Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:19:36 PM

Well, you really don't know where the BTCs that have been donated come from. They might come from illegal activities.
I can see what Lannister's doing: somehow, being in charge with the funds, he might be associated with some tainted BTC. I see no problem in mixing the funds.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:29:55 PM

Well, you really don't know where the BTCs that have been donated come from. They might come from illegal activities.
I can see what Lannister's doing: somehow, being in charge with the funds, he might be associated with some tainted BTC. I see no problem in mixing the funds.

but it seems statistically odd that EVERY donation greater in value than 0.5 btc (not a huge sum) went through a mixer BEFORE being donated. that's not a random pattern. that's behaviour.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:34:06 PM

but it seems statistically odd that EVERY donation greater in value than 0.5 btc (not a huge sum) went through a mixer BEFORE being donated. that's not a random pattern. that behaviour.

Oh it went through a mixer before not after, sorry, I misunderstood that.
Anyway what's the problem if a creator wants to get a stash in his own project?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
bitbitch

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:41:44 PM

but it seems statistically odd that EVERY donation greater in value than 0.5 btc (not a huge sum) went through a mixer BEFORE being donated. that's not a random pattern. that behaviour.

is it technically possible to send donations through a mixer to be resubmitted as 'new' coin to an ICO?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:44:57 PM

How could they have been sent through a mixer if the XEL will be sent to the address from which the send originated?  Or you're saying they were mixed prior to sending?  Either way, I sent more than .5btc and I didn't use a mixer.
bitbitch

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:58:08 PM

i'm sure the devs will be along soon enough to clear up the confusion.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:32:44 PM

is it technically possible to send donations through a mixer to be resubmitted as 'new' coin to an ICO?

and why should you do that?
bitbitch

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:00:17 PM

English modal verbs can be a bit tricky to master
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:05:13 PM

I like the idea of the Elastic supercomputer. It is a great way of making the blockchain even more useful than before. Can't wait for its official release. I have the feeling that this is going to be huge.  Cheesy

Invested in this project already, considering to invest more now Smiley

Completely agree, have high hopes for Elastic. Slow and steady, devs you are doing a fantastic job!

GEO, RLC & QRL.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:19:18 PM

English modal verbs can be a bit tricky to master

i see your point, but you would only fake donations to your own ICO. but for what? so that others feel more inclined to donate? the effect is so small thats not worth it.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:39:21 PM

To receive XEL at no cost.
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:41:13 PM

To receive XEL at no cost.

That makes sense.
But, wouldn't the XELs go to the public key of the address the payment is going to be received from?

If they use a mixer, how are they going to get the XELs?  Roll Eyes
Lannister (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:59:34 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2016, 09:47:04 AM by Lannister

Quote from: Nomad88
There is one think i am trying to understand, there is a mixer involved for every donation above 0,5btc which makes them very suspicious. Am i missing something here or is it just a coincides?

Simple enough, all donations above 0,5btc are untraceable due to mixing. Is it just a coincidence? I have a feeling that those donations are made by the project owners. Do i need to be more clear?

Yet another group of trolls who posts deliberately inflammatory messages which cause a lot of confusion in the community. Or is this just another iceberg of misinterpretation and misconception? I'm irritated. To bring this discussion to an end, as far as I'm concerned of, there is no reliable way to distinguish a mixed transaction from a regular transaction (unless it's coin join).

Now, that you claim that you have found a magic algorithm which consistently identifies mixed transactions, would you mind sharing it with us? This would help us all to verify your allegations. I give you 3 BTC if you can do so within the next 24 hours.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
Isarmatrose

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:04:16 AM

There is one think i am trying to understand, there is a mixer involved for every donation above 0,5btc which makes them very suspicious. Am i missing something here or is it just a coincides?

Simple enough, all donations above 0,5btc are untraceable due to mixing. Is it just a coincidence? I have a feeling that those donations are made by the project owners. Do i need to be more clear?

Yet another group of trolls who posts deliberately inflammatory messages which cause a lot of confusion in the community. Or is this just another iceberg of misinterpretation and misconception? I'm irritated. To bring this discussion to an end, as far as I'm concerned of, there is no reliable way to distinguish a mixed transaction from a regular transaction (unless it's coin join).

Now, that you claim that you have found a magic algorithm which consistently identifies mixed transactions, would you mind sharing it with us? This would help us all to verify your allegations. I give you 3 BTC if you can do so within the next 24 hours.

Hello World,

This mentalpanda guy is writing bullshit.
These are all normal looking and entirely different compared to each other.

In 1BeyK8UPBAuvKahaeLbdDBwuqu1WJRdnca and 1C1ZXeQUJQGi8GL7iyjoi6zfGd4EC25981 for example, the user aggregates many unspent outputs into one address and donates the entire amount from there. This is the recommended procedure in the howto desciption.

1K4iZ9FFDx5CyAWKgfTH3hSCnVRtrmm1eS does it differently. He does not aggregation at all because he already has an unspent output of 2 BTC of which he donates 1.5 BTC and sends 0.5 BTC change to one of his change addresses.

1Gx4nmEt8VyNeSjn675o3bHZ7VSaZjS5yk is a totally different case. Here he either mixed or he withdrew 2.22 BTC to his address of which he donated 2 BTC and sent 0.22 BTC as change to one of his change addresses. It is impossible to tell if the btc came from a mixer, from an exchange or from somewhere else.

The quoted addresses which mentalpanda quoted are ALL DIFFERENT. Some of them 100% have not used a mixer, for others we can't tell.

I would say, mental panda is a full troll and went from HERO TO ZERO in just one post.

Jonas
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:00:45 AM

Hey,

I got a possibly stupid question which is probably already answered, I'm gonna ask it anyways: How exactly is the success of certain operations measured? In case of finding prime numbers, it is relatively simple, but what about, let's say, finding the smallest possible amount of steps to fulfill a certain task? Provided, you can't determine the amount of steps beforehand, how do you measure success?
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 11:46:16 AM

Hey,

I got a possibly stupid question which is probably already answered, I'm gonna ask it anyways: How exactly is the success of certain operations measured? In case of finding prime numbers, it is relatively simple, but what about, let's say, finding the smallest possible amount of steps to fulfill a certain task? Provided, you can't determine the amount of steps beforehand, how do you measure success?
I think that the creator of the job has to make it well-defined, and the network mitigates the possible attack vectors.
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1267

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 03:07:45 PM

It seems like we trolls are causing some problems for those who donated to Elastic project as well as those who are reciving these donations. It was a simple question and most of you decided to ignore it and call me and panda trolls instead of thinking it through and wait for a logical answer from the developers. You guys might think those transactions are normal, I don`t.

bitbitch

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:33:07 PM

It seems like we trolls are causing some problems for those who donated to Elastic project as well as those who are reciving these donations. It was a simple question and most of you decided to ignore it and call me and panda trolls instead of thinking it through and wait for a logical answer from the developers. You guys might think those transactions are normal, I don`t.

if they are not normal transactions what by their abnormal nature do they suggest to you?
Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:46:00 PM

You guys might think those transactions are normal, I don`t.

First of all, please tell us what is so abnormal about those transactions.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
Lannister (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:48:29 AM

This is the last chance to explain 1.) what is so abnormal about all transaction and 2.) how we all can verify that the quoted transactions were mixed. I am asking this the third time now. I think that you can't or don't want to answer. Either way, if you do not explain your allegations withing the next 6 hours I will remove this entire discussion from this thread.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: