Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:18:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250123 times)
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:22:27 AM

Very disappointing to see it changed to May, consider a July release as realistic. One project for the year , very sad!

this has to be the most absurd reasoning ever, I nominate you for a bitcointalk award.

Prime is now on the roadmap to be released in May. We think that’s achievable, but as with all developments: it’s ready when it’s ready. Quality always (always, always, always) comes first!

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:04:04 PM

Prime is now on the roadmap to be released in May. We think that’s achievable, but as with all developments: it’s ready when it’s ready. Quality always (always, always, always) comes first!

Noooo... looks like even the announced delay is not a fixed target. Straight from the horse's mouth. I'm sure that segwit has nothing to do with this...  I believe everything that Rijk Plasman says absolutely...
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:21:08 PM

I dumped out at 2700, with Prime delayed the market will go below 2000.
donnatello

Activity: 338

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

I dumped out at 2700, with Prime delayed the market will go below 2000.

Funny you should say that. Somebody removed his 3000 wall.
DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:06:08 AM

The community must be patient , Prime is a new innovative project and it must be done right. The devs proved with 1.6.0 that they can add innovative features.

Prime from what I understand is totally innovative and not only parts of it.
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:29:56 AM

The community must be patient , Prime is a new innovative project and it must be done right. The devs proved with 1.6.0 that they can add innovative features.

Prime from what I understand is totally innovative and not only parts of it.

Gulden has 3 major flaws.

1. No marketing
2. No Poloniex
3. Development is slowing.

The first 2 points can be debated but your third point is rubbish. I also follow digibyte and since June last year they announced they were doing the code base update. It's April and they only busy testing this and still having some issues. Gulden announced the 1.6.0 update in August last year and finished it in December along a whole wallet UI change, new innovative features like link and the accounts system as mentioned by other posters. Desktop wallets also can be used to pay at bitcoin merchants and Europeans can pay from the wallets direct into bank accounts.

Digibyte is only doing the code base update while Gulden did this and much more in far less time. You should all be worried about Prime because it's going to kill everything else out there and finally put Gulden on the map.
SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:11:13 AM

Why are you doing this? Forgot to buy Gulden when it was 0,002 usd?

No I mined a lot of Gulden(coin) back in 2014 when the block reward was 1000 NLG, before the gulden devs decided to lower the block reward to 100 NLG.
Now you need to find 10 times more blocks for same reward, is this because of the premine that would become worthless quicker if coin supply wouldn't be controlled this way?

Rijk made a post about it on his forum, I can't remember the exact explanation but it was to do with early investors getting too many coins and damaging the coin in the future. I was neutral for the change but Rijk made a good decision.

Link to the forum? I say no one must invest in the shares https://shares.gulden.com/ until they prove Prime is coming. They serious and release Prime they deserve to get good funding and carry on.

It's good to see the community holding back on further funding. Wait for the developers to release Prime before throwing money at them. No Prime, No more funding.
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:35:37 AM

Development is slow but steady. I see no problem in that.

I do have some doubts about the pre-mine and the lack of openness about that by the dev team. I know they have this page where you can see what they spend, but not on what and there is also over 600BTC paid for shares that is completely off the radar.

When I see now that there are two more dev's (both friends and family) it sort of looks like they are spending a lot more on the same stuff (friends creating app's). Other projects do this as well (like Groestl), only in their own time, at their own costs and without any premine. Fact is projects like Groestl produce even higher quality and way more lines of code. This team surely does it's job right, but way more expensive and at a much lower pace. In my opinion Gulden will have way better chances if they start hiring some good PR in stead of more slow coders.

And then there is the issue of the ETF approval that is almost sure to go through this Saturday. I know officially it will be announced on Monday, but the default term actually ends this Saturday. Effectively it will be approved by default if it is not explicitly declined before the end of tomorrow. I'm sure a lot of people are going to speculate on ETF approval this weekend. This could easily boost BTC price above $ 2000. If that happens, Gulden will surely drop sub 750 SAT. So I for one am seriously thinking of temporarily selling out on this one for now and buy back at pre summer 2016 prices.

Just my two cents.

Since ETF is not approved, what is your opinion now?

question:
Is it true that Gulden is centralised with a checkpoint server like the POS coins have? Peercoin has an automatic checkpointing system, I do not call that a decentralised crypto. Is the same true for Gulden? Is Malcolm running a checkpointing server (he gets to decide which chain to follow)?

Haha, well I was totally wrong about that one (and maybe for the good as well)! Fortunately I did not sell off my NLG, so I'm happy.

Don't know about your question on checkpoints. Have been wondering though how they would get Prime to work with zero confirmations. It seems only logical to me that they use master nodes for that. All I can say is that this might become a problem because it tends to lean toward centralization of the network. We'll see how that plays out.

I did not sell any of my NLG. If they will introduce masternodes then I am okay with it.
Is there any updates regarding the ios wallet? Do we all need to send Apple an email to get it listed?
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:01:52 PM

Development is slow but steady. I see no problem in that.

I do have some doubts about the pre-mine and the lack of openness about that by the dev team. I know they have this page where you can see what they spend, but not on what and there is also over 600BTC paid for shares that is completely off the radar.

When I see now that there are two more dev's (both friends and family) it sort of looks like they are spending a lot more on the same stuff (friends creating app's). Other projects do this as well (like Groestl), only in their own time, at their own costs and without any premine. Fact is projects like Groestl produce even higher quality and way more lines of code. This team surely does it's job right, but way more expensive and at a much lower pace. In my opinion Gulden will have way better chances if they start hiring some good PR in stead of more slow coders.

And then there is the issue of the ETF approval that is almost sure to go through this Saturday. I know officially it will be announced on Monday, but the default term actually ends this Saturday. Effectively it will be approved by default if it is not explicitly declined before the end of tomorrow. I'm sure a lot of people are going to speculate on ETF approval this weekend. This could easily boost BTC price above $ 2000. If that happens, Gulden will surely drop sub 750 SAT. So I for one am seriously thinking of temporarily selling out on this one for now and buy back at pre summer 2016 prices.

Just my two cents.

Since ETF is not approved, what is your opinion now?

question:
Is it true that Gulden is centralised with a checkpoint server like the POS coins have? Peercoin has an automatic checkpointing system, I do not call that a decentralised crypto. Is the same true for Gulden? Is Malcolm running a checkpointing server (he gets to decide which chain to follow)?

Haha, well I was totally wrong about that one (and maybe for the good as well)! Fortunately I did not sell off my NLG, so I'm happy.

Don't know about your question on checkpoints. Have been wondering though how they would get Prime to work with zero confirmations. It seems only logical to me that they use master nodes for that. All I can say is that this might become a problem because it tends to lean toward centralization of the network. We'll see how that plays out.

I did not sell any of my NLG. If they will introduce masternodes then I am okay with it.
Is there any updates regarding the ios wallet? Do we all need to send Apple an email to get it listed?

The dev is working with apple to get Gulden back on the app store don't send mail

GULDEN RADIO COMMERCIAL
http://guldenbites.nl/en/2017/04/06/gulden-radiocommercial
http://www.funx.nl
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:15:43 PM

When is the only dev Gulden has going to have a look at the issue tracker: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/issues
So many reported issues and he is not answering anybody?

When is the checkpointing system going to be removed on Gulden? You do know this makes Gulden look weak. It can not stand on his own feet without it. Why not switch to pos or multialgo instead but remove the automatic checkpointing system

When is Gulden going to rename bitcoin => gulden properly? Even the rpc ports in the examples are from bitcoin. Correct this please.

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:36:58 PM

When is the only dev Gulden has going to have a look at the issue tracker: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/issues
So many reported issues and he is not answering anybody?

When is the checkpointing system going to be removed on Gulden? You do know this makes Gulden look weak. It can not stand on his own feet without it. Why not switch to pos or multialgo instead but remove the automatic checkpointing system

When is Gulden going to rename bitcoin => gulden properly? Even the rpc ports in the examples are from bitcoin. Correct this please.

not gonna happen, but the gulden software/app wil be beter in the future 🙂
investeerder

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:26:41 AM

Time to place bets?

Prime release.

Developers say May.
I am saying July.

I want to open up some betting with about 5 people.

10k says it will be July and those that say May must bet 10k against me. I am prepared to bet 50k on > 1st July release.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
Gaster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:13:43 AM

Time to place bets?

Prime release.

Developers say May.
I am saying July.

10k says it will be July and those that say May must bet 10k against me. I am prepared to bet 50k on > 1st July release.

I will take that bet Smiley

I bet 10k that Prime (whatever that might be) will not be released in May but will be released before July.
investeerder

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:21:01 AM

Time to place bets?

Prime release.

Developers say May.
I am saying July.

I bet 10k that Prime (whatever that might be) will not be released in May but will be released before July.

June month no one wins the bet. 10k for < 1st June. This is what the developers are saying.

> 1st August bet is also off because then we all losers.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:25:25 PM

Time to place bets?

Prime release.

Developers say May.
I am saying July.

June month no one wins the bet. 10k for < 1st June. This is what the developers are saying.

Count me in for this bet. I will risk 50 000 that the devs will deliver before July.
Will send you a PM to prove you have the funds and not wasting my time.

investeerder

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:20:01 AM

Time to place bets?

Prime release.

Developers say May.
I am saying July.

Count me in for this bet. I will risk 50 000 that the devs will deliver before July.

Count me in for the bet, can you prove you have a address with more then 50k and do a transaction of exactly 17 nlg from that address?

The deal with litesire has been confirmed for 50 000 NLG.

I give Litesire 50 000 NLG if Prime is released in April or May as per the developers promise.
I receive 50 000 NLG if Prime is released in July.

June and > 1st August the bet does not count.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:36:29 PM

Time to place bets?

Prime release.

Developers say May.
I am saying July.

Count me in for the bet, can you prove you have a address with more then 50k and do a transaction of exactly 17 nlg from that address?

The deal with litesire has been confirmed for 50 000 NLG.

I give Litesire 50 000 NLG if Prime is released in April or May as per the developers promise.
I receive 50 000 NLG if Prime is released in July.

June and > 1st August the bet does not count.

You guys are crazy to bet this amounts but I know investeerder beat LTEX in a bet long time ago. Litesire I would never bet against investeerder.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:58:21 PM

Today I switch to Gulden as my main coin and I will tell this community why.

Myriad experienced a big pump on Poloniex recently and there was no reason for it, this morning we find out that Myriad is being delisted from Poloniex on the 2nd May. This was a cheap shot by Poloniex and insiders who pumped the coin to dump out before the delisting announcement was made this morning. Very shady practices by Poloniex.

I never understood why this development team never wanted to be added to Poloniex. Today I know why, this team is obviously much smarter then I am.  Angry Angry

Good luck with Prime development and good luck never being added to Poloniex.
DutchCoiner

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

Enterprise Blockchain Solutions

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:16:17 PM

Myriad experienced a big pump on Poloniex recently and there was no reason for it, this morning we find out that Myriad is being delisted from Poloniex on the 2nd May. This was a cheap shot by Poloniex and insiders who pumped the coin to dump out before the delisting announcement was made this morning. Very shady practices by Poloniex.

I never understood why this development team never wanted to be added to Poloniex. Today I know why, this team is obviously much smarter then I am.  Angry Angry

Hehe, good one.

Are you already in the Gulden slack?

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:12:23 PM

Poloniex is fun for traders, gulden is a real coin not a pump and dump coin
I know 2 euro exchanges for gulden is coming
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: