Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie restrictions (Please discuss forum policy here.)  (Read 38169 times)
1.21gigawatts

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:56:28 AM

I'm free!!!  See you on the other side guys.  I hope to see more meaningful discussion now that there won't be hundreds of newbie posts asking which video card to buy to mine bitcoins
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCPrizes

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:56:34 AM

This is basically an internment camp the moderators have herded the noobies into to stop the recent flux of trolls. See Japanese in WWII America for more information.

+1, except maybe now its the other way around?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:57:28 AM

I can understand that bitcoins are getting popular and there are better things to do then mod the forums all day, However if you don't like the rules you do have the right to start your own forums for bitcoin. I will be doing the same, I'm creating an official website for my Mining Farm web front-end where mining pool operators and noobs can come and chat about everything bitcoin with out restrictions, I'll keep you guys posted when the site is up.

Great we'll be on the lookout.

I bet you will.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Stevie1024

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:57:28 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 07:07:39 AM by Stevie1024

Dear Bitcoin community,

Yesterday, I got involved in this discussion:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14693.new;topicseen#new

Since then I have effectivly been labeled a troll (having 'only' 22 posts) and prohited any chance to respond to reply to xf2_org's last mail. This is appearently how the Bitcoin community wants to deal with valid critique.

I'm not going to risk this happening again. If you think my critique is valid, I'm inviting you to join me on:

http://bitcoinforum.org/

I promise you that critique, valid or not, will never be censored there.

I'm out of here!
BTCPrizes

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:57:38 AM

Go forth and make it count!
soades

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:58:12 AM

sonofa!  Angry   Once a noob, always a noob.  Tongue

congrats anyway  Sad
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:58:34 AM

Troll.  Probably professionally.
No offense bud, but judging from those posts he should have been warned and subsequently banned long ago.

Elon Krusky
CorruptDropbear

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:59:08 AM

TAKE ME WITH YOUUUU

...damnit.
sequence

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:00:25 AM

and im still stuck here...
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:00:34 AM

No offense bud, but judging from those posts he should have been warned and subsequently banned long ago.

He was.  Those were the posts that didn't call for deletion.  I was not the one who imposed that punishment, nor the one who overrode it.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

elpresidente

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:01:15 AM

I highly welcome and encourage you to peruse the posts in question and post your thought, if you can good Sir.

"Let me explain smalls claims courts to you:"

"Oh I'm very happy to stay in the bitcoin economy.  I'm minting free money on the hopes and dreams of amateur investors with the computer sitting next to me, after all..."

"Paypal fees aren't that bad...hell, neither are credit card fees, really.  Certainly not when compared with BTC lol."

"And oh great gods of Valhalla what delicious, delicious government over-payments they are. Right now my Gubmint over-payments are outpacing my BTC mining by a wide margin, so I guess you could say I just have a diversified portfolio!"

"So I guess to sum up what I'm saying is go fuck yourselves.  Yep, that's pretty much it really.  Go fuck yourselves, you know nothings.

Good day, Sirs.  Good day."

"Unless you're happy jerking your pud about printing money for nothing with the rest of your "I just happened to have some powerful cards cause I'm a gamer" and "I'm getting rich cause I print money, BUY MORE CARDS, RALLY" and "This is the way of the future guys, really, I know it" bretheren, then you better hope to the fucking bitcoin god that someone more mature and a better man than you are out there trying to POLITELY educate people who don't understand it."

"Hey, get the fucking point yet?  They won't.  They NEVER WILL.  Unless you have rather extraordinary parents who are undoubtedly in a small minority."

Only your first post wasn't overtly negative...

"Hello all,

Glad to be a new part of the bitcoin world.

My current system is 1x 5770 and 1x 5830, non Crossfire. I also have a my NVIDIA card that was replaced by the AMD's.

My question is, is there any way for me to plug in my NVIDIA card into my third PCI-e slot and use it to mine as well?

I have already tried and when I installed the NVIDIA drivers it broke OpenCL and guiminer could no longer see my AMD cards.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this to work...

Also, damn this OpenCL bug pegging cores.  I hope everyone affected has notified AMD of their folly!

Thanks everyone!"

And the time difference between your first post and your first negative post was nine minutes.  Did you have some kind of amazing epiphany in those nine minutes?  Suddenly discover that it's all a scam?

Troll.  Probably professionally.
Then you should have acted on your opinion. Instead you punish non-trolls and trolls alike, then merely threaten him in the newly established noob forum? I find your moderation style ineffectual, weak and self-serving. Ban him or don't but hwy the discussion about it first?

-edit- based on your response previous to my post, I retract my statement and apologize for my tone. I will now bow out of any meta-board discussions.
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 06:01:41 AM

I'm free!!!  See you on the other side guys.  I hope to see more meaningful discussion now that there won't be hundreds of newbie posts asking which video card to buy to mine bitcoins
How do you upgrade your membership in the forums?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:03:09 AM

I highly welcome and encourage you to peruse the posts in question and post your thought, if you can good Sir.

"Oh I'm very happy to stay in the bitcoin economy.  I'm minting free money on the hopes and dreams of amateur investors with the computer sitting next to me, after all..."

"Paypal fees aren't that bad...hell, neither are credit card fees, really.  Certainly not when compared with BTC lol."

"And oh great gods of Valhalla what delicious, delicious government over-payments they are. Right now my Gubmint over-payments are outpacing my BTC mining by a wide margin, so I guess you could say I just have a diversified portfolio!"

"So I guess to sum up what I'm saying is go fuck yourselves.  Yep, that's pretty much it really.  Go fuck yourselves, you know nothings.

Good day, Sirs.  Good day."

"Unless you're happy jerking your pud about printing money for nothing with the rest of your "I just happened to have some powerful cards cause I'm a gamer" and "I'm getting rich cause I print money, BUY MORE CARDS, RALLY" and "This is the way of the future guys, really, I know it" bretheren, then you better hope to the fucking bitcoin god that someone more mature and a better man than you are out there trying to POLITELY educate people who don't understand it."

"Hey, get the fucking point yet?  They won't.  They NEVER WILL.  Unless you have rather extraordinary parents who are undoubtedly in a small minority."

"Hello all,

My current system is 1x 5770 and 1x 5830, non Crossfire. I also have a my NVIDIA card that was replaced by the AMD's.

My question is, is there any way for me to plug in my NVIDIA card into my third PCI-e slot and use it to mine as well?

I have already tried and when I installed the NVIDIA drivers it broke OpenCL and guiminer could no longer see my AMD cards.

Also, damn this OpenCL bug pegging cores.  I hope everyone affected has notified AMD of their folly!

Thanks everyone!"

And the time difference between your first post and your first negative post was nine minutes.  Did you have some kind of amazing epiphany in those nine minutes?  Suddenly discover that it's all a scam?

Then you should have acted on your opinion. Instead you punish non-trolls and trolls alike, then merely threaten him in the newly established noob forum? I find your moderation style ineffectual, weak and self-serving. Ban him or don't but hwy the discussion about it first?

Mods don't have the power to ban users, only recommend users to be banned.  That's a power reserved for the admins.  Nor do I have the power to alter the forum rules.  I'm only a mod, not a god.

elpresidente

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:04:07 AM

"Oh I'm very happy to stay in the bitcoin economy.  I'm minting free money on the hopes and dreams of amateur investors with the computer sitting next to me, after all..."

"Paypal fees aren't that bad...hell, neither are credit card fees, really.  Certainly not when compared with BTC lol."

"So I guess to sum up what I'm saying is go fuck yourselves.  Yep, that's pretty much it really.  Go fuck yourselves, you know nothings.

Good day, Sirs.  Good day."

"Hey, get the fucking point yet?  They won't.  They NEVER WILL.  Unless you have rather extraordinary parents who are undoubtedly in a small minority."

"Hello all,

Also, damn this OpenCL bug pegging cores.  I hope everyone affected has notified AMD of their folly!

Thanks everyone!"

And the time difference between your first post and your first negative post was nine minutes.  Did you have some kind of amazing epiphany in those nine minutes?  Suddenly discover that it's all a scam?

Mods don't have the power to ban users, only recommend users to be banned.  That's a power reserved for the admins.  Nor do I have the power to alter the forum rules.  I'm only a mod, not a god.
I edited my this post and apologized. Carry on with your work.
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:04:14 AM

Wonder when they'll smarten up and decide this wasn't the greatest idea
When they see their member-base growth reduced to nothing and a highly competitive forum pop-up to challenge their authoritative position. What creighto has posted is a demonstration of lax and ineffective moderation standards. Re-evaluate your moderation standards and the rules of posting, don't condemn new members to a forum of uselessness for 50 posts.

Elon Krusky
soades

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:04:23 AM

I like it: "only a mod, not a god."
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:09:22 AM

It need not be a large donation requirement - really even a small amount would deter spammers.  I have recently bought a bc related URL and am working on implementing what I hope will be a useful service.  I would have no qualms paying an access fee here.  Otherwise my startup announcement, when it comes, may have to be in the noob forum.  Embarrassed
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:10:07 AM

Yea, I think 50 is a bit much, 20 is a much more reasonable number....
soades

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:10:52 AM

Uhhh, Only if we get it back in BTC credit when 50 is reached.  Smiley
SpaceLord

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:13:54 AM

It's a long way to the top, if you want to rock and roll(on the real forum).   Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: