Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66715 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AforAmethyst

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:14:04 AM

The delay in putting up the buy back wall is making me start to be concerned. What's so difficult about doing it?

this delay happens every bittrex ico/cfc, i am surprised you/more people arent aware of this fact, but yea it is something that they (again.. bittrex) should work on for sure.

as far as what is so difficult about doing it, i suggest you ask bittrex, because maybe they will have an answer for you, and maybe if enough people complain about these delays they will do something about them in the future

edit: i have 6.7btc tied up in r3d and am not in the least bit concerned that i won't be getting them back via the buy wall..
Reassuring for a newbie like me. Thanks. I have submitted a support ticket to Bittrex to spur them into action.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:15:30 AM

Reassuring for a newbie like me. Thanks. I have submitted a support ticket to Bittrex to spur them into action.

excellent!... if i had to guess it will be probably in the next day or 2.. hopefully sooner but if you are going to hold your breath you may pass out Tongue

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:46:09 AM

The delay in putting up the buy back wall is making me start to be concerned. What's so difficult about doing it?

this delay happens every bittrex ico/cfc, i am surprised you/more people arent aware of this fact, but yea it is something that they (again.. bittrex) should work on for sure.

as far as what is so difficult about doing it, i suggest you ask bittrex, because maybe they will have an answer for you, and maybe if enough people complain about these delays they will do something about them in the future

edit: i have 6.7btc tied up in r3d and am not in the least bit concerned that i won't be getting them back via the buy wall..

FYI, it will take us a day or two to reconcile everything.  A lot of the work comes from verifying every trade and then executing the buy back.  There is no need to sell into the buy wall.  We will execute it on your behalf.  We'll try to get it done as soon as possible, but there is a lot of work on the backend that happens for integrity check and for backing up data for auditing reasons.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:49:59 AM

FYI, it will take us a day or two to reconcile everything.  A lot of the work comes from verifying every trade and then executing the buy back.  There is no need to sell into the buy wall.  We will execute it on your behalf.  We'll try to get it done as soon as possible, but there is a lot of work on the backend that happens for integrity check and for backing up data for auditing reasons.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex
Thanks for dropping in richie.   Grin
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:56:33 AM

let me get this straight..... the people who bought in get their coins back? or no? it seems there is some confusion in the messages that have been sent... AMIRITE???

I thought you were forever a die hard R3d fan to the grave? just donate to the team man.. atleast its going to a good cause Smiley

um, its called sarcasm.. you really couldnt tell i was making fun of people like you? lol!

weekend made.. thanks lady

Lol nice try come again
yak

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:58:36 AM

let me get this straight..... the people who bought in get their coins back? or no? it seems there is some confusion in the messages that have been sent... AMIRITE???

I thought you were forever a die hard R3d fan to the grave? just donate to the team man.. atleast its going to a good cause Smiley

um, its called sarcasm.. you really couldnt tell i was making fun of people like you? lol!

Lol nice try come again

uh no.. really... go ask anyone in irc... cuz i was actually making fun of you in there at the time as well...

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 01:01:37 AM

Lol nice try come again

uh no.. really... go ask anyone in irc... cuz i was actually making fun of you in there at the time as well...

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:19:36 AM

Lol nice try come again

Haha awesome doest really affect me coming from you.

Funny that all my comments here were valid and probaby saved people time and money.. gluck tryingto sell into a buy wall that will be gone before you get a chance Smiley
yak

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

gluck tryingto sell into a buy wall that will be gone before you get a chance Smiley

you really don't know how this works?

i don't know whats worse, your trolling, your possibly ignorance, or your programming

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:31:49 AM

gluck tryingto sell into a buy wall that will be gone before you get a chance Smiley

you really don't know how this works?

i don't know whats worse, your trolling, your possibly ignorance, or your programming

Plz explain oh wise one! You know programming? Perhaps you can shed some light on how you would do anything better.. sigh some kids these days!
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 01:33:30 AM

Lol nice try come again

Funny that all my comments here were valid and probaby saved people time and money.. gluck tryingto sell into a buy wall that will be gone before you get a chance Smiley

First, we'll see how "valid" your comments were.  Second, where is your logic that a wall for only the exact amount of coins that were sold, will be gone before he can sell into it?  Really, take a step back and re-think your logic - maybe even edit your post.  Then I'd recommend having a real developer check over your code as well, considering if simple logic like that escapes you - there could be quite a few bugs littering your code.  Also, I thought you were out of this thread yet you continue to chime in with useless attempts at quips.  By the way, if you need someone to code syscoin's features into the Qt, I can handle that for you guys.  I'm also fully aware of the fact that it's lacking anything but commandline because you couldn't figure out how to hook into the signals/slots and the rest of the logic for those features.  I'm here to help - just reach out.

Best regards,

syntaks

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:47:36 AM

Lol nice try come again

First, we'll see how "valid" your comments were.  Second, where is your logic that a wall for only the exact amount of coins that were sold, will be gone before he can sell into it?  Really, take a step back and re-think your logic - maybe even edit your post.  Then I'd recommend having a real developer check over your code as well, considering if simple logic like that escapes you - there could be quite a few bugs littering your code.  Also, I thought you were out of this thread yet you continue to chime in with useless attempts at quips.  By the way, if you need someone to code syscoin's features into the Qt, I can handle that for you guys.  I'm also fully aware of the fact that it's lacking anything but commandline because you couldn't figure out how to hook into the signals/slots and the rest of the logic for those features.  I'm here to help - just reach out.

Best regards,

syntaks
Dont worry I assure you I know what im doing. I only speak to trolls at their intelligence level. Ok so now we are talking. The only qt screen missing is for offers I did the alias one and I can probably do it faster but we  can probably do everything you need through a script on our next platform it would be great to joim forces if you guys know what you are doing at the core level. Pm me! Ill explain to you how.
AforAmethyst

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:56:07 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 02:13:49 AM by AforAmethyst

FYI, it will take us a day or two to reconcile everything ...  There is no need to sell into the buy wall.  We will execute it on your behalf ...
richie@bittrex

Look, this is simple. In less than two days we will be reimbursed automatically. You've heard it from the horses mouth. End of story (hopefully!). Better luck next time R3D Team.
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 01:56:34 AM

Lol nice try come again

Best regards,

syntaks
Dont worry I assure you I know what im doing. I only speak to trolls at their intelligence level. Ok so now we are talking. The only qt screen missing is for offers I did the alias one and I can probably do it faster but we  can probably do everything you need through a script on our next platform it would be great to joim forces if you guys know what you are doing at the core level. Pm me! Ill explain to you how.

Assumptions are some of the most fundamental mistakes that can be made in any situation while only providing the most detrimental results.  How we're doing what we're doing, and how you attempt to approach what we're doing - are different details all in themselves.  The alias screen was a given - considering NMC already had it in there.  After what I've seen displayed by you here as well as what I do know about what it's like to be in an environment with you, I wouldn't ever consider putting this team in the position to tolerate it on a direct level.  Thanks anyhow.

Best regards,

syntaks

kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:42:58 AM

so this project wont be continued? it still has a nice 50 BTC invested
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:52:17 AM

jeeeesus christ. it amazes me just how many tards are in crypto. and how many who can't read for shit
yak

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:31:46 PM

jeeeesus christ. it amazes me just how many tards are in crypto. and how many who can't read for shit

hahahahahaahah

its nearly mind boggling isnt it

Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:33:05 PM

Hey all,

Unlucky on the CFC but I hope the project can find other ways to fund their goals.

Please remember the Devs had to put up some BTC (something like 10btc approx) to even get Bittrex to manage this CFC.
From what I understand from basic maths is as follows (+/-10 BTC - +/-10 BTC = ZERO Smiley  Dev are out of pocket on this one, atleast from the CFC fee's alone.  

A failed CFC will mean that trex will set up a buy wall @ 100 sats so you can sell back your coins at same price you purchased (100sats).

But the question is; will Bittrex charge you their standard fee or will their standard TX fee's be waived / omitted.
I suspect this would have been covered during negotiations for the CFC ??
Only the R3D dev and Rich/Ryan/bill would know answer to this, it may be included in the public ann bittrex always posts when they do CFC on specific details which make up the contract/agreement.

Keep in mind Bittrex are contractually obliged to follow the exact details of the CFC agreement.. So, whatever is in the agreement is what will happen.

If something has been missed out or was not covered in the agreement I suspect Bittrex Team have enough sense & experience to know the pitfalls and ensure its put right (whatever it could be and so long as its not their fault and wont cost them any money lol..)

Don't forget Bittrex has to maintain its image in the media/PR and its image in the Crypto community, so, I don't think anyone will get screwed over for a few BTC.

Give them time to sort out their DB and whatever other provisions which need to be put in place and I'm sure they will get it sorted out asap!.

I have only read the last page so I'm not sure if its has already been sorted out yet or not.

Best of Luck.
yak

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 03:26:14 PM

Hey all,

Unlucky on the CFC but I hope the project can find other ways to fund their goals.

Please remember the Devs had to put up some BTC (something like 10btc approx) to even get Bittrex to manage this CFC.
From what I understand from basic maths is as follows (+/-10 BTC - +/-10 BTC = ZERO Smiley  Dev are out of pocket on this one, atleast from the CFC fee's alone.  

A failed CFC will mean that trex will set up a buy wall @ 100 sats so you can sell back your coins at same price you purchased (100sats).

But the question is; will Bittrex charge you their standard fee or will their standard TX fee's be waived / omitted.
I suspect this would have been covered during negotiations for the CFC ??
Only the R3D dev and Rich/Ryan/bill would know answer to this, it may be included in the public ann bittrex always posts when they do CFC on specific details which make up the contract/agreement.

Keep in mind Bittrex are contractually obliged to follow the exact details of the CFC agreement.. So, whatever is in the agreement is what will happen.

If something has been missed out or was not covered in the agreement I suspect Bittrex Team have enough sense & experience to know the pitfalls and ensure its put right (whatever it could be and so long as its not their fault and wont cost them any money lol..)

Don't forget Bittrex has to maintain its image in the media/PR and its image in the Crypto community, so, I don't think anyone will get screwed over for a few BTC.

Give them time to sort out their DB and whatever other provisions which need to be put in place and I'm sure they will get it sorted out asap!.

I have only read the last page so I'm not sure if its has already been sorted out yet or not.

Best of Luck.

i think its 7.5btc and yes richie from bittrex has already posted on this thread that peoples btc will be refunded automatically in the next couple days... after the end of the cfc they do an audit of the db to make sure everyone is going to get the right amount back (which is apparently why it takes a couple days after according to richie)

Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:19:17 PM

i think its 7.5btc

Yes that's correct.. I forget the exact price..

yes richie from bittrex has already posted on this thread that peoples btc will be refunded automatically in the next couple days...

I thought as much, Without sounding like I am blowing Bittrex trumpet they are a pretty decent bunch of guys, who in turn, offer a good service for devs & the crypto community as a whole.

..after the end of the cfc they do an audit of the db to make sure everyone is going to get the right amount back (which is apparently why it takes a couple days after according to richie)

That is exactly what happens.. Factors which would delay the process would include their workload at the time considering the management of the exchange in general (and as a whole) and depending on the number of transactions they need to backtrack for this CFC it will take some time to audit correctly..

BUT I should say delays like this should be non-existent or should not be such an issue as I assume, by now, considering the number of CFC done by Trex they would have automated the vast majority of the process and cut their lead time down greatly for this exact issue of failed CFC and the refunds process which follows..

If memory serves me right Bill is the DB/back-end guy richie to..

Just a final word for the R3D Community, Stay strong and try to figure out other means to raise the funds, perhaps stagger your fundraising period, Break it down into smaller chunks and raise funds per deliverable portion of the project.

As for actual methods to get funding, perhaps some perseverance and bootstrap development for the interim period, make some progress on your plans, who knows maybe you get lucky and spotted by serious investors who could help take this project to its conclusion.

But once again good luck!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: