Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:16:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin without Altcoin ?  (Read 67952 times)
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:51:47 AM

I just wanted to get your opinions on this one , what do you think Bitcoin would be if there was no Alternative coins such Litecoin & Dogecoin and the others ...
I mean it would be better with or without them Bitcoin would have no value at all ?

We cannot deny that altcoin is a big help to Bitcoin, also Bitcoin is a big help to altcoin. Which means both parties are helping to one another. Its just Bitcoin stand as a Supreme Master to all altcoins. Bitcoin without altcoin  I  think the value will goes down because to mine bitcoin is that easy to mine.
bravehearth0319

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:55:24 AM

I think that if there is no alt coins then the exchanges will have less profit.
Bitcoin will rise too much (much more that it is now) and early investors will be happy Smiley

True most of the exchange platform will really have less profit. Bitcoin perhaps will also be affected once the altcoin will disappear. and as far as I know through altcoin Bitcoin became popular because of it.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:55:55 AM

if no altcoin it will be difficult to make a greater bitcoin. altcoin digital currency is equally important. in the presence of interference altcoin we can do to the price of bitcoin. such as the USD dollar without Yen. everything would be meaningless.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:58:22 AM

Most of the altcoins start with a crowdfunding and with investing (ICO) at most of these funds are accumulated in bitcoin.
By this not only that these altcoins become popular but also bitcoin become more popular because through bitcoin they are investing in another cryptocurrency.

Indeed. Maybe doubling bitcoin could be possible in investing with altcoins. They have been looking for a way to double it, it might not be that fast but it could happen if the invested alt will really shine.

I haven't invested in any ICO but it contains the risk, because the price after the ico can drop and you can lose.
But also it is a good opportunity to make a profit, I saw many coins that their exchange rate was way to high than the ICO price.

You should not wait for long after the ICO finishes because after some time the price would probably drop again but at the moment when ICO finishes the price is always higher then what it was while ICO was running so if you sell them on the right time you can make some good profit with it.

ICO is a super unpredictable investment that you can make in your life. and usually you will come to regret it. I say it is unpredictable because you never know , a coin can become super successful if the dev is good and the hype is great and the price can keep on rising even after the release but also it can die so fast which is the common thing happening with most coins and you lose money even after the release.

Only Bitcoin
bravehearth0319

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:04:20 AM

In my opinion, only few alts have purpose in Bitcoin ecosystem. I dont want to mention any specific coin, just Bitcoin need some anon alternative when you dont want to anyone track your transactions. Other than that, maybe some faster coin, but all others are just shitcoins if you ask me.

You are correct! Majority of the altcoin are really shitcoins only. But even they are shit some of it are doing pump and dump so it will help you in some other way. At least we earn Bitcoin isn't?
bravehearth0319

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:08:34 AM

Most of the altcoins start with a crowdfunding and with investing (ICO) at most of these funds are accumulated in bitcoin.
By this not only that these altcoins become popular but also bitcoin become more popular because through bitcoin they are investing in another cryptocurrency.

Indeed. Maybe doubling bitcoin could be possible in investing with altcoins. They have been looking for a way to double it, it might not be that fast but it could happen if the invested alt will really shine.

I haven't invested in any ICO but it contains the risk, because the price after the ico can drop and you can lose.
But also it is a good opportunity to make a profit, I saw many coins that their exchange rate was way to high than the ICO price.

If you are not investing in any ico because its risky for you. I think you earn Bitcoin through mining isn't? or You play in gambling site or investing in cloud mining. Or maybe your staking your bitcoin through ghs.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:20:50 AM

You should not wait for long after the ICO finishes because after some time the price would probably drop again but at the moment when ICO finishes the price is always higher then what it was while ICO was running so if you sell them on the right time you can make some good profit with it.

This is a bit tricky because sometimes a coin has very high price after the ICO because people think to hold for a longer time.
But sometimes after one or few days the price drops very low like the LISK which I watched how the price is dropping and it was more than 50-70% lower than the ico price.
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:32:22 AM

Well if there is no altcoin the range of traders will be  to small because the only choice that they will have at that time is to only trade bitcoin to fiat and vise versa. I can say that those altcoins gives opportunity to bitcoin traders.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:36:10 AM

This is a bit tricky because sometimes a coin has very high price after the ICO because people think to hold for a longer time.
But sometimes after one or few days the price drops very low like the LISK which I watched how the price is dropping and it was more than 50-70% lower than the ico price.
knowing the lisk has some people earning amazing income to get the nodes and with cheap price it is currently its more a time to buy then let it walk away. Bitcoin has reached the current value over several fights, now some altcoins are trying to make similiar, i do believe altcoins keep the dreams alive, being rich and multiply bitcoins
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 818

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 11:39:27 AM

So much better for now that not to hold for more longer days for those ICO coins since mostly of them will last only for few days and suddenly dump, but as lisk mentioned if you really follow the progress of that coin at the very first addition in yobit you can earn huge money for that time since the price of lisk was surging at upper thrend at that moment but sadly as other ICO's did it was been massively dump as it is.

SmartIphone
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:14:38 PM

So much better for now that not to hold for more longer days for those ICO coins since mostly of them will last only for few days and suddenly dump, but as lisk mentioned if you really follow the progress of that coin at the very first addition in yobit you can earn huge money for that time since the price of lisk was surging at upper thrend at that moment but sadly as other ICO's did it was been massively dump as it is.

If more and more coins are being produced the less their value will be because traders can't focus on all coins.
They focus on one or few coins to trade, i just watched the LISK because they had or still have a large community.
airsounds

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:34:06 PM

If more and more coins are being produced the less their value will be because traders can't focus on all coins.
They focus on one or few coins to trade, i just watched the LISK because they had or still have a large community.
thats ture in my opinion the more of the coins get mined the less worthy they are, just like fiat i think, they print a lot of money so the inflation is really huge

Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:40:30 PM

ICO is a super unpredictable investment that you can make in your life. and usually you will come to regret it. I say it is unpredictable because you never know , a coin can become super successful if the dev is good and the hype is great and the price can keep on rising even after the release but also it can die so fast which is the common thing happening with most coins and you lose money even after the release.

Well i don't have much experience about ICOs as i have never been investing much in them but i recently invested some satoshis to a ICO of a coin released recently its name is WAY, and that actually grew some percent after the ICO got finished, i actually did not invest much as i was just trying it but the people invested big must have earned good profits through it.
SmartIphone
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:41:25 PM

thats ture in my opinion the more of the coins get mined the less worthy they are, just like fiat i think, they print a lot of money so the inflation is really huge

But still it is good because through altcoins bitcoin is getting promoted more and more.
And I think that bitcoin without altcoin could have a lower price because to buy altcoins we should have first bitcoin.
springgers

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:10:27 PM

I think bitcoin would survive just fine without altcoins, not sure about the other way around though, Bitcoin is still the original and cryptocurrency to beat but with new rising altcoins we might see some competition and might even see bitcoin losing some of it's grounds.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:12:38 PM

I actually think that all these alt coins help better the value of bitcoin.  The reason is that everyone is looking for the next best better thing and bitcoin is it, the issue is that no one wants to let this happen.  So whether you find bitcoin through a recommendation or such, you have a better chance of finding it if you actually are using other forms of altcoin.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀