Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:07:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495955 times)
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:32:55 PM

Has anyone been able to reach the alleged "live chat?" Has anyone ever gotten an answer on the phone?

The "Live Chat" is actually just an html submit form that emails them with your problem, I have gotten responses from the "Live Chat" before but it always takes a while and the last time I had a problem and contacted them via "Live Chat" they went silent on me for over a week so I came in here and complained and my complaint was handled, but it seems that their "customer service" becomes less and less reliable by the day...
dave859

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:41:11 PM

So you are saying there is no live chat and what they call "live chat" is actually "email." Chat is supposed to be a near-realtime two-way conversation, for e.g. Skype.
shockvibee

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 08:38:23 PM

So you are saying there is no live chat and what they call "live chat" is actually "email." Chat is supposed to be a near-realtime two-way conversation, for e.g. Skype.
Basically, yes.  And technically, yes.  But at one point in time I received near-instant responses from the live chat more than once.  You have to go to your email after they respond and click a link to access the 'live chat' but, you won't yield any results these days.
dave859

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 08:48:22 PM

BitInstant really needs to set better expectations. If they don't have a real chat, they should not claim it!

Also they should send transaction emails. Like "Hey your just setup a transfer it will be completed after X, Y and Z" and then a follow up email when the transaction goes through or not. As it stands the transaction fails and that DOES NOT trigger any action from BitInstant. You contact their support and they resolve it but that still doesn't tie into their transactional system!

In one instance a failed transfer because they did not have any funds in their exchange account, I contracted them and they manually did the transfer TWICE! Today my transfer fails and they did it manually again and on their site it still shows failed status!
rwd39

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:18:11 PM

Please point me to this other forum so I may go harass them there as well since no one has responded from BitInstant's support here OR on their website...

I would suggest going to Reddit where someone finally was able to help me.

http://www.reddit.com/user/bitinstant

After four days of no reply to messages from any rep on here for help and zero interaction with that so called "contact us" which is a joke I only got one copy paste reply in four days from it. I went to Reddit and messaged someone named bitinstant my quote id and after about two-three hours my coins FINALLY started to make their way home.

Hope y'all get ya stuff and to Bitinstant thanks for the months of service however that was last time you will ever see any money from me. Worst customer support or lack thereof i have  seen in ages.
arctos

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:20:31 PM

I have had roughly 1000$ in limbo and missed out on several opportunities. I saw a BTC-e reserve come and go while my funds were with technical support. I am quite disgruntled about this and would like to be notified about a resolution soon. I sent 3 emails via bitinstant's website Monday 3/11/2013 with absolutely no response. STOP HOLDING MY CASH HOSTAGE AND DO SOMETHING.
c4n10

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:09:58 AM

Please point me to this other forum so I may go harass them there as well since no one has responded from BitInstant's support here OR on their website...

I would suggest going to Reddit where someone finally was able to help me.

http://www.reddit.com/user/bitinstant

After four days of no reply to messages from any rep on here for help and zero interaction with that so called "contact us" which is a joke I only got one copy paste reply in four days from it. I went to Reddit and messaged someone named bitinstant my quote id and after about two-three hours my coins FINALLY started to make their way home.

Hope y'all get ya stuff and to Bitinstant thanks for the months of service however that was last time you will ever see any money from me. Worst customer support or lack thereof i have  seen in ages.

Thanks for this!
c4n10

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:00:26 AM

I know everyone is frustrated of our slowness in replying.

So, you KNOW we're pissed and are making no effort to maintain communications...?

We suffered setbacks that you all know about last week.

I don't know of any setbacks you experienced, I didn't see any mention of "setbacks" on BitInstant's site... I know the site was down for a few days which was claimed to be due to "server maintenance" according to the message you guys had posted while it was down, but server maintenance is hardly a "setback".

We appreciate your patience.

Somehow I doubt that you guys really even care, otherwise SOMEONE would be here to provide us with information on what is going on, as it stands our emails go unanswered and there's been no BitInstant reps in this thread for 4 days now...

I'd like to stress, to this day, we have never ever scammed anyone.

You've scammed me on EVERY transaction I have made through you. When you quote me an amount that I am supposed to receive and then the money arrives and it is short of what you quoted me, that is called scamming.

If you have an order that has not processed, we will refund the fees always and honor the BTC price.

I'd be happy just to get the full amounts you quoted me but I will be more than happy to accept your refund of my processing fees as well.

Please bear with us, as we are short staffed at the moment.

Short staffed...? Your processes are automated, what do you need a staff for, your tech support...? If your service ran the way it was supposed to you wouldn't need more than you and Rachel for handling tech support...

Your emails will get answered, it may take a little longer then usual

I'll believe it when I see it... You should call this service "BitEventuallyWhenWeGetAroundToIt"...
peeShivers

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 11:50:40 AM

Just to follow up, I finally got my BC. However, the amount did not reflect BC prices at the time of purchase, and I was still charged a handling fee. As far as I am concerned, I was just charged a penalty for using a service that does not operate as advertised, and waited almost two weeks for that privilege.
crazyfunmolly79

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:12:13 PM

If you have an order that has not processed, we will refund the fees always and honor the BTC price.

Just an update... after MANY emails & PMs to everyone I could at bitinstant, I finally had my FEBRUARY 19TH ORDER processed last night (MARCH 11TH) by Rachel.  Here's the catch: Bitcoins were $28-$29 when I placed my order... and $43-$44 when it was finally filled by bitinstant.  My fees were NOT refunded, NOR were the original bitcoin prices honored.  I took a big hit here.  I e-mailed Rachel, asking about their promise of refunding fees and honoring bitcoin price... so I guess I'll wait and see if I actually get a response, or if they fix it.  But based on what I've dealt with so far, I highly doubt they will.  I will keep you guys posted.
Good luck everyone!
rwd39

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:24:50 PM

My fees were NOT refunded, NOR were the original bitcoin prices honored.  

Just to follow up, I finally got my BC. However, the amount did not reflect BC prices at the time of purchase, and I was still charged a handling fee.

Same here after all was said and done i ended up 20 short for a purchase when i made sure to give them 20 extra. After coming up short .5 before i vowed to always get extra but that is impossible to do when original quoted bitcoin prices aren't honored.

Thankfully i was able to get a friend to lend me what i ended up short because he was tired of hearing me complain about the lack of any support for 4 days and then them shorting me. At this point i was glad to get any money and to put this nightmare and company in the rear view.

Stay strong people with money still in limbo.
BitcoinBallin

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:31:37 PM

Ever since Bitinstant turned to shit I have been using Bitfloor and as long as your near a Bank Of America it is overall a very easy experience and I had my coins within in a few hours and I am pretty sure the fees were less.  Just letting you guys know as I had used Bitinstant for a long time but I do not consider them a viable option anymore.
peeShivers

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:43:22 PM

I have not had a chance to try Bitfloor yet, but I did finally get bitcoins through btcquick. I like their business model.
Huxley

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:17:53 PM

Seven days at this point. I really wish there was something I could do other than complain, what they will lose in future customers cannot be worth this. It was a great service while it lasted...
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 02:45:37 PM

Just to follow up, I finally got my BC. However, the amount did not reflect BC prices at the time of purchase, and I was still charged a handling fee. As far as I am concerned, I was just charged a penalty for using a service that does not operate as advertised, and waited almost two weeks for that privilege.

PM me your order details and we can get a fee refund arranged.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 02:46:24 PM

Just an update... after MANY emails & PMs to everyone I could at bitinstant, I finally had my FEBRUARY 19TH ORDER processed last night (MARCH 11TH) by Rachel.  Here's the catch: Bitcoins were $28-$29 when I placed my order... and $43-$44 when it was finally filled by bitinstant.  My fees were NOT refunded, NOR were the original bitcoin prices honored.  I took a big hit here.  I e-mailed Rachel, asking about their promise of refunding fees and honoring bitcoin price... so I guess I'll wait and see if I actually get a response, or if they fix it.  But based on what I've dealt with so far, I highly doubt they will.  I will keep you guys posted.
Good luck everyone!

PM me order details and i'll chase this up.
variables

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:01:05 PM

Can a BI rep help me out?  7 days now and no coins.  Not getting any helpful responses other than "what is your order number" which I have supplied countless times to numerous people (rachel, seth, charlie) in various formats (e-mail, PM)

Good luck everyone!

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:18:28 PM

Can a BI rep help me out?  7 days now and no coins.  Not getting any helpful responses other than "what is your order number" which I have supplied countless times to numerous people (rachel, seth, charlie) in various formats (e-mail, PM)

Good luck everyone!

I got your PM just now, i'm checking into things - there's a possibility we'll have to redirect your funds to another exchange - please PM me with your preference (gox/bitstamp/btc-e) and your username at that exchange.
maxspace321

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:09:09 PM

Hello,

I placed an order on bitinstant about 2 days ago, and All my money has been held up. Apparently my Dwolla verification failed (I was doing Dwolla --> mtgox) and it's stuck on "Waiting" in the event log. I'd love to have my money back, either in Mtgox or dwolla, doesn't really matter. I can send all the details in a PM if you'd like, I was just searching for a way to contact someone to get this figured out. Thank you.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:13:07 PM

Hello,

I placed an order on bitinstant about 2 days ago, and All my money has been held up. Apparently my Dwolla verification failed (I was doing Dwolla --> mtgox) and it's stuck on "Waiting" in the event log. I'd love to have my money back, either in Mtgox or dwolla, doesn't really matter. I can send all the details in a PM if you'd like, I was just searching for a way to contact someone to get this figured out. Thank you.

Have you contacted any of our support team about this yet?

Send me the details (QuoteID and your dwolla account number if possible) via PM here and i'll get this resolved for you. If you have already contacted support then please let me know who you contacted and ticket numbers etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: