Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:57:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 137460 times)
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:42:16 AM

https://bitfinex.com/pages/stats
Bitfinex Greed Score: 30156.0

BFX users made awesome profits, but they decided to leave the profits on the table, I hope traders take profits before the market change direction and take that gain off the table

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:27:02 AM

LOL

I would like to know how these numbers are defined.  Grin
myself
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:28:44 AM

LOL

I would like to know how these numbers are defined.  Grin

https://community.bitfinex.com/showwiki.php?title=Bitfinex+Greed+Score https://community.bitfinex.com/showwiki.php?title=Bitfinex+Risk+Score

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

Is it just me, or does auto-lend have a tendency to get stuck?

I ended up with an item in my outstanding offers list equal to my full balance, which said "partially filled xxxxxx at vir, partially filled yyyyyy at vir, partially filled zzzzzz at vir". It was there for a couple days, during which time no one borrowed from me. Today I canceled it (without turning off auto-lend), and a little while later people are borrowing from me again.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:47:52 AM

Is it me or are those links not an explanation at all?
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:57:21 AM

Redeeming BTC by mtgox code gives the message in USD instead of BTC.  The actual transferring is correct though, cool instant system.
picobit

Decor in numeris

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:36:24 AM

No explanation at all.  Give me a formula, then there is a chance I will understand it.  Smiley
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:05:14 AM

The greed score seems close to the profit in US dollars that traders might have made, but not cashed in. If there is a net long position of $100,000 - a $30,000 profit makes sense from the last $100 to $130 rise.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
myself
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:00:42 AM

The greed score seems close to the profit in US dollars that traders might have made, but not cashed in. If there is a net long position of $100,000 - a $30,000 profit makes sense from the last $100 to $130 rise.
like it say on the risk page is not a usd amount, we wont make the formula public 

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:39:54 PM

No explanation at all.  Give me a formula, then there is a chance I will understand it.  Smiley

+1

Meaningless numbers.

myself
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:49:12 PM

+1

Meaningless numbers.
that wont happen, we wont make public the formula so some bigger traders can exploit it and move the market to trigger forced liquidations

picobit

Decor in numeris

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:15:45 PM

+1

Meaningless numbers.
that wont happen, we wont make public the formula so some bigger traders can exploit it and move the market to trigger forced liquidations
If that is what you use it for, you should not even publish the value.  The evil manipulator might experiment with moving the market until he worked out the formula, or perhaps just enough correlations to be able to manipulate it.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:27:46 PM

+1

Meaningless numbers.
If that is what you use it for, you should not even publish the value.  The evil manipulator might experiment with moving the market until he worked out the formula, or perhaps just enough correlations to be able to manipulate it.

i think that's very hard to figure out there are way to many variables
¿maybe at some point we need to make a contest for that hehe?

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:00:27 PM

Hello everyone,

While we won't make formula public, it's not hard to guess approximately what these numbers represent. Let just say that users make a lot of profits with us Smiley

Raphael
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:22:25 PM

Announcement:

Dear Customers

As you all know, we temporarily changed our commission rates a few days ago.
The lag on MtGox engine was eating our profit in big chunks and we even ended up some days making a small loss (we much more prefer to make a small profit than a small loss!). We understand MtGox has to deal with their own increase in users as much as they can, and this is in no way a critic of their service.
As a matter of fact the lag, which can sometimes arrive to several minutes doesn't allow us to promptly execute the orders coming from our customers and when this is originating a loss we prefer to take it in order to keep our customers happy.
We understand our success depends on this and we don't mind ending a day having made no money, but with the certainty of having put another brick on the wall of our community.
In other words we prefer to focus on the long term, even if this is sometimes painful.

To make a long story short ,despite our arrangement the situation kept getting worse on the MtGox side (yesterday was a really painful day) and thus we are obliged to make a further small adjustment as follows:

-10% of generated lending interests (no change)
-0.5% of the whole amount of trades made on Mtgox (no change)
-0.1% of the whole amount of trades made on Bitfinex (this was taken down to 0% a few days ago on a marketing effort that happily paid back, keep reading below...)

Last but not least we are proud to announce that the amount of transactions made on our platform is increasing by the day.
They are still a small percentage of the total (pushing 20%), but we keep believing in the fact that our customers will soon realize that we offer a better service than any other trading platform at a fraction of the cost.
We promise we will keep them as low as we can, as we want you to be as profitable as possible with us
:-)

That's all folks, more and more news are on the pipeline.
Stay tuned and let us know if you have any questions.
Back to coding.
Raphael
Bitfinex Team
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:55:40 PM

Announcement:

Dear Customers

The lag on MtGox engine was eating our profit in big chunks and we even ended up some days making a small loss (we much more prefer to make a small profit than a small loss!). We understand MtGox has to deal with their own increase in users as much as they can, and this is in no way a critic of their service.
As a matter of fact the lag, which can sometimes arrive to several minutes doesn't allow us to promptly execute the orders coming from our customers and when this is originating a loss we prefer to take it in order to keep our customers happy.
We understand our success depends on this and we don't mind ending a day having made no money, but with the certainty of having put another brick on the wall of our community.
In other words we prefer to focus on the long term, even if this is sometimes painful.

To make a long story short ,despite our arrangement the situation kept getting worse on the MtGox side (yesterday was a really painful day) and thus we are obliged to make a further small adjustment as follows:

-0.1% of the whole amount of trades made on Bitfinex (this was taken down to 0% a few days ago on a marketing effort that happily paid back, keep reading below...)

Last but not least we are proud to announce that the amount of transactions made on our platform is increasing by the day.
They are still a small percentage of the total (pushing 20%), but we keep believing in the fact that our customers will soon realize that we offer a better service than any other trading platform at a fraction of the cost.
We promise we will keep them as low as we can, as we want you to be as profitable as possible with us

Back to coding.
Raphael
Bitfinex Team
Congratulations!
Keep up the good work,
I for one am happy to pay a bit more for you service Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:52:11 PM

Announcement:

Dear Customers

Back to coding.
Raphael
Bitfinex Team

Hope you are able to implement another exchange soon.  This gox lagging is dangerous, and I want bitfinex to thrive, its an awesome free-market idea.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:57:09 PM

DeadTerra, Thanks for your support. We really appreciate it Smiley

Spaceman,

It's closer than you think. We are doing things right and establishing a real partnership with "them" before using their service Smiley
Stay tuned, new features are coming!

Raphael
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:23:40 AM

All is going very well. Having another exchange added would be really good too.

Also Raphael, I was wondering whereabouts the option to siphon off some of the gained interest in the loans into buying Bitcoin is in regards to timeline?

I think the function would look like this:

1. userPercent = "amount user wants taken from interests (in percent) and exchanged on the spot for Bitcoin"
2. when interest is paid every day do the following:
2.1. take interest gained and take the userPercent amount to exchange wallet and put market buy order for that amount of Bitcoin
2.2. put the rest of interest gained back into deposit wallet for loans to the traders (as is the default right now anyway)

I know I already asked for this, But I just wanted to clarify how I imagine the user option would look like (Ask the user for a percentage to be added into bitcoins)

Also I understand your very busy with getting the company set up so I was curious what sort of timeline there is for this feature if you do decide to do it? 1 month? 6 months?

Thanks anyway Raphael.

J.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:36:31 PM

Yes, that would also be as I imagined a function like this. Also I'd like to add that the opposite (earning interest in btc and selling them for USD) might also be interesting for others. Another potential function could be to have a cutoff value (e.g. 20 USD per day) above which everything else gets converted to btc. That way one could for example mimic a traditional 5% bank account and everything above is automatically in bitcoins.

Anyways, please look into listing the bitfinex internal exchange on bitcoincharts, it is free promotion and gives nice data as well as helping in global price discovery.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: