Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:56:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:43:24 PM

The fact is that Core has not increased the blocksize and they have no plan in place to do so either. What you are saying does not change this reality.
What kind of fact is that? Even if they thought so, they aren't allowed to change their mind? Very weird thinking.
The fact is that right now Core will not increase the blocksize and they have not publicly stated their definitive plans to do so. It is strange that you find it so difficult to acknowledge this fact.
More disgusting lies  Angry

Shame on you.
Please enlighten me and show where the Core development team has officially stated that they will definitely increase the blocksize. Has the Code been written and implemented? What is the date for increasing the blocksize and by how much will it be increased? I would presume this code is already active in the latest version of Core then? Show me evidence of this, I am waiting?
I presume you are unable to provide evidence to the contrary, so please refrain from unjustly calling me a liar then, thank you.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:44:06 PM

Bitcoin XT? Blasphemy!
It's been the tradition of Bitcoin to have the same block size for all fucking eternity ever.
These liberals are destroying our anti-centralist values.
I propose we make core the only valid client and the biggest pool right now the only valid pool that way we can keep these centralist blasphemers from dirtying our bitcoin.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:44:55 PM

The fact is that Core has not increased the blocksize and they have no plan in place to do so either. What you are saying does not change this reality.
What kind of fact is that? Even if they thought so, they aren't allowed to change their mind? Very weird thinking.
The fact is that right now Core will not increase the blocksize and they have not publicly stated their definitive plans to do so. It is strange that you find it so difficult to acknowledge this fact.

Shame on you.
Please enlighten me and show where the Core development team has officially stated that they will definitely increase the blocksize. Has the Code been written and implemented? What is the date for increasing the blocksize and by how much will it be increased? I would presume this code is already active in the latest version of Core then? Show me evidence of this, I am waiting?
I presume you are unable to provide evidence to the contrary, so please refrain from unjustly calling me a liar then, thank you.

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:45:51 PM

The XT supporters make their true intentions clear:

Quote from: Peter R
I think what your missing is that the only consensus that matters is that formed by the longest persistent chain. If the longest chain includes blocks larger than 1 MB, well that is just Bitcoin's consensus system doing what it's supposed to do. If--in the distant future--there was some important reason to maintain a small perpetual inflation rate, then the longest chain would probably include some small perpetual inflation.

THE REST OF MY QUOTE: But these sorts of events are not to be feared--they are what allows Bitcoin to adapt to challenges as they arise. They would not result in bitcoins having no value as some fear, but are what prevents Bitcoin from losing its value in the face of obstacles.

This is what the Bitcoin experiment is all about! If we can't trust the market to make good decisions for the health of Bitcoin--and if we really do need people like Greg and Adam making those decisions for us--then Bitcoin has already failed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3siyff/theymos_asked_for_a_reason_to_propose_any_block/cwxuv81

press it! Cheesy

Why?  Because the idea that Bitcoin is ultimately controlled by the market is too dangerous?

If you truly believe so why not advocate to have the limit removed already??

The inflation rate is already governed by the market.  The market is entirely happy with the 25 BTC block rewards.  I also strongly suspect that the market will reduce the block reward to 12.5 BTC at the scheduled halving next summer.

Ah, he suppressed the rest of the quote. Surprise!
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:47:00 PM

The inflation rate is already governed by the market.  The market is entirely happy with the 25 BTC block rewards.  I also strongly suspect that the market will reduce the block reward to 12.5 BTC at the scheduled halving next summer.

not the market you dummy.. the protocol.
the very same that you cant change with your stupid gif.
Peter R
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:48:25 PM

Bitcoin XT? Blasphemy!
It's been the tradition of Bitcoin to have the same block size for all fucking eternity ever.

The block size has been growing ~exponentially:

These liberals are destroying our anti-centralist values.
I propose we make core the only valid client and the biggest pool right now the only valid pool that way we can keep these centralist blasphemers from dirtying our bitcoin.

Well played, well played Wink

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 09:51:13 PM

I dunno; ask the hundreds of people who up-voted it before it was deleted. 
You mean either one of these two:
1) Hundreds of shill accounts up-voting;
2) Deluding the average Joe with false charts.

Which one is it?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:51:27 PM

Bitcoin XT? Blasphemy!

The block size has been growing ~exponentially

lmao. you shameless troll.
cant even recognize an exponential chart.
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:52:10 PM

Shame on you.

Now will you please fork off  Angry

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:55:16 PM

The inflation rate is already governed by the market.  The market is entirely happy with the 25 BTC block rewards.  I also strongly suspect that the market will reduce the block reward to 12.5 BTC at the scheduled halving next summer.

The market defines the protocol. One small dev team is not the market.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:57:43 PM

lel nope. try again.
im done explaining such basics to you idiot.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:58:45 PM

LOL the graph that is logarithmic in the axis but linear in the colour, that one is not quite as laughable as the made up scenario but still a good chuckle. RED ALERT haha.

What a charlatan. Peter R. Rizun.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:00:43 PM

I dunno; ask the hundreds of people who up-voted it before it was deleted. 
You mean either one of these two:
1) Hundreds of shill accounts up-voting;
2) Deluding the average Joe with false charts.

Which one is it?

Ah, an elitist who believes his opinion is worth more than that of hundreds average Joes.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:05:00 PM

LOL the graph that is logarithmic in the axis but linear in the colour, that one is not quite as laughable as the made up scenario but still a good chuckle. RED ALERT haha.

What a charlatan. Peter R. Rizun.

meheh, besides much 'exponential' curve there..

The block size has been growing ~exponentially

to the 4 shills, thx for the night banter, been a while since we did not make such fun at you loosers.

im out, night ladies.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:05:23 PM

Shame on you.

Now will you please fork off  Angry
Even BIP101 is within the Bitcoin improvement proposal scheme, that does not mean it will be implemented however. The fact is that none of the BIP proposals that intend to increase the blocksize have been implemented by Core and no definitive plans have been made by Core to implement any of these proposals in the future. Since Wladimir does have the final say in terms of what gets implemented into Core regardless of what anyone else thinks. So please refrain from calling me a liar, since even if I am wrong, if I am sincere I am not a liar. Calling me a liar implies that you know my intention and motivation which you do not, so please stop, since you are only making yourself look foolish by resorting to such attacks.
Peter R
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:10:20 PM

to the 4 shills, thx for the night banter, been a while since we did not make such fun at you loosers.

im out, night ladies.

Sweet dreams and stay loose my friend Wink

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:12:02 PM

Shame on you.

Even BIP101 is within the Bitcoin improvement proposal scheme, that does not mean it will be implemented however. The fact is that none of the BIP proposals that intend to increase the blocksize have been implemented by Core and no definitive plans have been made by Core to implement any of these proposals in the future. Since Wladimir does have the final say in terms of what gets implemented into Core regardless of what anyone else thinks. So please refrain from calling me a liar, since even if I am wrong, if I am sincere I am not a liar. Calling me a liar implies that you know my intention and motivation which you do not, so please stop, since you are only making yourself look foolish by resorting to such attacks.

I do know your intentions, it is to manipulate and lie your way out of things. A perfect little puppet of your master Mike Hearn, olympic champion of deception.

Fork off my thread now would ya?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:17:15 PM

lel nope. try again.
im done explaining such basics to you idiot.

It's the economy, stupid. It's not your Politbüro.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:22:43 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 10:40:05 PM by VeritasSapere

Shame on you.

I do know your intentions, it is to manipulate and lie your way out of things. A perfect little puppet of your master Mike Hearn, olympic champion of deception.

Fork off my thread now would ya?
You should have maybe started this thread on Reddit instead then, that way you could have censored all dissenting opinion. Bitcointalk is supposed to be a place for free discussion, so I will continue to express myself here, present my theories and counter opposing arguments.
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:22:52 PM

Shame on you.

They are not able to realize their self-destruction with this kind of 'discussion'. As if notorious name calling ever could convince the community.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: