Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 01:49:10 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2016, 02:01:41 PM by wtman

Qora needs some marketing pros Smiley

We are working on it and hope to have an outline for Crowetic to approve soon.
MM

Looking forward to it. Thanks for your contribution to Qora Smiley

In addition to MikeMike's contribution, I think Qora should also have a dedicated person for marketing.

Some ideas about tie-ups for Qora I had recently:

Existing popular opinion sites can start polls using Qora at no cost to them. You can participate in the poll if you have Qora installed. The wallet can also have trending polls and send traffic to websites in return. This can work with Tech sites in the beginning. Start with one site, make a case study, then expand it to politics, celebrities and other topics that get viral quickly.

Plenty of opportunities to raise money for charities using Qrowdfund. Maybe we could tie up with some charities to hold their fundraisers on Qrowdfund?

Similarly, we can offer organizations on a tight budget that use Slack to use Quoth instead for their communications.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 03:26:34 PM

Similarly, we can offer organizations on a tight budget that use Slack to use Quoth instead for their communications.

Before this, we need list of Quoth's features. Comparison to Slack.
And of course, need to find "tight budget" organization that uses Slack (or plans to use, because people don't like changing team collaboration tools).
shbour

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:21:13 PM

Any one knows where I could get a hold on some Qora meanwhile Poloniex finally makes their wallet available again?
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 10:10:25 PM

How about the Qora roadmap that was coming up btw. Would need more information on the Qora mining accounts that could possibly reward old holders Smiley
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 12:52:10 AM

How about the Qora roadmap that was coming up btw. Would need more information on the Qora mining accounts that could possibly reward old holders Smiley

It was posted earlier here (I believe that was 'roadmap')
https://cloud.crowetic.com/s/GiFUdSU8wWRPqKq
Nilatak

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Any one knows where I could get a hold on some Qora meanwhile Poloniex finally makes their wallet available again?

Good question! I'm interested also for an answer....
eshriek

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:34:07 PM

You can still buy on polo. Or, you could post your terms here. How much do you want to buy? what is the price you are willing to pay? are you wanting someone to do escrow? Are you willing to go first? Etc.
shbour

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 04:53:48 PM

You can still buy on polo. Or, you could post your terms here. How much do you want to buy? what is the price you are willing to pay? are you wanting someone to do escrow? Are you willing to go first? Etc.

I already bought ~69k on polo but I want some in my wallet still. I can wait for the wallet to go available again, but I would also like to get some in the meantime, as no one seems to be able to know how long it will take for polo to enable their wallet again.
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 04:55:31 PM

The poloniex wallet should be fixed sometime soon and then you can withdraw. I'm sure the Qora devs are working to fix this issue once and for all. We have many dedicated nodes now too and more will become available after the poloniex withdrawals are open, even more of them after the Qora mining begins (as per roadmap) Smiley
shbour

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:08:37 PM

The poloniex wallet should be fixed sometime soon and then you can withdraw. I'm sure the Qora devs are working to fix this issue once and for all. We have many dedicated nodes now too and more will become available after the poloniex withdrawals are open, even more of them after the Qora mining begins (as per roadmap) Smiley

Yeah my wallet is up and running as well and it's just waiting for my coins to be withdrawn. I'm sure they are as well and I'm pretty excited about the coin as well. I've been told about 2 weeks ago and since then I've been trying to get some meanwhile the wallet on polo is available.

On a side not. Anyone knows how to install the wallet on a Raspberry Pi with an XUbuntu kernel? I tried to run it but I can't seem to figure out how to run the *.java files even after installing the default-jrc (or something like that, that the terminal told me I could get the command form).
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:42:38 PM

would be good to see active development and regular video updates about Quoth.

Video demos anyone? Qora can get a lot more popular than this. I think it could reach thousands of users with some promotion. We need someone who is dedicated to making videos, running a dedicated Qora forum and answering questions full time.

Agree. A well made video promotion for Qora's killer feature would definitely gain traction if posted on YouTube and other social media platforms in order to increase awareness and popularity. All we need is a good video designer that would help us reach this goal, and of course some donations to make this a reality. If there is any donations needed for this whenever it is Qora or BTC, then count me in. I'll be glad to help spread awareness of Qora.  Cheesy

There's sure a lot of potential value from decentralized hosting, polling and now the decentralized slack-clone Quoth. Imagine Quoth making news on something like CoinDesk?

Slack is a multi billion dollar company, but it doesn't offer decentralization like Quoth does. In April 2016 , Slack was valued at $2.8 billion.

Slack just confirmed that it's raised $200 million at a $3.8 billion valuation, confirming what Business Insider had previously reported.

The new round was led by Thrive Capital with participation by GGV, Comcast Ventures, and Slack's existing investors, including Accel and Social Capital.

The company has raised $540 million in total so far. Its last round of funding came exactly a year ago, when it raised $160 million at a $2.8 billion valuation.

Slack, launched a little over two years ago, is a popular communication and chat program for businesses. It allows people to send messages and create private group channels at work.

It makes money by charging monthly or annually subscriptions. It now has 2.7 million daily active users, of which 800,000 of them are paid users. In February, it said it's on pace to generate $64 million in revenue by the end of the year.

http://www.businessinsider.in/Slack-just-raised-another-200-million-round-and-its-now-worth-3-8-billion/articleshow/51652373.cms

Qora surely lacks appropriate marketing and without that, we just can't expect it to gain users. Without appropriate marketing, how would people discover the usability of Qora?

"Slack is a multi billion dollar company, but it doesn't offer decentralization like Quoth does. In April 2016 , Slack was valued at $2.8 billion."

I quite agree with you! the potential of Qora is really huge, we are speaking about billions here!
Time will tell, but I am very satisfied with this sleeping giant
eshriek

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:46:32 PM

I already bought ~69k on polo but I want some in my wallet still. I can wait for the wallet to go available again, but I would also like to get some in the meantime, as no one seems to be able to know how long it will take for polo to enable their wallet again.

I'll give a bounty of 70k if I get an IDE running with Qora cloned from git. Last time I used Java was when J2ME was new. Even if I do not get it running, if Crowetic says the tutorial should work I'll send the bounty to whoever he says. If he doesn't say someone but does point me to a reasonable tutorial then 70k can go to shbour. Escrow is okay too. I might need a week or so to confirm that the tutorial works seeing as programming and crypto is just a hobby.
eshriek

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:51:29 PM

would be good to see active development and regular video updates about Quoth.

Video demos anyone? Qora can get a lot more popular than this. I think it could reach thousands of users with some promotion. We need someone who is dedicated to making videos, running a dedicated Qora forum and answering questions full time.

Agree. A well made video promotion for Qora's killer feature would definitely gain traction if posted on YouTube and other social media platforms in order to increase awareness and popularity. All we need is a good video designer that would help us reach this goal, and of course some donations to make this a reality. If there is any donations needed for this whenever it is Qora or BTC, then count me in. I'll be glad to help spread awareness of Qora.  Cheesy

There's sure a lot of potential value from decentralized hosting, polling and now the decentralized slack-clone Quoth. Imagine Quoth making news on something like CoinDesk?

Slack is a multi billion dollar company, but it doesn't offer decentralization like Quoth does. In April 2016 , Slack was valued at $2.8 billion.

Slack just confirmed that it's raised $200 million at a $3.8 billion valuation, confirming what Business Insider had previously reported.

The new round was led by Thrive Capital with participation by GGV, Comcast Ventures, and Slack's existing investors, including Accel and Social Capital.

The company has raised $540 million in total so far. Its last round of funding came exactly a year ago, when it raised $160 million at a $2.8 billion valuation.

Slack, launched a little over two years ago, is a popular communication and chat program for businesses. It allows people to send messages and create private group channels at work.

It makes money by charging monthly or annually subscriptions. It now has 2.7 million daily active users, of which 800,000 of them are paid users. In February, it said it's on pace to generate $64 million in revenue by the end of the year.

http://www.businessinsider.in/Slack-just-raised-another-200-million-round-and-its-now-worth-3-8-billion/articleshow/51652373.cms

Qora surely lacks appropriate marketing and without that, we just can't expect it to gain users. Without appropriate marketing, how would people discover the usability of Qora?

"Slack is a multi billion dollar company, but it doesn't offer decentralization like Quoth does. In April 2016 , Slack was valued at $2.8 billion."

I quite agree with you! the potential of Qora is really huge, we are speaking about billions here!
Time will tell, but I am very satisfied with this sleeping giant

What Quoth needs is users before more features. Even adding new channels will be counterproductive at this point. The original 3 channels need to be busy!
http://qora.online:9090/quothprototype

shbour

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 09:34:46 PM

I'll give a bounty of 70k if I get an IDE running with Qora cloned from git.

Not sure to understand what you mean there eshriek. Do you mind explaining a little?
shbour

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 11:42:59 PM

On a side not. Anyone knows how to install the wallet on a Raspberry Pi with an XUbuntu kernel? I tried to run it but I can't seem to figure out how to run the *.java files even after installing the default-jrc (or something like that, that the terminal told me I could get the command form).

Alright just got it running on my Rasp Pi with ROKOS OS (XUbuntu kernel if it changes anything). Just need to go to:

1. http://docs.qora.org/#universal-walet
2. press on v.0.26
3. download the zip file
4. Extract
5. chmod 775 run.sh
6. ./run.sh
7. Enter the information it will ask you making sure to save your seed
eshriek

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:49:12 AM

Not sure to understand what you mean there eshriek. Do you mind explaining a little?

Qora is developed using an IDE like Netbeans or Eclipse. I've found introductory Java programming relatively easy to learn. Setting up the Java environment is always difficult. I've tried with Eclipse 1.8 (I think) but no joy. I also tried with Netbeans. IDE = integrated development environment. It is not just setting the environment up, it is also integrating it with the git repository.

I gave up trying maybe a month ago.
shbour

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:56:25 PM

Qora is developed using an IDE like Netbeans or Eclipse. I've found introductory Java programming relatively easy to learn. Setting up the Java environment is always difficult. I've tried with Eclipse 1.8 (I think) but no joy. I also tried with Netbeans. IDE = integrated development environment. It is not just setting the environment up, it is also integrating it with the git repository.

I gave up trying maybe a month ago.
Oh okay, thanks for the explanation.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 04:10:27 PM

a webwallet would be great  Smiley

Exactly. It would make things much easier and convenient for you to send a receive Qora instantly. If added, it could help attract newcomers into the Qora platform, thus making it even more useful. Since, Qora is a decentralized web server, I think that it is possible to implement an online wallet with it that would be free from censorship, and most of all truly unstoppable.

Also, a Qora application for mobile devices would be pretty handy. Most people have smartphones nowadays, so it is a good entry point for newcomers to get to know more about Qora and cryptocurrencies. If devs decide to take these routes, then it would be pretty ideal in order to help Qora grow in the long term. Just suggesting.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:20:30 PM

Exactly. It would make things much easier and convenient for you to send a receive Qora instantly. If added, it could help attract newcomers into the Qora platform, thus making it even more useful. Since, Qora is a decentralized web server, I think that it is possible to implement an online wallet with it that would be free from censorship, and most of all truly unstoppable.

Also, a Qora application for mobile devices would be pretty handy. Most people have smartphones nowadays, so it is a good entry point for newcomers to get to know more about Qora and cryptocurrencies. If devs decide to take these routes, then it would be pretty ideal in order to help Qora grow in the long term. Just suggesting.  Grin

little secret...  web wallet is almost complete Wink

After the next few things I'm getting developed are done... Then marketing starts HARD. Smiley

Be ready! Cheesy

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:07:52 PM

little secret...  web wallet is almost complete Wink

After the next few things I'm getting developed are done... Then marketing starts HARD. Smiley

Be ready! Cheesy

That are awesome news! Shocked
Thank you!
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: