Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:36:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2016 and WHY  (Read 110178 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:47:16 AM

Stop fudding, you sound slightly cray cray

Reality trumps your emotional problem.

When what I wrote comes true yet again, then you will learn as others have had to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:05:55 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 07:26:14 AM by fartbags

$ETH, 420 coins ($POT, $CANN, $THC, $DOPE, $CCN, $STV, $MARYJ), $BTC, $LTC, $PPC, $HZ, $NXT, $XMR, $GEO, $XDN, $BITZ, $SEX, $FRK, $IOC, $XCP, $ENRG, $MYR, $XMG, $MAID, $NMC, $BLK, $CURE, $DOGE, $DOGED, $BURST, $OC, $HBN, $MINT, $MONA, $RDD, $SWARM, $SJCX, $VTC, $DVC, $VNL.

Hold on... I'm sure I own at least another 100 different coins Tongue I must write them all down so you people know which coins to buy.

Any of the soon to be released $ETH clones! Or any of the coins listed above that decide to do a fully automated swap to the $ETH source code! $ETH clones are gonna be on fire.

horace0812

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:11:53 AM

still think of LTC, but I dunno why

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:14:37 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 04:32:31 AM by TPTB_need_war

Afaics his abstract paper does not deal with some of the intricacies of the economics that have to be solved in order to make the design actually work in the real world.
You see that often in unseasoned theorists.

Someone asked me in a PM for my opinion of VanillaCoin. I just expended 15 minutes studying it for the first time:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=977245.0

The DarkPP stuff is vaporware and no details are available.

It claims some efficiency improvements over Bitcoin and Peercoin. Appears the developer is a seasoned P2P networking programmer. If I had to venture a guess, he probably was a former developer of a Bittorrent client.

The main feature of significance is the zero confirmation time research which attempts to gain a faster consensus. Unfortunately he seems to entirely forget any game theory analysis. The Byzantine fault tolerance in proof-of-work consensus is due to game theory incentives given by the proof-of-work rewards. He expects these peers to behave a certain optimum way when they are not being paid to do so. Many faults will be found in his design because of this. I don't have time to go outline the faults.

Satoshi was a lot more astute than many people might realize. If you are going to improve upon Satoshi's work, you need to be very sharp.

To those wondering if double spend is possible, a bounty is available. Could probably be paid in BTC if preferred.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1148745.0

My reply there, please go there for further discussion and their rebuttal:

How much is the bounty?

Will it pay out if I just tell you how it can be done?

It is pretty simple actually. Bribe some nodes by sharing some of the double-spend theft.

There is created an incentive to aggregate mining power in order to sell capacity to double-spend. It is an economics issue. Just because it can't be accomplished on the controlled testnet is irrelevant.

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:04:17 AM

$ETH, 420 coins ($POT, $CANN, $THC, $DOPE, $CCN, $STV, $MARYJ), $BTC, $LTC, $PPC, $HZ, $NXT, $XMR, $GEO, $XDN, $BITZ, $SEX, $FRK, $IOC, $XCP, $ENRG, $MYR, $XMG, $MAID, $NMC, $BLK, $CURE, $DOGE, $DOGED, $BURST, $OC, $HBN, $MINT, $MONA, $RDD, $SWARM, $SJCX, $VTC, $DVC, $VNL.

Hold on... I'm sure I own at least another 100 different coins Tongue I must write them all down so you people know which coins to buy.

Think there are some coins in your post who will finish very high on the list; "Best altcoins investements 2016"
 Smiley

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:46:49 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 12:53:04 PM by TPTB_need_war

In general, I think there are only three legit/non-scam projects going right now. I also think when the EU communist nazi fascist dictatorship central committee finishes banning cash, that about thirty percent of the EU GDP that is underground will begin to shift into Bitcoin and the alts. So we may see 2000x increases and about six trillion a year of capital flowing into Bitcoin/alts.

Another developer who thinks anonymity is more than a fascination, but what anonymity features does his Skycoin have?

I don't know what to make of this Skycoin. There is some technical talent. Appears maybe they are sincere. Yet they post a lot of scary words without sufficient citations to prove these scare monger claims, e.g. the claims of doctor in Texas doing bioweapon testing on prisoners. Is that something you read on some Alex Jones site?

Yet the technical results achieved thus far are not so spectacular but not worthless either (see my analysis of the consensus algorithm white paper in the prior post).

I can't decide if this is scam, or what. Seems like maybe a somewhat technically knowledgeable westerner who is shoestring traveling across Asia who writes the long scare monger posts (which may have some validity but seem exaggerated), and he collects the money and pays the Chinese researcher who did the consensus algorithm white paper?

I really don't know.

I don't know how any one can buy an IPO for something that isn't finished and available for trade  Huh

Is there any mechanism by which Skycoins can be sold, so that people who invested in the IPO can divest if they want to? And others can purchase their coins?

The absence of a trading market is indicative of scam. Skycoin please try to correct this asap.

Perhaps you are legit. So please don't leave IPO investors trapped in a non-transparent market.

Or were they told they were angel investors with indefinite time frame for liquidity?

I am really not trying to rain on your parade. I left your thread for the past months. Recently one of your IPO investors asked if I could take a look at the recently released white paper. So I did as a courtesy to him.

Also I want to say thank you, because I got one of my inspirations for a design from this thread some months ago. So again I recognize there is some technical knowledge here. Just not sure about the execution and organization.

Good luck.

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:10:33 PM

$WBB coin

see their thread, huge exchange coming out and everything.
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:52:55 PM

Peercoin - Invented proof of stake, active dev, peershares , need i say more?
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:36:37 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:47:33 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

btccashacc
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:46:41 AM

im buy LITECOIN at price 10$  and i lose 1.5 BTC  Cry

now im hate all shitcoin and try to focus bitcoin
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 02:00:52 AM

LTC, ETH, VNL
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:53:32 AM

After Bitcoin is hyped,kinds of Altcoins appears, including the well known Litecoin, Mastercoin,Primecoin,Ripple,Novacoin and other tens of altcoins. These altcoins almost own a set of complex rules,mixed with special computer games. If one is not graduated from computer major,or have a deep research on their originator Bitcoin, it is hard for them to understand so called altcoins in short time. These coins belong to the second generation of altcoins headed by bitcoins and have no central issuer and solution to solve the currency inflation and other problem. But no one promotes it since there is no central issuer and main beneficiary, so it grows up by its own charm. In this way, its price rises and drops suddenly and sharply.
leipebarry

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:47:03 PM

Guldencoin: In my opinion the most undervalued altcoin out there. This will be the currency of the Netherlands in the future. Everywhere you can pay with Bitcoin you are able to pay with Guldencoin and vice versa. A very strong community and the development is just beyong belief.

Startcoin: Can be used for crowdfunding, when you have your Startcoin on the StartJoin platform you get Startcoins rewarded every week depending on how many Startcoins you have there and the projects you pledge pledge.
Furthermore you can do real investments on BNKtothefuture platform.
My predicition is this is going to be bigger than Litecoin in regards to value per coin

Digibyte: This coin will be the worlds digital currency eventually. As Bitcoin will eventually be the  ''digital Gold'' for storevalue, Digibyte is going to be the currency of the world. Currently some big projects going on where they are taking on a whole shopping area to accept Digibyte.

Why these 3 coins?

1. I know who the devs/creators are (not anonymous)
2. Development keeps going on with these coins
3. These coins have value, you can actually buy stuff or invest in projects with these coins
4. Community of these coins are buzzing and growing and aiming for big adoption. Just check youtube

1 Bitcoin
1000 Startcoin
100.000 Guldencoin
1.000.000 Digiyte

in a coldwallet, wait 5 years and you will buy a house with them.

kushti

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 04:43:40 PM

Nxt - price is crazy cheap, and development remains to be crazy active  Smiley

Ergo Platform core dev. Previously IOHK Research / Nxt core dev / SmartContract.com cofounder.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:43:13 AM

Nxt - price is crazy cheap, and development remains to be crazy active  Smiley

jl777 is still very active coding. I have not been able to remain fully informed about what he is accomplishing in detail. Thus I can't offer any opinion at this time.

I will tell you that in private discussions with him, he readily grasps insights in terms of designs. And he doesn't waste time posting in forums like I do. The difficulty I have in interfacing with him is I find it very difficult to comprehend his descriptions of his algorithms. He appears to be a talented person who is handicapped in terms of writing technical documentation, which he readily admits and others have noticed too. One thing is he is admirably old school and believes in "shut up and code".

leipebarry

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:35:29 AM

Nxt - price is crazy cheap, and development remains to be crazy active  Smiley

jl777 is still very active coding. I have not been able to remain fully informed about what he is accomplishing in detail. Thus I can't offer any opinion at this time.

I will tell you that in private discussions with him, he readily grasps insights in terms of designs. And he doesn't waste time posting in forums like I do. The difficulty I have in interfacing with him is I find it very difficult to comprehend his descriptions of his algorithms. He appears to be a talented person who is handicapped in terms of writing technical documentation, which he readily admits and others have noticed too. One thing is he is admirably old school and believes in "shut up and code".

Can you imagine your mom or dad using Bitcoin it would be easy to explain right?
Now let them use Nxt and explain how it works to them. Nxt is not user friendly.

Furthermore who are the developers in Nxt? The lead dev(s) are anomymous and that is a big red flag.

Where am I able to use Nxt online or offline to buy goods/food. (Very very limited)

Now compare that to Digibyte, Guldencoin and Startcoin...

Guldencoin has upgraded their Nocks.nl for using Bitcoin and Guldencoin worldwide
Digibyte has the shop houseofbluejeans install tofugear products for using Digibyte
Startcoin recently launched Start-Chat

And the updates and development goes on and on.
btccashacc
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:42:23 AM

and more shitcoin come from Nxt asset  Grin
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:06:19 AM

My thoughts about general features to look for...

...anyone have other ideas on very important features?

Excellent poll choices. I wish there was a choice for "side step KYC", but I guess "decentralization" and "ease of access" covered that.

I voted:

Anonymity
Decentralization
Ease of Access

Edit: one of important factors in distribution is giving a wide range of people the reason to obtain your coin. So to those who say a use case doesn't matter, I think they are delirious.

Nothing else besides anonymity is ever gonna be enough to ever match (or unseat) bitcoin.

Disagree. I think instant transactions and scaling to microtransaction volume (million transactions per second) will unseat Bitcoin.

Anonymity will become more important, but most people in the world don't care about anonymity. They care about social media and stuff like that. Monetizing that with microtransactions is the huge market.

Anonymity could end up being very important as the bankrupt States of the world start to tax everything that moves. Chicago is going to tax video streaming on the internet.

But these anonymity markets may be much slower to develop than microtransaction markets. I'd pursue both if I did a coin.

What marketing plans do you suggest for Monero? I also believe that Monero has the best tech but could benefit from more effective promotion

I would suggest making it super easy for people to mix BTC. Then try to hook them into using XMR from there.

I would suggest creating new uses for anonymous coins and especially combined with microtransactions.

leipebarry

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:25:54 AM

and more shitcoin come from Nxt asset  Grin

Everybody is selling their nxt and all the other things linked to it.
Everybody now wants Bitcoin, Digibyte, Guldencoin and Startcoin.
TheORBlord

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:36:12 AM

I believe Orbitcoin (ORB) the future space reserve currency
will be the best investment for 2016, just like it has for 2015
 Grin

3 months ago 100 ORB = $1 now its $4.88 per 100 and has touched $6 two weeks ago.

I lay out why I believe Orbitcoin is the best currency to save for your early retirement within this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1150046.0
Please check it out

Or give Orbitcoin a google research before you start badmouthing a currency with the most advanced PoS code in the world.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: