Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:25:11 AM

is just speculation, but must be more than 200k 3-4 million seems closer to the truth, and what counts as active? it is enough that you know you have coins on a computer somewhere to be counted as active?

Everyone has their own definition of what they consider to be active. For me active means that people are at least using Bitcoin to send/receive transactions twice a month. No one can say for sure how many users there are. I will remain a mystery for ever.
but how can a person know about the actual number of bitcoin. i think there is not such way from where we can find the number of user of bitcoin. it number are increasing day by day. and people are taking so much in it.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:33:24 AM

is just speculation, but must be more than 200k 3-4 million seems closer to the truth, and what counts as active? it is enough that you know you have coins on a computer somewhere to be counted as active?

Everyone has their own definition of what they consider to be active. For me active means that people are at least using Bitcoin to send/receive transactions twice a month. No one can say for sure how many users there are. I will remain a mystery for ever.

We cant tell how many actual numbers of bitcoins users are, but just imagine in a world where there is only bitcoin currency and no other currency like Fiat or alt coins. So it means that only then we can say safely that the whole world uses bitcoins Wink
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:15:13 PM

i think aproximately it ranging from up to 1.5M u its only up to 2M
im not exactly sure about it,its only a guess Wink

I think it is between 200,000 to 500,000 users. We have about 800,000 users account here, but I think we just have about 100,000 unique users.
That is how many users actually registered here, but in actual there are tons of people who actually are not a member of forum. So, its really impossible to guess the amount of users using bitcoins.
Anon_7716

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:18:36 PM

i think aproximately it ranging from up to 1.5M u its only up to 2M
im not exactly sure about it,its only a guess Wink

I think it is between 200,000 to 500,000 users. We have about 800,000 users account here, but I think we just have about 100,000 unique users.
That is how many users actually registered here, but in actual there are tons of people who actually are not a member of forum. So, its really impossible to guess the amount of users using bitcoins.

Right, because not everyone doing the interaction in this forum. So there are many out there who are using bitcoin just want to benefit only, so they do not seek out other things in order to be closer to and more about bitcoin bitcoin
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:22:21 PM

In my view almost 10% of the population has known something about the existence of bitcoin and other digital currencies. Among this 10% only about 2-3% might used bitcoin at least once.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:25:22 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
it possible to determine the number of people who using bitcoin, i think it is easy to determine on small scale, like number of bitcoiner on one country, as for me there are 159.804 members already registered on our local exchanger which is all of members need to provide their identity to open an account, it means there is no way to duplicate or something else, but this method only working on exchanger that need kyc for verification purpose
There are allot of bitcoin users the value cant be know the only thing you can know is how many coins there are in the world you know
I think there are more than 100 million bitcoin users but i cant knwo for sure offcourse.
coin_gambler

Activity: 462

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:38:00 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
I think its hard to know how.many people are using bitcoin cause many bitcoin user are using bitcoin anonymously.  Even my sister is using bitcoin.before and i didnt know it
well to be honest it is impossible to tell how many people are using bitcoins because one person might have a lot of bitcoin addresses and a lot of bitcoin wallets in my opinion

i think that around 5 per cent of the peopel of the world use bitcoins from time to time or hold at least a really small amount of bitcoins, though i might be very wrong about it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:39:11 PM

it possible to determine the number of people who using bitcoin, i think it is easy to determine on small scale, like number of bitcoiner on one country, as for me there are 159.804 members already registered on our local exchanger which is all of members need to provide their identity to open an account, it means there is no way to duplicate or something else, but this method only working on exchanger that need kyc for verification purpose
There are allot of bitcoin users the value cant be know the only thing you can know is how many coins there are in the world you know
I think there are more than 100 million bitcoin users but i cant knwo for sure offcourse.

100 million??? lol, there isn't even 10 million. I estimate there's at most 2 million people that actively uses Bitcoin tops.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:41:09 PM

i don't think there's any way of telling. maybe verified accounts on exchanges and places like circle might give you a snapshot but i guess they're not gonna share their figures. i think it's lower than the average estimation.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:41:27 PM

I think its hard to know how.many people are using bitcoin cause many bitcoin user are using bitcoin anonymously.  Even my sister is using bitcoin.before and i didnt know it
well to be honest it is impossible to tell how many people are using bitcoins because one person might have a lot of bitcoin addresses and a lot of bitcoin wallets in my opinion

i think that around 5 per cent of the peopel of the world use bitcoins from time to time or hold at least a really small amount of bitcoins, though i might be very wrong about it
5% seems like a pretty high number to be honest. thats around 370 million people. also less people use bitcoin in third world countries than first world. my estimate is that there are probably around 1-2 million active bitcoin users.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

i don't think there's any way of telling. maybe verified accounts on exchanges and places like circle might give you a snapshot but i guess they're not gonna share their figures. i think it's lower than the average estimation.
thats interesting, i checked out the coinbase website and it says they've served over 4m members, that seems a little high for one exchange.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:48:21 PM

The actual number of bitcoin users cant be known becasue the limit of the bitcoins is not reached yet you know if we reach the bitcoin limit
we will know how many users there are this is not strange why cant you think about this by your self.

JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:50:02 PM

Yeah the figure cannot be to high as still majority of people are not aware about bitcoin, so its difficult to expect high number of users at this stage, but will go higher in near future.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:00:20 PM

I don't think that is possible to find real answer to this question.
In my country I believe that very small number of people using Bitcoin based on activity in this and other forums.
Also, we have only a few merchants which accept bitcoin.
In fact, right now, our concern shouldn't be number of Bitcoin users but how many merchants accept Bitcoin.
If people can use Bitcoin in many different places they will become interesting in Bitcoin and start using it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:14:43 PM

I think there are no way to determine the actual number of people using bitcoin. Because there are a lot of people in this world using a bitcoin. And no one trace tha users of btc. And that's why we have no possible to count the users of btc.
But that's not important to know the exact number of using bitcoin. The important is to earn the money. 😍😘😍 and God bless you all. My brother and sister
Cuidler

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:00:02 PM

thats interesting, i checked out the coinbase website and it says they've served over 4m members, that seems a little high for one exchange.

If the coinbase shown number of unique users is real, this is a lot of people actually buying Bitcoin. I guess probably most just done only one buy with small amount though, as there is not so high demand to buy Bitcoin at exchanges.

There are probably a lot of people hitting faucets as well for free Bitcoin and probably never bought any Bitcoin at all (otherwise they would not waste to make cents per hour of work). Also interesting places like bitcointalk and r/bitcoin dont have much more users, if really 5 to 10 million of people got any real experience with Bitcoin.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:22:09 PM

I guess it's still the go to place for noobs. how do we know what they class as a member? maybe every single merchant transaction they process counts as a member. the truest figure from them would be verified accounts. you can't repeat those.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:42:30 PM

nobody knows how many people know the bitcoin.
for me. maybe more than 3 million people using bitcoin. based on my knowledge. 😂

We cannot determine the actual number of users using the bitcoins. If we count the total number of wallets to be the total number of users it will be wrong also because a single person is using multiple wallets together.
Yes, due to the fact that a single person uses a lot of bitcoin addresses for various reason we can not determine how many people approximately are using bitcoins. Though I am sure they are in hugggge numbers and continuously increasing, no ?
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:30:18 PM

It's hard to predict and measure it if how many bitcoin enthusiast do we have now here in Bitcoin world.
all i know is I think almost 1 millions,   its only a guess for me but not sure of it. Cheesy
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:35:42 PM

It's hard to predict and measure it if how many bitcoin enthusiast do we have now here in Bitcoin world.
all i know is I think almost 1 millions,   its only a guess for me but not sure of it. Cheesy
Yes i agree with you and i think we just know amount of volume coins who used by users on this website website https://coinmarketcap.com but there are not guarantee it is true.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: