Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:29:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66715 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:20:23 AM

I have no idea what the other project is about but just because they received an enormous amount of btc, doesn't mean this project will or even come close.   If things were that easy, many of us would be rich by now.  

And your evaluation is based on what? How did you come to the conclusion that the value of this project is not worth as much? I personaly think its under valued, matter of fact, given that BTC price has droped sharply these couple of days, they should ask for more.

If he doesn't have any idea what the ethereum or augment project is about. You can't expect him to know much of anything going on in the crypto scene. So his opinion is null. This project is undervalued.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 05:19:15 AM

Hi folks,

We've just published another demonstration of how r3d can be used for example a pastebin-type clone.  I'd like to make a few points (which were mentioned in the video also):

1.  Our themes will be available to the public, open-source, freely-modifiable
2.  What you're looking at now is only for demonstration purposes to display the functionality of r3d.  We have a designer on the team as well as plans to hire more afterwards to continue to provide various themes and templates for different uses.
3.  If you'll notice a recurring theme here, is that all it takes is downloading r3d, choosing a theme, and entering your site ID to get your content up or mirrored within a few short moments.  We're designing everything this way to be as simple for even the most advanced users.

Regarding valuation and speculative comments - the many applications of r3d, and opportunities to monetize a r3d-powered site or directly through the r3d client might not seem clear to some, but we will be doing our best to point them out as we move further along.  Our goal and focus is to make r3d as robust and usable as possible with many future plans.

Without further adieu, here is how you can have your own pastebin-like site, powered by r3d: https://vimeo.com/136793675

Stay tuned as more demos for different uses will be here in the next coming days.  We don't intend to fill a thread with promises, we intend to actually show you what we're capable of as it's ready for display.

Best regards,

syntaks

@boutiuqe

Activity: 638
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:19:38 AM

wth we got to make blog-etc-website on linux code ?
Are you serious ?
We just make basic theme, edit blah blah html5...php then FTP upload host ?
Is that better than coding on Linux ?

Why don't we just use exsitng blog or existing pastebin ?
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:25:05 AM

Are you serious ?

I dont think you are seeing the big picture here. I got one word for you, "Decentralized".

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 05:25:58 AM

Are you serious ?

Not at all.  The desktop client is another beast entirely which requires nothing but running it.  You can run r3d sites on a typical server however, and that's what we're showing now.  The point is to be as functional and versatile as possible.  We're creating options, not requirements.  You don't have to make any themes, we'll be providing them.  You can edit them to your liking though.  I don't believe I mentioned html5 however, or requiring PHP knowledge for that matter.  Your content is driven by r3d, whatever means of retrieval you'd prefer you can use.  It's also capable of exporting your content in JSON for importing into other applications.  XML will be an option as well at one point.  I hope I've cleared a few things up but if not, please let me know.

Best regards,

syntaks

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:41:55 AM

Are you serious ?

This gives you the security of hosting your information on the blockchain as well as potential earnings from up voting posts and gaining reputation. You can securely host your data without having to worry about someone altering it. Hosting problems in which you no longer have access to your data. Perhaps because of a missed payment. Improper use of the server caused by malware or other infections. All of these attacks can now be thwarted IF r3d comes into play, The blockchain provides a perfect solution to the problems we face in everyday attacks. R3d will be able to provide MULTIPLE mirrored versions of the site on different hosts. And in turn you could provide a seamless integration to all of these servers from one website. Which could help with ddos attacks. Mysql database attacks. And more.

Another reason that i think this will be an absolutely HUGE project. Is because of the way that fee's are distributed to the miners. And I dont think anyone has caught on to this quite yet. But lets say there is 5 posts per minute on the network. The current cost of posting on a site id that isnt your is 100 r3d. 49 of which goes to the owner of the site. and 51 to the miners.

49*5 = 245 r3d
51*5 = 255 r3d

So for 5 posts every minute 255(~0.000255btc) r3d would be distibuted to miners and 245(~0.000245btc) to the site owners. Every day a total of 720,000 r3d or ~0.72 btc at 0.00000100 btc. 367,200(~0.3672btc) to the miners and 352,800(~0.3528) to the site owners.

Now lets size that up a bit. And remember this ISNT including any other functions on the network like registering usernames or creating sites, upvoting posts etc etc.

49*100 = 4900 r3d
51*100 = 5100 r3d

For 100 posts every minute 5100(0.0051btc) r3d would be distibuted to miners and 4900(~0.0049btc) to the site owners. Every day a total of 14,400,000 r3d or ~14.4 btc at 0.00000100 btc. 7,344,000(~7.344btc) to the miners and 7,056,000(~7.056) to the site owners.

Now everyone just take that in for a moment. And imagine the impact this could make on the scrypt network as a WHOLE.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:07:58 AM

Taking a bit of info from http://onesecond.designly.com/

There are 197 reddit votes cast each second. Or 11,820 per minute. Now lets put that on the R3d network.
"Vote on an asset on a node: one-time 10 r3d fee (7 to the asset creator, 1 to the node owner, 2 to miners)"
So 7 r3d goes to the person who posted. 1 r3d goes to the person hosting the site and 2 r3d go to the miners.

11820*7 = 82,740 r3d(~0.08274btc) to the posters.
11820 r3d(~0.01182btc) to the person hosting the site. So Reddit in this case.
11820*2 = 23,640 r3d(~0.02364btc) to the miners.

Every hour this would relay to

82740*60 = 4,964,400 r3d(~4.9644btc) to the posters.
11820*60 = 709,200 r3d(~0.7092btc) to Reddit.
23640*60 = 1,418,400 r3d(~1.4184btc) to the miners.

And finally every day.

4964400*24 = 119,145,600 r3d(~119.1456btc) to the posters.
709200*24 = 17,020,800 r3d(~17.0208btc) to Reddit.
1418400*24 = 34,041,600 r3d(~34.0416btc) to the miners.

The site owner can therefore capitalize from just hosting their site helping with potential costs of staff and hosting.
And once again i have picked a very basic function to prove some of the benefits of R3d. Of course there will be much more going on in the network. But think about how this could benefit the network. Being as it is merged mine able.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:19:55 AM

Hi folks,

We've just published another demonstration of how r3d can be used for example a pastebin-type clone.  I'd like to make a few points (which were mentioned in the video also):

1.  Our themes will be available to the public, open-source, freely-modifiable
2.  What you're looking at now is only for demonstration purposes to display the functionality of r3d.  We have a designer on the team as well as plans to hire more afterwards to continue to provide various themes and templates for different uses.
3.  If you'll notice a recurring theme here, is that all it takes is downloading r3d, choosing a theme, and entering your site ID to get your content up or mirrored within a few short moments.  We're designing everything this way to be as simple for even the most advanced users.

Regarding valuation and speculative comments - the many applications of r3d, and opportunities to monetize a r3d-powered site or directly through the r3d client might not seem clear to some, but we will be doing our best to point them out as we move further along.  Our goal and focus is to make r3d as robust and usable as possible with many future plans.

Without further adieu, here is how you can have your own pastebin-like site, powered by r3d: https://vimeo.com/136793675

Stay tuned as more demos for different uses will be here in the next coming days.  We don't intend to fill a thread with promises, we intend to actually show you what we're capable of as it's ready for display.

Best regards,

syntaks

Great work syntaks as always Smiley
Oil man

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:08:35 AM

Market still closed Huh

nyari jodoh
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:43:55 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 09:56:19 AM by tempus

Hi folks,

We've just published another demonstration of how r3d can be used for example a pastebin-type clone.  I'd like to make a few points (which were mentioned in the video also):

1.  Our themes will be available to the public, open-source, freely-modifiable
2.  What you're looking at now is only for demonstration purposes to display the functionality of r3d.  We have a designer on the team as well as plans to hire more afterwards to continue to provide various themes and templates for different uses.
3.  If you'll notice a recurring theme here, is that all it takes is downloading r3d, choosing a theme, and entering your site ID to get your content up or mirrored within a few short moments.  We're designing everything this way to be as simple for even the most advanced users.

Regarding valuation and speculative comments - the many applications of r3d, and opportunities to monetize a r3d-powered site or directly through the r3d client might not seem clear to some, but we will be doing our best to point them out as we move further along.  Our goal and focus is to make r3d as robust and usable as possible with many future plans.

Stay tuned as more demos for different uses will be here in the next coming days.  We don't intend to fill a thread with promises, we intend to actually show you what we're capable of as it's ready for display.

Best regards,

syntaks

Just viewed the demos. Really impressive! I hope many will watch this!
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:08:21 PM

Market still closed Huh

It re-opens tomorrow.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:23:19 PM

Just viewed the demos. Really impressive! I hope many will watch this!

Thanks a lot tempus! =)

jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:40:38 PM

when market to open again..??
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:47:30 PM

when market to open again..??

Tomorrow at 12:00 EST

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

Had to sign up just because of this ANN.. I can't wait for it to reopen, so many possibilities as a developer.

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence.  Did you have anything in mind in particular?

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:44:02 PM

Had to sign up just because of this ANN.. I can't wait for it to reopen, so many possibilities as a developer.

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence.  Did you have anything in mind in particular?

Best regards,

syntaks

A few projects instantly lept to mind, depending on future plans.. A question, is the character limit fixed or is it going to be larger? If it is going to be larger I would very much like to create a decentralized tamper proof github for people that are worried about distributing code that has been tampered with (trojans)

Another obvious one is a torrent site mirror, either public or private.

Is there any information detailing the security models or encryption that is put (will be put) into place? I would very much like to use pgp or some other strong encryption method to control access rather than password protection which is a little messy to manage.

With proper caching, I assume this could be used for a very high traffic application? This would allow for really fast clustering from various geo locations, not having to share sql or anything if I am correct?

From the demonstrations so far it seems you are targetting more of a turnkey blog user, is this going to be only for 'noobies' or will we be able to build on top of this to create "advanced" applications from scratch using the technology? (robust api etc)

1.  The character limit is going to be increased on several services.  Using r3d to distribute code or code snippets would be easy to accomplish.  What we've been doing along the path of development is testing, over and over again.  Once the final numbers are set we're going to attack the network in our environment to ensure scalability and response meet our standards and methods of mitigation.

2.  Mirrors of all sorts could be a possibility with r3d.  Import functions are actually underway to make pulling data in and storing it on the r3d network as easy and efficient as possible.

3.  Yes, we're using 3DES for encryption before the data is sent to the blockchain with gzip for compression.  PGP and key-based encryption is also something we're experimenting with and once we've come to the consensus via testing that it's ready for production, it will be deployed as an option.

4.  It can absolutely be used for a high traffic application.  By the design of the storage and delivery, it's just a matter of choosing which method of output you'd like to use to incorporate the data in your application.  As I've mentioned, we're using an additional datastore library that's shown thus far itself to be incredibly quick and efficient - with a very small footprint.  It's very, very robust as well supporting many useful features.  We have what's become the de facto standard leveldb as well.  They only co-exist to determine if we're going to completely swap leveldb out or not.  In either case, the classes and connectors for both are coded for all of the same functionality so that a swap could be made seamlessly if the decision to swap completely was made.  You would literally have a uniform, reliable, data store regardless of location so positioning of an application would be much simpler in terms of scaling than by means of the traditional approaches.

5.  We're not targeting anyone in particular, that's just to demonstrate how r3d functions, how it could be used for that application (since blogging is pretty popular) and as demos for use cases are ready for publishing we're providing them.  There's virtually no limit as to how advanced you'd like to get when building using r3d.  Everything you could need output-wise and so forth is built into the core.  We're also supplying our own classes for you to include in your applications aside from the ones we provide templates for.  The fact that everything is open-source and readily available for developers such as yourself will make collaboration easy and bring new concepts to fruition in a faster manner.  We not only accept requests and suggestions, we encourage them.  We're here every day, full-time and those who do have other jobs not directly involved in the majority of development work from home so availability is at maximum.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  Thank you very much again for your support and interest.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 08:16:34 PM

Thanks a lot for your time and interest also.  Binary storage is something we can implement, however, only after we're able to verify the intricacies with counsel.  r3d is designed to be a perpetual presence, so we're taking all of the possible necessary steps to ensure that.

Best regards,

syntaks

Waldozaur12
Legendary

Activity: 1223

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:04:45 PM

Bittrex Markets runs today ?
twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:08:09 PM

Bittrex Markets runs today ?

They open up tomorrow at 12:00 EST.

twoturtles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 12:00:50 AM

Yep, noon EST.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: