna rise for sure no doubts about that so that is why.
The halving will let the price go to a high amount for sure.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:18:32 AM

You should never sell your bitcoins because the price is gonna rise for sure no doubts about that so that is why.

The quote can also be considered as a reason and one more thing with bitcoin is, rather than earning it as a source better to have it as a earning for future. That's the reason never sell bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Altcoinsupporter

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:48:12 AM

Its good of course to hold your coins. Because otherwise you are going sell it too early and that is not good.
I hope that more people will save it and that they are going to sell it later with profit.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:42:49 AM

You should never sell them because the bitcoin got a good future a head, its also growing everyday and that is already a good sign.
The fact is that the bitcoin can be worth much in the future and that is why you should not sell them, you will lose a lot of profit at the end.
Piltover

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:49:41 AM

There must be a time to sell your coins. Otherwise you cant make profit and that will be bad. You just have only to wait.
And that is all. But indeed you can wait a long time if it is not rising and that is bad. But just have patience.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:01:17 AM

You should never sell them because the bitcoin got a good future a head, its also growing everyday and that is already a good sign.
The fact is that the bitcoin can be worth much in the future and that is why you should not sell them, you will lose a lot of profit at the end.

Never doesn't exist when it comes to Bitcoin. The majority of the people can't even hold their coins for 6 months without touching/moving their coins.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:35:27 AM

You should never do this due to the point the bitcoin has a very good future a head with its potential possibility to take over the world.
Also the fact is that the bitcoin can go to high amounts because of the future it has right now.
Oscoda

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:00:26 PM

There must be a time to sell it otherwise you cant earn some money. If you never want to sell your coins. Why do you have Bitcoins ?
Of course you must wait a while to make some profit later in the future. Otherwise it is easy money and that is not.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:16:12 PM

i was thinking again might be things that will make me would never sell my bitcoin ever is bitcoin become worthless and banned throughout the world but i'm really hope that would not be happen even in my dreams
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

You should sell your coins. If you will not sell your coins ever you will not make money.

If bitcoin will succeed to surpass dollars and totally eliminates, your saved coins will be take away the supposed profit you will made while dollar rocks.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:04:39 PM

in some case,you have to sell your coin fastly,but if we dream and hope about bitcoin price increase so far from this year,you can hold your bitcoin until your dream come true,until you found your price that you really want,its simple,but complicated if you not reach your "dream price" in some year.
sachung

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:24:00 PM

I think it's good to sell when you reach a decent price worth selling at, I mean people selling at $1000 can be considered winners since they sold at the best current time till now.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:19:42 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2016, 09:22:14 PM by Jmild1

I think it's good to sell when you reach a decent price worth selling at, I mean people selling at $1000 can be considered winners since they sold at the best current time till now.

That's not the point of OP. The point he want to make is, if bitcoin will boom this might be the chance to have it, let it be popular and known, so to do that do not ever and ever convert your bitcoin to a fiat. Because if bitcoin will be well-known this will be accepted in any form of payment, it might be available in paypal, amazon, etc. soon. If ever you convert your bitcoin to a fiat you're just helping to inflate the value of a fiat and deflate the value of bitcoin. Because you gave demand to fiat and the demand to bitcoin has decreased.
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:24:39 PM

Its good of course to hold your coins. Because otherwise you are going sell it too early and that is not good.
I hope that more people will save it and that they are going to sell it later with profit.
Yes, those people who are well aware with the price strategy of bitcoin will never ever sell their bitcoin, As something great has been going to happen this year with the price of bitcoin which will benefit all the bitcoin holders.

Olaf

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:15:39 PM

The quote can also be considered as a reason and one more thing with bitcoin is, rather than earning it as a source better to have it as a earning for future. That's the reason never sell bitcoin.

Its a never reason to sell, but at some point wouldnt you want to short to profit?

I`m sure it would be the logical reason on price situations were less likely to climb at a certain point.

Olaf

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:18:02 PM

There must be a time to sell it otherwise you cant earn some money. If you never want to sell your coins. Why do you have Bitcoins ?
Of course you must wait a while to make some profit later in the future. Otherwise it is easy money and that is not.

Some people hold regardless of profit for being a pioneer or they just see the potential growth that it leads to something else.

People have their own reasons, but most are in the category of selling the coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: