Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:19:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie restrictions (Please discuss forum policy here.)  (Read 38169 times)
Anonymous

June 12, 2011, 04:13:41 PM

I just spent the last 5-10minutes attempting to quote and reply to another individual in another subforum.

I like the idea of the newbie section... however, I dislike the fact that I now have to read (probably subpar) posts in here for awhile until I can get moved up.  >.<  Interesting setting.
Sorry about that. Yes, we need to advertise our system here a little better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
biohazord

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:13:57 PM

Hey there I kind of like how you guys are limiting n00b posts to this forum but it caught me off guard. I was going to respond to a thread in another forum but was unable to. I know I'm part of this n00b rush but I've put a lot of time and research into this. For the most part in most forums I'm a lurker. I sign up and post only when necessary. Its not that I don't care about the community I just rather read. That being said the 50 post "level up" will be really hard for me to reach.

I would like to prove my knowledge about bitcoin and mining.

I have a 6950 unlocked. I've experimented with Phoenix command line using both the phatk and poclbm kernals. I've tried Phoenix Rising as well as GUIMiner. I've experimented with core clock speeds and memory clock speeds on my GPU and various flags and have so far achieved 394 MHash/s on a win 7 64-bit setup. Later today I plan on experimenting with an SD card and linux. See what kind of power I can get from that.

I have a local wallet and I've backed it up securely (bi-daily backup with pgp encryption and dropbox/external storage).

I have read about people using linux with a specific wallet account and an encrypted home directory. I'm thinking of trying that out.

I know the market will fluctuate and BTC may not be worth a whole ton. To me this has become a new hobby. A competition between me and my hardware. Pushing it as far as possible. While it would be nice to make a little money its not why I'm here.
Anonymous

June 12, 2011, 04:15:15 PM

Relax, you will be whitelisted.
OrphanedGland

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:18:24 PM

would like whitelisting please
That's nice and all but we would like some justification to put on the paperwork. The paper-pushers don't want us letting out people willy-nilly.

Well I wanted to contribute to the FPGA development thread.  As it stands I have created a new thread in the Newbies section, so most people probably won't read it.
hunter

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:20:12 PM

Just a little fyi..

I have my 2x 5870 system connected to a watt meter, from the wall the system is drawing 600w.
That is on a i2500k system with the cards running 950/1.212v, 4 hdd's, 1 optical and 4 120mm fans.
The i2500k is running at 4.7GHz/1.336v.

FlyingFlapjack

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:20:57 PM

I was just getting involved in some economics discussions...can you get a shortcut to restored posting privileges by having your posts reviewed?

Another option seems pretty obvious to me: charge something like a bit dime or bit quarter to jump ahead to full posting privileges. If people want to hit and run the forum, at least then they pay for the privilege and the forum wins out.

It's kind of ironic to have a post count system in that it penalizes thoughtful posters who don't make a one or two sentence post every hour or so.

anybody in favor of some BTC chess?? i think it'd work like chess with liquor - each piece is worth a couple bitcents depending on point value

for example .01 for pawns, .03 for bishops/knights, etc...

let me know what you think and perhaps this post will allow everyone to see that i am not a bot... just a miner trying to get by lol

Personally, I'd only consider playing that sort of game if the King was worth significantly more BTC than all the other pieces combined.

Defensive games where nobody wants to lose any material are annoying and trading time and positioning for material is one way to beat the sort of player who doesn't want to lose material ever. In other words hey, they're just pawns, it would suck to win the game but lose money on foot soldiers etc.
Anonymous

June 12, 2011, 04:22:14 PM

would like whitelisting please
That's nice and all but we would like some justification to put on the paperwork. The paper-pushers don't want us letting out people willy-nilly.

Well I wanted to contribute to the FPGA development thread.  As it stands I have created a new thread in the Newbies section, so most people probably won't read it.
Alright, thank you. You will be whitelisted within the day.
4thekoz

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:32:05 PM

Been reading and researching these forums for almost a month now, finally started to get into the mining game and make an account.

Now Im stuck here....

Just trying to get involved..  Embarrassed
emugoo

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:33:20 PM

I agree, sucks to be us.

But then, lots of interesting threads in here too, and if you just answer to some in a meaningfull way, you'll be out of newb-town in less then an hour Smiley
4thekoz

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:36:45 PM

just doesnt make sense to me to spread out discussion on the topics over multiple threads, if anything it would create more spam, although limited to this one forum..

So if I want to post a problem I have been having to the deepbit thread I should post it here first and hope tycho sees it?

Vanquistador

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:41:05 PM

just doesnt make sense to me to spread out discussion on the topics over multiple threads, if anything it would create more spam, although limited to this one forum..

So if I want to post a problem I have been having to the deepbit thread I should post it here first and hope tycho sees it?

If you make one post I believe you can send private messages.  (According to the newbie sticky)

I like the idea of a newbie thread for this forum... based on all the trolls we h ave been seeing (I've been lurking and not posting) in the main forums.
itsagas

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:41:52 PM

Why not contact the company directly.  The forums are not the support for every company related to bitcoin..
Hattiwatti

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:09:27 PM

Already bought something, can't answer to the thread since I just registered Smiley
Anonymous

June 12, 2011, 05:10:19 PM

Already bought something, can't answer to the thread since I just registered Smiley
Forwarded to the proper authority. You will be whitelisted within the day.
inexion

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:18:44 PM

Hi mods,

Requesting whitelist so I can fix my problems with guiminer. Need to post in: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=3878.720

Plz help,

Thanks
TKO

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:19:07 PM

New to the site, and the idea of bitcoin.. I'm fascinated by it
nosboy

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:22:07 PM

I just started mining about a month ago with a 5550 that my friend wasn't using. It was only putting out about 40Mh/s but I guess that's still pretty respectable. I just found a reference 6950 online (not easy) that I flashed with the 6970 firmware to unlock the shaders. I'm getting about 400Mh/s now. I know that's still not that much but...

Anyways, I know I just joined but I've been lurking here for about that same amount of time. I used to use the deepbit pool but I just moved over to BTCGuild and I want to join in on the fun over there in that thread and ask some questions that probably won't even be seen here.

Any chance on a whitelist?

Thanks!
optionstalker

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:24:24 PM

Exerting central control over a forum promoting a decentralized currency. Human psychology is endlessly fascinating.
FuzzyCoins

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:30:55 PM

Requesting white-listing.

I read the forums and only post if I have something useful to add to a conversation. I am familiar with "netiquette" going back to mid '80s (BBS, BITNET, ARPANET, Usenet, etc.) PM me if you want a reference source forge identity to see historical sample posts.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 05:33:18 PM

Just found out I can't post replies to my own posts in the mining section nymore.why is this? I havent spammed ny1 on here.I only expect this to apply to known spammers not all new users.

Also I wanna know,how can I tell how many bitcoins I mined using GUIminer? cus Bitcoin client (official is running as server due to solo GPU mining as my CPU is worthless now even tho it's an OC'd core i7 920 CPU)because If I cant see my bitcoins then it's a wasted exercise for me and I can't seem 2 always get a straight answer sometimes so a new miner like me is now more put off than wen I 1st started this mining business.

My GPU's Oc'd to the max n I only get 36.6 Mhash/s max.It's ATi Radeon HD 4670.Can't rly afford to do much upgrading atm (due to time n possibly other stuff) so I guess that ppl with weaker GPUs wont get much out of this then.Shame. Core i7 only managed 5.6Mhash/s max Oc'd to ~3GHz with GUIminer.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: