Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:02:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66717 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Matthaggie

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:58:55 AM

Has mining begun for R3D, none of the pools seem to be mining ATM, and if I were to mine, is it SHA-256?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:04:37 AM

Has mining begun for R3D, none of the pools seem to be mining ATM, and if I were to mine, is it SHA-256?

Mining will begin after CFC has completed and source is public. Should be between Sept. 4th and 7th. Mining algo is Scrypt.
Matthaggie

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:47:28 AM

Mining will begin after CFC has completed and source is public. Should be between Sept. 4th and 7th. Mining algo is Scrypt.

Ok great, Thanks. Looks like a promising idea!!
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:35:35 AM

supporting R3D and it even got into my post Smiley http://fuk.io/august-2015-report-best-altcoins-and-cryptocurrency-to-mine-and-invest-in-to-profit/

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:33:51 AM

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a minute to give everyone a bit of information regarding what's happening now and what's to come.  I'm coding and working with our UX designers to have the first desktop client demo ready by or before Tuesday August 25, 2015.  There are so many uses and applications with r3d that what I've done so far is showcase a couple of them which is the ability to enable a r3d-powered site on a standard web server, utilizing r3d as not only a sustainable, reliable data source, but also the fact that this functionality is coded directly into r3d.  When I demo the desktop client, you will get a much better idea of what r3d is capable of and how user-friendly r3d will be to the general public as well as how easy it'll be for developers to create their own applications using r3d.

Regarding the structure of our zero-sum design:

1.  Anything unsold during the CFC will be burnt.  No new r3d will ever be generated.
2.  Mining via auxpow or directly will yield rewards based on usage.

So for example, if someone buys 10,000 r3d and spends 3500 to register an account - that 3500 goes back into the network as fees for miners.  The first miner to find the block that contains that fee, gets 3500 r3d.  The miner might hold, or they might sell on the market.  The next person who wants to use r3d, buys it from the market and uses it for whatever they'd like to on the r3d network.  Let's say they write 10 posts - that would cost 1000 r3d as of the fee structure right now.  That 1000 would go back into the network for the miners.

• This is a means of combating saturation and promote usage.
  • While usage grows, if the supply doesn't meet the demand - it could have a positive effect on the market in terms of value.
  • The more r3d is used, the more valuable it gets.
  • auxpow provides the means to earn r3d while mining other scrypt coins without the need for additional power as well.
  • Traditionally with PoS and inflationary systems, you will be rewarded with more coins, however, this promotes hoarding (bad for any economy) vs spending and will affect price as people spend these interest-earned coins. (this makes it so there is no pressure for miners to dump, and also not rewarding hoarders for creating a stagnant economy)

Best regards,

syntaks

this sharing cleared lot of things but same time it seems i have to hold few bags with me while CFC lasts. thanks looking forward to demo

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:02:00 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 08:12:10 AM by goldengatesgreenest.com

Great idea guys.  I'm sure a lot of forward thinkers will see the massive potential in this project.  I'll be keeping my eyes out on this as i'm sure this project if successful will grow into a mighty giant sequoia.

Who's going to be the first one to make the R3D equivalent of Quora, Disqus, Newswire, or Ehow?

Smart developers will also be able to incorporate many different ways of generating revenue from their work.

With so many varying types of data on a trillion different subjects stored on a single blockchain, there could be mass potential for things like data mining for projects like augur.  

that's my 2 satoshis.

P.S. Not all stoners are like Cheech and Chong.  Some are more like Richard Branson.

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:52:27 AM

So trex returned BTC from old ICO but chipped off the fees?

that exchange is heading downhill so fast it's insane.

anyways..good too see R3D ICO is online...just bought some agian

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:29:01 AM

I'll try a little , .. only use 1 BTC only     Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
yak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:58:10 PM

i look at it like this:

if everyone who had an idea to make a product or had an idea how to use r3d put in 1btc the ico would be filled already...
if everyone who had a use for a product like this (for privacy or for cultural or for whatever reason) put in 0.01btc the ico would be filled 10000x over already...

i think that some people see it as YAC (yet another con) when its probably one of the most interesting possibilities for crypto in awhile, being developed by someone who is very well recognized and respected in the altcoin and crypto currency world in general and known to be one of the hardest working programmers out there... im glad to be able to call syntaks a friend and i can personally say that he is the hardest working person who isnt my father that i know, and it depresses me to see people spout bullshit about the price or the legitimacy of what r3d is doing because of what it can do for those exact people, its like someone who is saying they want to give everyone the key to making the internet a better place and those people saying 'your time is worthless but please give me it anyway'..

i don't exactly know what all the funds are being used for and maybe this is a good place for that to be asked? but i know that syntaks' programming skills are *WORTH* a lot more than 99.999% of the altcoins "developers" combined and he is honest to a fault, he is always around when people have questions he always helps people, he doesn't judge, he fixes OTHER coins broken shit because their developers suck or abandon it because they were in it for just a quick buck.. chance are if you are an investor in altcoins you have coins that he has helped to fix to help you keep or gain your investment...

for all of you who care about privacy.. for all of you people who care about censorship.. for all of you who are being ruled over by your governments or your corporations or anything unjustly you owe it to yourselves and to everyone else to chip in even a small amount to make this a reality and to reward the people making it fairly.... if every chinese person in crypto were to give even a few satoshi of btc into the project it would be funded and you could start having things built to make the great firewall of china literally useless.... people could make things that would prevent things like this https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks-iOS/issues/124#issuecomment-133630294 happening to you or people you know.

if everyone banded together and chipped in this could be a real thing in 2 weeks time and it would be completely awesome.. if you cant help out with the ico, help out some other way get the word out so this great project doesn't fade away!

</rant>

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:23:13 PM

This project thread seems so slow for a project with so much potential.  I took a few BTC profit from some other coins and bought some.  Wish you all the best of luck and may the crypto gods be on your side. Smiley

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
yak

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 05:34:50 PM

This project thread seems so slow for a project with so much potential.  I took a few BTC profit from some other coins and bought some.  Wish you all the best of luck and may the crypto gods be on your side. Smiley

as funny as this might sound... i think that it might be because the people involved in it are actually known to be insanely honest........ if you know what i mean.

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
dandana

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:49:58 PM

as funny as this might sound... i think that it might be because the people involved in it are actually known to be insanely honest........ if you know what i mean.

yak saying the ugly truth ... with all the scamers that are around ... thats the part i want to be in ... so go fuck yourself who ever question that !
goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:18:52 PM

20MB Block size if I'm correct that this coin is going to have is pretty large.  I know people are saying it's not enough for a HD video but with compression technology things are possible.  Look at the evolution of the quality of GIF videos and they are super small but very impressive in quality.  

Think about all the BS people post on youtube comments,  what if people had to pay money to comment. I'm sure others would think twice on the quality of posts made unless they truly believe in the crap coming out of their mouths.

Like the old saying goes, put up or shut up.

twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 07:38:55 PM

20MB Block size if I'm correct that this coin is going to have is pretty large.  I know people are saying it's not enough for a HD video but with compression technology things are possible.  Look at the evolution of the quality of GIF videos and they are super small but very impressive in quality.  

Think about all the BS people post on youtube comments,  what if people had to pay money to comment. I'm sure others would think twice on the quality of posts made unless they truly believe in the crap coming out of their mouths.

Like the old saying goes, put up or shut up.

One of the benefits of costing to comment and post is exactly that - spam prevention.  At the current rates, 200,000 posts would cost you 20 BTC.  We're still working on different methods of compression and delivery throughout testing.  We have everything in place now - but as we go along I'm making notes and citing different potential areas which could be improved or rewritten.  It's a simple matter of design, implement, test and test some more.  The maximum block size is there to allow for growth and delivery, but doesn't mean every block will be 20MB in size - that's just it's upper limit.

Best regards,

syntaks

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:47:14 PM

i look at it like this:

if everyone who had an idea to make a product or had an idea how to use r3d put in 1btc the ico would be filled already...
if everyone who had a use for a product like this (for privacy or for cultural or for whatever reason) put in 0.01btc the ico would be filled 10000x over already...

i think that some people see it as YAC (yet another con) when its probably one of the most interesting possibilities for crypto in awhile, being developed by someone who is very well recognized and respected in the altcoin and crypto currency world in general and known to be one of the hardest working programmers out there... im glad to be able to call syntaks a friend and i can personally say that he is the hardest working person who isnt my father that i know, and it depresses me to see people spout bullshit about the price or the legitimacy of what r3d is doing because of what it can do for those exact people, its like someone who is saying they want to give everyone the key to making the internet a better place and those people saying 'your time is worthless but please give me it anyway'..

i don't exactly know what all the funds are being used for and maybe this is a good place for that to be asked? but i know that syntaks' programming skills are *WORTH* a lot more than 99.999% of the altcoins "developers" combined and he is honest to a fault, he is always around when people have questions he always helps people, he doesn't judge, he fixes OTHER coins broken shit because their developers suck or abandon it because they were in it for just a quick buck.. chance are if you are an investor in altcoins you have coins that he has helped to fix to help you keep or gain your investment...

for all of you who care about privacy.. for all of you people who care about censorship.. for all of you who are being ruled over by your governments or your corporations or anything unjustly you owe it to yourselves and to everyone else to chip in even a small amount to make this a reality and to reward the people making it fairly.... if every chinese person in crypto were to give even a few satoshi of btc into the project it would be funded and you could start having things built to make the great firewall of china literally useless.... people could make things that would prevent things like this https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks-iOS/issues/124#issuecomment-133630294 happening to you or people you know.

if everyone banded together and chipped in this could be a real thing in 2 weeks time and it would be completely awesome.. if you cant help out with the ico, help out some other way get the word out so this great project doesn't fade away!

</rant>

Absolutely agree! Every word is true.
goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:57:55 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 08:18:06 PM by goldengatesgreenest.com

FUCK YOU AND GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK! YOU TALK LIKE A BOT. WE THE COMMUNITY HAD ENOUGH OF SCAM ARTISTS LIKE YOU. GO AND TAKE YOUR SHIT WITH YOU!

Just like this, would you post this 5 or 6 times if you had to pay?  If i'm forced to see some of these stupid comments with no real legitimacy and no explanation, I would like to know that he paid some money to make his opinion known.   Hopefully he will have to pay more for the image Smiley

yak

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 08:23:01 PM

FUCK YOU AND GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK! YOU TALK LIKE A BOT. WE THE COMMUNITY HAD ENOUGH OF SCAM ARTISTS LIKE YOU. GO AND TAKE YOUR SHIT WITH YOU!

Just like this, would you post this 5 or 6 times if you had to pay?  If i'm forced to see some of these stupid comments with no real legitimacy and no explanation, I would like to know that he paid some money to make his opinion known.   Hopefully he will have to pay more for the image Smiley

as i understand it it would be based on the size, so ya.. it would force people to think before they post, and (literally) reward people for posting good content/comments to the point where it would be profitable to them and the site owners and miners... as i hinted up there its quite likely that these people are the same people who are in scam groups who are pissed off that their scam group can't create what this is, and also can't buy up a bulk of the supply because they are just bottom feeding scumbags so they just talk shit.

instead of someone responding +1 to some really good post, they could (quite literally) give that person money, or add to the conversation in a more constructive manner and then be rewarded for that... its seriously a win win... and a way better way than shoving advertising down peoples throats to pay for sites and mods and stuff

goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:35:38 PM

as i understand it it would be based on the size, so ya.. it would force people to think before they post, and (literally) reward people for posting good content/comments to the point where it would be profitable to them and the site owners and miners... as i hinted up there its quite likely that these people are the same people who are in scam groups who are pissed off that their scam group can't create what this is, and also can't buy up a bulk of the supply because they are just bottom feeding scumbags so they just talk shit.

instead of someone responding +1 to some really good post, they could (quite literally) give that person money, or add to the conversation in a more constructive manner and then be rewarded for that... its seriously a win win... and a way better way than shoving advertising down peoples throats to pay for sites and mods and stuff

There are a lot of content creators out there that could benefit from a system like this in social media type websites.  Developers could possibly even create options like depositing R3D into an account which gets withdrawn only once you made certain amount of comments thus undercutting the cost of transactions and lumping data together. 

I'm not a developer so I don't technically know if these things are possible but hell, they sound like they should be lol

yak

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 08:49:21 PM

There are a lot of content creators out there that could benefit from a system like this in social media type websites.  Developers could possibly even create options like depositing R3D into an account which gets withdrawn only once you made certain amount of comments thus undercutting the cost of transactions and lumping data together. 

I'm not a developer so I don't technically know if these things are possible but hell, they sound like they should be lol

i'm like 3/4 designer 1/2 developer 1/3 sysadmin and i can see uses for it way beyond social media, being that crypto currencies are basically programmable money tho, you can do a nearly unlimited amount of things with it since the stuff you can put into the blockchain as json, you could do a lot of really really really cool shit... the fact that everyone who is contributing in the 'r3d chain' is able to be rewarded and everything is able to be monetized makes way for some awesome scenarios... you could do ppv via the blockchain... monthly subscriptions... lots of neat stuff... security is another thing thats really important which this addresses... if your stuff is on the blockchain it can't be fucked with by hackers as easily

goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:52:18 PM

i'm like 3/4 designer 1/2 developer 1/3 sysadmin and i can see uses for it way beyond social media, being that crypto currencies are basically programmable money tho, you can do a nearly unlimited amount of things with it since the stuff you can put into the blockchain as json, you could do a lot of really really really cool shit... the fact that everyone who is contributing in the 'r3d chain' is able to be rewarded and everything is able to be monetized makes way for some awesome scenarios... you could do ppv via the blockchain... monthly subscriptions... lots of neat stuff... security is another thing thats really important which this addresses... if your stuff is on the blockchain it can't be fucked with by hackers as easily

LOL I was thinking all that also but didn't quite know if it was beyond the scope of this project at this time but I see crazy potential use scenarios for it that's for sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: