Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:22:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:22:59 AM

The best way would probably be surveys, Currently you can't really determine the number of users by number of transactions or number of addresses and since nobody is easily linked to a specific address, it would be a pretty slow process.
i doubt that surveys would help, first of all a lot of people wouldnt participate, besides that they can put in wrong information
That's true, it would not give the correct information on the actual number of bitcoin users in the world, however we can use that as an estimate and that estimate is useful and be part of the information we need to decide whether we trust the future of bitcoin.
It is already been said a million times (hyperbole fos), but there really is not any way of identifying the actual number of bitcoin users as there are users who join in every second of the day and there are bitcoin users who quit for what ever their own reasons. (I do not mean here a stable number, it is obviously an exponentially exploding number )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lanhotkia

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:38:36 AM

who in this world that gonna count people using bitcoin , since we know bitcoin user increase every time  Huh
uname

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:45:10 AM

who in this world that gonna count people using bitcoin , since we know bitcoin user increase every time  Huh
I think a third party or a company that will do that? they may be sponsored or other purposes. but I'm very confident that there will be no one who can accurately calculate the exact number of users bitcoin

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:59:15 AM

Don't know exactly and for sure, but actual number of  people that use and have bitcoins will never be known. People have multiple accounts, multiple wallet's, how will someone count actual users when many people just registered and quit.
Bitcoin need to become more mainstream, and then we will know that bitcoin is used by many people. until then I think there is around million users, or maybe even less.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coin_gambler

Activity: 462

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 12:54:38 PM

it is an impossible thing to do for sure, in my opinion more and more people will get involved over time and the community will get even bigger

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:35:53 AM

Beside the increment of the users, they are never in one place which could be a way to count them but they are always in different platforms using bitcoin so that is the reason why it is not possible to count them at all.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:05:05 AM

A huge research would be necessary, could still exist high margin of error in the results.

research will lead to more guesses as exchanges and other popular services won't release any details about how many unique users they have. surveys online and in the streets won't do anything either as people can simply make up everything. especially when they get a small reward for completing the survey.

That's not the main problem, i think there's no major benefits of finding out actual number of bitcoin in this world Roll Eyes
Maybe would be better if there's research about what people know about bitcoin and why they don't want to use bitcoin.

This is what you told is correct, finding the actual users of bitcoin is high impossible as their are so many single users who are holding more then 10 wallets and unlimited numbers of address and even on each wallet address sent transaction the wallet creates a new wallet for new transaction. So it is no possible

so it better that we can do research that how many peoples in the world are knowing about bitcoin and how many are using it.
I agree with this, but would you not consider each wallet a different user?  If you look at general bank accounts.  I have a business and a personal account.  The bank considers me two different people because I have these separate accounts.  If you do not do this, how do you handle couples who both share one account?  If do wish there was a way to find out, but I would think it would be impossible.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                    

Powered by,
renem

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:16:09 AM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
For me theres no actual number of people who are using bitcoin , but for me the number country who uses the bitcoin the most in United States because it is more famous the bitcoin there and meaning it is more people are using is as a currency and some country don't accept bitcoins so its hards to know the actual number of people who uses bitcoin
yueno

Activity: 266

Yueno

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:33:44 AM

I think billions of people using bitcoin now
resilientknight

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:40:17 AM

I have no precise estimation about it, but the number of bitcoin users must be in millions, given the fact there are people in the whole world using it.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:16:25 PM

I think billions of people using bitcoin now

Yes, it must be at least 8-10 billion by now.

chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:10:08 PM

Would it be possible to know the number of Bitcoin addresses that has at least been used say 10 times if so maybe it's possible to get an educated estimate no?

Maybe it is impossible to determine the actual number of people using bitcoin because it is free, no any valid ids are needed and it is anonymous.. But if you really want to know the actual number of people using bitcoin maybe you conduct surveys but i think it will take a long long time to answer your question  Smiley

I think it is really possible.  Lets see if ever blockchain would conduct a survey then this one is really possible. Yet the margin of error would really be high in my opinion so it would be hard yet still possible
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:39:57 PM

Beside the increment of the users, they are never in one place which could be a way to count them but they are always in different platforms using bitcoin so that is the reason why it is not possible to count them at all.

will yes. counting bitcoin users is very hard. but it is not impossible. everything is possible. if creating a currency like bitcoin and making all it's features is possible the counting bitcoin users also possible.
developers and engineer can make a tracer who trace every IP or do something else but can count bitcoin users..
but the thing is it is not important.. devs won't waste their time for such nonsense things.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:00:40 PM

no one will actually be able to count it in the future because people do not know how much addresses others use so i wouldnt even bother doing it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:13:39 AM

I think we are still fewer users of bitcoin . i think in my speculation around 5% to 15% of users in bitcoin.
Bitcoin still not so popular but in the future we will see more users will come in bitcoin..

No i dont think so.  Your statistics is quite too low  i think that would only apply maybe in uk or china?. I believe that we are currently in 15-25% right now.  Well i am not saying that i am right
you know the total population of the world? more than 2 billion. if you think bitcoin users can reach 25% of course it will be more than 500 million users bitcoin in the world and you know if one-quarter of the world's population is bitcoin users. I think we will have no trouble anymore to use bitcoin as a payment method. because I'm sure with a total of more than 500 million users. there will be a lot of merchants who accept bitcoin ? but you can see now

niall51

Activity: 533

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:35:24 AM

I have no precise estimation about it, but the number of bitcoin users must be in millions, given the fact there are people in the whole world using it.
Yes sir I agree with you millions of people used bitcoin
And everyday more new people trust in bitcoin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:44:12 AM

I think we are still fewer users of bitcoin . i think in my speculation around 5% to 15% of users in bitcoin.
Bitcoin still not so popular but in the future we will see more users will come in bitcoin..

No i dont think so.  Your statistics is quite too low  i think that would only apply maybe in uk or china?. I believe that we are currently in 15-25% right now.  Well i am not saying that i am right
you know the total population of the world? more than 2 billion. if you think bitcoin users can reach 25% of course it will be more than 500 million users bitcoin in the world and you know if one-quarter of the world's population is bitcoin users. I think we will have no trouble anymore to use bitcoin as a payment method. because I'm sure with a total of more than 500 million users. there will be a lot of merchants who accept bitcoin ? but you can see now

The world population is more than 7 billion, not sure how you come up with 2 billion. If we at some point manage to reach 1% of the world population, which is +70 million, then we have done an amazing job.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 09:51:34 AM

No i dont think so.  Your statistics is quite too low  i think that would only apply maybe in uk or china?. I believe that we are currently in 15-25% right now.  Well i am not saying that i am right

How do you know that population of the world is 2 billion its just a small amount i think population in the world is more than that..
Its very difficult to know how much the exact number of people who using bitcoin but there is some estimate here 25% is a large number of population who using bitcoin so for now i think this is not the nearly numbers of people who using bitcoin in my speculation we are just in 10%-15%.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 10:05:05 AM

No i dont think so.  Your statistics is quite too low  i think that would only apply maybe in uk or china?. I believe that we are currently in 15-25% right now.  Well i am not saying that i am right

The world population is more than 7 billion, not sure how you come up with 2 billion. If we at some point manage to reach 1% of the world population, which is +70 million, then we have done an amazing job.

70 million Bitcoin users would indeed be a big step.
Right now I think we are still fighting to have 1million users on an average after 7,5 years of BTC existence.
So a lot of patience seems to be needed.Bitcoin is still to techy and geeky.
garundang

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 10:05:38 AM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.

I am afraid that there is no good way to do that, i think you can count amount of wallets... But i am not sure about that either, as probably wallet owners will not want to give this info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: