Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77021 times)
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 08:34:40 PM

laymans explanation of what is sandstorm mixing?

This with silky branding.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 01:57:28 AM

Is there any kind of revised timeline for the launches now?

At the moment we are getting all the paperwork/documentation together i.e. OP, info, press releases, guides and more.

Silk I have in testing and am trying to improve upon the code every second I can up until we actually do launch. DarkSilk is currently sat in the sidelines just biding its time to be unleashed.

We are also waiting on other people to finish up their work (it's not all about the wallets). Graphic designer has to provide a couple more graphics for the sites, OP is being handed to him to finalise the look of it, Matthew has to finish up some parts of his work on Weaver and the websites, so it's just the final few bits coming together now.

Once we have all these in place ready and the entire team is ready as well, we will create a launch timer, release press material and begin the media hype machine.

There will be no ninja release, everyone will know well ahead of time and will be prepared.

Cheesy
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:23:13 AM

Sooooo Close

drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 02:50:53 PM

Is there any kind of revised timeline for the launches now?

At the moment we are getting all the paperwork/documentation together i.e. OP, info, press releases, guides and more.

Silk I have in testing and am trying to improve upon the code every second I can up until we actually do launch. DarkSilk is currently sat in the sidelines just biding its time to be unleashed.

We are also waiting on other people to finish up their work (it's not all about the wallets). Graphic designer has to provide a couple more graphics for the sites, OP is being handed to him to finalise the look of it, Matthew has to finish up some parts of his work on Weaver and the websites, so it's just the final few bits coming together now.

Once we have all these in place ready and the entire team is ready as well, we will create a launch timer, release press material and begin the media hype machine.

There will be no ninja release, everyone will know well ahead of time and will be prepared.

Cheesy

Cool beans!  Hopefully by month end...  So ready to get my coins into the new SLK wallet.  Tired of the old one freezing up!

Keep up the good work all!

raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:59:51 PM

I just use webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#silknetwork. Works good for me.

that's handy! i didnt know this one, thanks
yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:28:42 PM

Everyday I look at coinmarketcap and I am still in awe over how many shit coins out there are X-times the market cap of Silkcoin, yet have no features and nothing but chatter.....

Can't wait til SLK and DRKSLK hit and create an uber whirlwind and rip the crypto scene apart.  Time for a change and that change is near!

+1 my thoughts exactly! Market cap for SLK and DRKSLK will easily be 1.5mil
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 04:37:34 PM

Everyday I look at coinmarketcap and I am still in awe over how many shit coins out there are X-times the market cap of Silkcoin, yet have no features and nothing but chatter.....

Can't wait til SLK and DRKSLK hit and create an uber whirlwind and rip the crypto scene apart.  Time for a change and that change is near!

+1 my thoughts exactly! Market cap for SLK and DRKSLK will easily be 1.5mil

In excess of.

Silkcoin (Original) was at a 1.5 million marketcap when it launched and a while after.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:08:09 PM

Silk has code taken from Emercoin/Namecoin for decentralised DNS services which works in the Daemon without issue (RPC calls). However the GUI elements within Emercoin do not function, but they will in Silk. This is something we are sorting for launch. Also we will have MultiSig UI in the wallet and functioning. Basically, what I am saying is this, whatever you see in the wallet, works.

Also to make life easier, within the receive tab where your addresses are contained, we are actually adding the address labels and making it possible to copy/paste the address from that list, which, suprisingly, isn't possible in Bitcoin or other coins based upon its last few version releases. This will be made possible in both Silk and DarkSilk.

Also prior to launch I am looking to add the functions from HyperStake where splitting of inputs is possible from the UI interface, which will again make the end-users life a lot easier when it comes to organising their inputs for stake.

If anyone within the community has any suggestions for the codebases, please speak up. They will be attempted to be implemented for launch or road-mapped for implementation after.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:15:40 PM

If it's not much to ask I would like to have a real time price ticker for silk embedded into the new wallet. I know it does not bring much value to it but it's something I find very handy.

Even an IRC chat would be nice.

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:18:05 PM

If it's not much to ask I would like to have a real time price ticker for silk embedded into the new wallet. I know it does not bring much value to it but it's something I find very handy.

Price ticker will be implemented in Version 1.1.0.0 Smiley

IRC Chat I will talk to the team about. Not a huge fan of IRC connectivity in the wallet. Not the chat but the protocol.

Will keep you posted.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:25:11 PM

Price ticker will be implemented in Version 1.1.0.0 Smiley

IRC Chat I will talk to the team about. Not a huge fan of IRC connectivity in the wallet. Not the chat but the protocol.

Will keep you posted.

Good.
Alongside SILK, SLK and DRKSLK I see, of course, a BTC price ticker.
I mean IRC is a nothing more than a small plus. If the protocol can cause issues than forget about it then.

Smiley
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 06:20:08 PM

Silk has code taken from Emercoin/Namecoin for decentralised DNS services which works in the Daemon without issue (RPC calls). However the GUI elements within Emercoin do not function, but they will in Silk. This is something we are sorting for launch. Also we will have MultiSig UI in the wallet and functioning. Basically, what I am saying is this, whatever you see in the wallet, works.

Also to make life easier, within the receive tab where your addresses are contained, we are actually adding the address labels and making it possible to copy/paste the address from that list, which, suprisingly, isn't possible in Bitcoin or other coins based upon its last few version releases. This will be made possible in both Silk and DarkSilk.

Also prior to launch I am looking to add the functions from HyperStake where splitting of inputs is possible from the UI interface, which will again make the end-users life a lot easier when it comes to organising their inputs for stake.

If anyone within the community has any suggestions for the codebases, please speak up. They will be attempted to be implemented for launch or road-mapped for implementation after.

Hahaha wow you sneaky buggers, I wondered what that "Manage Names" tab was about. I'm glad for the delay now knowing it's given you guys time to make additions and refinements like these. Keep up the great work!

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 06:40:22 PM

Hahaha wow you sneaky buggers, I wondered what that "Manage Names" tab was about. I'm glad for the delay now knowing it's given you guys time to make additions and refinements like these. Keep up the great work!

I've worked alongside Eugene from Emercoin whilst doing the final changes to Silk and then Amir realised that the UI in fact doesn't work. We will fix this and then later pull request to Emercoin. Amir has already had pull requests merged to Bitcoin and I believe Emercoin, as have I (but not Bitcoin).
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 06:48:14 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2016, 01:26:16 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

Will be renaming the Manage Names tab to DNS with a decentralised logo for ease of understanding what it is exactly.

Manage Names sounds like the feature from Dash Evolution where names can be assigned to addresses and sent to directly, which it is not.

Rename in progress Wink

Renamed:

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 01:04:39 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2016, 03:03:08 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

BTW IRC is active and if you want updates as they come in, IRC is the best realtime method to hear news from ME.

Get connected and keep in direct contact with the entire team:

Connect to the Freenode IRC server and then connect to the #SilkNetwork channel.

Google how to register a nickname on Freenode and get registered so you don't lose your username/nick.

See you in the channel Cheesy
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 11:26:08 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 11:39:37 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

Little Update:

In these final days prior to launch we are simply tinkering and perfecting what is in my eyes the best two coins to be simultaneously released.

Silk, essentially a combination of Bitcoin and Peercoin, taken from the codebase of Emercoin, but largely improved upon and upgraded with UniValue, Decentralised DNS functionality, a MultiSig interface and also having the majority of its codebase amended and repaired.

In the private repo in the last two weeks over 500 commits have been merged successfully to the master branch of Silk and DarkSilk. All of this hard work is aimed towards the smoothest and fairest release possible, whilst providing you, the end-user a fully functioning product from day one.

DarkSilk has also had UniValue implemented for not just the core RPC calls but all the Stormnode, InstantX and Sandstorm RPC calls as well. With a Stormnode interface, Sandstorm mixing interface, MultiSig interface and much much more, we are really excited to release and hear the feedback from you, the community.

Upon launch users will find the wallets fully functional with none of its existing functions upon the roadmap for repair (this does not include any yet unknown or unforeseen bugs).

https://twitter.com/spencerlievens/status/767868765824507904
ttoroie

Activity: 404

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:19:55 AM

Thanks man
There will be bugs, always are but hopefully you guys can fix them
Great Team Effort
Soo close

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
gerb

Activity: 468

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:00:09 AM

https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/767902690689056768
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:00:49 AM

Poloniex announcement.  Shitty about the multiple failed launches.

On 9/5/2016, the following markets will be delisted: ABY, ADN, BITUSD, CNMT, DAO, DSH, FIBRE, FLT, GAP, GRS, HYP, IFC, LQD, MCN, MINT, MMC, MNTA, PIGGY, PTS, SILK, SWARM, WDC, XC, XCR, XPB, XUSD, YACC.
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:05:55 AM

Poloniex announcement.  Shitty about the multiple failed launches.

On 9/5/2016, the following markets will be delisted: ABY, ADN, BITUSD, CNMT, DAO, DSH, FIBRE, FLT, GAP, GRS, HYP, IFC, LQD, MCN, MINT, MMC, MNTA, PIGGY, PTS, SILK, SWARM, WDC, XC, XCR, XPB, XUSD, YACC.

Seeing as though SILK will be worthless in the next couple weeks.  Why not start from scratch?  No exchanges to start except your weaver that probably pissed polo off enough to delist you, miners, and the fantastic tech you've been talking about for the last 2 years while trying to keep you block explorer up?  Ill throw some hash at a clean start.  Maybe yobit? or CCEX?  Bittrex aint gonna happen, and once out of polo aint never getting back in.

Sell your SILK folks.  Its over.  Try not to lose your $$$  Then lets start from ground zero.  Just like Dogecoin did.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: