Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:34:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495956 times)
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:14:47 PM

Hi, how do I acquire a bitinstant credit card?  Im going to Orlando in 3 weeks and I really want to pay for my dinner (and 10 guests) with btc.
Thanks. Levon

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:22:26 PM

General update for all concerned:

As can be seen on this thread, we're still working through all current support issues and outstanding orders, if you have an order that's still pending then get in touch.

Coinapult is still down at present while various changes are made behind the scenes - this means our direct to bitcoin address and email destinations are not available right now. However, they will become available again soon enough (current ETA is roughly 24 hours but this is a very rough estimate).

Please keep an eye on our blog at http://blog.bitinstant.com as an official update will be coming soon and will be posted there.

We are also making some procedural and infrastructure changes internally to try and better deal with any issues causing delays, but ask for your understanding due to the high work load at present.
maxspace321

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:24:55 PM

Hello,

I placed an order on bitinstant about 2 days ago, and All my money has been held up. Apparently my Dwolla verification failed (I was doing Dwolla --> mtgox) and it's stuck on "Waiting" in the event log. I'd love to have my money back, either in Mtgox or dwolla, doesn't really matter. I can send all the details in a PM if you'd like, I was just searching for a way to contact someone to get this figured out. Thank you.

Have you contacted any of our support team about this yet?

Send me the details (QuoteID and your dwolla account number if possible) via PM here and i'll get this resolved for you. If you have already contacted support then please let me know who you contacted and ticket numbers etc.

Just sent you a PM with all the information I have.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:26:14 PM

Hi, how do I acquire a bitinstant credit card?  Im going to Orlando in 3 weeks and I really want to pay for my dinner (and 10 guests) with btc.
Thanks. Levon

The BitInstant paycard is not yet available and is not likely to be available that soon i'm sorry.
Please do sign up to be notified though by clicking the cards link on our website.
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:36:55 PM

Hi, how do I acquire a bitinstant credit card?  Im going to Orlando in 3 weeks and I really want to pay for my dinner (and 10 guests) with btc.
Thanks. Levon

The BitInstant paycard is not yet available and is not likely to be available that soon i'm sorry.
Please do sign up to be notified though by clicking the cards link on our website.

Thanks for the quick response. That's really too bad the cards aren't available; the cards looked so sexy. I actually tried to sign up as one of first 100 or w/e thereby getting it for free. I thought I had just missed the boat as I never received one.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:38:52 PM

General update for all concerned:

As can be seen on this thread, we're still working through all current support issues and outstanding orders, if you have an order that's still pending then get in touch.

Coinapult is still down at present while various changes are made behind the scenes - this means our direct to bitcoin address and email destinations are not available right now. However, they will become available again soon enough (current ETA is roughly 24 hours but this is a very rough estimate).

Please keep an eye on our blog at http://blog.bitinstant.com as an official update will be coming soon and will be posted there.

We are also making some procedural and infrastructure changes internally to try and better deal with any issues causing delays, but ask for your understanding due to the high work load at present.

To add to this:

We've currently got approx 30 outstanding support issues to deal with and 3 members of staff on support including myself right now. This should give people some idea of where they are in the "queue".
Izzy

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:45:05 PM

I have not had a chance to try Bitfloor yet, but I did finally get bitcoins through btcquick. I like their business model.

Re Bitfloor.

I used their service once.  Please fill me in if I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Their service seems to be extremely expensive.

The transferring of money from a cash deposit at a local Bank of America wasn't bad.  

But once the money was in my account,  I had to trade for Bitcoins, and the rate was terrible.

Our of a $500 cash deposit,  I ended up with about $440 dollars worth of bitcoins.

Whereas with BitInstant,  a cash deposit at Walmart, through ZipZap yeilded me with about $480 dollars which immediately was transferred into my MtGox account, and the trade there was at the market rate, which gave me abouit $480 worth of Bitcoins.

So even though the transfer fees through Bitfloor were low, their 'Market Rate' for buying Bitcoins was expensive.

I lost about $40 out of my $500 compared to using BitInstant and MtGox.

Am I going about this wrong?

Thanks.  Iz.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:49:01 PM

I have not had a chance to try Bitfloor yet, but I did finally get bitcoins through btcquick. I like their business model.

Re Bitfloor.

I used their service once.  Please fill me in if I'm looking at this the wrong way.

The transferring of money from a cash deposit at a local Bank of America wasn't bad.  

But once the money was in my account,  I had to trade for Bitcoins, and the rate was terrible.

Our of a $500 cash deposit,  I ended up with about $440 dollars worth of bitcoins.

Whereas with BitInstant,  a cash deposit at Walmart, through ZipZap yeilded me with about $480 dollars which immediately was transferred into my MtGox account, and the trade there was at the market rate, which gave me abouit $480 worth of Bitcoins.

So even though the transfer fees through Bitfloor were low, their 'Market Rate' for buying Bitcoins was expensive.

Thanks.  Iz.

I'm obviously incredibly biased, but for any service of this sort the important thing is that the bitcoins are purchased at market rate on a high volume exchange. Most of our traffic ends up  going through gox for example.
Izzy

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:03:41 PM

Re Bitfloor.

Thanks.  Iz.

I'm obviously incredibly biased, but for any service of this sort the important thing is that the bitcoins are purchased at market rate on a high volume exchange. Most of our traffic ends up  going through gox for example.

Gareth,

I prefer to use BitInstant,  and out of about 10 transactions, I've  Been happy with all of them.  The longest I've had to wait is overnight.  Now all of my transactions have involved transferring money into MtGox.  I used to use the Dwolla into MtGox,  but that seems to be more troublesome than Cash through ZipZap into MtGox.

Obviously there are some concerns right now with BitCoin.  Because of that I initiated a Bank Wire transfer to MtGox last week, and I'm still waiting for that to clear.

I'd like to continue using BitInstant, and would like to hear your thought and recommendations regarding which service from BitInstant is likely to be the safest and least troublesome.

Is Dwolla to MtGox working now?  I remember there were a lot of 'Account Verification failed' type errors that required me asking for help on this forum to get the transaction to go through.  Out of five or six different transactions, only one went through direclty without asking for help.   I'd like to be able to use that service and skip the step of making a cash deposit at Walmart.

Going that route of making a cash deposit at Walmart has always gone through immediately without any additional help.  I'm concerned though that this, so far bullet-proof type of transaction could fail.  Is it likely to remain working?

What do you recommend?

Thanks,  Iz.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:17:16 PM

Re Bitfloor.

Thanks.  Iz.

Gareth,

I prefer to use BitInstant,  and out of about 10 transactions, I've  Been happy with all of them.  The longest I've had to wait is overnight.  Now all of my transactions have involved transferring money into MtGox.  I used to use the Dwolla into MtGox,  but that seems to be more troublesome than Cash through ZipZap into MtGox.

Obviously there are some concerns right now with BitCoin.  Because of that I initiated a Bank Wire transfer to MtGox last week, and I'm still waiting for that to clear.

I'd like to continue using BitInstant, and would like to hear your thought and recommendations regarding which service from BitInstant is likely to be the safest and least troublesome.

Is Dwolla to MtGox working now?  I remember there were a lot of 'Account Verification failed' type errors that required me asking for help on this forum to get the transaction to go through.  Out of five or six different transactions, only one went through direclty without asking for help.   I'd like to be able to use that service and skip the step of making a cash deposit at Walmart.

Going that route of making a cash deposit at Walmart has always gone through immediately without any additional help.  I'm concerned though that this, so far bullet-proof type of transaction could fail.  Is it likely to remain working?

What do you recommend?

Thanks,  Iz.

If you find cash deposits easiest then use cash, of course if you ever have issues then get in touch and we'll fix it.
aniruddha0101

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:20:10 PM

i was trying mine GPU but i got error. Here is my error logs. Please help me

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000000000000, pid=2880, tid=1284
#
# JRE version: 7.0_17-b02
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  0x0000000000000000
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:24:48 PM

i was trying mine GPU but i got error. Here is my error logs. Please help me

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000000000000, pid=2880, tid=1284
#
# JRE version: 7.0_17-b02
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  0x0000000000000000
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

This thread is for support with BitInstant (see www.bitinstant.com), not bitcoin in general - but most likely you have bad OpenCL/CUDA drivers or a mismatch with 32-bit and 64-bit code.
aniruddha0101

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:28:36 PM

Sir, i have ati radeon hd graphics card . is there any chance i can mine btc ?
thank you for reply.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:31:08 PM

Sir, i have ati radeon hd graphics card . is there any chance i can mine btc ?
thank you for reply.

Again, this thread is for BitInstant support and not general support with bitcoin, so please ask any further questions elsewhere, but to answer your question "yes, but it's not going to be too profitable these days".
iammagicmike

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:32:00 PM

Re Bitfloor.

Thanks.  Iz.

I just wanted to share my experiences

1) Bitinstant via ZIPZAP via Moneygram = ~6% in fees, but this is instantly deposited into MtGox.  I have used this method the most because it didn't require and signups.  If you make more than one deposit (limit is $500), make sure you change the amount because I had made 2 x $495 deposits and moneygram thought they were duplicates and cancelled them both.  So make them $496 and $494
2) Bank of America transfer = don't recall the fees but this was instant, direct to mtgox
3) Coinbase = 1% fees = takes several business days, but they will lock in the price for you.  I had a few "high risk cancelled transactions" but when I complained about it on Reddit coinbase took notice and fixed the problem.  The reason i was so upset was because I bought BTC at $26/ea and the price increased up to over $30.  Coinbase credited me the correct amount of BTC at the rate I locked in (even though this took a couple of days).
4) BTCQuick = ~8% fees = I had to get a bronze membership first, this took over a day.  Then I was only able to purchase small increments of BTC.  As you buy more, you can buy higher quantities.  Once your membership is bronze, it was pretty fast (but I used the mtgox keys as my payout)
5) MtGox+Dwolla = the cheapest method to trade, but you have to verify both your MtGox and Dwolla account.  This takes time.  Also you must wait almost 7 days before the money that you transferred from your bank is in the exchange.  It worked out pretty good for me yesterday during the 'crash' but I could see why people dislike this method.

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
dannx3

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:46:32 PM

Acc:
Tracking:
f53ff68d-5f15-453a-9fba-a95c15899f5a

Its been almost 2 WEEKS and still have not received my bitcoins to my bitcoin address!! Bitinstant said it will be back up Monday 3.11, and I still have yet to receive my coins. I also have stopped getting any feedback or emails from them. I would extremely like to know when I will finally get my bitcoins.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:01:03 PM

Acc:
Tracking:

Its been almost 2 WEEKS and still have not received my bitcoins to my bitcoin address!! Bitinstant said it will be back up Monday 3.11, and I still have yet to receive my coins. I also have stopped getting any feedback or emails from them. I would extremely like to know when I will finally get my bitcoins.

Checking into this for you
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:02:34 PM

Acc:
Tracking:

Please PM me with your username at an exchange (mtgox, btc-e, bitstamp or whatever) and i'll arrange to have your funds sent there without fees.
orion007

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:14:07 PM

Bitinstant is really stepping up the support today. Hope this is a sign of things to come and we can get back to the way it used to be.
Izzy

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:42:00 PM

Re Bitfloor.

Thanks.  Iz.

Gareth,

What do you recommend?

Thanks,  Iz.

If you find cash deposits easiest then use cash, of course if you ever have issues then get in touch and we'll fix it.

No, I prefer to use the Dwolla transaction.  I use BitInstant to move dollars from my Dwolla Account to MtGox.    The one time it worked perfectly for me I had money in my MtGox account within an hour.  It didn't involve cash at all and I didn't have to leave my desktop.

That would be my preference, but as I said five out of six times the transaction was interrupted by an error such as 'Account Verification Failed'.  In which case I would come to the forum here and ask Yankee for help and whatever he would do would push through the transfer to MtGox.  One weird thing about those transactions is that the funds would immediately leave my Dwolla account, even though 'account verification failed'.  They just wouldn't get to MtGox untill Yankee did whatever he did.

Now I've been hesitant to use the Dwolla transaction since you started having major problems a week or two ago.

Are you having trouble with the Dwolla transactions currently?  Can you tell me when was the last time one was processed on BitInstant?  Is anyone using that service now?

It would be my preference if it worked.  What do you recommend?

Thanks, Iz.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: