Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Omicron - OMC  (Read 55329 times)
someone111

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:18:11 PM

I want to prevent anyone getting access for a minute to my notebook to transfer my OMC elsewhere. Or me doing it by mistake. So I would like to enter my password before sending a transaction. At the same time I would like to stake for the years to come. So can I encrypt the wallet?

Is it okay to use the encrypt wallet function?

It is perfectly okey. Just keep in mind the fact that you wont be able to stake your coins unless you unlock your wallet for staking atleast or completely unlock it. Other than that, it is always safer to lock your wallet and just unlock with unlock for staking only option.
I am sorry for my newbie question, but it looks like there are like three functions I haven't seen yet. You call these concepts:

- Lock wallet.
- Unlock wallet.
- Unlock wallet for staking only.

It is all related to the encrypt wallet function?

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:25:25 PM

What is next step sir? List this coin on exchanges, and complete the roapmap, is it correct?

Omicron was very recently listed on Yobit, although currently has next to no volume as IAO and swap distribution is halfway through.

https://yobit.net/en/trade/OMC/BTC

Thanks for adding your coin to yobit. It is good news for me I do spend most time on Yobit and because of that for me trading on Yobit is convenient Now I will try to Buy your coins at there and hope it will increase to give me a huge benefit.
Gladimor (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:03:35 PM

I want to prevent anyone getting access for a minute to my notebook to transfer my OMC elsewhere. Or me doing it by mistake. So I would like to enter my password before sending a transaction. At the same time I would like to stake for the years to come. So can I encrypt the wallet?

Is it okay to use the encrypt wallet function?

It is perfectly okey. Just keep in mind the fact that you wont be able to stake your coins unless you unlock your wallet for staking atleast or completely unlock it. Other than that, it is always safer to lock your wallet and just unlock with unlock for staking only option.
I am sorry for my newbie question, but it looks like there are like three functions I haven't seen yet. You call these concepts:

- Lock wallet.
- Unlock wallet.

Yes it is.

Mining since 2014
markus124

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:33:37 PM

- Lock wallet.
- Unlock wallet.

1- open the wallet
2- wait till the "out of sync" message in the top dissapear
3- Go to "settings" and click on "Encrypt wallet" then set a password
4- Now go to "settings" and click on "unlock wallet" and use ur password (keep the "for staking only" thing on)
5- Wait more than 3 hours till u stake some coins

It's a good idea to go to "settings" / "options" / "windows" and click on "minimize on close" (otherwise ur wallet will close everytime u click the x button)
someone111

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:58:09 PM

I very much appreciate your help, thank you!

Omicron will close now to finish the encryption process. Remember that encrypting your wallet cannot fully protect your coins from being stolen by malware infecting your computer.

IMPORTANT: Any previous backups you have made of your wallet file should be replaced with the newly generated, encrypted wallet file. For security reasons, previous backups of the unencrypted wallet file will become useless as soon as you start using the new, encrypted wallet.

The last sentence is troubling.

And now after each reboot and/or omicron-qt restart I have to re-enter the password even if I just want to continue staking?

For security reasons, previous backups of the unencrypted wallet file will become useless as soon as you start using the new, encrypted wallet.

Oh no, I am back to the dark ages of bitcoin-qt. And they still haven't implemented a deterministic wallet where you can just memorize 12 words or so. And there still is no way to disable this stupid change address? I hate the change address. It does not enhance privacy but increases chances to have no proper backup. And this change address cannot be disabled. Right?

omicron-qt somehow comes with just one OMC address by default. While I remember bitcoin-qt to come with several BTC addresses.

No new (change) addresses are automatically created, right? So my previous backups should suffice?

-
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:12:30 PM

What is next step sir? List this coin on exchanges, and complete the roapmap, is it correct?

Omicron was very recently listed on Yobit, although currently has next to no volume as IAO and swap distribution is halfway through.

Wow, this must be really an amazing news to have. Yobit is one of my more preferred exchange for trading altcoins, so it really good to have Omicron there. Hopefully we will get more such announcements for many other exchanges where Omicron will be listed.

Yobit is one of the most popular exchanger site, yobit have more than 300 coin on thier site it is a good start to markets the new coin. I think while Omicron have good in promoting and marketing, it fluctuations on yobit will very good.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:22:04 PM

That is a good news but I will suggest the developers that they also add their coin to a number of other (bigger) exchanges also. So that the trade will take place on a big scale and with that none of the smaller team will be able to dump the coin. Plus you will get more traders and investors to your coins with more exchanges.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:41:58 PM

Wow, this must be really an amazing news to have. Yobit is one of my more preferred exchange for trading altcoins, so it really good to have Omicron there. Hopefully we will get more such announcements for many other exchanges where Omicron will be listed.

Yobit is one of the most popular exchanger site, yobit have more than 300 coin on thier site it is a good start to markets the new coin. I think while Omicron have good in promoting and marketing, it fluctuations on yobit will very good.

You are right advertising is the main tool for the success of any business and we are seeing that the promotion of Omicron is on its peak. People like it more to invest in. On yobit it will have a good fluctuation rates and it will attract investors to invest more and more.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:50:36 PM

You are right advertising is the main tool for the success of any business and we are seeing that the promotion of Omicron is on its peak. People like it more to invest in. On yobit it will have a good fluctuation rates and it will attract investors to invest more and more.

After have good achievements on yobit, I prefer to the developer to list omicron in poloniex. I think it is good idea, sir do you think so ?
Although the number of coin in the poloniex is less rather than in yobit but i more spending my spare time to trading in poloniex rather than in yobit Hehe  Cheesy

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

YTBitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:51:45 PM

I want to know that if I buy OMICRON on Yobit and let them at that exchange then will I be able to get the dividends? How will that work for me if I buy your coins on exchange? Or only the participants of ICO using your older channel will get that benefit.
HeroHesapSatis

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:05:12 PM

I want to know that if I buy OMICRON on Yobit and let them at that exchange then will I be able to get the dividends? How will that work for me if I buy your coins on exchange? Or only the participants of ICO using your older channel will get that benefit.

Doesn't matter where you buy them. As long as you are buying them and putting at least 10,000 omc in your wallet and share your BTC address you will be able to get dividends.
someone111

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:25:49 PM

Part of my balance is in spendable. Another part of my balance is in stake. Numbers change from time to time. Is that normal? Why is that? Any settings?

It's my first staking coin and I can't really see through yet.

-
sheba

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:33:48 PM

Part of my balance is in spendable. Another part of my balance is in stake. Numbers change from time to time. Is that normal? Why is that? Any settings?

This is normal. Your coins will stake as they "mature", ie spend enough time in your wallet. When coins are staking, they are securing the network, so you cannot spend the coins that are staking until they become spendable again. And of course, when your coins are staking is when they earn interest as a reward for securing the network.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 01:37:22 PM

What must I do to start staking? I got my OMC today. And left my wallet idle all the time. But do I have to change some setting to move from spendable to stake?

Leave your wallet unlocked, and you should be receiving stakes every 3 hours on average.
Thanks i got my OMC too today. And now im started to recieve stakes. Thanks for this active thread. Goodjob OMC the success is yours!

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:40:11 PM

That is a good news but I will suggest the developers that they also add their coin to a number of other (bigger) exchanges also. So that the trade will take place on a big scale and with that none of the smaller team will be able to dump the coin. Plus you will get more traders and investors to your coins with more exchanges.
Yes, when we are having more options to trade Omicron it will not get chances to be dumped my any individual trader nor any group of traders. Yes, big scale is always good to have. Hopefully, I like to see Omicron to be listed on Poliniex very soon, I am eagerly waiting for trading there.
lucky80

Activity: 1652
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 02:26:01 PM

Hello Sir Adam ... Coins Received

Thanks
someone111

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:58:35 PM

This is normal. Your coins will stake as they "mature", ie spend enough time in your wallet. When coins are staking, they are securing the network, so you cannot spend the coins that are staking until they become spendable again. And of course, when your coins are staking is when they earn interest as a reward for securing the network.
Somehow just now all coins moved back to Spendable and 0 remain under Stake. Also normal?

If coins can "mature"... Can they also "unmature"? If I loose connection (24 hour forced disconnect, some ISP issues), will I start over with the process of coin maturing?

Where can I read more about this maturing and staking stuff?

-
Gladimor (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:04:29 PM

Somehow just now all coins moved back to Spendable and 0 remain under Stake. Also normal?

If coins can "mature"... Can they also "unmature"? If I loose connection (24 hour forced disconnect, some ISP issues), will I start over with the process of coin maturing?

Where can I read more about this maturing and staking stuff?

Yes it is normal. Whenever you receive a stake, your input TX divides by 2, and sent back to spendable once they confirm, and the cycle continues.

Mining since 2014
someone111

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:12:52 PM

What algorithm is OMC using?

From which coin source code OMC has been forked?

-
Gladimor (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:52:03 PM

What algorithm is OMC using?

From which coin source code OMC has been forked?

Scrypt mining algorithm, and partial base code of Novacoin//Peercoin//Bitcoin.

Mining since 2014
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: