Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie restrictions (Please discuss forum policy here.)  (Read 38169 times)
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:41:15 AM

Start your own forum and client. I am, this place is obviously run by forum administrators that lack managing a community of any significant size.
I am considering this as well. I do run a couple message boards centered around other subjects and the Bitcoin thread there are very active. If you do start one, PM me the link, please, if that is allowed for noobs.
I will, and, ironically they did block PM access lol. They just restored it after a minimum post count of 1.

Lol @ the Bitcoin.org Forum definition of "trolling" - any opinion which is not in-sync with the moderating team.

Elon Krusky

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
optionstalker

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:41:44 AM

Dear admins, I'll pay you 0.001 BTC if you whitelist me.

Ok ok... 0.002 but no more. Address?

argh. I still can't post in the non-n00b forums. Dammit I've got a site to build. Ok ok I'll pay you 0.004. Look, I can keep this binary exponential bribe equation running for as long as it takes.

foxcartier

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:42:17 AM

all done.
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:42:46 AM

Again, any mod worth his salt could have easily locked threads, banned accounts, whatever.

This is the first good thought you've had.  It goes against my instincts, but I guess your right, it is time to ban you for trolling.
Surely you are joking.

Yes, he was just joking.  creigto was actually just upping his post count to further solidify his grand position above us newbies.

"We cannot have a post count deficit, Mr. President!" ~ paraphrased line from Dr. Strangelove
Synaptic

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:44:39 AM

blah blah 50 posts

33, you're almost there buddy!
Jere.Jones

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:44:43 AM

It would probably be a good idea for the original posters or a mod to edit out the email addresses now that they aren't needed.  At least up to the "all done" post.

Jere
jonnynogood

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:45:01 AM

limit people to this newbie section for 48 hours

effectively banning people that have been here for a while from even posting things that they were discussing 5 hours ago sucks
1.21gigawatts

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:47:10 AM

you got a lot of spamming before you get there
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:48:41 AM

I can understand that bitcoins are getting popular and there are better things to do then mod the forums all day, However if you don't like the rules you do have the right to start your own forums for bitcoin. I will be doing the same, I'm creating an official website for my Mining Farm web front-end where mining pool operators and noobs can come and chat about everything bitcoin with out restrictions, I'll keep you guys posted when the site is up.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:48:56 AM

Really guys, these drastic measures weren't made because of some random trolls.  I have been on this forum non-stop for the last 10 hours, and even at the peak of trolls, there were only 3-4 active threads with porrly reasoned arguments going on.

The reason for these drastic measures, silencing new accounts, is because of people like me who came here and spoke honest trueth, well reasoned logic, and mental discipline to examining not only the bitcoin market, but the nature of bitcoin itself.

And you're going to see a lot more of it, this was just a temporary measure so they can try to get people to calm down and stop selling off so many BTC.

I'd think throttling newbies could only be bad for the bitcoin market.

Newbies are what drive demand.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BTCPrizes

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:49:26 AM

And here I thought we we over this red tape, oh wait no.. more red tape!
lord bookington

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:49:52 AM

hmm
SpaceLord

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:49:53 AM

I'd like to be whitelisted too. But I want this spam to stop! Am I real?  Huh
Synaptic

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:50:21 AM

I can understand that bitcoins are getting popular and there are better things to do then mod the forums all day, However if you don't like the rules you do have the right to start your own forums for bitcoin. I will be doing the same, I'm creating an official website for my Mining Farm web front-end where mining pool operators and noobs can come and chat about everything bitcoin with out restrictions, I'll keep you guys posted when the site is up.

Great we'll be on the lookout.
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:50:39 AM

50 posts is ok

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
nakowa

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:51:06 AM

this means I have to post 50+ unnecessary posts to talk about something I need to say...
elpresidente

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:52:54 AM

limit people to this newbie section for 48 hours

effectively banning people that have been here for a while from even posting things that they were discussing 5 hours ago sucks
This. I am no stranger to message boards but fairly new to Bitcoin (three weeks or so). I have relied heavily on the message board for information and discussion during that time. I know not to jump right away on a board with noob questions and simple posts. I lurked until I needed the help of the board and only have a few posts. I'm not going to intentionally post garbage in this sub-forum just to have the ability to interact with the Bitcoin community. It's a waste of time and actually promotes trolling, imo. I will probably move on or merely lurk forever. I stand firm in my commitment to never reach 50 posts on this board. Not until that law is repealed. I am completely opposed to it.
nakowa

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:53:24 AM

This policy would not prevent spam, since spammers are glad to post more than 50 posts...

and it would harm users usually silent but suddenly need to talk, (including me..)

what do you think?
foxcartier

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:54:25 AM

It would probably be a good idea for the original posters or a mod to edit out the email addresses now that they aren't needed.  At least up to the "all done" post.

Jere

Good idea, if you guys care about your email address ^^
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:55:22 AM

I highly welcome and encourage you to peruse the posts in question and post your thought, if you can good Sir.

"Let me explain smalls claims courts to you:"

"Oh I'm very happy to stay in the bitcoin economy.  I'm minting free money on the hopes and dreams of amateur investors with the computer sitting next to me, after all..."

"Paypal fees aren't that bad...hell, neither are credit card fees, really.  Certainly not when compared with BTC lol."

"And oh great gods of Valhalla what delicious, delicious government over-payments they are. Right now my Gubmint over-payments are outpacing my BTC mining by a wide margin, so I guess you could say I just have a diversified portfolio!"

"So I guess to sum up what I'm saying is go fuck yourselves.  Yep, that's pretty much it really.  Go fuck yourselves, you know nothings.

Good day, Sirs.  Good day."

"Unless you're happy jerking your pud about printing money for nothing with the rest of your "I just happened to have some powerful cards cause I'm a gamer" and "I'm getting rich cause I print money, BUY MORE CARDS, RALLY" and "This is the way of the future guys, really, I know it" bretheren, then you better hope to the fucking bitcoin god that someone more mature and a better man than you are out there trying to POLITELY educate people who don't understand it."

"Hey, get the fucking point yet?  They won't.  They NEVER WILL.  Unless you have rather extraordinary parents who are undoubtedly in a small minority."

Only your first post wasn't overtly negative...

"Hello all,

Glad to be a new part of the bitcoin world.

My current system is 1x 5770 and 1x 5830, non Crossfire. I also have a my NVIDIA card that was replaced by the AMD's.

My question is, is there any way for me to plug in my NVIDIA card into my third PCI-e slot and use it to mine as well?

I have already tried and when I installed the NVIDIA drivers it broke OpenCL and guiminer could no longer see my AMD cards.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this to work...

Also, damn this OpenCL bug pegging cores.  I hope everyone affected has notified AMD of their folly!

Thanks everyone!"

And the time difference between your first post and your first negative post was nine minutes.  Did you have some kind of amazing epiphany in those nine minutes?  Suddenly discover that it's all a scam?

Troll.  Probably professionally.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: