Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:55:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:10:27 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.

Yes, that's kept in the Bitcoin users, subversives and terrorists database at the FBI. I don't think you can get access to it until the freedom of information act kicks in about 20 years from now. LOL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:50:27 AM

Thats still a question.But if we depends on the number of bitcoin adresses flowing in the internet it maybe billions of people using bitcoins specialy in our new technology age

so the changing bitcoin address of some web wallets counts ? we cannot rely on the number of bitcoin addresses because there may be a person who has a multiple bitcoin wallet and like what I've said there's a web wallets that often changes it's address after every transactions just like in blockchain it could be really impossible to determine the actual number of bitcoin users.
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:04:17 AM

Thats still a question.But if we depends on the number of bitcoin adresses flowing in the internet it maybe billions of people using bitcoins specialy in our new technology age

so the changing bitcoin address of some web wallets counts ? we cannot rely on the number of bitcoin addresses because there may be a person who has a multiple bitcoin wallet and like what I've said there's a web wallets that often changes it's address after every transactions just like in blockchain it could be really impossible to determine the actual number of bitcoin users.
Yes we can not count in by that way. Bitcoin is so anonimously so no one can trace it.  If we take data from some site in internet at 2015 the number of people who using bitcoin is 10 million people. I think the number of it is grow at this time. I just guest the number of people who using bitcoin is reach 20 million people.  Thats only my opinion, becouse impossible for us to count the actual number.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

VeneVici

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:18:48 AM

Billions? If billions of people would have used Bitcoin, we would have had many more ATMs in the world, and more businesses accepting it. For example, Amazon would have accepted Bitcoin too. We're just a few millions, probably a little over 10M users. Counting the wallets.... I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of millions or maybe a few billions of wallets but just I own over 30 so it makes no sense to count how many are using this way..
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:08:20 AM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.

The only thing I know is the history of each transaction in different exchange platform, but it will be hard to determine it. Because some of the member in bitcoin world has multiple account or email that they can create.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:27:50 AM

Billions? If billions of people would have used Bitcoin, we would have had many more ATMs in the world, and more businesses accepting it. For example, Amazon would have accepted Bitcoin too. We're just a few millions, probably a little over 10M users. Counting the wallets.... I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of millions or maybe a few billions of wallets but just I own over 30 so it makes no sense to count how many are using this way..
Not billions, population of the earth is just 7.5 billions people, let assuming that you've just said is true that bitcoin user is billions let say 1 billion it means bitcoin has accepted globally and like VeneVici said there would many more ATMs in all over the world and popullar marketplace like amazon and ebay would have accepted it too, but in reality it's nothing most people out there still don't know what is bitcoin, unless they knew it but too afraid to use it since in their minds bitcoin is a tool for those who do something bad or criminal, however untill this day there is no method for counting actual number of people using bitcoin.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:29:36 AM

I think the user is bitcoin in this world is about 5% of the world population. This is because the bitcoin is very popular in china contributed about 15% of the entire world population. We all know, in China bitcoin is very popular.
i think a huge number of people are using bitcoin in huge amount because there is many countries their people are using bitcoin in huge amount and i think bitcoin is very much popular in rich countries and bitcoin users is very much lower in poor countries.
People in poor countries would rather do hard labour instead of investing into Bitcoin because they first of all don't even know about it, and second of all, they don't have access to it. In rich countries, people have more exposure and are more likely to use Bitcoin.
President79

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:31:06 AM

Never mind, actual number of bitcoin user is not important, the main points is how we can be successful and rich with presence of bitcoin. Many of us waste time and effort arguing for things that are not important.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:42:37 AM

Never mind, actual number of bitcoin user is not important, the main points is how we can be successful and rich with presence of bitcoin. Many of us waste time and effort arguing for things that are not important.
Op and most people here talking non important things but these kind of assumptions are great also on which we could able to here the different opinions of each bitcoin users. Regarding to the topic theres no accurate or precise number of bitcoin users all over the world since transactions and bitcoin addresses are anonymous and  theres no statistical survey regarding to this matter.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:09:07 AM

The only thing I know is the history of each transaction in different exchange platform, but it will be hard to determine it.

It is hard to predict the number of people using bitcoin based on the number of transaction, there are probably lots of people that haven't made any transaction yet (spent) and there are exchanges that have million of transaction which we can't determine the total number of people using bitcoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:39:13 AM

First of all, Bitcoin seems not to be used widely as a currency simply because there are not too many merchants accepting it and not because the fiat payment processors are somehow more efficient than Bitcoin.

Even if all stores were accepting Bitcoin, then it will receive its Bitcoin related revenue from Bitcoiners, and not the average person that is still using fiat. You know why? You first have to obtain Bitcoin through whatever way in order to start spending it. With fiat, you can spend it right away with zero fees. So tell me, why would a non Bitcoiner even consider taking the step to buy Bitcoin, and then spend it when he can purchase everything with fiat already? It's an unnecessary extra step that doesn't make sense.

Besides that, the monetary function of storing value is obviously standing in the way of the means of exchange function. Fiat is typically considered as a poor store of value overall, which gives it advantage over Bitcoin (if that could be called so at all, of course). The latter seems to be another reason for not using Bitcoin as a currency

Fiat is a horrible store of value, and I personally find that it shouldn't be seen as such where the value part does not make any sense as fiat currencies around the world only lose value. So yes, Bitcoin is the leader in this aspect, but I have already pointed out this feature to be more important in the coming years. People are looking to escape this slavery system. Bitcoin is perfect for that.
Meycell

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:02:05 AM

i think this is difficult , even from this forum we can not determine bitcoin users
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 12:17:55 PM

First of all, Bitcoin seems not to be used widely as a currency simply because there are not too many merchants accepting it and not because the fiat payment processors are somehow more efficient than Bitcoin.

Even if all stores were accepting Bitcoin, then it will receive its Bitcoin related revenue from Bitcoiners, and not the average person that is still using fiat. You know why? You first have to obtain Bitcoin through whatever way in order to start spending it. With fiat, you can spend it right away with zero fees. So tell me, why would a non Bitcoiner even consider taking the step to buy Bitcoin, and then spend it when he can purchase everything with fiat already? It's an unnecessary extra step that doesn't make sense

Strictly speaking, we don't know that

And we can't claim anything in this respect since merchants aren't yet accepting Bitcoin, at least, in massive numbers as of today. Having said that, I'm still inclined to think that you omit a very important detail in your considerations. You just assume that merchants all of a sudden start accepting bitcoins without taking into account why and when they would actually want to do that. And if we are going to think carefully about this issue, we would have to admit that such level of acceptance could be possible only if there is already a full-fledged closed-loop Bitcoin economy existing. In these circumstances your average Joe wouldn't ever need to do anything special to get bitcoins since he would almost certainly be paid with bitcoins directly

Fiat is a horrible store of value, and I personally find that it shouldn't be seen as such where the value part does not make any sense as fiat currencies around the world only lose value. So yes, Bitcoin is the leader in this aspect, but I have already pointed out this feature to be more important in the coming years. People are looking to escape this slavery system. Bitcoin is perfect for that.

That goes without saying

Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:18:16 PM

Op and most people here talking non important things but these kind of assumptions are great also on which we could able to here the different opinions of each bitcoin users. Regarding to the topic theres no accurate or precise number of bitcoin users all over the world since transactions and bitcoin addresses are anonymous and  theres no statistical survey regarding to this matter.

Yup, anyone can give their opinion and opinion on all things related to this thread about, because everyone also has a way of looking and thinking differently, they also have the information or get information from sources that are sometimes different. Just see and know it well, if our opinion according to the good then the better we look at and think about it. The possibility that we can benefit in it
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:19:36 PM

yes the number of bitcoin users really effect bitcoin, if the number of its users is increase bitcoin is becoming more stronger and stronger, hope that a time will come when all the people of the world will be using bitcoin, and then bitcoin will the most popular and trusted decentralized currency of the world.
gufpmvgw3334

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:26:48 PM

I think the data circulating in many online media is not accurate, because there are many users who have multiple accounts and anonymous identity bitcoin
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:08:00 PM

yes the number of bitcoin users really effect bitcoin, if the number of its users is increase bitcoin is becoming more stronger and stronger, hope that a time will come when all the people of the world will be using bitcoin, and then bitcoin will the most popular and trusted decentralized currency of the world.

That is easy to understand that if the price to bitcoin is growing now then must be the number of bitcoin users is growing as well. So that results by users of bitcoin that we saw a month ago are not the same with current number of users.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:16:58 PM

I think the data circulating in many online media is not accurate, because there are many users who have multiple accounts and anonymous identity bitcoin

Yeah obviously, if you count the forum members we could not find accurate number of Bitcoin users because there many multiple accounts users are there. Everyday or some time themos used block the account also. So i will be accurate at all.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 06:39:16 PM

Yeah obviously, if you count the forum members we could not find accurate number of Bitcoin users because there many multiple accounts users are there. Everyday or some time themos used block the account also. So i will be accurate at all.
It is hard to know the actual number of user like you said we are anonymous and many users are using alt accounts.. it is not a problem since the price is increase it  is a sign that we are more people are using bitcoin and we will see the large pulation in bitcoin in the future

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:15:15 PM

bitcoins are mainly used by  teenagers to earn like a part time job and they can earn more if they work hard .people with more age group will also earn a lot of bitcoins by investing in them .hope to get the news in the future that bitcoins is the only world wide currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: