Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:46:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77021 times)
xnyz

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 12:01:39 PM

Awesome.  The mods deleted all my posts in regards to arteleis getting fucked by this team.. hows your release going you slaves? Make it on bittrex yet? Sell your coins before its too late.  War is coming.

i'm not surprised dude it's you!
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 01:33:31 PM

Rawx recently launched, it seems pretty nice so far (if polo's etherlust is an actual issue)
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 01:40:33 PM

Awesome.  The mods deleted all my posts in regards to arteleis getting fucked by this team.. hows your release going you slaves? Make it on bittrex yet? Sell your coins before its too late.  War is coming.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

I would like to mine... when mining starts!?
Once DarkSilk is released, read the OP it covers all.

Rawx recently launched, it seems pretty nice so far (if polo's etherlust is an actual issue)
Yes, I'm curious as to why they are hesitant to reply. Their support service is rather slow imo.

So where are we at?
We are in the final stages of communication with Bittrex to make sure we have an exchange at Silk launch.
TraK4Ubitl if you still want to have that conversation, this week would be the right time. We are also here for you, remember.

ICO over?

Not happening.  Silk takeover is dead.
Far from it, the devs are still working hard to make it happen.
PS1987

Activity: 394
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:57:22 PM

Sry to ask but I dont really get it.
I bought Silkcoin 1 month ago on poloniex. As far as I understood I have to convert them into SLK to get the possibility to buy DARKSILK. This is only possible on Weaver which is not released yet?
In other words, my stacked Silkcoin on Polo are basically useless yet? If yes what can I do with them except trading?
Thanks for clarification.

Greetings Phil
Delita Heiral

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:20:38 PM

You can transfer them to a local wallet and stake them until the swap, or you can buy something from someone thatll accept it.  If youre in the market for nootropics, i'll accept it.

Yes, I'm curious as to why they are hesitant to reply. Their support service is rather slow imo.

They just launched im sure theyre busy with real issues, if their coinlist stays short longterm id def like to see silk on it
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 03:28:49 PM

You can transfer them to a local wallet and stake them until the swap, or you can buy something from someone thatll accept it.  If youre in the market for nootropics, i'll accept it.

They just launched im sure theyre busy with real issues, if their coinlist stays short longterm id def like to see silk on it

Maybe he meant polo's support. They're leagues ahead of most other exchanges, I think it's worth waiting a little longer to hear back from them.

Delita Heiral

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:40:37 PM

Polo has huge volume but are very opaque in practice.  The way they handled the etc drop showed absolute disregard for users over fee intake.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 04:13:35 PM

Polo has huge volume but are very opaque in practice.  The way they handled the etc drop showed absolute disregard for users over fee intake.

Said this a while back.  Polo is busy with ETC/ETH money makers.  Nothing else matters to them at this point.  Maybe a couple months down the road from now.  But if it is imperative to get on an exchange with the release, honestly I wouldn't hold my breath for Polo.  Unfortunately Polo is now in a world where money talks.  Didn't use to be that way, but hey whatever, to each his own.

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 04:35:30 PM

Polo has huge volume but are very opaque in practice.  The way they handled the etc drop showed absolute disregard for users over fee intake.

Said this a while back.  Polo is busy with ETC/ETH money makers.  Nothing else matters to them at this point.  Maybe a couple months down the road from now.  But if it is imperative to get on an exchange with the release, honestly I wouldn't hold my breath for Polo.  Unfortunately Polo is now in a world where money talks.  Didn't use to be that way, but hey whatever, to each his own.

I don't know what makes you think this wasn't always the case though. They're running a business and whether you agree with it or not listing ETC didn't suddenly change that in some way. They've always been primarily money-oriented. Still, there's a prestige associated with being listed on Poloniex that the team here fully deserves plus it means SLK reaching a wider audience (and higher volume). We've all been waiting for more than a year now, I don't think waiting another week or two to arrange being listed on the biggest exchange in the world is too great a sacrifice. Then if there's still been no reply they can look at alternatives.

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 04:44:03 PM

Polo has huge volume but are very opaque in practice.  The way they handled the etc drop showed absolute disregard for users over fee intake.

Said this a while back.  Polo is busy with ETC/ETH money makers.  Nothing else matters to them at this point.  Maybe a couple months down the road from now.  But if it is imperative to get on an exchange with the release, honestly I wouldn't hold my breath for Polo.  Unfortunately Polo is now in a world where money talks.  Didn't use to be that way, but hey whatever, to each his own.

I don't know what makes you think this wasn't always the case though. They're running a business and whether you agree with it or not listing ETC didn't suddenly change that in some way. They've always been primarily money-oriented. Still, there's a prestige associated with being listed on Poloniex that the team here fully deserves plus it means SLK reaching a wider audience (and higher volume). We've all been waiting for more than a year now, I don't think waiting another week or two to arrange being listed on the biggest exchange in the world is too great a sacrifice. Then if there's still been no reply they can look at alternatives.

The Silk code is ready.

The team is waiting for a response from Poloniex and we have already messaged Bittrex.

We are a professional team and the last thing we are going to do is pre-ejaculate and ruin everything because we got overexcited or pressured into releasing early.

We have a lot of documentation to release to the community, two very in-depth sites which are packed with information, press-releases to be released and a lot of other stuff going on behind the scenes in preparation for launch.

I don't work for near 2 years to ruin everything in 2 days.

Everyone will wait until Silk Network is ready to release. Which will be made clear and very public.
Orestes

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:59:08 PM

I bought Silkcoin 1 month ago on poloniex. As far as I understood I have to convert them into SLK to get the possibility to buy DARKSILK. This is only possible on Weaver which is not released yet?
In other words, my stacked Silkcoin on Polo are basically useless yet? If yes what can I do with them except trading?

Greetings Phil

You will need to convert Silkcoin to SLK yes. DarkSilk however is a seperate coin, which can be bought/sold on any market that will carry it. SLK will be of vital importance to the Silk Network, you've invested into the backbone of Silk Network's success.

Of course SLK, like any other coin, could be used as a medium of exchange.
Delita Heiral

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:27:45 PM

Listing ETC without any notice and stripping it out of ETH lending orders on launch is an opportunistic and borderline illegal 'business' practice.  We have to be there because thats where the volume is, period, not because its magical and prestigious-  we're already listed there ffs.
PS1987

Activity: 394
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:32:41 PM

Greetings Phil

You will need to convert Silkcoin to SLK yes. DarkSilk however is a seperate coin, which can be bought/sold on any market that will carry it. SLK will be of vital importance to the Silk Network, you've invested into the backbone of Silk Network's success.

Of course SLK, like any other coin, could be used as a medium of exchange.

Ok so the best is to wait and be patient for further updates
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 06:40:03 PM

All I am doing is calling a spade a spade.  It may be hitting nerves, but when I say something, it isn't for shits and giggles.  When I say good luck in Polo getting back to you, that means exactly that...  This is not meant to push the team to release, it's giving everyone a god damn insight.  See the forest for the trees, then talk to me later about it when you realize I was right.

EDIT:  The Polo delay will give the team lots of time to complete everything else...

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 06:47:16 PM

Listing ETC without any notice and stripping it out of ETH lending orders on launch is an opportunistic and borderline illegal 'business' practice.  We have to be there because thats where the volume is, period, not because its magical and prestigious-  we're already listed there ffs.

What do you mean by stripping it out of ETH lending orders?

Delita Heiral

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:00:58 PM

I mean that polo and associates bought up eth lends, then listed etc, then kept the etc all the lended eth would have yielded to users, then shorted all the eth as it crashed.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 08:16:02 PM

I mean that polo and associates bought up eth lends, then listed etc, then kept the etc all the lended eth would have yielded to users, then shorted all the eth as it crashed.

+1

It's going to catch up to them.  Basing the company in the US and then doing shady shit!  That's a ton of money!

Remember all of you, the Feds can shut that shit the fuck down anytime they want!  Period, end of story...

But yea, can't leave out the fact that it's the number one exchange.

#rantover

Orestes

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:28:00 AM

All I am doing is calling a spade a spade.  It may be hitting nerves, but when I say something, it isn't for shits and giggles.  When I say good luck in Polo getting back to you, that means exactly that...  This is not meant to push the team to release, it's giving everyone a god damn insight.  See the forest for the trees, then talk to me later about it when you realize I was right.

EDIT:  The Polo delay will give the team lots of time to complete everything else...

+1

It's going to catch up to them.  Basing the company in the US and then doing shady shit!  That's a ton of money!

Remember all of you, the Feds can shut that shit the fuck down anytime they want!  Period, end of story...

#rantover

We set aside some time for Poloniex to make a response, but not beyond reason. And we are communicating with Bittrex to make sure we have entrance to a market asap.
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:15:39 AM

All I am doing is calling a spade a spade.  It may be hitting nerves, but when I say something, it isn't for shits and giggles.  When I say good luck in Polo getting back to you, that means exactly that...  This is not meant to push the team to release, it's giving everyone a god damn insight.  See the forest for the trees, then talk to me later about it when you realize I was right.

+1

#rantover

We set aside some time for Poloniex to make a response, but not beyond reason. And we are communicating with Bittrex to make sure we have entrance to a market asap.

Go with Bittrex. I have had no issue with them in the years I have used them. Any issues I've had have been resolved within hours...longest a day. Polo on the other hand is shady shit site for sure. I'm sure everyone has had different experiences, but I will take bittrex over poloniex any day. They have never fucked me.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: