Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:07:11 PM

I want to modify this question.  Anyone answer this?

How many people are actually using Bitcoin? ( Those who aren't merely using it as investment) ( those who are using it to make payments, purchase goods ,etc.)

I don't think anybody can say about it. Everyone can use more than 1 wallet for transactions and lot of people do this, using a specific wallet for a specific use. Not long ago a guy promoting the scam Onecoin was bragging Bitcoin has only 300k users. I was near to fail from my chair, i found it very funny

He is in fact more or less correct in his estimation

The basis for this figure is the number of transactions processed by the Bitcoin network daily. It oscillates between 200k and 300k transactions, and it is assumed the number of active Bitcoin users is somewhere between 300k and 500k. What is considered as an active Bitcoin user everyone decides for themselves, but this of course doesn't make the coin that the dude has been promoting less scammy (if it really is, in the first place)

I don't think that estimation is necessarily bad either. 300,000 to 500,000 people all coming together to use this alternative currency with the help or guidance of no government or single corporation. It's pretty amazing to me when you really think about it.

Still no body don't know how many people are exactly using bitcoin, because many people from different countries have involved.  Calculation will not give an exact idea, there are many people who are using many bitcoin right now and exchanging their bitcoin daily in exchanges.

It really does not matter how many exact number of people using bitcoins. The main thing is that if more percentage of people in the world start using this currency, it will increase its demand further making it much more worth.
Assuming 300,000 to 500,000  using bitcoins is a good number but our focus should be  80% of the users using it.
in fact no one know the actual number of bitcoin users, because there is no such methodology through which we can find the number of bitcoin users, but we can evaluate from our surrounding that then number of bitcoin users is increasing continuously because in my areas now a lot of people are using bitcoin as investment, and still people are getting enter in the world of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:13:11 PM

How many people are actually using Bitcoin? ( Those who aren't merely using it as investment) ( those who are using it to make payments, purchase goods ,etc.)

I don't think anybody can say about it. Everyone can use more than 1 wallet for transactions and lot of people do this, using a specific wallet for a specific use. Not long ago a guy promoting the scam Onecoin was bragging Bitcoin has only 300k users. I was near to fail from my chair, i found it very funny

The basis for this figure is the number of transactions processed by the Bitcoin network daily. It oscillates between 200k and 300k transactions, and it is assumed the number of active Bitcoin users is somewhere between 300k and 500k. What is considered as an active Bitcoin user everyone decides for themselves, but this of course doesn't make the coin that the dude has been promoting less scammy (if it really is, in the first place)

I don't think that estimation is necessarily bad either. 300,000 to 500,000 people all coming together to use this alternative currency with the help or guidance of no government or single corporation. It's pretty amazing to me when you really think about it.

Still no body don't know how many people are exactly using bitcoin, because many people from different countries have involved.  Calculation will not give an exact idea, there are many people who are using many bitcoin right now and exchanging their bitcoin daily in exchanges.

It really does not matter how many exact number of people using bitcoins. The main thing is that if more percentage of people in the world start using this currency, it will increase its demand further making it much more worth.
Assuming 300,000 to 500,000  using bitcoins is a good number but our focus should be  80% of the users using it.
in fact no one know the actual number of bitcoin users, because there is no such methodology through which we can find the number of bitcoin users, but we can evaluate from our surrounding that then number of bitcoin users is increasing continuously because in my areas now a lot of people are using bitcoin as investment, and still people are getting enter in the world of bitcoin.
I agree on what you have said since theres no accurate numbers or tallies which show the total numbers of bitcoins users globally thats why its hard to say such numbers but i could really say that it do increase year by year since adoption is on progress.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:29:40 PM

I agree on what you have said since theres no accurate numbers or tallies which show the total numbers of bitcoins users globally thats why its hard to say such numbers but i could really say that it do increase year by year since adoption is on progress.
yes and every one can evaluate the progress of bitcoin in their local area. as in my area the number of bitcoin users are increasing continously because when i start using bitcoin a few number of people were using bitcoin but now the number of bitcoin users are too more
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:10:10 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders
It will be hard to trace the actual count of the bitcoin users, that's not possible. All we can see here is the record history of each transaction in the blockchain and its only a wallet addresses of the community.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 445

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:28:40 PM

How many backlog transactions we have right now? Possible that the number of people using bitcoin at least close to the number of backlogs we are having right now.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:39:09 PM

How many backlog transactions we have right now? Possible that the number of people using bitcoin at least close to the number of backlogs we are having right now.
what do you mean by backlog transactions? the transaction which have been made till today from the beginning of bitcoin?
I don't know how it help to understand the numbers of bitcoin users.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 06:47:10 PM

No theres no way to know the actual number of people who are using bitcoin..
But we can just estimate it but the actually number we will never count them .since we are all anonymous and almost all people here can make multiple bitcoin wallet due to needed to become anonymous. or they want their bitcoin to be safe.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:21:22 AM

But we can just estimate it but the actually number we will never count them .since we are all anonymous and almost all people here can make multiple bitcoin wallet due to needed to become anonymous. or they want their bitcoin to be safe.
You got a point mate. I also have the same feeling that we may never become able to know actual count of bitcoin users..
but one thing is confirm bitcoin users are increasing everyday and increasing a lot. it is being proved by widely usage of bitcoin.
freemanjackal

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:03:19 AM

You got a point mate. I also have the same feeling that we may never become able to know actual count of bitcoin users..
but one thing is confirm bitcoin users are increasing everyday and increasing a lot. it is being proved by widely usage of bitcoin.

its hard to know the amount of users, but it can be estimated, actually bitcoin is not anonymous, is pseudoanonymous(not sure if this actually the word), there are some articles explaining this, and there are some algos that graph txs and able to discover the owner of an address(most of all if this address is used frequently, not recommended). thats why mixers exist
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:20:59 AM

What's more important is bitcoin's market cap increasing by the day. We know that bitcoin is relatively small compared to PayPal and there are still less users of bitcoin compared to PayPal. But the more bitcoin spends time with us, there will be more users who will increase the number of bitcoin supporters.
Lerosaeyan6

Activity: 375
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:21:35 AM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
I feel there is no way to determine, this is difficult like this forum ..
many user use more one account

Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:03:35 AM

I say it is difficult to ensure bitcoin users. Maybe the simple ways that can be used is the number of wallets, though a person can have more than 1 wallet, but I think this is the most appropriate way to count the number of bitcoin users than count backlog transactions.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:55:04 AM

There should be 1 million people use  or blockchain technology, it will be more in the future, and the price will surge too.
i think no one can exactly know about it bitcoin technology is anonymous and there are several number of wallet on the internet right know and many people enrolled in different wallet so it is very difficult to find that how many exactly know it..... so we can only assume or imagine but we can't find exact number....
Yeah..but I guess the developer can predict their registrations per wallet site, and yes I think it is hard to know how many exact users because we do and make different accounts in different wallet site. I think its impossible for a common user to tell that.
The fact is that the anonymity around Bitcoin will certainly make rubbish of any effort to gauge number of people using Bitcoin through their wallet registration, because nothing stops one from having a million addresses if they so desire. Instead of expending energy trying to figure out the number of people using Bitcoin, such energies  if channeled to volume of trade or capitalization, would provide us with a better clue of adoption of Bitcoin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

There should be 1 million people use  or blockchain technology, it will be more in the future, and the price will surge too.
i think no one can exactly know about it bitcoin technology is anonymous and there are several number of wallet on the internet right know and many people enrolled in different wallet so it is very difficult to find that how many exactly know it..... so we can only assume or imagine but we can't find exact number....
Yeah..but I guess the developer can predict their registrations per wallet site, and yes I think it is hard to know how many exact users because we do and make different accounts in different wallet site. I think its impossible for a common user to tell that.
a common person can't tell you how many bitcoin users over in the world but I think it is possible to determine.. it can be done with proper plan and doing a large size survey on all over the web. than the right count of altcoin users can be known.

I don't know if they can get an accurate data regarding to the actual number or population of bitcoin users through giving a survey all over the web unless those internet users would notice and will participate to the survey . so far we can say that it couldn't be possible at the moment and it will take several times for proper planning .
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:39:31 PM

Those people who uses bitcoin could no be counted because they are infinite in values and became larger in number of users. Everyday the users who decided to invest and transact with digital currency spending is multiplying its population, and it became more popular to all who doesn't knew bitcoin is best for their lives. For now, I dont think that btc influence will get vanish in time because the current price right now reached at 1k usd and that would be a best options to take an opportunity.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:52:27 PM

Those people who uses bitcoin could no be counted because they are infinite in values and became larger in number of users. Everyday the users who decided to invest and transact with digital currency spending is multiplying its population, and it became more popular to all who doesn't knew bitcoin is best for their lives. For now, I dont think that btc influence will get vanish in time because the current price right now reached at 1k usd and that would be a best options to take an opportunity.

Nope we can count it but the people use the bitcoin anonymity and create the multiple wallets and accounts through online. Once it become centralized then Government might apply the condition and run a survey to find the users, wallets and etc.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:46:44 PM

I say it is difficult to ensure bitcoin users. Maybe the simple ways that can be used is the number of wallets, though a person can have more than 1 wallet, but I think this is the most appropriate way to count the number of bitcoin users than count backlog transactions.
i do not think that it is such a good idea. for example a person is using more that 10 account so how can we find out that all these wallets belong to one person, or we will consider the one as 10. i think there do not any reliable way of find the actual number of bitcoin users but i think the increasing price of bitcoin shows the interested of the people so we can only conclude that the number of bitcoin users are increasing.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 04:20:24 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
i think there are no possible way
every day a lot people join and there also people who quit
but if you ask me if bitcoin user grow? i think it is
i only look in blockchain Number Of Unique Addresses Used and Confirmed Transactions Per Day
for me the important is those people who using it daily

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:52:50 PM

i only look in blockchain Number Of Unique Addresses Used and Confirmed Transactions Per Day

I'm pretty sure the number of total users is indeed growing and will continue to do so for the years to come.

We haven't seen much adoption in the grand scheme of things yet and that may be just around the corner.

Bitcoin and its derivates will be used more, and in more interesting ways.
basesaw

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:07:26 PM

I'm pretty sure the number of total users is indeed growing and will continue to do so for the years to come.

We haven't seen much adoption in the grand scheme of things yet and that may be just around the corner.

Bitcoin and its derivates will be used more, and in more interesting ways.

yes bitcoin is now going strong. it causes the mass people to use it because bitcoin is more easy to use. people need easy transaction to save time and to be productive everyday and i think bitcoin can help us to resolve our problem for that thing. bitcoin will always be the thing when you want to pay something even if you are in work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: