Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123367 times)
Astroke

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:12:20 AM

equality with TigerCoin :/
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:41:34 PM

Up 3 now!
HarryPorter

Activity: 610
Merit: 506

crypto = passion

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:53:00 PM

Up 3 now!

... 5

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 07:15:19 PM

... 6   Cool

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 07:18:35 PM

The MOIN github repo has moved and can now be found here:
https://github.com/MOIN/MOIN

I've also added a bootstrap file (created 26-03-2016) for a quick initial sync:
https://github.com/MOIN/bootstrap

And the blockchain for an even quickerer one  Wink:
https://github.com/MOIN/blockchain

If you haven't already please have a read of this post and vote on whether or not we should move to PoS v3.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
entertainment

Activity: 422

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:42:33 PM

It looks like MOIN is joining to AZURE  Shocked

I'm in Smiley

Nott

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:01:28 PM

It looks like MOIN is joining to AZURE  Shocked

I'm in Smiley

wow Azure! https://github.com/Azure/azure-quickstart-templates/pull/1490
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:59:50 AM

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:23:52 AM

Nice to see MOIN progressing! 
nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:44:10 AM

why?  Huh Huh

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:50:51 AM

why?  Huh Huh

This is part of how proof of stake functions.  You can learn in detail @ https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake

But the part you are looking for I will paste here and highlight:
Mining Process
1) Block meeting work difficulty target is mined. Difficulty target periodically adjusted so that 1 PoW block arrives every 10 minutes.

2) Work submission is hashed 10 times consecutively. Each consecutive hash maps to an individual unspent output in the blockchain. This is essentially a lottery drawing two sets of five winners. The first five hashes map to mandatory signatures, the final five hashses map to voluntary signatures.

3) If the mandatory signatures map to active public keys [see glossary], the block can potentially be valid. Otherwise, the block is invalid and must be discarded.

4) If PoW miner finds a potentially valid block, he transmits the following hash to the network: {work submission;hash(his block, the previous valid block)}

5) If the work submission meets the difficulty target and maps to active signatories, then the block is relayed through the network. Otherwise, the message is dropped as spam.

5) The first five selected signatories sequentially sign this hash and transmit it onwards as {work submission; hash; sig 1; sig 2; sig 3; sig 4; sig 5}

6) After the mandatory signature sequence is complete, the final signatory publishes the PoW block and also his own PoS block.

7) The final five hashes map to voluntary signatures. These voluntary signatures can be inserted into any block within the next 6 blocks as special txns. These txns do not require fees.

9) Go to step 1

Note: This process is simultaneous so that multiple block hashes can circulate in the network attempting to collect five signatures and generate PoW/PoS block pairs. Block pairs that lose this race are orphaned.

In simple terms.  Someone else ended up solving the block first.
nara1892

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:04:27 AM

why?  Huh Huh

This is part of how proof of stake functions.  You can learn in detail @ https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake

Mining Process
1) Block meeting work difficulty target is mined. Difficulty target periodically adjusted so that 1 PoW block arrives every 10 minutes.

2) Work submission is hashed 10 times consecutively. Each consecutive hash maps to an individual unspent output in the blockchain. This is essentially a lottery drawing two sets of five winners. The first five hashes map to mandatory signatures, the final five hashses map to voluntary signatures.

3) If the mandatory signatures map to active public keys [see glossary], the block can potentially be valid. Otherwise, the block is invalid and must be discarded.

4) If PoW miner finds a potentially valid block, he transmits the following hash to the network: {work submission;hash(his block, the previous valid block)}

5) If the work submission meets the difficulty target and maps to active signatories, then the block is relayed through the network. Otherwise, the message is dropped as spam.

5) The first five selected signatories sequentially sign this hash and transmit it onwards as {work submission; hash; sig 1; sig 2; sig 3; sig 4; sig 5}

6) After the mandatory signature sequence is complete, the final signatory publishes the PoW block and also his own PoS block.

7) The final five hashes map to voluntary signatures. These voluntary signatures can be inserted into any block within the next 6 blocks as special txns. These txns do not require fees.

9) Go to step 1

Note: This process is simultaneous so that multiple block hashes can circulate in the network attempting to collect five signatures and generate PoW/PoS block pairs. Block pairs that lose this race are orphaned.

but it already 2 hour an still not recived to my ballance.. still 'unconfirmed'

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:08:48 AM

Correct.  You can see in your screen shot it is "Generated but not accepted".  This is also known as an orphan.  You can see in my last post what that is and how it is a normal part of the proof of stake process.  There are orphans on proof of work as well but that doesn't matter for MOIN because this is purely proof of stake. 

So what happens to those coins?  They will stake again and most likely next time the block will be accepted and you will receive the reward.  I encourage you to look at the link I posted for you if you want to understand it better than I can explain.
nara1892

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:14:13 AM

Correct.  You can see in your screen shot it is "Generated but not accepted".  This is also known as an orphan.  You can see in my last post what that is and how it is a normal part of the proof of stake process.  There are orphans on proof of work as well but that doesn't matter for MOIN because this is purely proof of stake. 

So what happens to those coins?  They will stake again and most likely next time the block will be accepted and you will receive the reward.  I encourage you to look at the link I posted for you if you want to understand it better than I can explain.

where is the link?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:19:44 AM

Correct.  You can see in your screen shot it is "Generated but not accepted".  This is also known as an orphan.  You can see in my last post what that is and how it is a normal part of the proof of stake process.  There are orphans on proof of work as well but that doesn't matter for MOIN because this is purely proof of stake.  

So what happens to those coins?  They will stake again and most likely next time the block will be accepted and you will receive the reward.  I encourage you to look at the link I posted for you if you want to understand it better than I can explain.

where is the link?

Here is a copy of it  https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake

Like I mentioned the part about orphans is in this section

Mining Process

9) Go to step 1

if you search for orphaned blocks on google you can find a bunch more info too.
Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:34:43 PM

why?  Huh Huh

Mining Process

9) Go to step 1

Try repairwallet command on a console.
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:51:22 AM

Try repairwallet command on a console.

I appreciate the attempt to help but there is nothing to fix here, running that command will have no effect on nara's situation. 

Read my responses to nara if you are interested in learning about orphan blocks.
nara1892

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:14:51 AM

I still do not quite understand  Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:45:29 AM

I still do not quite understand  Grin

I am not sure how to explain it better right now.

I gave you the full detailed explanation:

Mining Process

9) Go to step 1

And also a really simplified explanation:

A also told you how to look up more about proof of stake and orphan blocks on your own.

I really wish I could explain it better for you or in words you understand but with all this information above if you cannot understand it we are probably just running into a language barrier.  Perhaps someone in your native language section could answer for you what are orphan blocks.
AlexBit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:48:07 PM

I understand it so (Sorry for my English, google translate)))
orphan blocks not included in the chain
but they came all the criteria and conditions of the consensus at the time
but someone used a few fractions of a second, also made the appropriate unit and had it extended to a larger number of nodes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: