Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249390 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chirateodor

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:11:34 PM

Wouldn't mind see QORA on Cryptopia.

A stable wallet and 200k dotcoins needed for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:17:17 AM

where can i find the official trusted nodes (known peers)?

Known peers:

Dear all
How to i can add node to my wallet! My wallet is not any conection!
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:56:41 AM

Wouldn't mind see QORA on Cryptopia.

A stable wallet and 200k dotcoins needed for this.

I think if we can get a stable wallet - I'm sure people would donate to the cause - there is no point in listing with a wallet that isn't stable
yns1971

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:44:27 PM

Known Peers

NiceDev

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:40:32 PM

sorry for the offtopic but i thought it may be good to keep you guys updated: crow may have more time for QORA from now on:

The only official members of the Signatum Team are Skankhunt42, The Doctor, Cryptovore, and Kahir. Any others who claim to be part of the development team are not. Crowetic had never been a member of the development team, but all contact to him had been removed as the team received notifications from BURST and Spanish investors informing the team that he rigged them, and ran away with their money.

But it said he ran away with people's money. You surely want him to have more time for Qora now?
theduuude

Activity: 194
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:40:18 AM

dont believe things at face value, do your own research
habeas_corpus

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:00:52 AM

Time to address all the people sucking up to Crowetic.

I started with Burst October of last year.  I spent quite a bit of money to set up a Burst mining rig.  All my Burst went into Assets, 4 of which are run by Crowetic.

Adam came into the picture and eventually Crowetic left Burst forum and joined Adam at BurstNation.  I followed them there.  I found out a short time later that Crowetic did not make a graceful exit from Burst Forum.

Crowetic ended up getting involved with a guy called nameless, who issued an asset, of which I also had shares in.  Nameless got Crowetic to invest in some ventures (I don't have details of all the ventures).

Some funny shit went down, and next thing you know, both Adam and Crowetic are blaming each other for shit.  Thing is, Crowetic DID IN FACT take the escrow from Burst assets and some other asset funds and together with Nameless, they attempted to suppress the price of Burstcoin, which ended up backfiring and they lost all the Burst.

There was also an issue with the pools being DDOS'ed and Crowetic admitted to being part of that.  I'm sure Adam did the same thing.

Now, even though what Crowetic did with the funds from the escrow and other funds was wrong, I wasn't angry.  People make mistakes and I had faith that he would make things right.

Crowetic paid the funds back, but it seems he got the funds from selling other assets and issuing a new asset for equipment to set up more mining rigs.

Up to this point... I had no issues with Crowetic, I was still buying shares.

But then, a week after pushing people to buy shares in his new asset... The BOMB dropped!!
Crowetic drafted a "Leaving Burst" letter, in which he lists all kinds of reasons for leaving Burst and buying back all his assets, which he posted online.

Now, in itself, I don't blame Crowetic for leaving Burst.  Many people lost trust in Crowetic.

MY issue, is that instead of doing the honorable thing and buying those shares back at a fair price, he offered a small fraction of their real value.
Considering the prices had already suffered due to Crowetics and Adams battle, to get such a low ball offer for buyback was insulting, to say the least.  Mind you, some of the players that had large stakes in his assets were offered pretty generous buybacks.

To my knowledge, only Haitch refused to accept the offer, in return for his silence.  Haitch then posted that Crowetic had offered him and other large asset holders a more generous buyback if they didn't tell the other asset holders.

I have also been a part of Qora for a long time.  Why?  Because I believed in Crowetic and so I bought Qora.  Even when it was dropped from Poloniex, I still kept them.

Crowetic had no time for Qora when he was in Burst.  Yeah, a quick message every 3,4,5 months, but nothing real.
Then as Crowetic is leaving Burst, he reaches out and tells this group that he now has 4 full time devs working on the wallet.

Behind the scenes... Crowetic was looking for a new project (not Qora) and he happened upon SIGT.  He offered his services to the dev team, and not knowing what he had done in Burst, they accepted him on.
It didn't take long for someone to let the devs in on what Crowetic did in Burst AND the fact the FBI are involved.

News of Crowetics involvement in SIGT was not appreciated in the community and you can imagine the postings in their forum.
The devs have come out and said that because of what they learned, Crowetic is no longer involved with SIGT.
There is some distrust in SIGT because Crowetic was involved, even though it was short lived.

Soooo.... There you have it.  FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE from someone that got shafted by Crowetic.

If Crowetic had given we asset holders a fair buyout, I would have said, give him a chance to prove himself.
But since he intentionally screwed us over, I don't trust him do what is best for Qora.
For me, you don't screw over people that believed in you.

Just look at his postings...
Buying Qora for 1 sat 2 sats 3 sats 4 sats
So he does nothing, people lose faith, then they give up and want to get rid of their Qora.
And Mr. Wonderful buys them from you for next to nothing.
Then.....  I'm sure the new wallet shows up shortly, the price jumps, and Crowetic makes a killing.

I'm in agreement that we need to find a new dev, and maybe even someone that could be the voice of qora, who would also keep the community updated in regards to the dev(s) progress.

We all know that as soon as we have a working wallet, we can get listed on an exchange.
STOP waiting for Crowetic to spare a few precious minutes to decide whether or not he wants to do something for Qora.

DO IT YOURSELF!!!
DO IT NOW!!!

DavidMc0

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:08:34 PM

Qora seems to have good potential, but in order to make any progress it needs a community, organisation, a clear vision + direction, and then resources.

Would it make sense for a Qora forum to be set up (perhaps a discourse forum?) so that the community can begin to organise its self towards some kind of progress?

Qora seems to have some great features, but does it offer anything significant compared with competitors?

Is there a community? Is Qora worth reviving? If so, what steps should be taken to begin the process & by who?
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:47:21 PM

Is there a community? Is Qora worth reviving? If so, what steps should be taken to begin the process & by who?
The client itself is top notch, it just has a little issue which can be fixed (for now) with minimal effort. It has great features (blogging, voting, issuing assets, to name a few), and it really doesn't need much of a vision. Everything that's needed (at least for now) is that one freaking fix which we're being stalled upon since months. That's what makes things annoying.
If this little thing is fixed, we could start approaching exchanges again, and I'm pretty sure we'd get that coin listed. The rest would come from alone, the network would grow again and then, we can think about how to move on further.

Help was offered, on multiple occasions, but (indirectly) denied by Crowe. But we're about to start a new approach, hoping it won't be a waste of time, again. Because it's such a waste to let an otherwise solid project rot to death, just because "someone" cannot accept that he cannot handle 74 projects at a time. At least not properly.

What QORA needs now is one simple fix which would resolve our current problem. What it doesn't need is empty promises of dedicated manpower equaling a small company just to develop the coin, and half assed progress, with the compiling of a jar alone taking three weeks and more.

I hope this post doesn't sound too harsh. But for now, I decided to stop celebrating updates and announcements, but instead only get excited when things actually happen.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:33:38 PM

OK
There are lots of ICO happening all around (often raising money for pure shit), if there's no money to establish a kind of Qora Foundation and hire developer(s) etc, then let trusted members of the Qora community organise an ICO to fund all the necessary things to revive the Qora coin.
Nashamoto

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:45:20 AM

The client itself is top notch, it just has a little issue which can be fixed (for now) with minimal effort. It has great features (blogging, voting, issuing assets, to name a few), and it really doesn't need much of a vision. Everything that's needed (at least for now) is that one freaking fix which we're being stalled upon since months. That's what makes things annoying.
If this little thing is fixed, we could start approaching exchanges again, and I'm pretty sure we'd get that coin listed. The rest would come from alone, the network would grow again and then, we can think about how to move on further.

Help was offered, on multiple occasions, but (indirectly) denied by Crowe. But we're about to start a new approach, hoping it won't be a waste of time, again. Because it's such a waste to let an otherwise solid project rot to death, just because "someone" cannot accept that he cannot handle 74 projects at a time. At least not properly.

What QORA needs now is one simple fix which would resolve our current problem. What it doesn't need is empty promises of dedicated manpower equaling a small company just to develop the coin, and half assed progress, with the compiling of a jar alone taking three weeks and more.

I hope this post doesn't sound too harsh. But for now, I decided to stop celebrating updates and announcements, but instead only get excited when things actually happen.

I agree, time to get excited when stuff is delivered, not just promised, and I don't care who is delivering really, and will gladly pay whoever is actually doing good work for Qora.

In ALL of cryptosphere there is no other coin quite like Qora, with such obvious potential, but still hasn't achieved anything significant.

It's Time!
templebar

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:46:08 AM

I agree, time to get excited when stuff is delivered, not just promised, and I don't care who is delivering really, and will gladly pay whoever is actually doing good work for Qora.

In ALL of cryptosphere there is no other coin quite like Qora, with such obvious potential, but still hasn't achieved anything significant.

It's Time!
Are there any devs still seriously working on this coin? I am still holding some from long time ago, would love to see some action
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:09:21 AM

The man who has signed up dev writes that they are working on development, unfortunately promises for quora we have seen for over a year. Where are some evidence of this hard work?

@crowetic

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
DavidMc0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:15:52 AM

Everything that's needed (at least for now) is that one freaking fix which we're being stalled upon since months. That's what makes things annoying.

What QORA needs now is one simple fix which would resolve our current problem.

Great to heart that there's confidence in most of the software and the offering. While it may seem QORA needs a simple fix, the reality is that it needs a community / team who is capable of delivering that fix. It won't happen on its own.

I think the community should start getting organised so that a community can form to support a team that can deliver.

It's Time!

Good to see more enthusiasm.

Seems like this community needs a place / way to start building toward some actual results, including firstly funding developers, then working on marketing etc to get this promising technology up and running again.

I'm a nobody around here, but want to help provoke something (as I hold a few QORA from back in the day).

How should this community get organised to start working toward results, and who can / would like to play a role in that?

Would a dedicated forum be useful?
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:19:13 PM

Great to heart that there's confidence in most of the software and the offering. While it may seem QORA needs a simple fix, the reality is that it needs a community / team who is capable of delivering that fix. It won't happen on its own.
Sigh. I explained it in several posts, already. Help was offered. Help from a competent Java developer who actually knows his stuff, and who is familiar with the source code of the QORA client. He tried and tried, talked to Crowe, did anything humanly possible to get involved and be allowed to deploy that single fix for that bug.

It's not that anyone is waiting for it to "happen on its own". The problem is, Crowe won't let others help get it done, while everyone and his mother is trying to convince him to accept the help he's being offered since ages.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
DavidMc0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

Sigh. I explained it in several posts, already. Help was offered. Help from a competent Java developer who actually knows his stuff, and who is familiar with the source code of the QORA client. He tried and tried, talked to Crowe, did anything humanly possible to get involved and be allowed to deploy that single fix for that bug.

It's not that anyone is waiting for it to "happen on its own". The problem is, Crowe won't let others help get it done, while everyone and his mother is trying to convince him to accept the help he's being offered since ages.

So you don't see any way for the community to move the project forward without Crowe on board?

The software is open source, so if help's available, can't the community ask the dev to fork the code and get on with it?

What needs to happen for the community to move this forward without Crowe if he's not interested (as appears to be the case in practice, despite his words)?
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:08:35 PM

So you don't see any way for the community to move the project forward without Crowe on board?
The software is open source, so if help's available, can't the community ask the dev to fork the code and get on with it?

It looks like the only way to go ahead is to fork Qora and start it over leaving old dev(s) behind
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6269

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:07:40 PM

Instead of a full "takeover", another possibility is to start a "Community Edition" with a transaparently managed repository. There the needed fix could be applied first, without ruling out the possibility of a return of the old main developer.

Something similar is what people did in Peercoin ("Peerunity"), and they were quite successful. Now the Peerunity developers are part of the main development team.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DavidMc0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:18:21 PM

Instead of a full "takeover", another possibility is to start a "Community Edition" with a transaparently managed repository. There the needed fix could be applied first, without ruling out the possibility of a return of the old main developer.

This sounds like a good idea to me.
yns1971

Activity: 399

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:23:08 AM

QORA Block Explorer

http://qora.vip

http://qorablock.com

Known Peers

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: