Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:47:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:38:11 PM

You're right, if we can convince more people to use Bitcoin everyday like currency then the speculators will get what they want - a continuously rising price that's stable. If Bitcoin had any kind of large daily user economy that was constantly growing it would be almost impossible for the exchange rate to not continuously rise and these $2-3-4 hundred dollar "corrections" to the exchange rate would disappear. It would be devastating to the world economy if the value of the dollar could lose or gain 40-70% overnight. No business in the world would be willing to sell anything for dollars.
I am not too certain that bitcoin was meant to be a everyday currency like dollar i would like to see bitcoin more like an asset ,if people starts accepting bitcoin in stores at the end of the day people will be looking for fiat and that in turn means a massive sell off  Grin ,joke aside you could not really define the amount of people using the coins but you can determine the amount of transactions made  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:51:12 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 11:59:18 PM by markyminer

It's still less then 1mln I think
The mere number of wallets created on blockchain.info alone is reaching 10 millions. Sure one user may be the owner of multiple account.
But bitcoin is not used by 1 million of people. It is safe to assume that number of bitcoin's users exceed 10 millions ATM.
but some time one person use more than 10 wallet therefor it is not the accurate way of measuring the number of bitcoin uses. actually bitcoin is anonymous and no one can know about any other person that from where he is, therefore it is difficult to know the actual number of bitcoin users.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:58:25 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 12:18:11 AM by hurain

I think it's impossible to say, but the number will grove as the price of BTC rise. To know the
approximately number of people would interest large companies like Amazon, Ebay etc. when implement BTC as payment method, to see it is worthed or not. For the rest of people (miners, traders etc.) is irrelevant  Cool
of course, more and more users will bring in a variety of large investors. bitcoin we believe that the future will be powered by a variety of important components that exist in the world economy today.
Still we cannot determine the exact number of actual users of bitcoin, but we can always feel that the economy of bitcoin is having a success now. you can tell it upon seeing how the price move.
Yeah you can see the progress bitcoin very rapidly right? of course it does not matter how many users continued to arrive and make demand bitcoin in the market continues to grow

but still no one can estimate the actual number of bitcoin users. because bitcoin is anonymous and no one have the permission to access the the administration therefor its look like impossible to know about the actual number of bitcoin users.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:06:18 AM

I think it's impossible to say, but the number will grove as the price of BTC rise. To know the
approximately number of people would interest large companies like Amazon, Ebay etc. when implement BTC as payment method, to see it is worthed or not. For the rest of people (miners, traders etc.) is irrelevant  Cool
of course, more and more users will bring in a variety of large investors. bitcoin we believe that the future will be powered by a variety of important components that exist in the world economy today.
Still we cannot determine the exact number of actual users of bitcoin, but we can always feel that the economy of bitcoin is having a success now. you can tell it upon seeing how the price move.
Yeah you can see the progress bitcoin very rapidly right? of course it does not matter how many users continued to arrive and make demand bitcoin in the market continues to grow

but still no one can estimate the actual number of bitcoin users.
Looking at the number of existing wallet addresses has never been something that brings you close to knowing how many people are using Bitcoin.

I think for that we can better use the number of transactions over a long period of time to know that the user base has been growing.

But still, it won't result in a number that we can use as a reference to know how many people are making use of Bitcoin. It's something that we most likely will never figure out.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:06:32 AM

You're right, if we can convince more people to use Bitcoin everyday like currency then the speculators will get what they want - a continuously rising price that's stable. If Bitcoin had any kind of large daily user economy that was constantly growing it would be almost impossible for the exchange rate to not continuously rise and these $2-3-4 hundred dollar "corrections" to the exchange rate would disappear. It would be devastating to the world economy if the value of the dollar could lose or gain 40-70% overnight. No business in the world would be willing to sell anything for dollars.
I am not too certain that bitcoin was meant to be a everyday currency like dollar i would like to see bitcoin more like an asset ,if people starts accepting bitcoin in stores at the end of the day people will be looking for fiat and that in turn means a massive sell off  Grin ,joke aside you could not really define the amount of people using the coins but you can determine the amount of transactions made  Wink

That is a consequence of free market. Each one can do what he wants with his money. There is the possibility to hold BTCs, to convert to fiat anytime... I want to see BTC like a currency, being used to buy things on the internet, and it will be very useful when online shops start accepting this. If Bitcoin is used only as an asset I think it's not so interesting, the Bitcoin purpose is another. I estimate the currently number of Bitcoin users in 2-3 millions, considering an average of 3 addresses or something like this per user.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:46:27 AM

approximately number of people would interest large companies like Amazon, Ebay etc. when implement BTC as payment method, to see it is worthed or not. For the rest of people (miners, traders etc.) is irrelevant  Cool

but still no one can estimate the actual number of bitcoin users.
According to me, it is not possible to find out how many people used Bitcoin in a certain period. We can not find out in bitcoin transaction, and also we can not find through how many people are active in bitcoin user forum. I think those who are using Bitcoin they all active in this bitcoin forum if you track how many accounts are created in 2016 you may get one approximate number.
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:43:25 AM

No actual number defines on how many are bitcoin users,seems like everyone is anonymous and even a very private individual who are enjoying the good benifits bitcoin gives.For these days it depends on how the market works and how many are really interested and willing to know.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:23:04 AM

No actual number defines on how many are bitcoin users,seems like everyone is anonymous and even a very private individual who are enjoying the good benifits bitcoin gives.For these days it depends on how the market works and how many are really interested and willing to know.
actually is already clear, bitcoin anonymous and it makes all the users are not visible and moreover bitcoin decentralization of course no one can calculate the total users of bitcoin itself
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:38:59 AM

I am not too certain that bitcoin was meant to be a everyday currency like dollar i would like to see bitcoin more like an asset ,if people starts accepting bitcoin in stores at the end of the day people will be looking for fiat and that in turn means a massive sell off  Grin ,joke aside you could not really define the amount of people using the coins but you can determine the amount of transactions made  Wink

That is a consequence of free market. Each one can do what he wants with his money. There is the possibility to hold BTCs, to convert to fiat anytime... I want to see BTC like a currency, being used to buy things on the internet, and it will be very useful when online shops start accepting this. If Bitcoin is used only as an asset I think it's not so interesting, the Bitcoin purpose is another. I estimate the currently number of Bitcoin users in 2-3 millions, considering an average of 3 addresses or something like this per user.
I am sure 3 addresses per user is just ridiculous to estimate and with the amount of bitcoin exchanges and gambling sites around most of the traders and high rollers have atleast a couple of hundred addresses and atleast a dozen wallet address for offline storage and that being the case in reality you can never estimate the real number of users and bitcoin as a currency for online transactions is the safest way to do business than with a credit card.
iwandhdumas2003

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:11:57 AM

Impossible to estimate the number of user using bitcoins because there are a lot of transactions going on and we cannot count how many transactions a person make on average like I do 10 transactions a day while a friend of mine gamble whole day and hence make 1000 tx per day.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 02:17:58 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 05:01:29 PM by deisik

You're right, if we can convince more people to use Bitcoin everyday like currency then the speculators will get what they want - a continuously rising price that's stable. If Bitcoin had any kind of large daily user economy that was constantly growing it would be almost impossible for the exchange rate to not continuously rise and these $2-3-4 hundred dollar "corrections" to the exchange rate would disappear. It would be devastating to the world economy if the value of the dollar could lose or gain 40-70% overnight. No business in the world would be willing to sell anything for dollars

This is an impossible thing

Unless Bitcoin gets widely adopted first (but that seems to be even less possible). The price may rise but it can't possibly rise in a steady stable manner. And what's even more nasty in this lie of the land is that volatility will increase faster than the price growth. I was telling that many times, but the recent magnificent rally and no less magnificent crash that followed (and we are likely not done yet, i.e. expect more to come) seem to be proving my point. People are mainly using Bitcoin for hoarding so we are basically stuck between the nether and upper millstone in the case price is set to rise

Doesn't volatility decrease over time with bitcoin?

How long ago did you look at the Bitcoin price charts yourself?

If you somehow missed the last events, the Bitcoin price at first rose over 40% and then crashed down 30% (basically the same amount in absolute terms), all in less than three weeks. That was probably the biggest rally and the hardest fall since Bitcoin inception (at least, in absolute values) taking into account the time span within which everything happened. What is it if not insane volatility?

MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:29:18 PM

yes no one one the actual number of bitcoin users, actually bitcoin is anonymous and even no one can know the area from where one belong to.therefore i do  not think that it is possible to find out the actual number of bitcoin users.
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:38:02 PM

You're right, if we can convince more people to use Bitcoin everyday like currency then the speculators will get what they want - a continuously rising price that's stable. If Bitcoin had any kind of large daily user economy that was constantly growing it would be almost impossible for the exchange rate to not continuously rise and these $2-3-4 hundred dollar "corrections" to the exchange rate would disappear. It would be devastating to the world economy if the value of the dollar could lose or gain 40-70% overnight. No business in the world would be willing to sell anything for dollars

Unless Bitcoin gets widely adopted first (but that seems to be even less possible). The price may rise but it can't possibly rise in a steady stable manner. And what's even more nasty in this lie of the land is that volatility will increase faster than the price growth. I was telling that many times, but the recent magnificent rally and no less magnificent crash that followed (and we are likely not done yet, i.e. expect more to come) seem to be proving my point. People are mainly using Bitcoin for hoarding so we are basically stuck between the nether and upper millstone in the case price is set to rise

If you somehow missed the last events, the Bitcoin price at first rose over 40% and then crashed down 30% (basically the same amount in absolute terms), all in less than three weeks. That was probably the biggest rally and the hardest fall since Bitcoin inception (at least, in absolute values) taking into account the time span within which everything happened. What is it if not insane volatility?

Of course I've been watching, but I also didn't say that bitcoin isn't volatile now. I said that over time as the reward from mining decreases, so should volatility, no?
3txx

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:33:16 PM

Probably way less than we think. Everytime the mainstream media mentions the coin adoption slowly rises.
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:06:52 AM

actually is already clear, bitcoin anonymous and it makes all the users are not visible and moreover bitcoin decentralization of course no one can calculate the total users of bitcoin itself
yes that is right to say and that is the reason that the actual number of bitcoin users cannot be find so easily, because bitcoin s anonymous and any information about its users is unknown.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:06:29 AM

Probably way less than we think. Everytime the mainstream media mentions the coin adoption slowly rises.

We are probably not as much as we should have been by now maybe because the media as you said have played a part for proving the coin somehow not good for the world as they have always been mentioning that the coin is used for illegal activities etcetra, but still the community is large enough that no one can count the exact quantity.
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1144

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:45:57 AM

yes that is right to say and that is the reason that the actual number of bitcoin users cannot be find so easily, because bitcoin s anonymous and any information about its users is unknown.
It's a guessing game, if you guess it right you make the right decision. You know, people think that bitcoin is the future which I agree on that also but we need to make sure our prediction is properly supported by valid information.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:13:49 AM

It's a guessing game, if you guess it right you make the right decision. You know, people think that bitcoin is the future which I agree on that also but we need to make sure our prediction is properly supported by valid information.
Bitcoin is not totally 100% anonymous. If you are patient enough, I think you can analyze https://www.walletexplorer.com/ and calculate the number of wallets is being generated. After that, I think you will have the final number about the number of people using Bitcoin which is around the number of wallets you have checked
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:24:40 AM

Bitcoin is not totally 100% anonymous. If you are patient enough, I think you can analyze https://www.walletexplorer.com/ and calculate the number of wallets is being generated. After that, I think you will have the final number about the number of people using Bitcoin which is around the number of wallets you have checked
Good information but I think no one has time to check those wallets. it's plenty of wallets are there it may take a long time to find out. But still, i am not sure we will get all bitcoin users information from this. the bitcoin forum also one of the source to find out how many people are using Bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 10:22:58 AM

Of course I've been watching, but I also didn't say that bitcoin isn't volatile now. I said that over time as the reward from mining decreases, so should volatility, no?

How is the mining reward related to Bitcoin volatility?

If you mean to say that the diminished mining reward will cause less supply of new bitcoins to the market and that would somehow help stabilize Bitcoin prices, then I can't possibly agree with this, up to a point of claiming the exact opposite. Namely, that the decreased supply will cause even higher volatility because prices will soar and the markets will become thinner. And that would make the perfect case for Bitcoin volatility outperforming Bitcoin price

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: