Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2016 and WHY  (Read 110178 times)
BTCat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:51:39 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2016, 01:19:59 PM by BTCat

What is in your opinion the best altcoin to invest in for 2016 and why. Pls add why folks.  Cheesy

I'm still in Primecoin XPM, CryptoBullion CBX, and Horizon HZ for longterm. Those have solid reputation and a good base for growth.

*** I do not recommend to invest in any mentioned coins without proper research, how it was launched, how it developed, community involvement, adoption rate, price history and volume, etc. So do your homework cause you're the only one responsible for your funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:56:42 AM

I just don't know anymore with the Alts, the ones I thought might have a pretty future like XAI are looking more like a scam and it's rife with scams all over the place.
I will keep an eye on this thread to see what the response is.  there is one Alt I am sticking with as I have been there since the start and it is a no BS coin, TRI (Triangles)  small supply, good devs with updates as and when, no promises made, cool Android app Trider, and a catchy little tagline "you know why..." Smiley
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:29:52 AM

i would get out of Horizon and get into Qora. Why? Qora has unique tech, a functional fast decentralized blogging and social network feature including a search engine / web directory. Further, the coin offers AT. Not many coins do that. For all the tech it offers, the price is totally undervalued, compared to other POS coins like NXT, NEM or HZN.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:26:14 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727004.new  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 10:34:20 AM

must be bagholder of these shit coins, never heard of them beside primecoin.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:50:10 AM

Monero.  

And if you have any money left over, buy more Monero. 

It's the biggest thing since the original bitcoin.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:13:56 AM

must be bagholder of these shit coins, never heard of them beside primecoin.

Ignorance is bliss indeed Smiley.

To OP:
All of them are relative old and established coins, but for me CBX seems to be a flawed idea and I never seen asset backed coins working really well, and XPM was a nice idea but it never gained too much traction, in addition Curecoin and Gridcoin are a better options for "computing for good" enthusiasts.
IMO from your stock HZ is the only one what have the potential for gaining some momentum.

If you like experimenting then you can try Qora and maybe Monero (hopefully they will be able to turn up with a useful client by 2016).
As main investment option you might want to think about a mix of "2.0" coins (NXT, Ethereum, Bitshares, etc.).
KhalDrago

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:36:07 AM

These Threads are the most hopeless way to advertise your shitcoin. A good coin that has a legit team and marketing doesn't need such Threads.. but i guess some coins are so shit that outside the crypto nobody would even care so this is their only way hah.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:43:29 AM

The best one for 2016 hasn't been released yet. Be patient. The low for cryptocurrency is coming in Spring. You do not want to be rushing in now.

The reason why is given here:

Next year we will bottom and see the interest in private assets grow again, but it will be driven more by anti-government sentiment (due to expropriation in the EU) and thus anonymous coins will receive much more interest than Bitcoin.
I don't know if XMR fulfills your anonymity needs, but this time around, seems to be the best there is for most people. Besides, it seems to enjoy the warmth of the pockets of some of the strongest players within the BTC infrastructure.

Hey that is all good. I have no complaint. I don't think it entirely fills my needs, but it is better than nothing.

Well I sort of replied to macgsa again. Sorry this is getting off topic of this thread.

Wexlike in theory you can mix your coins after purchase through the exchange, then obscure which coins are yours. Hopefully you'll be selling in the future to a buyer who is handing you physical gold, cash, or physical/virtual goods & services. For example xmr.to shapeshift.io allow you to pay in XMR to a BTC merchant.

However you do raise one issue which is that authorities can force you to reveal your private keys if they know you ever purchased coins. So then the mixes become useless. Also by unmasking others, the anonymity sets for all reduce and everyone's anonymity suffers.

So yes there needs to be a way for people to obtain anonymous currency anonymously via mining and selling their services anonymously. You could in theory rent compute time on Amazon AWS to mine coins anonymous, but then again can you trust that your code uploaded to AWS isn't tracked?

You see without an anonymous internet, the entire thing is hopeless. So the current crop of anonymous coins are incomplete.

foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:43:40 AM

take a look at $GEO. dev is very active, have solid community there, and development is still going on.
price was recently stable at 8k. here is the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=923995.2040
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:06:58 PM

HZ lost a lot of reputation a past months away. They have to build it up again and come out with much more "innovation"
BTCat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:24:35 PM

To OP:
All of them are relative old and established coins, but for me CBX seems to be a flawed idea and I never seen asset backed coins working really well...

CBX is not backed by any assets. The 'Prove of Value' network is just an idea that is shaping since last month as a sideproject.

Everyone their opinion, I think Horizon has more growth potential than NXT at the moment, not saying it's better or worse as a coin.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:41:08 PM

Everyone their opinion, I think Horizon has more growth potential than NXT at the moment, not saying it's better or worse as a coin.

Indeed if the the site admins on horizonplatform could manage to pull themselves together then HZ definitely would have some growth potential, mostly because of they only have to take parts of the NXT code, so no need to spend money and time on developing those elements. Anyway with time it could be an "NXTLite" if they can actively recruit new users.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 01:06:40 PM

HZ lost a lot of reputation a past months away. They have to build it up again and come out with much more "innovation"

How so?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:20:15 PM

How so?

I've seen people complaining about missing payments from horizonplatform, the faucet constantly dying, others had some issues with the node payments, and I guess that was enough to get the reputation of a suspected scam. You know, old stuff but very true: the secrets behind every long lasting friendships are prompt payments and accurate accounting Smiley.
Ducky1

Activity: 966

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:36:39 PM

http://www.paradimeshift.org/2015/08/why-startcoin-why-now.html

.█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
.CARTESI.📱.LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS.
                               .█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
tradoz

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:20:25 PM

Do we really need this thread because 2016 is still far to come and there will come many changes into our choice before the end of this year.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 08:26:21 PM

Do we really need this thread because 2016 is still far to come and there will come many changes into our choice before the end of this year.

Sure we do! At a minimum, there's be a necro-thread reviver next year who'll go through (some of) it and see how the picks turned out.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

These threads are useless. Newbies beware.

Bagholders promoting whatever they got suckered into buying and scammy coins advertising.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
KhalDrago

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:59:50 PM

These threads are useless. Newbies beware.

Bagholders promoting whatever they got suckered into buying and scammy coins advertising.

Winning comment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: