Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:19:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250128 times)
raffshore

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:18:15 PM

I think Gulden can be easily get top 3 in crypto once whitepaper proven successful.

Don't worry, most of the people complaining here are like Geert Wilders, tell us problems but have no solutions. The Dutch is a nation with many different opinions and should largely be ignored as it shows in our politics. 28 parties and no outright winners, ignore the cucks on this forum who do nothing but complain.

wtf man why involve politics here Sad
BigDikBTC

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:00:21 AM

It's guesswork by some random telegram poster and should be ignored - just like all the other guesswork that goes on on here.

Are the developers communicating on the telegram group? Have any of the testers confirmed SegSig is working?
pipipi

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:40:35 AM

buying more moonshot soon....
BigDikBTC

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:46:44 AM

This will take place after the PoW rewards have been reduced to 80 and long term investors have tied up their funds into witness accounts. At this point wealthy investors and traders will move in to corner the remainder of the market with less dump worries. This is when the poor will transfer their coins to the rich.

Watch for July and August when the devs finally release 2.0.
CryptoObserver

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:37:09 PM

This will take place after the PoW rewards have been reduced to 80 and long term investors have tied up their funds into witness accounts. At this point wealthy investors and traders will move in to corner the remainder of the market with less dump worries. This is when the poor will transfer their coins to the rich.

The markets are showing great skepticism towards the PoW2 and SegSig update. A July update is better then no update.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:32:06 PM

The markets are showing great skepticism towards the PoW2 and SegSig update. A July update is better then no update.

The diehard fanboys are starting to see MaNI is human. Not some god that can click his fingers and have innovative code ready in 2 months and rolled out. Since I started investing in Gulden last year I do care that proper testing is done as I plan to witness. ETH came with lots of bugs and people lost money from the exploits, MaNI has to make sure no exploits in this release. This is the downside of innovation.
DubMatrix

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:34:58 PM

For info on development progress, head over to https:dev.gulden.com, the latest news from 20-JAN-2018:

January Development Update
Gulden 2.0:
The Gulden 2.0 release is still being tested with bugs being fixed and retested until we are 100% confident each one can be written off the list. This process is time consuming but worth the peace of mind that when 2.0 is ready for release, your Gulden will be safe and secure with all functions working as intended across all platforms.

...... and a lot more

The update from 20-DEC-2017 said the following about Gulden 2.0 testers:

What are our testers testing for the Gulden 2.0 update?
We have had this question come up from many community members so we thought it would be a good time to break down the parts involved. The 2.0 update involves tens of thousands of lines of code that effect every layer of the software, from the blockchain consensus, the transaction script layer to the network layer and UI. While the bulk of the code has been written and reviewed there is simply no replacement for repeated real world testing by multiple parties and this is what the testing phase is all about.

1. Phase 1 to 5 upgrade script for PoW2 and SegSig compatibility.
The above process eliminates the need for an immediate messy hard fork; allowing time for everyone to upgrade cleanly while also bringing the witnessing functinality into use as fast as possible. With the amount of services reliant on Gulden we have to keep downtime to an absolute minimum.

2. Witnessing balance in practise compared to theory.
The development team have come up with a new testnet called fastnets where each person can run their own simulations alongside our main testnet. This gives our testers the ability to fast track the results of witnessing.

3. SegSig introduces a completely new transaction format with up to 58% smaller transactions.
This new format needs to be tested in multiple ways to ensure that it works in all cases and for all transaction types and that no unexpected issues are introduced.

4. When it comes to user interface design nothing beats real user feedback.
As we reach the final part of testing our UX team and developers will be working closely with users to ensure that the interface is one that all users can use and not just the technically minded.

5. iOS and Android 2.0 compatibility testing.

6. Aside from SegSig and PoW², version 2.0 also introduces dozens of other bug fixes and various new upstream functionality.
While the main focus is on SegSig/PoW² it is important that all other functionality is also retested to not let any surprise issues through.
TheCanadianBach

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:27:43 AM
Merited by Glen Hoddle (1), Shitcointalk (1)

The diehard fanboys are starting to see MaNI is human. Not some god that can click his fingers and have innovative code ready in 2 months and rolled out. Since I started investing in Gulden last year I do care that proper testing is done as I plan to witness. ETH came with lots of bugs and people lost money from the exploits, MaNI has to make sure no exploits in this release. This is the downside of innovation.

What I am failing to understand, is why their is a double standard when it comes to Gulden? I follow a lot of coins and 95% of them have no updates planned, it's more about marketing.

Most of the coins release with a new feature which is the easy part. They fork bitcoin or ETH and add in a gimmick and sometimes good feature and market this. However most of the developers it seems aren't capable of updating, any developer will tell you it's 100 times easier to release software
with a new feature added then to update later on.

All I see is a bunch of trolls on this forum that keep kicking the dev team in the proverbial balls but don't understand how lucky they are that the Gulden devs have the talent to update and not only update but innovate.

Is the trash talking to try get more Gulden before the update?

EG. ETH going to Casper which is going to make them a POS hybrid like peercoin, they have a coin to copy and work off and this update is taking over 2 years.

Gulden started on PoW2 a year ago and added SegSig in August last year, both are innovative projects benefitting blockchain and it's being done quicker then ETH only switching to POS. Lets put things in perspective!

krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:44:03 AM

I think that it is necessary to have a certain level of knowledge and experience to say that I am a little bit confident I am investing a solid bit of profit in the long run

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
SuperOrca

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:19:06 AM

What I am failing to understand, is why their is a double standard when it comes to Gulden? I follow a lot of coins and 95% of them have no updates planned, it's more about marketing.

Most of the coins release with a new feature which is the easy part. They fork bitcoin or ETH and add in a gimmick and sometimes good feature and market this. However most of the developers it seems aren't capable of updating, any developer will tell you it's 100 times easier to release software

All I see is a bunch of trolls on this forum that keep kicking the dev team in the proverbial balls but don't understand how lucky they are that the Gulden devs have the talent to update and not only update but innovate.

EG. ETH going to Casper which is going to make them a POS hybrid like peercoin, they have a coin to copy and work off and this update is taking over 2 years.

Gulden started on PoW2 a year ago and added SegSig in August last year, both are innovative projects benefitting blockchain and it's being done quicker then ETH only switching to POS. Lets put things in perspective!

I expect a 10% drop in value every week the update is not given an official release date. 1000-1500 sat is where I expect the price to go. After the release is confirmed and if the right exposure is given to the project I expect the value to go between 5000 and 10000 sat.
The risk is the developers are unable to deliver on PoW2 and SegSig and the project is scrapped, the price will then drop further to 400-500sat.

This project is based on it's development, no one buys Gulden for it's marketing and ability to attract rich investors.
Danuberiver

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:13:45 AM

I expect a 10% drop in value every week the update is not given an official release date. 1000-1500 sat is where I expect the price to go. After the release is confirmed and if the right exposure is given to the project I expect the value to go between 5000 and 10000 sat.
The risk is the developers are unable to deliver on PoW2 and SegSig and the project is scrapped, the price will then drop further to 400-500sat.

This project is based on it's development, no one buys Gulden for it's marketing and ability to attract rich investors.

Rijk make the coin with too much supply. EFL price is more stable and higher and this is with no development. Money doesn't need to be smart and only work, a coin needs a halving often to increase the value. Halving with no development is better then no halving with all the development in the world.

EFL - 3081 sat
NLG - 2145 sat
elijahtri

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:39:40 AM

Long term this coin is a buy at these prices. Short term traders will use fear of the delay in the update to push the prices down. Take advantage below 2000 sat.
Spooly

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:20:10 PM

Rijk make the coin with too much supply. EFL price is more stable and higher and this is with no development. Money doesn't need to be smart and only work, a coin needs a halving often to increase the value. Halving with no development is better then no halving with all the development in the world.

EFL - 3081 sat
NLG - 2145 sat

Sorry but this is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

You're saying that a coin with no development, stalled, no good team behind it, no updates planned, is better than Gulden, that has a great team, some groundbreaking updates that will skyrocket the price, a very nice support, a real use case that is already working very well (I use Gulden almost daily to buy stuff here in NL) ?

Just because of current the price in satoshis? really? WTF? Halving means that you could also get less coins, it doesn't matter the current price, what matter is everything that is behind the curtains.

If you measure if a coin is good or not because of the price in satoshis, man... you're really, really bad at measuring cryptos, sorry to say things that way, but you made me laugh.

DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:38:28 PM

EFL - 3081 sat
NLG - 2145 sat

Sorry but this is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

You're saying that a coin with no development, stalled, no good team behind it, no updates planned, is better than Gulden, that has a great team, some groundbreaking updates that will skyrocket the price, a very nice support, a real use case that is already working very well (I use Gulden almost daily to buy stuff here in NL) ?

Just because of current the price in satoshis? really? WTF? Halving means that you could also get less coins, it doesn't matter the current price, what matter is everything that is behind the curtains.

If you measure if a coin is good or not because of the price in satoshis, man... you're really, really bad at measuring cryptos, sorry to say things that way, but you made me laugh.

It's currently a game of chess predicting when they will be ready with PoW2 and SegSig or is it ready and they waiting on Nocks to add USD and GBP?

JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:50:34 PM

The NLG Gulden dev team and the project certainly looks significantly more professional to me, compared to e-Gulden. They are currently not hyping up the coin atm, just like other big projects out there like Cardano, etc.

The present valuation and pumping up of coins is irrelevant if you are in for the long term, and supports the project and its development. NLG price have droped a little since I’ve entered, and I’m buying more, just like with TRON, which I also see as an undervalued coin atm.

However if you are into crypto speculation/fast-trading for quick profits, NLG is definately not for you IMO.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:36:00 PM

Long term this coin is a buy at these prices. Short term traders will use fear of the delay in the update to push the prices down. Take advantage below 2000 sat.

The tone of the last dev update tells me the release is far off. Get the dump over and done with so we can start collecting under 1000 sat.
Spooly

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:43:21 PM

The tone of the last dev update tells me the release is far off. Get the dump over and done with so we can start collecting under 1000 sat.

lol ? The last dev update is very optimistic while being realistic at the same time, it was a very good update Wink

People saying otherwise (like you) ofc only want to create FUD so the coin can be bought cheaper, lol

It's already very cheap at the moment and it's an excellent price to buy and everyone knows that Smiley
Shitcointalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:56:00 PM

Why everybody give a shit about the update release date ?

-If you believe in them, just let them do their job, they will release when ready. March or august, what difference ? Quality is what they are after, so It would be damn stupid to rush for idiot speculators.

- If you don't believe in them, tell us why once and for all, and go speculate on a get rich quick shitcoin with no product.

Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:03:30 PM

-If you believe in them, just let them do their job, they will release when ready. March or august, what difference ? Quality is what they are after, so It would be damn stupid to rush for idiot speculators.

- If you don't believe in them, tell us why once and for all, and go speculate on a get rich quick shitcoin with no product.

The longer the update take the more speculators lose faith and dump for a loss. I am saying they must dump and go invest in get rich quick coins.

Gulden doesn't have any rich investors and must rely on dev updates to get people interested. The longer the update take the lower the price.

You know I am right.
Shitcointalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

The longer the update take the more speculators lose faith and dump for a loss. I am saying they must dump and go invest in get rich quick coins.

Gulden doesn't have any rich investors and must rely on dev updates to get people interested. The longer the update take the lower the price.

You know I am right.

Yes, you're right, you can try to speculate to win (or lose) a few satoshis, but in the end it's mostly talking to say nothing.

Gulden rely on about 100,000 peoples that are using it everyday in the Netherlands. If you go buy your coffee tomorrow, it doesn't really matter if the update is released or not.
As an investor, I hodl and if I have to hodl 2 more months, it's all the same.
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: