Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:05:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77020 times)
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:47:48 AM

do we have a slack channel?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:43:26 AM

Hi, this is a crowdsale ?  can I get the timing please?
CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:50:23 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 10:34:51 AM by CryptoVote

Yes, we have a Slack channel but we don't use it too often: https://silknetwork.slack.com
PM your email to either Spencer or I and we will send you an invite.

We use Skype for communications and plan to integrate waffle.io for project management.  I like Slack but our team tends to gravitate towards Skype.

Our Waffle sites haven't been fully adopted but you can view our backlog, issue list and progress:

DarkSilk Waffle: https://waffle.io/SCDeveloper/DarkSilk-Release-Candidate
Silk Waffle: https://waffle.io/SCDeveloper/Silk-Release-Candidate

In May, DarkSilk has commits from five different developers that was merged into the main branch.  Another stat to debunk the troll.

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:22:28 PM

Yes, we have a Slack channel but we don't use it too often: https://silknetwork.slack.com

We use Skype for communications and plan to integrate waffle.io for project management.  I like Slack but our team tends to gravitate towards Skype.

Our Waffle sites haven't been fully adopted but you can view our backlog, issue list and progress:

In May, DarkSilk has commits from five different developers that was merged into the main branch.  Another stat to debunk the troll.

Sweet, PM sent.

I was not even aware of waffle so that was cool to check out as well.

Trolls are bums...

thanks,
john
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:13:32 PM

Yeh there will be but don't ask when. We don't have to tell you that. Just be patient and stop asking so many questions.  Cant you see the camel marching? It marches bro, until then don't bother us.
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 03:50:47 AM

Yeh there will be but don't ask when. We don't have to tell you that. Just be patient and stop asking so many questions.  Cant you see the camel marching? It marches bro, until then don't bother us.

lol so what is your actual handle? clearly this is an alt account expressly made for trolling the Silk network for some reason. Having fun? Roll Eyes

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:49:31 AM

Hi, this is a crowdsale ?  can I get the timing please?

Yeh there will be but don't ask when. We don't have to tell you that. Just be patient and stop asking so many questions.  Cant you see the camel marching? It marches bro, until then don't bother us.

lol so what is your actual handle? clearly this is an alt account expressly made for trolling the Silk network for some reason. Having fun? Roll Eyes

Huh? I'm just trying to be part of the xommunity.  Was that not the correct response? I don't get you guys.  The camel does what now? Thought was a Marchin somewhere.  And people shouldnt ask anything..  just read the ANN man!

If I wanted to have a shill account I'd make 20 of em.. but don't have time for that.  Just thought I'd change my tune and help out. Guess I can't do nothing right.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:42:12 PM

Looks like a discount sale on SILK over at Poloniex right now....  Get em while you can...

OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:05:32 PM

In May, DarkSilk has commits from five different developers that was merged into the main branch.  Another stat to debunk the troll.

Thanks for the waffle links. With everyone hyper cautious about giving dates it's nice to have some way to gauge roughly how much work is still to be done.

Looks like a discount sale on SILK over at Poloniex right now....  Get em while you can...

Honestly i'm surprised the price held up so well for this long, it's been a long road and there are lots of shiny icos for people to dip in and out of.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:58:23 PM

No block explorer?  Why no block explorer? 
CryptoVote

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:43:52 AM

We do have block explorers but who besides developers needs or wants to use them?  Also, we have started so many test chains, it is difficult to keep up.  We have 2 Darksilk and 1 Silk test chains currently and will need a new chains for Darksilk if we need to change the Argon2d parameters and when we start using Blake2b for PoS hashing.

CryptoVote

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:10:41 AM

I think Darksilk will have a crowdsale. Silk will have a 1:1 swap (you will need to use Poleniz)without a no fee and unlimited time to swap.

Sorry, the timing for the crowdsale and release dates are unknown.  Our team consists of mostly part time developers/engineers that get paid little to nothing.

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 09:49:56 AM

I think Darksilk will have a crowdsale. Silk will have a 1:1 swap (you will need to use Poleniz)without a no fee and unlimited time to swap.

Sorry, the timing for the crowdsale and release dates are unknown.  Our team consists of mostly part time developers/engineers that get paid little to nothing.

Have you considered starting the crowdsale before completely finishing Darksilk and Weaver? There aren't many other crowdsales done this way (creating the finished product first). It'd give you guys some funds and might speed things up a bit.

CryptoVote

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:36:51 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 06:53:54 PM by CryptoVote

Sorry, the timing for the crowdsale and release dates are unknown.  Our team consists of mostly part time developers/engineers that get paid little to nothing.

Have you considered starting the crowdsale before completely finishing Darksilk and Weaver? There aren't many other crowdsales done this way (creating the finished product first). It'd give you guys some funds and might speed things up a bit.

Spencer is leading this project so we need to defer to him regarding the crowdsale.  I would agree that would make sense and might speed things up.  I would also invest BTC in a Silk Network crowdsale if I could.

I personally can not accept any monetary funds due to a contractual obligation with my new employer.  I was cleared to work on the Silk Network and other open source projects but not for reimbursement.  I suppose my employer might accept funds on contract but they charge $200 per hour for me.  We have other C++ programmers but they too are expensive ($100-175) and we try to focus on clinical informatics software.

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:01:38 AM

We do have block explorers but who besides developers needs or wants to use them?  Also, we have started so many test chains, it is difficult to keep up.  We have 2 Darksilk and 1 Silk test chains currently and will need a new chains for Darksilk if we need to change the Argon2d parameters and when we start using Blake2b for PoS hashing.

I mean for Silkcoin..  ya know the one that's being sold on poloniex...  the one this whole thing is about?? There is no block explorer and it's not needed? I'm hoping I'm missing the point of your reply here..  when selling a coin a block explorer is needed..  I hope I don't need to explain why?  Block explorer link please? For Silkcoin? 
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:02:26 AM

Sorry, the timing for the crowdsale and release dates are unknown.  Our team consists of mostly part time developers/engineers that get paid little to nothing.

Spencer is leading this project so we need to defer to him regarding the crowdsale.  I would agree that would make sense and might speed things up.  I would also invest BTC in a Silk Network crowdsale if I could.

I personally can not accept any monetary funds due to a contractual obligation with my new employer.  I was cleared to work on the Silk Network and other open source projects but not for reimbursement.  I suppose my employer might accept funds on contract but they charge $200 per hour for me.  We have other C++ programmers but they too are expensive ($100-175) and we try to focus on clinical informatics software.

Great.  No block explorer and now priming the community for a crowd sale for vaporware.. cmon guys
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 06:58:22 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 07:58:39 AM by OrsonJ

Great.  No block explorer and now priming the community for a crowd sale for vaporware.. cmon guys

"vaporware"  Roll Eyes  Give it up, it seems to be about 90% done and hardly any crowdsales start with the product that close to completion.

The block explorer used to be at http://silkexplorer.silknetwork.org

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 08:58:38 AM

Vaporware? Sort your life out dude.

You also didn't specify what block explorer you wanted, all you said was "No block explorer?  Why no block explorer?".

Now considering this is the PRE-ANN/DISCUSSION thread for Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver why would we think you were referencing Silkcoin?

We are not the Silkcoin developers.

None of us are working on the Silkcoin wallet nor further developing platforms or services for it.

We are working on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:41:56 AM

The price held steady for a long time: now it has eventually gone back to a more "natural" one. This gives more people the chance to jump in before it is too late.
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 11:19:07 AM

The price held steady for a long time: now it has eventually gone back to a more "natural" one. This gives more people the chance to jump in before it is too late.

I don't know what a natural price is, but I think the drop is probably more a reflection of people being reluctant to invest in a project with an expected launch date of "it'll be ready when it's ready".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: