Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:11:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417152 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:13:35 PM

First of all because there are not enough bitcoin to cover all the needs of the economy of such kind of super-country.

The number of units converges to 2.1 * 10^14.  How is this not enough?  You need more divisibility?  Then start trading micro-satoshi if you need to.  Anyway, economy has no hard need for exchange commodities.  We need food clothing and shelter, not bitcoin.  Where to begin here?   

If your New order will not merge the countries any country will accept to have such coin as a national currency for the simple reason (I am telling only one which is enough) because they cannot own it. And any country will accept to have as national currency a currency which don't own.

Go tell that to all countries that ever existed prior to 1971 when the grand fiat experiment was officially begun.  "No countries will ever allow their citizens to exchange commodities" wtf??!??  because Bush Sr. doesn't own all rice fields means we will never eat rice?   

Very short. Every economy grow continuously. Will continue to grow in infinite. Since the day the country exist. So forever. As I know there cannot exist micro-satoshi. But even can exist lets go at the point two. The rice is not money. And the money is not rice. have nothing to do with each other and cannot is possible to make such comparison in this case. The currency have to do with the security and stability of the entire economy of one country and an currency not own by the country can put in risk its economy.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:31:18 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

Do you think it will be true?

No, not very likely, for a good number of reasons: the actual demand for 'sound money' by the broad population is somewhat overstated by some in here, and the major economic players (countries, as well as a multinational corporations) likely favor the status quo, so they're not going to try to convince the first group to switch to crypto either.

Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

Absolutely, yes. I believe there is a huge range of possibilities for Bitcoin between "total failure" and "replaces the USD as the world's reserve currency". Ever since I came here, I disliked this binary "all or nothing" thinking many Bitcoin supporters seem to employ.

'Smart contracts plus B2B transactions plus remittance plus some fraction of reserve currency usage' is quite likely to take place within the next decade, and will most likely make current price per coin look rather cheap.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 06:43:41 PM

Very short. Every economy grow continuously. Will continue to grow in infinite. Since the day the country exist. So forever. As I know there cannot exist micro-satoshi. But even can exist lets go at the point two. The rice is not money. And the money is not rice. have nothing to do with each other and cannot is possible to make such comparison in this case. The currency have to do with the security and stability of the entire economy of one country and an currency not own by the country can put in risk its economy.

Very short what?  What quantity grows continuously?  Perhaps try your native language, this one doesn't seem to be working for us here.  Gold and silver were not owned by legislatures and yet these things were used as exchange commodities.  Stability was usually the result. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
faince222

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:04:21 PM

Absolutely no. I guess that only a war could allow Bitcoin to replace dollar. Or at least, we have to wait something like 50-100 years. And then, there are other thing which doesn't allow this. (Like confirmation).
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:09:19 PM

I seriously doubt that Bitcoin will replace Dollar, espacially that this will happen soon, but I think that pretty soon Bitcoin will be accepted as any hard currency everywhere in the world.
I am also accept it will replace soon because We need a standard international money instead of U.S. country currency $. The only which can replace dollar is Bitcoin only due to its high growth day by day. BTC rocks As soon as possible Wink
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:30:56 PM

I don't think Bitcoin will ever replace the dollar or euro. One of the facts is that it's price is very volatile. But I do think that it will become mainstream one day.  Roll Eyes

It has a user base of like 250k people.. It won't be volatile when it has several billion

People is too impatient and expect something with a tiny marketcap of less than 5 billion to be as stable as a goverment manipulated currency.
And even if Bitcoin is on the trillions, yes it will be way less volatile than it is now, but it will have a certain volatility similar to gold. It will never be as stable as goverment currency because goverment currency price is not real, its not real supply and demand.
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:57:01 PM

I don't think bitcoin will replace dollar soon. The world financial system is sick of course but as the nearest replacement of the dollar as the world reserve currency I rather see gold or another someone's national currency.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:41:32 AM

I don't think bitcoin will replace dollar soon. The world financial system is sick of course but as the nearest replacement of the dollar as the world reserve currency I rather see gold or another someone's national currency.

But no replacement is possible in my perspective. But bitcoin will evolve equal to dollars in near future. May be the ratio for bitcoin users will out-number the dollar users in both online usage and physical usage.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:08:45 AM

actually, there are 182 currencies recognized by the United Nations. Nation-states have always minted currencies (usually in the form of paper banknotes and/or metal coins, although ancient Rome paid its solders in salt). Each nation’s central bank — such as the Federal Reserve of the United States — formulates and executes its country’s monetary policy. They do this by supervising and regulating banks, assisting the federal government’s financing operations, and serving as the banker for their governments.
read more here : http://www.edelmanfinancial.com/education-center/articles/w/will-bitcoin-replace-the-dollar
Epicnicity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:26:11 AM

I don't think bitcoin will replace the dollar, ever

It's a currency like how different countries got their own currency, you could see bitcoin like Gold Silver, investments like that

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
ACAB

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:14:51 AM

Not in 10 years but maybe later. Digital currencies have great chance to become next monetary system. They need to race credit card companies at this level.
coingiant1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:59:32 PM

I don't think bitcoin will replace the dollar, ever

It's a currency like how different countries got their own currency, you could see bitcoin like Gold Silver, investments like that

BitcoinBTC will soon become a Payment mode. Gold and silver are sure investment stuff. Bitcoin is something more to Gold and Silver. The soon the credit card companies start accepting BTC the soon it will be a global currency. Smiley
MaxTax

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:14:14 PM

No, I see 2 different currencies between the dollar and bitcoin

It's like if you were to say "Do you think the Euro will replace the Dollar soon?

Anyone seeing that happen?
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:24:28 PM

No, I see 2 different currencies between the dollar and bitcoin

It's like if you were to say "Do you think the Euro will replace the Dollar soon?

Anyone seeing that happen?
However when gaining mass adoption, wouldn't we see no point in having fiat currency anymore? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that fiat monetary system is doing more harm than good.
That is most likely not happening any time soon however I can see this happening. Maybe even in our lifetimes.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 04:07:24 PM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

us government wont let it happen. and if that happen it will be a huge down fall of their
economy, so its very unlikely that bitcoin will surpass usd in 15yrs or more.
and i heard some news that some miners are now able to mine usd.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

Read the following news:

us government wont let it happen. and if that happen it will be a huge down fall of their

You're able to mine USD? Any sources on this?

It's possible that bitcoin can replace the dollar but that would take mass adaption to the whole world

It would effect every other economy
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 05:05:34 PM

Read the following news:

You're able to mine USD? Any sources on this?

It's possible that bitcoin can replace the dollar but that would take mass adaption to the whole world

It would effect every other economy

not sure if this is it but im pretty sure that i read somewhere while i was
browsing in the internet.

from what i can read bitusd is not much but heres the link i found http://www.truthcoin.info/blog/bitusd/
https://bter.com/trade/bitusd_usd

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:31:29 AM

If bitcoin replace dollar many early bitcoin adopters who have lots of bitcoin in store will dictate the world economy on their terms.Bitcoin supply is limited,those who have good amount of bitcoin in possession will manipulate the market and become a self proclaimed governments.I hope bitcoin never ever replace any fiat

R4v37

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:49:45 AM

If bitcoin replace dollar many early bitcoin adopters who have lots of bitcoin in store will dictate the world economy on their terms.Bitcoin supply is limited,those who have good amount of bitcoin in possession will manipulate the market and become a self proclaimed governments.I hope bitcoin never ever replace any fiat
It's like gold will never be a currency, till some aliens wiped the whole US continent  Grin
Btc better stay as commodity and used as trading purpose like gold,
rally

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:52:14 AM

It's a good alternative. Dollar will always stay. I hope Bitcoin will come even good known as the dollar and the euro. If everybody found his way to the BTC, the future looks good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: