Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:33:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:23:43 AM

i think there is no way to find out how many people are using bitcoin unless you are willing to take a global survey and ask each and every person in the world if they use or know bitcoin
I think no one are willing to do that and it is impossible to communicate all the people in the world and ask them if they are using bitcoin in their life, your life will be complicated if you mind the actual users of bitcoin. We need to do is to enjoy the bitcoin we have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JITENDERPAR3

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:21:30 AM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
in my opwnion there is no way to find whether how many people are using bitcoin but here i have idea to find average of the peoples that are using bitcoins . we can find out how many accounts of bitcointalk.org are active which will be equal to the number of persons using bitcoins ( while one person cam create multuple account but still we make the average of it )
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 04:09:18 AM

In the world surely countless users are using bitcoin, like those who make investments, and also the people who enjoy using it because of the easy way that transactions can be done.
Yes because some country not known bitcoin already and some country are not using bitcoin as well some country where many people are of course let's say that 10% of them are using bitcoin as digital currency and in some country bitcoin are super legal where other market are accepting bitcoin tho.
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 04:20:14 AM

Try to look at fb bitcoin pages to have atleast an idea or in the members list who are active here in bitcointalk. 

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 04:27:39 AM

Try to look at fb bitcoin pages to have atleast an idea or in the members list who are active here in bitcointalk. 

You cant count there, because almost all of the user in bitcointalk we didnt active in facebook, they are busy earning bitcoin here. I think Blockchain knows how many bitcoin user now, but not exact because many of people uses 2-3 or more wallets. So I think theres no exact number of people using bitcoin.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:10:33 AM

what is the use of knowing the actual number of people using bitcoin,you could not possibly know that figure,but one thing you can figure is the amount of coins in circulation ,it is well over 15 million .so taking a census is not possible here
useless4

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:28:21 PM

i think there is no way to find out how many people are using bitcoin unless you are willing to take a global survey and ask each and every person in the world if they use or know bitcoin
thats true, and there will never be a way to find out whether bitcoin is used by a lot of people or it is not popular that much, either way i hope it will make me money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:54:38 AM

I think Bitcoin wallets are not considered a good estimate, since there are many individuals who keep two or more wallets, so this cannot give a really precise information about it.
yeah I think so too? certainly very possible if users have two or more accounts wallet? so we can not be sure that the number of users can be calculated by total users at each site in your wallet? but I think it is a good method to calculate. at least we can estimate it
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:32:23 AM

I think Bitcoin wallets are not considered a good estimate, since there are many individuals who keep two or more wallets, so this cannot give a really precise information about it.
yeah I think so too? certainly very possible if users have two or more accounts wallet? so we can not be sure that the number of users can be calculated by total users at each site in your wallet? but I think it is a good method to calculate. at least we can estimate it

Two or more addresses? I personally in my years using Bitcoin I have probably used like 500-1000 addresses. Some of them are only used to receive one or two transactions, while others have much more usage on them. I am definitely not the only one with this kind of usage. A lot people create new addresses for one or two transactions, and then they ditch them due to privacy reasons.
airezx20

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:34:37 AM

what is the use of knowing the actual number of people using bitcoin,you could not possibly know that figure,but one thing you can figure is the amount of coins in circulation ,it is well over 15 million .so taking a census is not possible here
There is no use of this to know how much persons are using bitcoin around the world yes but its just the curiosity of the user thats why he asked this.
Yes there is no way that any one can tell that how much people are using bitcoin because no one controls it,so not a single person in this world can tell you the exact number of bitcoin users.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:35:49 AM

There is no use of this to know how much persons are using bitcoin around the world yes but its just the curiosity of the user thats why he asked this.
Yes there is no way that any one can tell that how much people are using bitcoin because no one controls it,so not a single person in this world can tell you the exact number of bitcoin users.
it does not have to be exact to be useful. and this would be a useful information. you could for example see how bitcoin is growing and how fast people adopt, maybe even why (big step stones like new laws or big services etc). this would let you make predictions on the potential and also show you what kind of development would be a next good steep. there are many other good reasons.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:43:13 AM

thats true, and there will never be a way to find out whether bitcoin is used by a lot of people or it is not popular that much, either way i hope it will make me money

Yes I agree with you guys.  There is no way we could find out how many were using bitcoins.  Some of my friends do have two to three bitcoin wallet so I think it is hard to know how many.  Maybe we could just assume for the number but not the actual count of users.  And what is the point of knowing how many would using it.  I am much more interested on how much I could earn with them if I do not just seat. Grin
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:25:33 AM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
Not sure what the actual number of people using Bitcoin is because it has to be a big number. Bitcoin is already pretty popular so it has to have a large number of users.
Does somebody now the exact number?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:34:45 AM

Not all users are active there so its not reliable and i think there is no way to find out how many people are using bitcoin. it would be better if there is a site exlusive for users to monitor the status of people using btc.

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:37:52 AM

Not all users are active there so its not reliable and i think there is no way to find out how many people are using bitcoin. it would be better if there is a site exlusive for users to monitor the status of people using btc.

You are so right, that not all the things we do to observe users bitcoin effectively. So we also need a way to check for a more exclusive manner and better in order to have accurate data. But I think that it does not have a good effect, because if a lot of users but could not corroborate bitcoin it just a number
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:47:22 AM

You are so right, that not all the things we do to observe users bitcoin effectively. So we also need a way to check for a more exclusive manner and better in order to have accurate data. But I think that it does not have a good effect, because if a lot of users but could not corroborate bitcoin it just a number

I agree the most important thing is the price of it. But i dont know what is the exact number of users of the bitcoin but now it is not really much because bitcoin is not really famous in the other country because they blocked it by the government. But soon it will be famous Cheesy
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:47:33 PM

thats true, i never even think about it because it is actually impossible to calculate hoe much people are using bitcoins right now
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 07:59:39 AM

I think there'll be no way to find the accurate number of people who are using Bitcoin. We can't conduct a census just to know the answer to this question and even if we did conduct a census, it will still not be accurate. There are people who lives in an unregistered house, some people live in a sketchy place, some people live away from the city and some people are away from civilization. And those people might be using Bitcoin as well.
you are definitely right about it, i doubt that we will be actually able to count how much people are using bitcoins because every person has different amount of bitcoins
yes it is a fact that it is difficult to count the actual number of bitcoin user, the reason is that one side as bitcoin is ananimous and we have no access to the system from where we can count the actual number of bitcoin users.
yeah bitcoin is decentralized so it would make no control over users and it makes us do not know how many actual users bitcoin? besides that bitcoin is also anonymous so it would be quite difficult to count? but maybe we can predict with a user count in any exchange or forum
coin_gambler

Activity: 462

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 01:07:40 PM

I think there'll be no way to find the accurate number of people who are using Bitcoin. We can't conduct a census just to know the answer to this question and even if we did conduct a census, it will still not be accurate. There are people who lives in an unregistered house, some people live in a sketchy place, some people live away from the city and some people are away from civilization. And those people might be using Bitcoin as well.
you are definitely right about it, i doubt that we will be actually able to count how much people are using bitcoins because every person has different amount of bitcoins
yes it is a fact that it is difficult to count the actual number of bitcoin user, the reason is that one side as bitcoin is ananimous and we have no access to the system from where we can count the actual number of bitcoin users.
yeah bitcoin is decentralized so it would make no control over users and it makes us do not know how many actual users bitcoin? besides that bitcoin is also anonymous so it would be quite difficult to count? but maybe we can predict with a user count in any exchange or forum

you are right, thats why i like bitcoins that much and i think that because of that there will be way more users in bitcoin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 05:12:54 PM

The number of those using bitcoin can not be easily determined, but it's a fact that a low percentage of the population is using it. The use is growing widely though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: