Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473121 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:38:53 AM

Nxt had tops 70 original buyers ( real number probably closer to 30-40 based on activity ) who combined put in less than 2500 dollars. I won’t go into why Nxt evolved the way it did, but please stick to facts. IOTA raised approximately half a million from 350+ people.

Ethereum also did not raise 30 million, they raised (in BTC) around 18 million USD, which they failed to secure so they suffered a loss of 9 million dollars in volatility. So they were left with 9 million, which they burnt through quite rapidly through (my opinion) mismanagement of funds and overstaffing. Again, let’s stick to facts.

While Nxt was the first PoS coin, IOTA is the first blockless, quantum secure and lightweight token. So this argument is also not really a valid metric for hypothetical valuation of software.

Now to the real reason I am replying: please do not pollute the threads with speculation, make a separate thread about it. IOTA is an IoT tech project, not a pump and dump investor scheme. How much is the software going to be worth on launch? No one knows yet. How much will it be worth 1-2-3 months post-launch? NO ONE knows, and if they claim they do they are lying. This vacuous speculation only derails the real purpose of IOTA: real life IoT applications. This is the *only* thing that should be in focus here. If you only want to buy IOTA because CfB coded my vision with Mtchl’s formulas and math prowess and you got no other vision for IOTA yourself, then I don’t even see why you even want to buy it? You clearly have no idea what it even is and only look for a quick buck, sorry but we have explicitly stated repeatedly that we do not care about such leechers.

You are free to speculate all you want, but do not do it in any of the official IOTA threads please.

My apologies.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:44:46 AM

Nxt was the first POS coin and ETH collected 30 million dollars. They most likely spend $25000 on marketing every month, so there's no reason to take them into considetation.

Iota is not going to fifth place anytime soon and even what I'm willing to pay is risky. I know CfB is a damn genious so I'm ready to take that risk. If there wasn't him behind Iota I'd just put money in Lisk IPO which is already a solid tech.

Alright before this gets out of hand:

Nxt had tops 70 original buyers ( real number probably closer to 30-40 based on activity ) who combined put in less than 2500 dollars. I won’t go into why Nxt evolved the way it did, but please stick to facts. IOTA raised approximately half a million from 350+ people.

Ethereum also did not raise 30 million, they raised (in BTC) around 18 million USD, which they failed to secure so they suffered a loss of 9 million dollars in volatility. So they were left with 9 million, which they burnt through quite rapidly through (my opinion) mismanagement of funds and overstaffing. Again, let’s stick to facts.

While Nxt was the first PoS coin, IOTA is the first blockless, quantum secure and lightweight token. So this argument is also not really a valid metric for hypothetical valuation of software.

So that is 0/3 valid arguments from you. Now to the real reason I am replying: please do not pollute the threads with speculation, make a separate thread about it. IOTA is an IoT tech project, not a pump and dump investor scheme. How much is the software going to be worth on launch? No one knows yet. How much will it be worth 1-2-3 months post-launch? NO ONE knows, and if they claim they do they are lying. This vacuous speculation only derails the real purpose of IOTA: real life IoT applications. This is the *only* thing that should be in focus here. If you only want to buy IOTA because CfB coded my vision with Mtchl’s formulas and math prowess and you got no other vision for IOTA yourself, then I don’t even see why you even want to buy it? You clearly have no idea what it even is and only look for a quick buck, sorry but we have explicitly stated repeatedly that we do not care about such leechers.

You are free to speculate all you want, but do not do it in any of the official IOTA threads please.

How come I ended up with 0/3?

1. Nxt was the first POS. That's 1.
2. Eth raised enough to spend millions on marketing and got to the top by market cap because of it. That's 2.
3. There was no 3, actually.

By the way Iota is not the only one (and not the first one) coin without a blockchain. Simcoin is the first one blockless coin.

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:48:12 AM

U.S. government to use IoT devices to spy on citizens. No surprise there.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2016/02/10/top-u-s-official-admits-government-will-use-internet-of-things-to-spy-on-the-public/

My question is, can and should Jinn Labs take an official position on this? To what degree is it possible to develop products that account for such government misuses?

Good question. Off the bat I am 100% pro-encryption and privacy. This is something that we've been giving a considerable amount of contemplation. It is completely inevitable that governments will use IoT ( which is soon all technology ) to acquire information about the world and its inhabitants, this is a given. It is also uncontroversial at this point ( after leaks and official announcements ) to state that governments do indeed force backdoors into software and hardware. In our company this is not a binary issue ( remember we're all about trinary logic Wink ), there is no simple right or wrong here and it is hard to predict what to do in an instance where governing officials give you the choice of either complying - at least to some extent - to their demands or be out of business, not because of the potential profit loss, but because of the other benefits of what the tech you are creating bring to the world.

So in short: it's a complex issue. We will fight hard to keep all our software and hardware untampered, and just like other technology companies are increasingly calling out for: we will be open and transparent about it all the way.

I do not want a dystopic future where governments got borderline omnipresence and omnipotence due to the ubiquity of technology, but this is no black/white issue, there are a ton of upsides to traffic monitoring sensors in terms of resolving crime, providing immediate help in emergencies etc. Likewise there is an immeasurable benefit from wearables and implantable health technologies that stream their data directly to healthcare professionals etc. to prevent death and disease and so on and on and on.

This is an issue I personally have given a ton of thought, which is why I am on hobby side work on distributed-decentralized identity together with Dominik (www.composui.com), with the goal of enabling people to keep their data secure and safe, but at the same time useful through something like zero-knowledge-proofs. So you can be sure that this is something I, as the leader of Jinn/IOTA, take very very seriously.

But again I want to stress that this is not a black/white issue with simple answers.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:49:53 AM

Anyway I wasn't going to start discussion, just said what do I think and asked to pm me if anyone is ready to sell at the price I'm ready to pay. Sorry if I said something wrong.

iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:52:15 AM

Anyway I wasn't going to start discussion, just said what do I think and asked to pm me if anyone is ready to sell at the price I'm ready to pay. Sorry if I said something wrong.

Don't worry about it. We just need to 'strike down' when the majority of posts suddenly revolve around speculation rather than IOTA itself. You are 100% entitled to your own valuation of IOTA and I would advise you to only follow your own instincts and also be sure why you buy IOTA. That is all.

sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:43:27 AM

U.S. government to use IoT devices to spy on citizens. No surprise there.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2016/02/10/top-u-s-official-admits-government-will-use-internet-of-things-to-spy-on-the-public/

My question is, can and should Jinn Labs take an official position on this? To what degree is it possible to develop products that account for such government misuses?

Good question. Off the bat I am 100% pro-encryption and privacy. This is something that we've been giving a considerable amount of contemplation. It is completely inevitable that governments will use IoT ( which is soon all technology ) to acquire information about the world and its inhabitants, this is a given. It is also uncontroversial at this point ( after leaks and official announcements ) to state that governments do indeed force backdoors into software and hardware. In our company this is not a binary issue ( remember we're all about trinary logic Wink ), there is no simple right or wrong here and it is hard to predict what to do in an instance where governing officials give you the choice of either complying - at least to some extent - to their demands or be out of business, not because of the potential profit loss, but because of the other benefits of what the tech you are creating bring to the world.

So in short: it's a complex issue. We will fight hard to keep all our software and hardware untampered, and just like other technology companies are increasingly calling out for: we will be open and transparent about it all the way.

I do not want a dystopic future where governments got borderline omnipresence and omnipotence due to the ubiquity of technology, but this is no black/white issue, there are a ton of upsides to traffic monitoring sensors in terms of resolving crime, providing immediate help in emergencies etc. Likewise there is an immeasurable benefit from wearables and implantable health technologies that stream their data directly to healthcare professionals etc. to prevent death and disease and so on and on and on.

This is an issue I personally have given a ton of thought, which is why I am on hobby side work on distributed-decentralized identity together with Dominik (www.composui.com), with the goal of enabling people to keep their data secure and safe, but at the same time useful through something like zero-knowledge-proofs. So you can be sure that this is something I, as the leader of Jinn/IOTA, take very very seriously.

But again I want to stress that this is not a black/white issue with simple answers.

Even a decade ago, it wouldn't be surprising to hear a scientist say that his or her scientific discoveries were morally, socially, politically, and psychologically neutral. Of course we can quite easily see now that no innovation or genuine discovery happens in a vacuum. But not everyone embraces the responsibility and the complexity of their research and creations. Thank you for such a thoughtful response.

My hope is that the knowledge and technology can grow together with the best interests of the community and all who might be affected by it. More than a hope - it is something to which I would like to contribute, though I do not know how at the moment. As you suggest, there are no shortcuts or simple, singular answers when so much is at stake.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:23:35 AM

will keep follow this project.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:24:14 AM

when

beta will be out?HuhHuhHuh??

The last answer is: days

in this month?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 06:45:10 AM

They might not give you the option to be open and transparent about it.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:38:26 AM

please do not pollute the threads with speculation, make a separate thread about it.
done!!  Wink
if you need speak speculation price plz post here   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360660.0

and if you need invitation Ryver, Just sent me MP your email  Wink

PS: Sorry my english not good, if dont know héhé  Grin
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:39:54 AM

Edit:  Check dzarmush's Trust and/or my signature for more information.

A world with the money can not be perfect.

PS: Didn't see a connection with Simcoin in his trust rating.

PPS: Ah, your feedback is hidden in "Untrusted feedback" section.
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 10:15:57 AM

I can now buy somewhere a few Iota, or need to wait for the launch on the stock exchange? thank you
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:32:44 AM

I can now buy somewhere a few Iota, or need to wait for the launch on the stock exchange? thank you

you can find more detail here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360660.msg13847135#msg13847135  Wink
nexern

Activity: 597

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:53:15 AM

hey yassin54. just to mention, thanks for your numerous helpfull hands. it spreads good moods.  Cool
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:01:34 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2016, 11:15:12 AM by yassin54

hey yassin54. just to mention, thanks for your numerous helpfull hands. it spreads good moods.  Cool
Thanks!!  Kiss Kiss
A pleasure!!  Smiley
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:54:28 AM

A world with the money can not be perfect.

PS: Didn't see a connection with Simcoin in his trust rating.

PPS: Ah, your feedback is hidden in "Untrusted feedback" section.

What a weirdo, this smaragda guy. I don't even have any connection to Sim except that I invested in it, although he PMd me that I'm fucking psychopath and I should refund his Sim money. And all I did was just ingnoring this strange little man.

Ha-ha-ha ) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=126291
Looks like he blames the whole world, not only me.

acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:43:36 PM

What a weirdo, this smaragda guy. I don't even have any connection to Sim except that I invested in it, although he PMd me that I'm fucking psychopath and I should refund his Sim money. And all I did was just ingnoring this strange little man.

Ha-ha-ha ) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=126291
Looks like he blames the whole world, not only me.
Blaming simcoin investors is just insane behavior, on a par with racism, or any other prejudice based on factors other than a persons own character and behavior. Why do investors in a decentralised coin project have any obligation to anyone? smaragda is obviously a nut-case to carry on like this and has zero credibility imo. It's obvious why nxtchg froze his funds ... he's a rude psychopath, and simcoin dev gave him a spank for being a wanker. Why raise this bollocks in the iota thread anyway? Just madness I guess

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:55:56 PM

It's obvious why nxtchg froze his funds

Looks like noone doubts that NxtChg stole Smaragda's money but noone bats an eye...
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 12:57:03 PM

Why raise this bollocks in the iota thread anyway?

Look closer...   I didn't!   Wink

Yes you did ...

Simcoin is the first one blockless coin.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!   Cry

dzarmush mentioned simcoin and you pointed to your negative trust rating of him on the basis of his INVESTMENT in simcoin, that's insane, and you negatively rated every other passive sim investor in a similar fashion ... that's really weird .. and has nothing to do with iota, other than dzarmush said sim is blockless, which got you creaming your shorts in a nxtchg flashback .. dzarmush  has nothing to do with simcoin, does he?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:05:09 PM

It's obvious why nxtchg froze his funds
Looks like noone doubts that NxtChg stole Smaragda's money but noone bats an eye...

From what I know smaragda never contacted NxtChg directly on this matter. He PMd to Simcoin investors, created a topic on this forum and posted there every day some odd stuff about embezzling psychopath and thieves but never PMd to NxtChg.

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: